Daniel Henney 다니엘 헤니

Guest Born: 1985

class="title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-size: 20px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 40px 0px 0px; color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue Light', HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; width: 670px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"Daniel Henney 1st Look 

001_zpsd1d81420.jpg
008_zps471f6023.jpg
003_zps0fd8717a.jpg

more.. http://sunshineemine.blogspot.com.tr

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

December 21, 2014

image 21 Gorgeous Asian Men Guaranteed To Make You Thirsty
Javier Moreno BuzzFeed Staff // OSEN     

1. K-pop star T.O.P. and his luscious brown and blonde locks .

2. Godfrey Gao who will always have a place in our hearts.

3. Hrithik Roshan, who looks utterly amazing in both a suit, and of course shirtless.

4. Harry Shum Jr. who is nothing short of magnificent..

5. The smooth and oh so powerful Jason Chee.

6. Delctable man hunk Hideo Muraoka.

7. Vidyut Jamwal the Bolloywood action star that is both stalely and stylish.

8. Piolo Pascual whose looks could quite possibly kill.

9. The perpetually smooth Sendhil Ramamurthy.

10. The gorgeous gang of men that make up 2PM.

11. Rick Yune who can only be described as magnificent.

12. Will Yun Lee who can melt your heart with one look.

13. Model Juan Paolo Roldan who thankfully is allergic to shirts.

14. Daniel Henney who is always dashing……no matter what he’s wearing.

15. The amazing specimen that is Byung-hun.

16. Scott Neslage who can make literally anything look good.

17. Sexy Japanese soccer player Hidetoshi Nakata.

18. Classically handsome actor and director Eugene Lee Yang of BuzzFeed.

19. Won Bin who is sinfully seductive.

20. The god that is Arjun Rampal.

21. And of course model Daniel Liu who is deliciously delectable.

enhanced-12048-1419113484-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

class="title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-size: 20px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 40px 0px 0px; color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue Light', HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; width: 670px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"Daniel Henney Disney animation Movie "Big Hero 'press conference 14 January 2015 

201501141123778561_54b5d3fed24ba.jpg
201501141129571810_1.jpg
2015011411413739813_1.jpg
more..http://sunshineemine.blogspot.com.tr

• 2 months later...

February 28, 2015

Daniel Henney Talks About ‘Big Hero 6’ And His Upcoming American TV Show [Exclusive Interview]

BY Adrienne Stanley | KDramaStars.com 

daniel-henney-provided-the-voice-acting-

(Photo : Walt Disney Pictures )

Daniel Henney has an extensive acting career which originated in Korea when he captivated audiences as Dr. Henry Kim in “My Lovely Sam Soon.” Henney provided the voice for Tadashi Hamada in the Walt Disney Pictures animated film, “Big Hero 6.”The film has received numerous honors since its U.S. theatrical release in November 2014, including the Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film and the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. KDramastars spoke to the actor during a phone interview where he talked about his voice role in “Big Hero 6,” and his experiences as an Asian American star in Hollywood.
He is a lifelong Disney fan who enthusiastically joined the cast of “Big Hero 6” voice actors which included Ryan Potter, Jamie Chung, T.J. Miller, and Damon Wayans Jr. Henney passionately expressed his joy over the project, “To have the opportunity to participate in the 54th animated film from Disney was a huge blessing for me. I did not realize that it was going to be such as special film.”
The animated film has received strong support from the Asian American and Asian communities abroad, for its nuanced portrayal of characters like Tadashi and Hiro Hamada. While the 1998 animated feature “Mulan” emphasized Chinese culture, “Big Hero 6” provides an Asian American perspective through its plot and setting in the futuristic city of San Fransokyo. Henney weighed in on these themes and the impact the film has had on Hollywood, “There were a lot of themes in the film that I was proud to be a part of. The Asian theme and its prevalence in the movie, I think it was a first. It was a point of pride for me to see that this was film that could open doors and could move us forward.”
“Big Hero 6” premiered amidst increased interest from Hollywood in the Asian community. While the ABC romantic comedy “Selfie” failed to attract ratings, the network has experienced success with the family series “Fresh Off The Boat.” The Korean-American actor reflected on the increased opportunities have emerged within Hollywood. He stated, “Everything is becoming more globalized. The movie business and the TV industry is changing. There is a huge Asian presence in the United States. People are now realizing that. With movies like “Big Hero 6,” even though it is animated, doors are opening.”
He continued to explore the issue, “These projects wouldn’t have been there, years ago. There are so many doors that are opening now. I think that its a natural progression. I think it is important for us, as Asian Americans and Asians, to make sure we are ready.” 

