[drama 2007] I Hate You, But It's Fine 미우나 고우나

Guest shorty_babygurl03

Guest Cerise

yup my typo. choi bong-soon is choi granny-witche's sister (most likely younger).

and btw for the new drama coming next, Lee Pil-Mo and Yoona will NOT be playing lovers.

Lee Pil-Mo's love interest has been cast by actress Kim Jeong-Nan [김정난].

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7523/20...45070721gq2.jpg

she appears on sbs friday night drama 'why did you come to my house' right now.

but ya like many of you i'll probably stop w/ daily drama for a while after this one.

it's such a waste of time. LOL.. but ya i know addictive.

What is it dramaok... two bad news already...

Now we want see granny witch get scold by the aunty. I think she'll be on DJ and BH's side though.

I was hoping you'll continue with you lovely summaries in the next drama as well. We're so addicted to daily drama and you made it very easy all these months. *hugs*

But, I think it's tiring to do in a daily basis, so I'm thankful. :wub: You stayed committed to this one 'till the end.

I hope that Mr. Na is not the one who ends up in the hospital when he finds out the entire truth about his son. For all of the lives that SJ seems to be destroying around him, at this stage of the game, I could care less if the writers make SJ admit to his wrong doings before the end of this drama. It just won't be worth it.

From what we see Mr. Bong most likely to be the one that will end up in the hospital. But I hope that Mr. Na stands firm and show that SJ the stars in broad day light. <_<

i'm kinda just starting this drama & it is really good. this drama has so many misunderstandings happening. i just saw ep23, BH is so funny when he is drunk. his character is so cheerful, he reminds me of the lead in When Spring Comes. SA is really unlikeable, is her character ever kind to anyone? the little kid Chan looks like one of those kids from Fantasy Couple. what other dramas has Sonia/Eva been in, does she have a drama wiki page?

thanks for all the summaries/translations, screen captures, and video.

SA is only sometimes sweet when she is with her mother-in-law. That's just because they're two faces of one coin. And Eva has never been in a drama before, she's one of the ladies in KBS's chit-chat with beautiful women. It's a talk show with foreign women living in Korea. KBS actually have these women appear/act in different drama too.

When a parent is too excessive in their life lesson such as not giving a child a lot of thing while trying to teach him 'you can't have everything in life' it doesn't make the child patient and wise rather it makes the child impatient and greedy the main ingredients to becoming a thief.

There should be balance in what we do. So instead of rejecting ALL gift GT should have been able to distinguish which gift were appropriate and chose wisely. Moreover, he should have taught his family how to have a discerning eye.

Oh well. let see how far this will play out. I wonder how much SJ's actions will impact his family.

I agree parents should have balance in everything while raising their children. But regardless, I don't see DP doing anything wrong. SJ is the problem now not his father. A father could be a criminal but then the son would turn out be a policeman, and vice versa.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest professor97

gerryg--ignore that one comment. I agree with you that when parents are too excessive they either have children like themselves or children directly opposite. Remember SJ told his father he didn't want to have his kind of life. It seems to me that the Na children are very different. DP is homorable like her father and SJ is just like his mother.

I hope SJ is the only one hurt this time--he's so creepy.

Guest damifino

When a parent is too excessive in their life lesson such as not giving a child a lot of thing while trying to teach him 'you can't have everything in life' it doesn't make the child patient and wise rather it makes the child impatient and greedy the main ingredients to becoming a thief.

There should be balance in what we do. So instead of rejecting ALL gift GT should have been able to distinguish which gift were appropriate and chose wisely. Moreover, he should have taught his family how to have a discerning eye.

Oh well. let see how far this will play out. I wonder how much SJ's actions will impact his family.

I don't see how wanting your children to work and earn their own way through life and having integrity is being too excessive in their life lesson. It's not as if Mr. Na forced his kids to pay for their own keep in their home by working while in elementary, high school school or even in college. It was only graduate work in getting an MBA abroad as a grown man of 26+ (after college then the army) that Mr. Na expected SJ to pay on his own. Also, Mr. Na doesn't have a fancy job that affords them tons of luxury like the Bong family, just comfortable enough to live by which is why SJ didn't get his studying abroad paid for by his father like SA, I don't see how that is too rigid a life lesson.

