[movie 2007] Open City 무방비 도시

quteacho

Guest kdramafanusa

Wonderful Rubie posted this in the News thread, thank you Rubie. =)

January 23, 2008

Film 'Open city' to be made a drama by the production company of upcoming "On-air"

Kim Myeong-min and Son Ye-jin's latest film, "Open City" (directed by Lee Sang-ki) is going to be made into a drama.

The film reached 1 million audiences within 11 days of its release, displaying the power of Korean films in January. The drama production, K-dream, which produced Lee Seo-jin and Kim Jeong-eun couple's drama "Lovers", decided to make the film into a drama.

The spokesman from the K-dream said, the drama "Open City" (the title of the drama is yet to be finalised) will be made into a total of 16 episodes, focusing on real depiction of pocket-picking crime and the joys and sorrows of metropolitan city polices who chase after them. The drama "Open City" is going to be created by the hands of the best producers and staff in the field and is soon to start making production preparations, aiming to be on-air this winter.

Because the film "Open City" just entered the 3rd week of showing at the cinemas, the news of making it into a drama have gained a great attention from the entertainment industry. In the past, the decision of making popular films into dramas was made well after it was off the cinema screen or if the film was based on an original work, the copyrights for both film and drama were bought at the same time.

The film "Open City" is a serious real crime action film, which involves the life and works of metropolitan city police and the shocking reality of pocket-picking crimes, which never been issued in the history of Korean films. Upon its release, the film gained much attention from various drama productions due to its unique materials and attractive characters.

Meanwhile, K-dream's latest drama, "On-air" is going to be televised this February, starring Song Yoon-ah, Kim Ha-neul, Lee Beom-soo and Park Yong-ha.

Translated at www.hancinema.net

From original article at news.naver.com

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

February 13, 2008

Korean films sought after by Europe and Asia

European and Asian buyers closed deals on several Korean films rights at the Berlin Film festivals market. JUN Ji-hyuns star power in Asia resulted in A Man Who Was Superman being sold to Hong Kong (Golden Scene), Thailand (J-Bics), and Singapore (Festive Films) by CJ Entertainment. The human interest drama was directed by CHUNG Yoon-chul and stars HWANG Jung-min as a traumatised man.

German Splendid pre-bought the rights for The Divine Weapon and Sookmyeong. CJ Entertainment also sold Open City and Our Town to Splendid.

Sookmyeong is an action noir starring Korean star KWON Sang-woo and SONG Seung-heon. KIM Hae-gon directs the story about friends who turn to crime.

The historical drama The Divine Weapon stars JUNG Jae-young and is about the invention of an advanced weapon to defend a former Korean dynasty. JUNG frequently collaborated with celebrated director JANG Jin and his latest film is the comedy Going by the Book. Wild Card's director KIM Yoo-jin helmed the epic film.

Open City is currently in Korean cinemas. Director LEE Sang-gis crime film stars SON Ye-jin and KIM Myeong-min. KIM plays a detective and SON a gang leader. The two get caught up in an affair.

In Our Town, young talent RYU Deok-hwan plays a killer. LEE Sun-kyun and OH Man-suk also star in the tense thriller, and JUNG Gil-young directed.

Yi Chang-ho (KOFIC)

Source: Korean Film Council

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

from yesasia

Open City (DVD) (Korea Version)

~ Son Ye Jin | Kim Myung Min

The price is to be determined.

Expected Release Date:April 30, 2008

Son Ye Jin (A Moment To Remember, April Snow) masters the art of seduction with precision in Open City, an erotic crime thriller penned and directed by Lee Sang Ki in his first feature film. The chameleon actress is enchantingly breathtaking as the sexy, manipulative femme fatale who leads an organized pickpocket ring. The first Korean film to reveal the intricate inner workings of what is considered Korea's equivalent to the FBI, Open City also offers a riveting first-hand look at the various methods of pickpocketing that will have the audience think twice before leaving the house. Completely smitten by Son's beauty is Kim Myung Min (Return) who breathes much charisma into his complex role as a criminal investigator. As he finds himself caught in the deadly predicament of falling for his investigation's prime target, the onscreen chemistry between the two leads explodes to a new high. Tightly coiled with sexual tension throughout the film, Open City shows all the right moves in all the right places.

