[drama 2007] I Hate You, But It's Fine 미우나 고우나

Guest shorty_babygurl03

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest uni33

Uni33 ssi

thank you very much :), you did a great job to post the finale summary, look forward to seeing you again in other new forum.

Thank you! I'm glad I could help. It's so sad the drama is over, it's kind of like the end of sleep away camp or something. You meet all these new people and bond with them and then camp is over and you're not sure if you'll ever see them again. Anyway, hope I run into you all in another forum.

Guest b00kw0rm

Then your only option is to watch TV shows based on books or real life events since those have a concrete storyline or not watch at all. No show tells the story EXACTLY the way the synopsis describes it since the scripts for the entire series usually aren't all written ahead of time before they start filming. This is especially the case for Korean dramas (daily dramas at that) which usually only film 2 weeks ahead of airdate and change the storylines (and extend/shorten the series) based on viewer response and ratings. Besides, this is a DAILY drama which are mostly family dramas, it was bound to have a cheesy ending. I would have been shocked if it didn't.

I may be mistaken but I think, Pint0 that your idea of 'drama' is based on western entertainment. The plot there does follow the synoposis. Think of k-dramas more like soap operas, then you know the storyline would depend a lot on viewer response and ratings. Even shows based on real life events like the recently concluded DJY and on-going King Sejong have storylines that well, bend history and sometimes bogger the imagination!

Guest thekfc

Although I seldom post, i visit the site regularly to get updates and such.

I would like to thank everyone for their summaries, translations & such.

I just finished watching the final 2 episodes on Veoh with a printout of the summ/trans in hand.

I may be in the minority here but I do like the SJ character. I do agree that the writers could have done a little better but.....as viewers, we are not always that lucky & the writers often do get us mad.

I did get teary eyed :tears: when SJ & SA first saw each other after 2 years. Ok, I am a sentimental guy. :blush:

Once again - Thanks to everyone & I will be reading your summaries, translations views, opinions & such on the next drama. See u all on the next thread.

Guest polaris

Why did they make Su Ah go to Sun Jae and suggest that they start over again??????????

Isnt it suppose to be the other way round?? It seemed that Su ah was always the one pleading and begging to Sun Jae. He should be the one on his knees begging her forgiveness and the crappy HORRIFIC way he treated her while they were married.

Also, why the heck did they make SunJae smile so much while lifting boxes of tomatoes..

That is so unrealistic.

I mean come on... Who in the world would be smiling like a Baffoon while doing grocery work?

Oh..and why the heck does JY still look longingly at SJ even after she's pregnant... maybe she cant help it because that's her face, but I can't get myself to like her. It seems like WJ is second choice in her heart. If I were WJ I would have long kicked her to the curb.

Also...I wonder if the granny told everyone the results of the test.

I wanted to hear Su Ah call Baek Ho Oppa once... but it didnt happen =(

The last episodes were rush rush to finish and close up everything, but OVERALL this was an excellent family drama and I'm going to miss it very very much.

Guest thekfc

Why did they make Su Ah go to Sun Jae and suggest that they start over again??????????

Isnt it suppose to be the other way round?? It seemed that Su ah was always the one pleading and begging to Sun Jae. He should be the one on his knees begging her forgiveness and the crappy HORRIFIC way he treated her while they were married.

Also, why the heck did they make SunJae smile so much while lifting boxes of tomatoes..

That is so unrealistic.

I mean come on... Who in the world would be smiling like a Baffoon while doing grocery work?

Oh..and why the heck does JY still look longingly at SJ even after she's pregnant... maybe she cant help it because that's her face, but I can't get myself to like her. It seems like WJ is second choice in her heart. If I were WJ I would have long kicked her to the curb.

Also...I wonder if the granny told everyone the results of the test.

I wanted to hear Su Ah call Baek Ho Oppa once... but it didnt happen =(

The last episodes were rush rush to finish and close up everything, but OVERALL this was an excellent family drama and I'm going to miss it very very much.

I do agree that SJ is that the matter between SJ & SA should have been the other way around....

For her suggesting that they start over - maybe she have something plan for him in the future - revenge? maybe she realized the way she was acting/behaving & wanted to.... well we may never know.

Maybe he is smiling because he is enjoying life & thanking the lord because alot worst could have happened to him.

The writers did rush to put a closure - they could have easily extended it a couple of episodes - The show had very good ratings & reviews.