Mr. Na doesn't and hasn't rejected ALL gifts. He only rejects things that could be seen as bribery... fruit boxes with money, for instances, or things that are rare/expensive to get in Korea. He just doesn't allow Mrs. Na to accept every single thing that comes to them because A LOT of things come to him from folks who want favorable treatment. In the show, he told Mrs. Na to not accept anything because she doesn't seem to know the difference and that's not something you can teach a grown woman of 50+ if she hasn't learned by now. For himself, he goes through the gifts to see what is an appropriate level of gift as a thanks vs. what is inappropriate in those who are seeking favors. Also, limiting bribery is hardly something that is going to make your child a thief. It's not as if Mr. Na didn't allow SJ to receive birthday or Christmas gifts or anything like that.

As for how SJ's deeds will affect the Na family, there won't be any legal issues, just a blemish on the Na family name and shame for Mr. Na in his government job, I assume. The legal issues will more likely affect the Bong family.

Guest waterfall0004

gerryg--ignore that one comment. I agree with you that when parents are too excessive they either have children like themselves or children directly opposite. Remember SJ told his father he didn't want to have his kind of life. It seems to me that the Na children are very different. DP is homorable like her father and SJ is just like his mother.

After this drama, we will have new idiom. Like mother, like son :lol:

Thanks for all summaries and translation. Great job everyone. There was one time i used google translation tool to translate preview but God knows what it said :)

Guest joannabk

Thanks for all summaries and translation. Great job everyone. There was one time i used google translation tool to translate preview but God knows what it said :)

yeah, i tried once to use the google translator and it kept talking about a tiger...

Guest zaeya

To Koryo this is a friendly forum and it's okay to disagree with other members just please, and i am saying please not telling you, let's do it in a positive light. remember this is for fun and these are only people's opinion of characters on a show. no one is trying to tell people how to live. Plus we all want to get along.

Monalisa i said 6 episodes because it is already at 153 and if it goes to 168 like it was first mentioned or 175 it's typical KBS Drama style to go like 6 to 8 episodes in after a major crisis before the villan gets their due. This is going to be intersting but there are 4 villans in this show which i think is some kind of record. But i agree with you the writers are dragging this out a little too much.

Guest bm05om

but ya like many of you i'll probably stop w/ daily drama for a while after this one.

It is..so addictive,I havent watched that many daily dramas but I know if I became interested in something, then I cant run away from it.. :sweatingbullets:

But, I think it's tiring to do in a daily basis, so I'm thankful. :wub: You stayed committed to this one 'till the end.

I'm thankful too..actually I'm thankful for every other dramas that dramaok has contributed her summary works as well..thank you dramaok. :D

From what we see Mr. Bong most likely to be the one that will end up in the hospital. But I hope that Mr. Na stands firm and show that SJ the stars in broad day light. <_<

Speaking of hospitals,

there's confirmation that the MiGo team were filming at a hospital recently,so let's wait a few more days to know what further development will be happening as a result of the "hospital scene",,

:)

Ep.147 caps 3:

SJ and Mr. Park are faced w/ 2 challenges, budget change and resident protest. for now they blocked the newsreporter from writing anyhing. SJ says he's come forward to take care of things now.

bscap068resizept8.jpgbscap069resizejv4.jpg

bscap070resizear1.jpgbscap071resizehe3.jpg

bscap073resizexk7.jpgbscap074resizexi6.jpg

SA: why do you answer so late.

SJ: what is it?

SA: let's meet.

SJ: why?

SA: why? i'm your wife!

bscap075resizevz0.jpgbscap076resizebl2.jpg

SJ: i'm busy right now and i have an appointment?

SA: appointment w/ who where?

SJ: i'm hanging up if you have something to say tell me later at home.

SJ hangs up and takes out his battery. SA calls again and realizes his phone is off and SA tells her friend she wants to go dance but her friend says she should just go home today.

bscap077resizeqp7.jpgbscap078resizekj0.jpg

bscap079resizezo9.jpgbscap081resizeac7.jpg

then SA wonders if SJ might have gone to see JY again. so SA stalks JY outside the pet clinic.

SA watches as WJ comes to see JY.

bscap083resizeyk5.jpgbscap082resizede6.jpg

dad: did you come to see JY?

WJ: today.. i didn't feel like eating alone..

dad: oh ya? then come eat w/ us then.. let's go..

bscap085resizend3.jpgbscap086resizebg0.jpg

WJ: hey put your arm around mine too!

dad: yeah you should..

JY: fine.. i'm in the mood!

WJ: Ji-Yeong you know your bursting with fortune! to have 2 such good looking men around both your arms.

dad: right! haha..

JY: hahaha..

bscap087resizeiz2.jpgbscap090resizegw1.jpg

SA: "Bong Soo-Ah.. why are you like this? why did you come here? aren't you ashamed? have you no pride?"