daniel-henney-provided-the-voice-acting-

Henney thought that the filming experience was a liberating one, as compared to scripted live-action projects. His Korean movie roles have included the 2006 romantic comedy “Seducing Mr. Perfect” and the 2013 espionage comedy, “The Spy: Undercover Operations.” The opportunity to make his Hollywood debut came through a role in the 2009 action film “X Men Origins: Wolverine.” He previously provided voice acting for smaller roles in Korea but had never contributed to a large-scale animated film. 

daniel-henney-provided-the-voice-for-tad

He explained the process behind his “Big Hero 6” role, “There really is no script when you are doing an animated movies. There is a basic layout, there’s a storyboard. The producers and the directors know where the movie is going. Every time you go in [as a voice actor], you get different pages. I hadn’t seen the movie in its entirety until after I had finished. So, I was super excited when I watched it.”
His enthusiasm about the film came through when he began to explore in role in-depth. He stated, “Every time I would go in, I would let loose. Playing a guy like Tadashi, who was neat, pure and such a good young man, made me a better person. I was very proud of the experience.”
“Big Hero 6” received strong support from fans throughout the world but Henney was touched by the warm reception of audiences in Korea. The film faced stiff competition when it debuted in Korea, facing off against the colossal domestic film “Ode to My Father” and the Lee Min Ho crime flick “Gangnam 1970.” Henney spoke about the fierce competition the filmed faced and his Korean promotional activities, “I went with producers to Korea, to promote the film. The response was absolutely incredible. By the second week, we were the biggest film in Korea. We held the top spot for awhile, which is not easy to do.”
He continued to addressed the film industry in Korea, “What I love about Korea, is that they love their Korean movies. They love to watch their dramas and their movies. For ‘Big Hero’ to come in and do as well as it did was pretty special. Around the world, the response has been incredible. It feels good.”
While he continues to maintain strong ties with Korea and its entertainment industry, his next project will be aimed at American audiences. He explained, “I am starting a TV show, here in the States. It’s important for me, if we shoot for a show for six or seven months, to leave the latter months aside for a project in Korea. I am always looking for the right one. I don’t ever want to do something just for the sake of doing it.”
Korea served as the launching pad for his acting career, the significance of which is not lost on Henney. His fondness for the nation is expressed through his time spent in the country, when he is not filming in the United States. He continued to speak about the Korean entertainment industry and his pursuit of quality projects, “For all the great dramas that come out of Korea and all the great movies, there are tons that don’t make an impact. I want to make sure that the one that I do is a good project. It is important to me and I want to do something soon, in Korea. It is a very special place to work, I owe everything to the country.”
His parting message for his fans emphasized the importance of supporting Korean and other Asian actors of other nationalities. He said, “For all of you who are lovers of K-Drama, movies, and Korean actors: Keep supporting us. Give constructive criticism but we appreciate your support. At the end of the day, we are all trying to fight the same fight and hustle for new work. We love your support; we read what you have to say and we see it. We are very proud to be doing as well as we are now.”
The accomplished actor then provided information about his upcoming American television program, which is a spin-off of the CBS crime procedural drama “Criminal Minds.” He enthusiastically spoke about his role on the show, “My next project in the United States is a ‘Criminal Minds’ spin-off with Gary Sinise. For the first time, I’m getting to play the American stud, which is a pretty big step forward for Asian Americans. My character is a married father who has served two tours of duty in Afghanistan. This type of role has never been done by an Asian American. I am hoping you guys and support that. I am looking forward to seeing what will happen.”
Daniel Henney has experienced many triumphs since his career began with “My Lovely Sam Soon.” He continues to serve as a bridge between the entertainment industries in Hollywood and Korea. As more roles for Asian and Asian American actors are created, the untold stories of countless people will be explored.
Criminal Minds” is currently in development but KDramastars will continue to track the progress of the series. “Big Hero 6” is currently available on Blu-Ray and Disney Movies Anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG OMG! I love criminal minds.
and 
I love korean dramas. I first saw Daniel Henney in Seducing Mr.Perfect and then in Kim Sam Soon. I was wondering where he was... 
As usual I was watching criminal minds every week and then I see this trailer of a spin off and Whoa, Danniel Henney is there. I thought I went crazy. My fav show meeting one of my fav star :P ... What a small world :P

• 5 months later...

September 22, 2015

Daniel Henney Discloses Behind Cuts of ‘Criminal Minds – Beyond Borders’

Source: BNTNews

nkzh9f5596k5mnf8esznn6mc74o1ax6o.png

[by Woorim Ahn] Actor Daniel Henney disclosed behind-the-scene cuts of American drama ‘Criminal Minds – Beyond Borders’. 

In April 2015, he appeared in the 19th episode of ‘Criminal Minds’ and left a strong impression to the mass public. As he was chosen as the main role of the drama’s spin-off program ‘Criminal Minds – Beyond Borders’, he caught the world’s attention. 