Sometimes writers do let us down or sometimes do something we were not expecting or wanted. :unsure:

from the news thread

May 3, 2008

"Likable Or Not" is #1 KBS1 Daily Drama Since 2000

2008050309570864581_1.jpg

According to AGB Nielson Media Research, the final episode of KBS 1TV drama "Likable Or Not" (also known as "I Hate You But It's Fine") got 44.2% ratings on May 2nd. On air since last September, the 172-episode drama averaged 35.4% (nationwide); its average is the highest among KBS 1TV's daily dramas since 2000.

TOP KBS1 DAILY DRAMAS SINCE 2000

RANK / DRAMA / YEAR / NATIONWIDE AVERAGE RATING

1. Likable Or Not <미우나 고우나> (2007) - 35.4%

[2007.09.03 ~ 2008.05.02]

2. High As The Sky, Wide As The Earth <하늘만큼 땅만큼> (2007) - 29.8%

[2007.01.15 ~ 2007.08.31]

3. Pure 19 <미우나 고우나> (2006) - 29.6%

[2006.05.22 ~ 2007.01.12]

4. Can't Help Liking You <좋은걸 어떡해> (2000) - 27.8%

(followed by)

Peculiar Man, Peculiar Woman / Bizarre Bunch <별난여자 별난 남자> (2005)

[2005.09.26 ~ 2006.05.19]

One Million Roses / The Million Blossom Of Roses <백만송이 장미> (2003)

[2003.10.06 ~ 2004.06.04]

This Is Love <사랑은 이런거야> (2001)

[2001.12.12 ~ 2002.08.08]

My Precious Child / My Lovely Family <금쪽 같은 내새끼> (2004)

[2004.06.07 ~ 2005.02.11]

Yellow Handkerchief <노란 손수건> (2003)

[2003.01.03 ~ 2003.10.03]

Source: Starnews 2008-05-03

Guest zaeya

Well we are at the end and here is my love/hate list:

Loved:

13Damifino

khai

bm05om

yc630621

Gerryg

Professor97

Mr & Mrs. Kuaisurfer

Cerise

Ke2

SillyYun

Dramaok

MarkieMark

Uni33

BH and DP in the beginning and in the dating stage

GT

Mansu

SJ(the actor because he was excellent and actually made you hate him and was believable as a villan)

Zaeya's humorous Karma interludes

Granny's sister wearing a G-Unit shirt. Wow the rapper 50 Cent in Korea who knew!

WJ

Hated:

The show's ending

The unnecessary dragging out of the show

the uneventful paternity test

SJ and SA

SJ and SA getting back together

DH/Sonia/MA..why were they even there?

CHan(boy is it me or was he really whiny in an annoying way?)

Granny (but she is a great actress)

DJ and JY for being stepstools and not standing up for themselves

JS( i hope there isn't a mother that is this mentally retarded in real life)

THe fact that show focused solely on SJ after BH and DP wed

DJ getting prego (why? what was the point at 90 years old?)

Thank you, uni33! The ending was what I expected. I wouldn't have wanted the writers to extend a few more episodes. Korean dramas are mostly are forgiveness and repentence. Those that centred on revenge (like The Devil, Resurrection) mostly do not have good or happy endings for the avengers. Hope to see everyone again in the hit drama forum!

Guest comel_5

this is my first post here, but i'm always read this post. everyday when i i go home after work, first thing i do is to read this thread, but when this drama end, i'm gonna think what will i do after this :(. . thanks to everyone esp to the one who translate and give preview. hope to see u guys in another forum, even though i'm only a silence reader. :P

Guest bm05om

JY still makes me angry even at the end. :tongue2: She is obviously happy with Ujin. Yet, she sees SJ and gets all mushy faced. Give me a break, it's been two years already. I wouldn't be pulling my sweater to hide my pregnant belly, I would be sticking it out as far as it could go :lol::lol::lol:

Exactly!!

I think someone in KBS' upper management must like the actress who plays SA. I'm not saying casting couch or anything, but there is definitely a switcheroo of the lead actress in the last 20 episodes. I'll bet SA's screen time exceeded DP's.

At the very least it has to be the writers or the PD.. <_<

Have you notice, Baekho was the only one did not change his outfit from the office and to the birthday party! Another thing , Baekho has the same belt after 2 years... ;):lol: He was wearing it I guess more than 50% of the series! :o;)

:lol: keke..so true,I think it's actually his OWN belt and not from KBS wardrobe department..it's baffling that they let him wear it the ENTIRE time,what was his stylist thinking.. :rolleyes:

I mean I know that this drama was supposed to be all about "Forgiveness" but Forgiveness needs to be earned. <_<

The writers definately would have done better to have put more of the eps toward earning that forgiveness instead of just throwing all in at the last eps like everyone just woke up that day in a forgiving mood. <_<

Animefanzgirl,excellent points!