The leader of an international pickpocket organization, sexy siren Baek Jang Mi (Son Ye Jin) returns to Korea after blowing her cover in Japan. Keeping a low profile by running a small tattoo parlor, she soon organizes a new ring which quickly gains power across the country. Top-notch criminal investigator Jo Dae Young (Kim Myung Min) is called in to handle the massive pickpocket crime that is spreading like wildfire. Besieged by a dark family secret, Dae Young reluctantly takes on the case. A fatal attraction ignites when the detective saves Jang Mi from the hands of her rival ring members. Ensnared by her brazenly sexual advances, Dae Young is shocked when he later learns that she is his investigation's prime target. With so much riding on the outcome, he trails her right into her tattoo parlor. But once again, he finds himself gambling away his basic instincts in the name of passion.

© This content was originally written by YesAsia.com or has been officially licensed, and cannot be reprinted without the express written permission of YesAsia.com.

Product Information

Product Title : Open City (DVD) (Korea Version)

Region Code : (What is it?)

Picture Format : (What is it?)

Artist Name(s) : Son Ye Jin | Kim Myung Min | Lee Sang Ki

Release Date : April 30, 2008

Language : Korean

Subtitle : Korean, English

Package Weight : 9,999 g

Publisher : Fantom Korea

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1010670240

Shipment Unit : 1 (What is it?)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

from dvdasian

Open City: Limited Special Edition ( Region-3) (2 DVD)

Starring: Son Ye Jin, Kim Myung Min, Lee Sang Ki

Director: Lee Sang Gi

Studio: Fantom Entertainment (Korea)

Rating: NR

Genre: Crime Thriller

Our Price : $29.95

Product Detail

Audio Format: DD 2.0. DD 5.1 , DTS 5.1

Video Format: Widescreen 1.85:1 (Anamorphic)

Languages: Korean

Subtitles: English, Korean

Region Code: 3

Year Made: 2008

Running Time: 112

Release Date: 04/14/2008

Special Features

- Bonus Materials

- Making of Open City

- Being Femme Fatale

- Tatto Making

- Deleted Scenes

- Trailer

31507.ss.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the DVDrip is out! :w00t:

Currently downloading off FTP, but I also saw it in doldu's clubbox

무.방.비.도.시.2008.DVDRip.XviD.AC3.CD1-CiMG.avi [릴교체.CiMG릴.2CD]

무.방.비.도.시.2008.DVDRip.XviD.AC3.CD2-CiMG.avi [한국.범죄,액션.개봉 2008.01.10]

and the subs:

무.방.비.도.시.2008.2CD-CiMG (한,영SUB자막).zip

AHHHHHH... so excited~~~ hehehe.. can't wait to see this! ^_^

Just finished watching this movie... and as expected, it was 10 times BETTER than I imagined!

Awesomeeee... SUPER INTENSE, Son Ye Jin is super seductive and gorgeous as usual. Kim Myung Min, well he's always HOT :wub: hee hee... so All Son Ye Jin & Kim Myung Min should NOT miss this!

And Kim Hae Sook (Robbers Dal Rae's mom), she's really an awesome actress.

I've seen her lots in drama, but seldom in movies. She really did such a great job in this movie.

Oh~ and I saw a few familiar faces in this movie such as:

- the mafia ahjussi in Robbers, the one that likes Dal Rae's mom (forgot his name), he's also in this movie.

- Joomoohi from Legend (Park Sang Myun) also in this movie haha.. I was like, Hey this guy looks familiar... :D

Guest Diavle

Watched the movie and I give it a 5/10.

Son Yeh Jin was terrible (both in terms of how her role was written and how she acted it out), she was completely out of her element to the point where she came off as an amateur. She should stick to melodramas, that is an area where she is almost unbeatable.