Daniel Henney seemed to enjoy the filming in the photos. He hung out together with his team members such as Gary Sinise, he didn’t get tired although he stayed all night long, and he read his script thoroughly with his dog Mango. The pictures aroused his fans’ curiosity about the drama’s story and his role in it. 

Meanwhile, ‘Criminal Minds – Beyond Borders’ is a spin-off version of ‘Criminal Minds’ and its first episode will be aired in 2016. (photo by Daniel Henney Instagram)

• 2 weeks later...

October 6, 2015

Daniel Henney sends out love for animals

(Instagram)

Actor Daniel Henney uploaded a picture of himself with a dog, together with another photo of him appearing in a PETA campaign poster in China, on his Instagram. 

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals campaigns for animal rights and the protection of animals. 

Previously, Henney has participated in a variety of animal protection campaigns including a photo shoot for helping abandoned dogs. 

His long-held title as a gentleman seems to be just right for him as he gives out a sense of warmth.

Currently, he is working as a muse for various clothing brands and is also shooting for the U.S.’ new spin-off TV crime drama “Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders” in a lead role. 

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

• 1 month later...

November 23, 2015

Daniel Henney returns to small screen

Source: The Korea Times

henney1_450.jpg
Daniel Henney /Screen capture from Facebook

Actor Daniel Hanney will return to the small screen for the first time in five years in a TV drama, "Goodbye Mr. Black."

Henney will play Kim Ji-ryun, leader of an NGO and advisor to an investment trust company. The drama is about a naval officer betrayed by a close friend. Actor Lee Jin-wook will play the naval officer Cha Ji-won, and actress Moon Chae-won will play Swan who is in a contract marriage with Cha.

The drama is a long-awaited return to the small screen for Henney, as his last TV drama role was "The Fugitive: Plan B" in 2010.

Since first debuting in the wildly popular drama "My Lovely Samsoon," Henney has branched out to Hollywood. He starred in "X-Men Origins: Wolverines" and the American CBS drama "Three Rivers." He has also been shooting the American drama "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders."

The drama "Goodbye Mr. Black," based on a comic book written by Hwang Mi-na, will air in March 2016 on MBC.

ejb@koreatimes.co.kr

• 3 months later...

March 16, 2016

Daniel Henney to star in U.S. series

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

15210906.jpg

An American drama starring Korean-American actor Daniel Henney will start airing Wednesday on CBS in the United States, the actor’s agency said. 

The “Criminal Minds” spin-off, “Criminal Minds Beyond Borders,” is an American police procedural series centering on FBI investigators, much like the original but taking place overseas. 

In the drama, the actor plays the lead role, Matthew “Matt” Simmons, who is a responsible and charismatic FBI agent with an international background. His co-star Gary Sinise, known for playing Detective Mac Taylor on “CSI: NY,” will play his boss.

The agency also described Henney’s professional attitude during the shoot, which left a positive impression on the crew and spilled over into his character. 

The 36-year-old American celebrity has been a model in many Korean commercials and cast in a couple of Korean dramas, including “My Name is Kim Sam-soon” (2005) and “The Fugitive: Plan B” (2010). 

Since switching his focus to Hollywood, Henney has appeared in mainstream films like “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” (2009) and “The Last Stand” (2013).

By Jeong Byung-ki

• 2 months later...

May 20, 2016

Daniel Henney to star in season 2 of 'Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders'

AEN20160520001700315_01_i.jpg

SEOUL, May 20 (Yonhap) -- American actor Daniel Henney, who is of Korean and Irish descent, will continue into season two of the CBS TV series "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders," his management agency said Friday.

Henney will play FBI agent Matt Simon, as he did in the first season, Echo Global Group said.

The main cast of season one, including Gary Sinise, Alana de la Garza, Tyler James Williams and Annie Funke, will all carry over to the second season, which is scheduled to air in 2017.

The "Criminal Minds" spin-off premiered in March on CBS as the most watched TV series in its time slot.

Henney has also appeared in "Dear My Friends," an ongoing South Korean TV series broadcast on the cable channel tvN.

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

May 20, 2016

Daniel Henney to star in season 2 of 'Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders'

Source: The Korea Times

American actor Daniel Henney, who is of Korean and Irish descent, will continue into season two of the CBS TV series "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders," his management agency said Friday.

Henney will play FBI agent Matt Simon, as he did in the first season, Echo Global Group said.

The main cast of season one, including Gary Sinise, Alana de la Garza, Tyler James Williams and Annie Funke, will all carry over to the second season, which is scheduled to air in 2017.

The "Criminal Minds" spin-off premiered in March on CBS as the most watched TV series in its time slot.

