[drama 2007] Yi San - King Jeong-jo [이산 - 정조대왕]

Guest dramaok

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovejyk

%7Boption%7D00806099_2.jpg%7Boption%7D

here is the cutie that played YS as a child.

I think what is SO adorable about this child is that he can totally pass off as the younger version of Lee Seo Jin (YS).

Like the little girl who played the younger version of Han Ji Min (SY) doesn't really look like her... but I know you can't be picky with this kind of stuff but yeah :)

Guest mily2

yisansub2jb2.jpg

Episode 74* ental*

Main Translator: MrsKorea

Timer & Editor: MrsKorea

Special Thanks to: Suz07

Coordinator: mily2

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

Please help keep fansubbing alive by NOT hardsubbing and distributing any video file using our softsubs on ANY STREAMING sites/websites/

forums/newsgroups and online hosting services (such as clubbox, megaupload, sendspace, yousendit, mediafire, etc.) Many thanks in advance :)

PS: Please continue to support fansubbers and abide by our rules. Once again..please DO NOT HARDSUB & UPLOAD OUR SUBS.!!

There is a 1 episode extension for Yi San. It will end at episode 77 and not 76 as planned.

Guest maneuneun

If anyone is still wondering who's that little boy, the answer is out now :lol:

20080606083105_539_0.jpg

20080606083204_756_0.jpg

which means they will show the last concubine too :huh:

Guest CookieDo

I think what is SO adorable about this child is that he can totally pass off as the younger version of Lee Seo Jin (YS).

Like the little girl who played the younger version of Han Ji Min (SY) doesn't really look like her... but I know you can't be picky with this kind of stuff but yeah :)

I agree...I rarely see the child version looking so much like the adult one....he even has the dimples too :blush:

Thank you MrsKorea, Mily2 and Suz07 for the subs....I'm going to watch it now

I'm still waiting a kind soul to provide the shinhwa links for 1-35 and 74 - .....please please please

Guest lovejyk

Oh wow. Already jumped into the outfit of the king...

:(

So this means they will definitely, definitely show YS dying?

Guest CookieDo

Oh wow. Already jumped into the outfit of the king...

:(

So this means they will definitely, definitely show YS dying?

:o I didn't realize that about his robe...

Thank you MrsKorea, Mily2 and Suz07 for the subs ... I have watched it .... I cried again like a baby :tears: ....

do you know I haven't watch ep 73 with subs yet ... I haven't the courage to watch it I cried soo much without the subs what will happen with sub ....

It is a very nice drama I like it sooo much ... I'll be sad when it will finish

Guest souichi

:o I didn't realize that about his robe...

It's not exactly the correct robe, but apparently, like many people in this forum, somebody in wardrobe decided that the correct robe color did not suit LSJ's complexion, so they changed it to the darker color. My guess is that they kept that color for Sunjo for continuity sake (it looks to me that in that publicity photo they have "dummied up" that robe, it's not a completed costume - so it might be different in the episode). King Yeongjo wore the correct robe, and it suited him very well, I think. In that robe, Lee Soon Jae was the exact image of the famous portrait of Yeongjo (done, I believe, for his 50th birthday).

As I think I mentioned before, the minister's red robes were a subtle way of mocking the kings authority which was tolerated in Korea, but would have been a capital offense in China during the Ming Dynasty. They should all have worn blue, since Korea was "The Eastern Kingdom" and blue is the color of the Eastern direction in the Confucian cosmology. Given that, Secretary Hong should not be wearing red, but in his case, it suits him much better than blue, so it's another small concession to art.

Guest mily2

yisansub2jb2.jpg

Episode 75* ental*

Main Translator: MrsKorea

Timer & Editor: MrsKorea

Special Thanks to: Suz07

Coordinator: mily2

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

Please help keep fansubbing alive by NOT hardsubbing and distributing any video file using our softsubs on ANY STREAMING sites/websites/

forums/newsgroups and online hosting services (such as clubbox, megaupload, sendspace, yousendit, mediafire, etc.) Many thanks in advance :)

PS: Please continue to support fansubbers and abide by our rules. Once again..please DO NOT HARDSUB & UPLOAD OUR SUBS.!!

There is a 1 episode extension for Yi San. It will end at episode 77 and not 76 as planned.

Guest souichi

Yikes, you guys are SO fast!! Thanks to everyone at WITHS2... Not just for Yi San, but for all the great shows you've done!!

Hey, I just thought of this:

One of the great milestones of fansubbing, the 200 episodes of Sailor Moon done by VKLL, was recently surpassed by Kaizoku Fansubs, who have subbed ~250 episodes of One Piece. However, your total number of minutes subbed on this project, as of episode 75, exceeds VKLL's record by about an hour, making you the second team to break the single project record held for 10 years by VKLL! Since K-F is a large team that changes over time, you actually hold the *real* record (VKLL was a single individual) for a single ongoing project.

I can only say that they chose the child cast well. I enjoyed thoroughly the earlier episodes of him playing the young YS. He has such a deep voice for his age. Hehe...as if I knew how old he is. :unsure:

Wondering how LSJ looked like when he was young? Anyone care to do a comparison of the two?

Thanks for the updated pics maneuneun.

Souichi, I thought the colour of the robes worn by the ministers were rankings. Red depicts the highest ranking, than Green and the lowest is blue. Aren't they? :unsure:

Yellow is the King's colour.

Guest panic07

PARK JI BIN IS A GREAT ACTOR FOR HIS AGE AND SO ADORABLE TOO.... I AGREE, THEY DID PICK THE RIGHT ACTOR TO PLAY THE YOUNG YI SAN COZ HE LOOKS REALLY SIMIAR TO LSJ

I can only say that they chose the child cast well. I enjoyed thoroughly the earlier episodes of him playing the young YS. He has such a deep voice for his age. Hehe...as if I knew how old he is. :unsure:

Wondering how LSJ looked like when he was young? Anyone care to do a comparison of the two?

Thanks for the updated pics maneuneun.

Souichi, I thought the colour of the robes worn by the ministers were rankings. Red depicts the highest ranking, than Green and the lowest is blue. Aren't they? :unsure:

Yellow is the King's colour.

It's red, blue, then green. If you notice in the show, Hong Gook-young stared out wearing a green robe, then when he was promoted he went up to blue. It's the same for what's his face, the new guy.

As for yellow, I think you mean gold, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't until after Korea declared itself an empire rather than be a part of China. Kings wore red beforehand in order to show that they were subordinate to the Chinese emperor.

As for the child actor who played young Yi San, I think he's an amazingly brilliant actor for a child. Plus he has those cute little dimples, but I wasn't 100% completely sold simply because his complexion is a bit darker compared to LSJ. LSJ is really pale compared to him. But I guess you could just "blame" that for years of being locked up inside the palace. No tan :lol:

Archived