More photos from wrap-up party...KBS Daily Drama Likeable or Not 미우나 고우나 from Sept 3,2007 through May 2,2008...

07df6.jpg

121qi1.jpg

13ko4.jpg

02nu7.jpg

03xe0.jpg

04nw4.jpg

05uo8.jpg

06tq4.jpg

32qq9.jpg

26ds0.jpg

01jpgol0.jpg

30hg0.jpg

KJS and JDH looked rather wasted..lols.

24yq5.jpg

23ew6.jpg

28tk0.jpg

16dp2.jpg

15oe0.jpg

20ox2.jpg

21ie1.jpg

Guest bacaocao

Thank all of you for this kdrama . I have never missed any posts for this topic ,although my english isnot good enough. Once again thanks for translating anf uploading Eps

Guest reihei

Thank you all for your enthusiasm and input. The translations were God sends and the adlibs were hilarious. I hope to see you all in the next forum for the next drama. Praying that all is well with dramaok and kudos to those who stepped up to complete a job well done! CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE! ZAEYA thanks!

It’s indeed typical daily drama ending…happy ending for everyone. Although I hate ending coz it’s so lack of DanBaek moments but the most dislike is I’ll miss you all. This is a great, interesting, and nice thread. Formerly I just a silent reader coz I feel my english is not so good but...coz of this drama, I begin to post and I enjoy it. It's all coz you guys are great. :)

Never imagine… we’ve been together…sharing insights together…it already passed 200 pages. Oh gosh…I feel so sad this drama’s end. :tears:

Thanks to everyone, especially dramaok (although we still don’t know how’s she now, hope she's fine) and SillyYun…later to uni33, ChristyKim and beamonkr for the summaries.

bm for great caps and pics.

khai for cut scene video, I luv it.

cococrust for the uploads.

rafaelle, allydean, carmina, markiemark, gerryg, Mr & Mrs. Kauaisurfer, yc630621, professor97, hsl521, etc…etc…

and never forget...zaeya with “Karma”. Forgive me for not writing all, one by one but believe me…miss you all a lot. Hope to see you all on the next thread

Guest joannabk

Thanks to everyone for translations, links, pictures and discussion. I will miss this thread!

I was disappointed by the ending, too. So rushed! And I still didn't like SJ, though I think he was supposed to be smiling so much because that's how he used to be (in JY's flashbacks) before he got corrupted by greed. That's also why he's working with tomatoes. I, too, wonder if granny ever told anyone about the paternity test results. It would have been more meaningful if she said they were all her grandchildren and should stand around her if BH didn't turn out to be MS's son. But whatever, they're all smiling by the end and it was a great drama overall. :D

Guest Khai

Well we are at the end and here is my love/hate list:

Loved:

khai

Thanks for put me in love list...

Look like everyone start to saying goodbye to this thread... :tears:

Hope to see our DanBaek in any other drama... If they still got being cast together it would be greet...

Guest suri

It’s indeed typical daily drama ending…happy ending for everyone. Although I hate ending coz it’s so lack of DanBaek moments but the most dislike is I’ll miss you all. This is a great, interesting, and nice thread. Formerly I just a silent reader coz I feel my english is not so good but...coz of this drama, I begin to post and I enjoy it. It's all coz you guys are great. :)

Never imagine… we’ve been together…sharing insights together…it already passed 200 pages. Oh gosh…I feel so sad this drama’s end. :tears:

Thanks to everyone, especially dramaok (although we still don’t know how’s she now, hope she's fine) and SillyYun…later to uni33, ChristyKim and beamonkr for the summaries.

bm for great caps and pics.

khai for cut scene video, I luv it.

cococrust for the uploads.

rafaelle, allydean, carmina, markiemark, gerryg, Mr & Mrs. Kauaisurfer, yc630621, professor97, hsl521, etc…etc…

and never forget...zaeya with “Karma”. Forgive me for not writing all, one by one but believe me…miss you all a lot. Hope to see you all on the next thread

We are still on the dawn of DanBaek love here in Philly. But it is nice to see the drama has a happy ending.

Let me add my thanks to everyone who provided the summaries.

Does anyone know the name of the next drama?

Thanks!