SA calls her guy friend Yong-Joon next.

bscap091resizeso7.jpgbscap093resizeba5.jpg

bscap094resizedf0.jpgbscap095resizeaj9.jpg

========

Guest bm05om

Ep.147 caps 4:

WJ teaches Chanee to jump rope. JY watches and smiles.

bscap096resizegz7.jpgbscap097resizeue0.jpg

bscap098resizeyh2.jpgbscap099resizerj0.jpg

MA: Woo-Jin when you get married and have kids you'll be such a good dad!

bscap100resizewe3.jpgbscap102resizelc4.jpg

====

SA: thanks, Yong-Joon ssi.. bye... (sees SJ).. Yong-Joon ssi sorry but can you help me get out i feel kinda dizzy after the cocktail.

bscap103resizeky8.jpgbscap104resizeks9.jpg

bscap105resizexw5.jpgbscap107resizewe0.jpg

SJ: (sees SA w/ JY but walks right pass them)

bscap108resizeeo7.jpgbscap109resizepl8.jpg

SA: Na Seon-Jae ssi! omo!

bscap110resizesl3.jpgbscap111resizeeo0.jpg

SA: you don't even care now if i'm w/ another man?

SJ: keep it quiet.. they're asleep.

SA: what are we now? didn't you say you're gonna try hard? is this trying hard?

bscap112resizeiu2.jpgbscap113resizebz2.jpg

SJ: how about if we live apart for a while.. you can go live at your maiden home.. or you can go study more abroad.

SA: what.. you don't want to divorce but you don't want to live together either? sorry but i can't do that..

bscap114resizect2.jpgbscap116resizeqo6.jpg

SJ: then fine (leaves room)

bscap118resizexs1.jpgbscap120resizepw4.jpg

======

Yes, I only watch daily drama after it already 100+ episode airing... it really addicted. I really hate to wait and thinking what happen next and next and... Like MIGO too. i only watch when it 100+ episode air. For new daily drama maybe gonna do the same even i love the cast.

Hello,

I've read Dramaok's summary for episode 153, (thank you so much), and I have to ask this question. How will SJ's bribery affect Mr. Na's position? I find it very upsetting that his son, SJ, has not thought about the consequences of his actions where his father's position in the government is concerned,(forgive me for being so stupid, I know SJ is nothing but a selfish .......).

May i know what the sentence of bribery in korea?

About the hospital scene... if in case turn out that BH really MS son, I thought SJ gonna die from heart attack.

I really hope BH really MS son, cuz i really hate how grandma treat him... even he do 1000 kindest thing to grandma, she still will see that as the negative thing. That nothing work to change that old witch heart... maybe cuz it just really old!

Good reminder Zaeya ... we are here to share our views, to enjoy & be entertained. We can disagree on certain issues but that does not make us online foes. We can tease & be naughty but all done in the spirit of fun, so let's not be hypersensitive about words that do not intend to offend anyone ... ;) and chingu, I'm watching out for Karma's appearance. I'm sure it's a blast :w00t:

We have been blessed with a threadmate who has been working hard to make this forum very active ... thanks dramaok & though we'd like to interact with you again in the next drama, (one to replace Migo), we know it's tiring to do the daily translations. You've done a lot for this thread.

bm, I bet my ten cents worth that it's Mansu who will be the patient after the bribery is exposed. Mr. Na though overweight seems fit ... his job is less stressful & he goes by the books so not much tension compared to his ambitious son whose always edgy & can't even find time for a haircut & clean shave & is overworked.

Mr. Na is not just working for the government. It was mentioned he's a Vice-Minister, so SJ's evil deed will have a lot of negative impact on Mr. Na. He may even be pressured to resign. Even if he isn't forced to resign, he would lose face and respect.

Mr. Na did not commit any illegal act & his performance as a government official is above board, so he cannot be charged with corrruption. His son's corrupt business practice cannot be blamed on him ... so there's no reason for him to resign. And it can be proven upon investigation that he has nothing to do with the issuance of the construction permit which could be traced to the person bribed by SJ ... but SJ's shady deal could embarass him & bring shame to their family.

yeah, i tried once to use the google translator and it kept talking about a tiger...

I :lol: when I read this! I believe the tiger refers to Baek Ho's name, where the Ho is 'hu' in Chinese, meaning tiger. I'm not so sure about the Baek though; I think it means a hundred, as in 'bai'? Hmm, which leads me to the idea of virility...imagine, a hundred tigers! Hahaha, no wonder BH is great at that leery look! ;):sweatingbullets::w00t:

Guest kauaisurfer

----

I'm glad Pil-Mo next mate is closer to his age. I just really like the way this guy talks and look. I would hate to be distracted away from looking at him by such nonsense! He's so cute!

gerryg...As Always Well Said!

