Son Ye Jin and Kim Myung Min
official website

http://www.open-city.co.kr/

teaser trailer

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/trailer/2007/11/daum_city_teaser.wmv

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

無防備城市 "Open City" - Son Yejin

syjillust.jpg

2 years after "Art of Seduction", Son Yejin is up for another role with a strong character. This time she is Baek Jang Mi a leader of an International Theft Organisation. Being charming and seductive she could control men to get anything she wanted. Kim Myung Min taking the role of Jo Dae Young, an investigator who has never failed to bring criminals to justice. The meeting of the two will sparkle off thrill and excitement for both their fans. Love or Battle of Wits ... Film will start rolling by this month , the movie is estimated to complete by December.

credit: Son Yejin's tracker

the other actor in the new movie of son ye jin is shim ji oh. he's being managed by BOF [byj's management company], same management company of so ji sub, lee na young and heo yi jae . here's some photos of shim ji oh

shimjinhoko7.jpg9ma6oy5ie2.jpg

Here's more info about him ~Born: May 2, 1981 Height/Weight: 183 cm (6') / 67 kg (148 lbs) School: Sejong UniversityTV dramas: Stained Glass Window (Ji-suk); I'm Sorry, I Love You (Min-joo's boyfriend); My Precious Child (Jae-min); School 2

courtesy of http://koreanwiz.org

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest antinh85

i love her. ... she looks hot in the picture above.. the guy looks hot too...wow korean actors are so good looking...so envious.. why does filming take that long.. December..that's rather long for one movie..

July 23, 2007

SON Ye-jin as a Criminal Kingpin

opencity1pl1.jpg

SON Ye-jin has been cast in the action thriller Open City (Moobangbi Dosi). She will play a femme fatale who leads an international criminal organization. KIM Myeong-min will play opposite of SON and LEE Sang-gi is directing the film.KIM will play an investigator who is assigned on SON’s case and things start to get complicated when SON’s character becomes attracted to KIM’s character. SON is a newcomer to the action genre and is preparing herself for the new physical challenges that await her from the end of July, when filming will commence. The film is scheduled for a release in December of this year.SON was often cast as an innocent and sweet character in films like The Classic (2002). With her last film - the comedy The Art of Seduction (2005) - she already explored another kind of character, similar to her role in Open City, a confident woman who easily wraps men around her finger.

Credits: Yi Ch'ang-ho (KOFIC), poster from CINE21

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/KOFIC/Channel?...Gesimul_SNO=741

Open City December 2007

The estimated 60 billion won movie "Open City" starring Kim Myung Min & Son Ye Jin started their initial filming since 31 July this year. Kim commented "Since today is the first day of shooting, been excited since morning. This is the first time i have a good feeling this work will turn out good."

open%20city%20-%20son%20ye%20jin.jpg

Through impressive action and highly detailed crime making it a high quality korean action movie. Estimated to be on screen in December 2007.

open%20city%20-%20son%20ye%20jin%202.jpg

Son Yejin was said had been preparing hard for her role as Baek Jang Mi (白玫瑰). As translated from the source, it is said that to make her role more realistic she is learning to pickpocket or rather some basic moves. The production company mentioned that after Kim, they are glad to be able to get hold of a big cast like Son. They are confident to make this "action" and "tragic love story" movie more realistic.

credit: Son Yejin's tracker

Source & Pictures from Chinese Official

Guest incarnadine

Thanks so much for the info! Woohoo another project for Kim Myeong Min -- can't wait! Will definitely look forward to this :)

2007 하반기(Fall,Winter), 거침없는 라인업(3편)-한국영화

2007-08-17 posted by Louis in iyejin

cont_1_20070815181547020000020300.jpg

감독 이상기 | 주연 김명민 손예진 | 개봉 12월 | 장르 범죄

Hot Line 잡으려는 자와 도망치는 자, 무방비 도시에는 그들만의 생존전략이 있다!

영화 <작업의 정석> 이후 2년 만에 스크린으로 돌아온 손예진과 드라마 <하얀거탑>으로 인기 상종가를 달리는 김명민이 한 스크린에 나온다고 해서 화제가 된 작품. 카리스마 넘치는 기업형 소매치기 보스 ‘백장미’와 그녀를 뒤쫓는 광역수사대 형사 조대영의 쫓고 쫓기는 두뇌 싸움과 그 와중에 싹트는 그들의 미묘한 사랑을 그려낸 작품이다. <바람의 파이터> 조감독이던 이상기 감독의 충무로 데뷔작. <바람의 파이터> 프리프로덕션 중, 자료 수집차 간 일본의 신주쿠 지하철 안에서 소매치기당한 감독의 개인적 경험이 모티프가 돼 <무방비도시>의 각본을 직접 쓰게 되었다고 한다. 주연만큼이나 탄탄해 보이는 조연 연기자들의 캐스팅도 눈여겨볼 일이다. 소매치기 업계의 전설적인 대모 강만옥 역에는 중견 연기자 김해숙이, 심지호는 오랜 시간 백장미를 짝사랑한 보디가드 최성수 역에 캐스팅됐다.