What enjoyment I did get out of the movie was due to the mother/son arc. The woman playing the mother is simply a brilliant, brilliant actress. Heck, I think this area should have been the entire focus of the movie, the rift between the mother and children.

Guest kdramafanusa

Just finished watching this movie... and as expected, it was 10 times BETTER than I imagined!

Awesomeeee... SUPER INTENSE, Son Ye Jin is super seductive and gorgeous as usual. Kim Myung Min, well he's always HOT :wub: hee hee... so All Son Ye Jin & Kim Myung Min should NOT miss this!

And Kim Hae Sook (Robbers Dal Rae's mom), she's really an awesome actress.

I've seen her lots in drama, but seldom in movies. She really did such a great job in this movie.

Ay_link, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I'm so glad to hear that you like it. :)

I can't wait to receive my DVD.

Watched the movie and I give it a 5/10.

Son Yeh Jin was terrible (both in terms of how her role was written and how she acted it out), she was completely out of her element to the point where she came off as an amateur. She should stick to melodramas, that is an area where she is almost unbeatable.

What enjoyment I did get out of the movie was due to the mother/son arc. The woman playing the mother is simply a brilliant, brilliant actress. Heck, I think this area should have been the entire focus of the movie, the rift between the mother and children.

Diavle, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the movie. :(

Some reviews mentioned that this type of role is more of Kim Hye-soo than Son Ye-jin's. In interviews, SYJ said that she felt that the role wasn't for her when she first read the script; but she decided to give it a try. At the press conference, she was nervous about how viewers would feel/react to her performance.

I read it's awesome and can't wait to get my dvd!! Also.. so looking forward to Shim Ji Ho..*faints* :rolleyes:

Inez, I hope both of us would find this movie awesome too.

i just watched this...with subs finally.....

it was >< so...saddd =(

S2KangTa, I can't wait to see it.

Guest vkkkim

Thank you Ay Link for sharing the link and TY to the CB uploader. :) Love this movie. Everyone's mum Kim Hae Sook never disappoints the audience. Her acting is superb as always. Bravo !!!

Guest S2KangTa

now that more people seem to have seen it i can start discussing

i agreeee!!! kim hae sook was amazinggggg in this movieee!! loved the mother/son parts the most.... i would hate to be in KMM's character''s shoes...its just so hard...

son ye jin on the other hand...i was expecting more from her =(

kim myung min....great performance...as always...

to kdramafanusa

are u going to WAIT for ur dvd? don't know how you managed to do it...cuz i was so impatient for the movie to come out...

Guest kdramafanusa

son ye jin on the other hand...i was expecting more from her =(

kim myung min....great performance...as always...

to kdramafanusa

are u going to WAIT for ur dvd? don't know how you managed to do it...cuz i was so impatient for the movie to come out...

Maybe this role wasn't suited for SYJ? I cannot imagine her in sexy roles, I have this innocent image of her. =)

S2KangTa, I'm waiting for my DVD to come. I'm not very good with d/l, I couldn't get the torrent link posted in SYJ's thread to work. Would you please show me what I need to do to see it? Thanks. =)

I loved the film and great acting on everyone's part especially Son Ye Jin and Kim Hae Sook. Son Ye Jin pulled off being very seductive, Kim Myeong Min came off better looking than the photo shoots, and Kim Hae Sook gave the best performance I've seen thus far. Everything in the film is original and unexpected. I really liked the transition between the present and the past, everything was explained clearly and when needed. I also dropped a few tears while watching the film on the mother-son relationship. This is a must watch though if I were to rate it, I'd give it a 8/10.

There was one thing I was confused about. Why did Lieutenant Oh Yeon Soo say "I should call you Mrs. Cho" to the mother?

Guest Diavle

There was one thing I was confused about. Why did Lieutenant Oh Yeon Soo say "I should call you Mrs. Cho" to the mother?

He didn't say that, it was lost in translation sorta.

He said "Dae-Young's mom", which touched her.

Archived