Troubleshooting and tech

awdark

Vague subforum title
In the tech section, questions are disorganized. Questions for the troubleshooting section are posted in the standard tech section and must be closed because they broke rules. Can you guys change the name of the "Troubleshooting" subforum to somethign like Tech Help/troubleshooting? The recent wave of thread closures 75% of them belonged in the troubleshoothing but I can see why the poster put it into tech. Troubleshooting is like when a computer has a problem... you trubleshoot software glitches. You troubleshoot hardware problems... but you dont troubleshoot what software to use to convert an AVI to dvd. You are asking for advice, but not troubleshooting. One can say that troubleshooting is an umbrella term for all computer QUESTIONS but most of the time its interpreted as computer problems that need to be fixed. I also think software discussion especially games when they don't have problems are okay and can fit into the tech general section. The choice in closures part I know should go directly to the mod of the section, but I dont think she has the power to change the title of the sub forum of the board which is why I decided to post. I also hope that in someone may be able to come up with a better title if I were to post it here.

There used to be two mods, me and dot1q. It's really the individual mod's preference as to how they deal with threads that don't belong in the section. But there should be no problem now with such discrepancies, since I'm the only mod for both sections.

Every member should read the rules.

Tech forum Rules....

1. DO NOT post help/troubleshooting topics in this forum. There is a subforum for such topics. You WILL be warned, no questions asked.

But the point is the general title/description is deceiving.

Leave it if you like, I just think it would make your life easier.

Even I used to post software advice questions in the general tech section because I didn't need to fix anything. I wanted advice.

Archived