We both are also wondering the impact on SJ's family when his action are brought to light...especially his father. He is a man of integrity and in a sense "honor" and I think his son's actions will effect his career and his sense of failure as a parent.

...Both Mr & Mrs kauaisurfer...Are Proud to call gerryg...A Friend!

Guest Cerise

It is..so addictive,I havent watched that many daily dramas but I know if I became interested in something, then I cant run away from it.. :sweatingbullets:

I'm thankful too..actually I'm thankful for every other dramas that dramaok has contributed her summary works as well..thank you dramaok. :D

Me too.. even a little worst sometimes I would necessarily like the drama but still I'd watch it 'till the end. I have this bad habbit of needing to see/do things 'till the end. :blink:

dramaok :wub:

Speaking of hospitals,

there's confirmation that the MiGo team were filming at a hospital recently,so let's wait a few more days to know what further development will be happening as a result of the "hospital scene",,

:)

Where did you get these kinda news?

3 candidates to be the patients here... Mr Bong (I bet my last 2 cents on him, like Carmina :sweatingbullets: ), Mr Na (I hope not), and SJ with a fatal heart attack (as Khai and the rest of us are praying for).

Ohh Mr and Mrs kauaisurfer! I must say this, after DanBaek, reading Mr and Mrs kauaisurfer posts always make my heart warm. :wub:

I bet you're both the actual Danbaek...

Guest lildrummer

omg. i just started watching this show and i'm totally addicted. i'm supposed to be doing a 6-page book report due tomorrow, but i can't help myself from watching x_x.

this is all migo's fault!

<333

Guest alfredo

Where did you get these kinda news?

3 candidates to be the patients here... Mr Bong (I bet my last 2 cents on him, like Carmina :sweatingbullets: ), Mr Na (I hope not), and SJ with a fatal heart attack (as Khai and the rest of us are praying for).

With SJ a heart attack will be unrealistic. He's in fit shape for that, rather a panic attack will be better for him where he'll be hospitalised to reveal an incurable disease. *fingers crossed*.

Guest cushinoid

I have been lurking in this thread for the last two months and I haven't added much because the plot discussion here is so extensive I can't think of anything else to say :D I am so thankful to all of the contributers :D . It brings so much more to the drama when there is discussion about the characters and their motives!!!

I wonder if there is anything that would wake SJ up from his demented reality? For some reason I doubt it... I am really hoping that the karmic retribution is coming soon to him!!! I wonder what could have happened to make him and DP such different individuals? Although DP can be stubborn she has a deeper understanding of right vs. wrong and consistantly demonstrates it, while SJ just shows us how little he cares about anyone but himself.

Guest kauaisurfer

I wonder if there is anything that would wake SJ up from his demented reality? For some reason I doubt it... I am really hoping that the karmic retribution is coming soon to him!!! I wonder what could have happened to make him and DP such different individuals? Although DP can be stubborn she has a deeper understanding of right vs. wrong and consistantly demonstrates it, while SJ just shows us how little he cares about anyone but himself.

cushinoid...Very Insightful post...This is why I think SJ's dad who is portrayed as "Extremely Principled"...might have a tendency to blame himself for his son's shortcomings. Many parents in that situation...will feel like they did not do enough or should have done something different. On the other hand SJ's mother will gladly blame everyone but SJ & herself...I just do not see her ever looking in the mirror for understanding.

What will the repercussion's for Mr. Na be when his son is brought up on charges of bribery? Would Mr. Na resign from his position because of his son? I'm sure that everyone who works with Mr. Na knows his character as being that of an honorable man. The one thing he has emphasized time and time again is not to accept gifts from anyone to avoid ever being involved in a scandal. What is it that his son and his wife don't understand?

I hope that Mr. Na is not the one who ends up in the hospital when he finds out the entire truth about his son. For all of the lives that SJ seems to be destroying around him, at this stage of the game, I could care less if the writers make SJ admit to his wrong doings before the end of this drama. It just won't be worth it.

...We both also feel Mr. Na is going to be seriously impacted by SJ's illegal & unethical actions...

You guys are making me blush :blush:

Ohh Mr and Mrs kauaisurfer! I must say this, after DanBaek, reading Mr and Mrs kauaisurfer posts always make my heart warm. :wub:

I bet you're both the actual Danbaek...

RanYu to excate :wub:

Archived