Henney has also appeared in "Dear My Friends," an ongoing South Korean TV series broadcast on the cable channel tvN. (Yonhap)

May 21, 2016

Daniel Henney to continue on hit TV show

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

20195305.jpg

Actor Daniel Henney is set to appear on the second season of the drama series “Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders” in the role of Matthew Simmons, an agent of the FBI’s international unit. 

Along with Henney, other cast members from the first season such as Gary Sinise, Alana de la Garza and Annie Funke will join the second season, too. 

“Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders” on CBS centers on agents working for the FBI’s international unit, and the drama series reaped the highest viewership rating among all the shows aired during the same time slot from its very first episode. The second season is set to hit the air sometime in 2017. 

Henney rose to fame in 2005 upon his debut in Korea. He played the role of Henry Kim, a Korean-American adoptee, in the hit drama series “My Name is Kim Sam-soon.” 

Since then, Henney has been appearing in Korean dramas and films such as “The Fugitive: Plan B” (2010) and “Spring Waltz” (2006).
The actor also began to pursue a career outside Korea. 

The first role he landed in Hollywood was as Agent Zero in “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” in 2009. Most recently, Henney voiced Tadashi Hamada in the animated feature film “Big Hero 6” in 2014. 

Henney recently played a cameo role in the Friday-Saturday drama series “Dear My Friends” on tvN.

By Sung So-young 

• 6 months later...

December 9, 2016

Daniel Henney talks about his stunt scenes

(Arena Homme)

Men’s fashion magazine Arena Homme shared a preview of their recent pictorial with Korean-American actor Daniel Henney, Friday. 

Henney once again showed off his trademark gentle yet masculine charm in a movie still concept photoshoot. 

Following the photoshoot, Henney talked about his Hollywood TV series, “Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.” 

“It’s really fun. I can’t tell you details on the episode in Korea, but it’s set around my character,” he said. “It’s a case that happens when I visit my grandmother.” 

“This season it was a lot more fun and we went to more various locations like Korea, Taiwan, Bangladesh, Italy, Tanzania, Jamaica, etc.” said Henney. 

(Arena Homme)

He also opened up on his action and stunt scenes. “Physically its very demanding and hard. Gary Sinise always makes fun of me for being the last one off the film set. Action scenes really take a long time. That’s why I end up staying until the end.” 

“In season 1, we didn’t even have time to rehearse the action scenes so we were unprepared and I got hurt a lot. This season I told the producers to give me more time, so now I practice the day before the scene,” said Henney.

Season two of “Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders” is set to air in March 2017. 

(Arena Homme)

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

December 14, 2016

Daniel Henney Films I Live Alone From The US

Source: BNTNews

70gurl4mf9oz9awchsvm9vwwquy8lgyh.jpg

[by Ent Team] Daniel Henney joins ‘I Live Alone’. 

On December 13, Daniel Henney’s agency ECHO GLOBAL GROUP revealed that the actor will be part of MBC’s popular show ‘I Live Alone’. 

The staff of ‘I Live Alone’ said that they were able to follow Henney’s personal life in the US – he is currently working on CBS’s Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders – gathering all the information into two episodes only. 

In ‘I Live Alone’, Henney will disclose his house for the first time. His bachelor life alongside his faithful comrade, who is as famous as him, Mango, will be available to the public. But the more exciting part is that he was able to take the cameras of ‘I Live Alone’ on the filming set of Criminal Minds, for an insider look into of the most famous shows. He is currently shooting season 2, but Daniel Henney is already a regular. 

His agency said, “After filming ‘Dear My Friends’ last May, Daniel Henney wanted to meet his Korean fans one last time before the year ends thus he decided to film ‘I Live Alone’. You will be able to not only see the filming set of worldwide famous TV show ‘Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders’ but also to discover the single life of Henney and Mango.”

Meanwhile, Daniel Henney’s single life in ‘I Live Alone’ will air on December 16 and 23. (photo by Daniel Henney’s Instagram)

• 6 months later...

June 22, 2017

Daniel Henney joins cast of ‘Criminal Minds’

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAngDaily

21203633.jpg

Korean-American actor Daniel Henney has officially been cast for the 13th season of the CBS series “Criminal Minds.”

The American broadcaster announced the decision yesterday.

“Criminal Minds” is an international hit crime series that kicked off in 2005 that centers around an elite squad of FBI agents who investigate and analyze criminals to anticipate their next move. 

Henney will continue playing Special Agent Matt Simmons, whom he played in the spinoff series “Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders,” which was recently canceled after two seasons. 

The upcoming season is set to air its first episode on September 27.

Henney has featured in movies “Big Hero 6,” (2014) “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” (2009) and TV series “NCIS: Los Angeles.” (2014)

In Korea, he starred in the in much loved dramas “My Lovely Sam Soon,” (2005) “Seducing Mr. Perfect” (2006) and the 2007 movie “My Father.” 

By Kim Jung-kyoon

Archived