Guest TY_KSW

I m happy to see her back in movie..

actualy i prefer her in movie to drama !

after 2years from April Snow !

Good new script ! Aja ! :lol:

Guest kdramafanusa

Another picture of actor Kim Myung Min & actress Son Ye Jin.

12472_1.jpg

^ The 43rd Baeksang Arts Awards: Best TV Actor (Kim Myung Min for White Tower) & Best TV Actress (Son Ye Jin for Alone in Love)

/ Image from Innolife

Son Ye Jin's Page @Yahoo

Not so sure if this guy is her man in "Open City" but he looks so hot.

'무방비도시' 손예진의 보디가드로 ‘심지호’ 합류

20070724153535298b3_153535_0.jpg

[뉴스와이어] 2007년 07월 24일(화) 오후 03:35 가 가| 이메일| 프린트 (서울=뉴스와이어) 김명민, 손예진 등 화려한 주연 캐스팅과 함께 탄탄한 시나리오로 화제의 중심에 서고 있는 영화 <무방비도시>(제공: (주)디씨지 플러스 / 제작: (주)쌈지 아이비젼영상사업단 / 감독: 이상기)에서 손예진의 보디가드 역에 ‘심지호’가 캐스팅 되었다.

영화 <무방비도시>에서 강한 남성적 이미지로 변신하는 매력남 심지호!

TV 시리즈 <학교>를 시작으로, 드라마와 영화 등에서 완소한 미소년 이미지를 연기했던 배우 심지호가 영화 <무방비도시>에서 지금까지와는 전혀 다른 남성미 넘치는 악역 연기로 돌아오게 되어 화제를 낳고 있다.

심지호가 맡게 될 역할은 손예진이 연기하는 국제적인 소매치기 조직의 리더 백장미의 오른팔이자 보디가드인 잔인하고 냉혹한 캐릭터 최성수. 조폭 출신으로 날렵한 몸놀림과 현란한 칼 솜씨 등으로 백장미에게 두터운 신임을 받게 된 최성수는 백장미를 사랑하지만, 자신과 같은 마음으로 바라봐주지 않는 백장미에게 늘 소외 당해 가슴 아파하는 여린 내면도 지닌 인물이다.

최성수 역을 맡아 손예진이 연기하는 백장미와 함께 소매치기 조직 ‘삼성파’의 한 축을 담당하게 될 심지호는 기존의 조폭 출신이나, 힘 잘 쓰는 캐릭터들이 단지 덩치만 크고 힘으로만 밀어 부쳤던 것에서 벗어나 날렵하고 샤프한 이미지를 가진 조폭 캐릭터로 새로운 시도와 도전을 보여줄 예정이다. 특히 심지호는 그 동안 잡지 촬영 등을 통해 운동으로 다져진 근육질 몸매를 선보이는 등 외모와 체격에 있어서도 최성수에 딱 맞는 맞춤형 캐스팅으로 주목을 받고 있다. 최성수의 강하고 남성적인 이미지와 거친 액션에 반해 출연을 결정했다는 심지호는 현재 크랭크인을 앞두고 열정적으로 다른 배우들과 함께 액션 트레이닝에 임하며 대역 없이 모든 액션 장면을 촬영하기 위해 구슬땀을 흘리고 있다.

그 동안 <학교>, <이별에 대처하는 우리의 자세> 등에서의 미소년 이미지뿐 아니라 영화 <녹색의자> 등에서 뛰어난 연기력을 선보이며 연기파 배우로서의 이미지를 강하게 남긴 바 있는 심지호가 영화 <무방비도시>를 통해 거친 남성적 이미지의 캐릭터를 어떻게 펼쳐 보일지 더욱 기대되고 있다.

김명민과 손예진, 김해숙 등 합류하는 배우들마다 특별한 연기 변신으로 화제가 되고 있는 영화 <무방비도시>는 오는 7월 25일 크랭크인하여 2007년 12월, 관객들과 극장에서 만나게 될 예정이다.

• 2 weeks later...
No way.......... I'm glad to see her back on the set but I really want her to do a drama again... It's been a long time since she's done a drama. I'll be keeping an eye out for this movie.
want her more in e drama too!atleast i can catch sight uv Yejin long-lasting...
[OPEN CITY] - BTS & INTERVIEWS WITH SON YE JIN.img] open_city.jpg CLICK HERE to see clip online (Diodeo). Just finished the screen caps. Enjoy!!!img] open_city_2007.jpg
thanks SG! juz carry on gal!bring more SYJ goodies.... more SYJ love....

wow, i just saw that interview and photoshoot... she was able to cry that fast...

thanks so much for the infos and pics about this coming movie. im really anxious to see Son Ye Jin on a new perspective, either movie or drama...

and now, so anticipating for december to come... O____o

thankz so much u guys fo' comin to see de thread

and anticipatin SYJ's latest movie wif actor Kim Myung Min!

bring on Open City!!!!! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some more Open City pics

OCphotoshoot3.jpg

OCphotoshoot4.jpg

OCphotoshoot5.jpg

From krfilm.net

credit LonelyStarTV @ SYJ thread

Archived