Guest Animefanzgirl

Although I enjoyed this drama to some extent I can't say that it will be one of my faves (And I have watched A LOT of Kdramas). I think this could have been an Excellent drama but it fell flat to just be a decent/OK-watchable drama.

My main beefs with this drama:

1. It seriously dragged in the beginning.

2. Lots of useless characters...or characters that we never really cared about... No one really cared about Miae/Sonia/Bacon's uncle or Chan, then there's that lady that always hangs out with JY's family (she was just a waste of a character) the time used on her could have been better spent developing some of the other characters. Out of all these the only character that made any kind of sense was Miae because she was the one that would confront people and was partially town gossip to JY. Aside from her all those other characters could have been completely left out and we would never care. Along with the last girl hired into Team BJ foods..it was almost like they wanted to fill Bacon and the last girls place but they filled it with yet another useless character. These characters either had no point in the story or you just didn't care about them so could have done with out them all together. The time wasted on all of these characters could have seriously been better utilized on character growth of the main characters. <_<

3. No growth of characters...172 eps was enough time for characters to grow...all of them started one way and ended pretty much the same except they had an epiphany on the last eps. <_< .. Although SJ was the "hated" character I think he at least was able to show some change in his character. If we remember right at the beginning Sj started out as a very likable character...he was nice and caring to JY and he showed his dads principles when turning Sua down and returning the gifts his mom accepted....he changed due to his ambition...the drama did show that well and it did a decent (not perfect) job of showing his continued demise into the dark-side as he got badder and badder...unfortunately again they squeezed this too much into the end instead of it being a progression through the eps since he started at the co...then they dropped the ball turning him into his original nice guy at the end and it just seemed too unbelievable after working so hard and doing every thing he could through all that time for ambition to be so happy go lucky about delivering tomatoes. <_< ...that should have been another gradual progression back...at least within the last 10 eps or so not just in 1 eps... Sua never changed from being a brat who always had to have things her way...and there was never that sense that she started really caring for Bacon or his mom and then one day she just crys and calls her mom...the hope too was that she would go to Paris and live her life and change...but she came back and went straight back to SJ without having known if he had changed or not and then she takes him back after he tells her oh I can't afford to buy you anything nice on my salary...and she is OK with that...the spoiled brat Sua that was portrayed through the whole drama would not be OK with that... <_< ...NG (Nasty-Granny) just accepted people like that right at the end too...she never showed that progression of caring for them...Bacon's mom started out as a weak person and stayed the same though-out with glimpses here and there that she stood up for herself but these were few and far between and came across more like a moment of madness than anything else... JY same thing never grew always was a doormat and stayed that way right up to the end...we never saw her grow into a strong person who could stand-up for herself after going through so many hardships...which was what everyone wanted to see and this is what USUALLY happens with the meek characters in Kdramas but not this one... <_< Bacon well Bacon was Bacon we didn't expect much from him...he was supposed to be the happy go lucky guy who tries his best whether he succeeds or not and tries to help everyone and be good to everyone and he was just that. Yes he was a goof that always looked like this-> :unsure: but he was a likable goof. :D

4.Writers confusion...the writers seemed extremely confused in this drama...they seemed to have a lot of good ideas (too many maybe) but testing them on the live drama wasn't exactly the best thing to do...I think this is why they had to introduce useless characters and such...and also why they had to revisit them in such a sordid mess at the end to finally clear them up...I mean bringing something up in say eps 20 and not revisiting the idea at all till about eps 120 does not exactly a cohesive drama make. <_<

5.finalizing EVERYTHING in the last eps...that whole sordid mash-up with everyone ending happily ever after and never having learned any real lessons...did not redeem this drama in the least. <_<

I have a question:

Do anyone think it was just plain ole mean that DJ never told MS & BH that they were father and son?

The more I think about it the more I come to the same conclusion ....

She was just as nasty and spiteful as granny but just didn't have the balls to fight granny on board so she did it undercover. I bet ever day when she laid down in that bed in that house she probably thought (smirked) to herself that the Bong family went through yet another day without an male heir.

Furthermore it was bad enough when granny wanted them to produce an heir just as they got married ... but to add another two years to that and allow her to get pregnant that's was simply ridiculuos. Quiet as it is kept the chances of producing a baby does not increase with 'old' age. This is not one of the things that get better as you get older. (I'm not talking about the s3x but the reproduction process).

So my bottom line is the writers totally lost me on liking DJ's character. I think she was a wet blanket with a cowardly mean streak in her.

Does anyone know the name of the next drama?

Thanks!

You are my Destiny

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=209106

Archived