Lee Da Hae 이다해 李多海 イ・ダヘ ❤

apqaria

^

They didn't mention who was in the fight. If they did, those people's name revealed would be dead meat. But one thing for sure is that Writer Na was in it.

Well they said 6 main cast were there so SSH, YJH, PHJ, LDH, HJH, LYH.

Also Jo Min Ki, Lee Mi Sook, Shin Eun Jung (Rebecca).

Yes, no extension. It's already too long, and seems like some of the cast weren't so happy too.

Wow, I haven't been in here until after work and already another "scandal" broke out? Can anyone fill me in on what is going on with EOE? Something about Writer Na barging in and fights erupted?

So the new writer wrote episode 36? I think that writer must have messes up the storyline by having MH reveal the truth to DC since originally, he was suppose to keep it in him and battle out his demons...wow...I wonder if the new writer was playing favorites??? I would be so mad it that writer was...but anyways, please fill me in with Writer Na issue...from what I read so far, seem like she is really angry...

Guest imogene_af

^

In the articles I read, LDH wasn't mentioned. So I'm puzzled if she was there or not.

They listed all the names but hers. So I assumed she wasn't there. Anyway, they said from the start the script reading was already tensioned, like no one was getting along right.

Guest mvang001

lilcrash or imogene_af: i would love to know what the news is saying happened during the meeting. since i am not Korean, i cannot read what's in the news. would you mind pinging me what it says! as a big LDH fan, i am so mad at MBC. want to get some justification that it is not LDH's fault!

In brief-

I think it happened yesterday afternoon at 4pm. Main cast were there. I read that 6 main cast were there - SSH, YJH, PHJ, LDH, HJH, LYH. Also Jo Min Ki, Lee Mi Sook, Shin Eun Jung (Rebecca). But imogene_af said she didn't see LDH's name in the articles, so not 100% sure that LDH was present.

Anyway

- They started reading the script for Ep 37

- Writer Na just appeared at the scene

- People at the scene were surprised, some people weren't happy to see Writer Na

- Then fight started

Guest imogene_af

No one knows the details of what went on, so we cannot really assume what their greivances are but all the "news" said is the actors weren't happy so was the writer. No one was getting along. So we cannot really assume things at the moment. Everyone has their grievances.

Some were disappointed that why Writer Na just came in now. Seems like some felt betrayed? That she left? No idea.

Hearsay say that why are they now just in a SSH-focused drama. Why cannot they see the script going in the right direction, will she save it?

HEARSAY,okay. First off this just came from some random witness who attested the fight between costars and then they all started airing their grievances to the writer. Writer wasn't happy too, by the way with some of the rewrites.

In the three Korean news articles I read LDH wasn't mentioned as part of the script session although her name mentioned many times, for obvious reasons.

I request this not be posted in the EoE thread, thanks.

In brief-

I think it happened yesterday afternoon at 4pm. Main cast were there. I read that 6 main cast were there - SSH, YJH, PHJ, LDH, HJH, LYH. Also Jo Min Ki, Lee Mi Sook, Shin Eun Jung (Rebecca). But imogene_af said she didn't see LDH's name, so not 100% sure that LDH was present.

Anyway

- They started reading the script for Ep 37

- Writer Na just appeared at the scene

- People at the scene were surprised, some people weren't happy to see Writer Na

- Then fight started

Thanks...my assumption is that Writer Na must be very upset over this ordeal since she had pour everything into this story and yet production had taken it elsewhere...I can understand especially when it is kind of like seeing her vision and dream being stomp all over especially when she had place so much tears and sweat in this work, a work that she was soo proud of...good thing they're not extending the drama so I heard...

This is just an assumption, since the detail is still in question so please do not take this and make it into a rumors outside of Da Hae thread...

Guest imogene_af

More details in the EOE thread but it's confirmed LDH was not present during this ordeal. So her being a "suspect" is out.

But a lot of the main actors were not very happy with their characters and just like LDH had the same grievances.

Writer Na felt disrespected by some of the fighting between the actors and felt she was being challenged.

Guest luthien

I've been lurking here. I can't keep up with what's going on y'all.. I gotta read like twice or three times... It saddens me that I only notice her now that she's leaving. Blame it on these two performers I had to follow closely. After this scandal, I learned more about LDH, her work ethic as mentioned and her stand on this whole issue. I'm glad she's not putting up with all these crap, staying mum. Instead she took the risk and the blame even with her fragile body and weak health :tears: to say enough is enough! Then even though she could no longer take it, she still had the heart by forcing herself to stay until ep40 to give MBC and production some chance to "decently" wrap up her character. If I was her friend/family, I would've pulled her out of that set myself right then and there.. If I can drag her out, you can bet I would because I cannot look at her suffering while forcing herself to work. But I'm very emotional, weak, stupid and definitely not kind like LDH. Thank goodness I'm not her family/friend, I would've caused her even more trouble than she's facing right now.

wait, who said JMK is in secret romance with LDH????? He's such a playboy!!!! In HJH's cyworld pictures as well as earlier BTS, I thought something going on between them... like he's jealous that PHJ gets to play HJH's husband.. well, can't blame him for flirting with both women.. He must have had a hard time choosing who to woo. Am I the only one who thinks JMK off-screen shots with his new hair is HOT? seriously, for his age, I think I can fall for him even if I'm like old enough to be his granddaugther.. hahaha.. nah... maybe daughter...

Guest imogene_af

^

I love me some JMK.

LDH always jokes around that the real scandal is between the two of them. But HJH doesn't agree. They fight over Ahjussi.

Am I sadistic but I kinda wanna watch the fight. :lol: Now that more details are coming out.

Guest imogene_af

^

There's a current news article saying that SSH and LDH aren't present. And they're asking why.

SSH's management said health reasons.

and we recently got fan news that LDH is going to Australia, right? For Christmas? Explains things.

maybe it's better that both of them weren't there. :ph34r: Especially at the actors freaking out over SSH.

Guest ldh-ldw lover

the news said the following ...

at the script meeting ...

writer na returned but there was a clash between writer na & some of the main actors...

those that were at this reading was...

Yun Jung Hoon

Park Hae Jin

Han Ji Hye

Lee Yun Hee

Yoo Dong Geun

Jo Min Gi

Jung Hye Young

Shin Eun Jung

and some of the actors showed much dissatisfication with their characters as their voices got louder things became hectic...

some of the things said...

"is east of eden song seung hun's drama?!"

"i can't understand my character!"

"i don't fully understand the direction of things"

and then writer na replied, "are you challenging me"

and she stormed out

i ahve to go to dinner but will translate more when i get back

but this is getting otu of hand :(

then what about this from the eoe thread?

is ssh there???

yeah this is too ssh focused!!!!!!!!!!!!

somehow i wished ssh was dongwook and park shin yang be dongchul. like what they want from the beginning.

this is seriously not fair to not only lee da hae but the rest of the cast except ssh and lyh.

i always wondered. why isnt ssh and lyh close to the rest of the cast???

now i know why.

you know to me, i see more yr in the show, than dongwook??

sorry i need to say something.

why cant i express my displease at the eoe thread????

i mean if its some drama that pleases me, i will write there and if it doesnt why cant i write there too????

please treat it like you didnt see the post if u are angry.

anyway sorry again if i offended ldh, maybe i am biased, but i wanna protect the only actress i admire.

and i heard that supporting cast are paid for what they at throughout the show, not like lead stars which are paid per eps, so whats the point of people at eoe thread?????

trying to make our dahae look worse saying she made them lose their paychecks???

yeah i hope she recovers and then get a comedy.

yeah something like dalja should be good!!!

and a boy younger than her. THAT WOULD BE SO REFRESHING!

edit

omo, i forget to say,

MERI-CHARIS-SI-MAS!!!!!!!!!!

hahhaha the korean way??

Guest imogene_af

^

boy younger = Kim Bum. :lol: I can dream,right? Haha.

I wonder who were the actors that showed dissatisfaction with the script and their characters?

I'm guessing YJH because we all know how Dong Wook is written? JMK... since he knows LDH's ordeal? PHJ because of the 180 degree turn for his character but he's so softspoken. YDG?

Guest ldh-ldw lover

hahahaha lol!!!! KIM BUM WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

hahahah i have lotsa boys on the list! jung il woo, jang geun suk, jang ki bum...

hahah all jungs/jangs!

somehow i wished da hae was in boys over flower. she would be able to do any role there!

eden_ldh1.jpgeden_ldh2.jpg

More cast members to leave Eden following Lee Da-hae

So, it looks like there is not going to be any kind of consensus on whether Lee Da-hae’s sudden exit from East of Eden was unprofessional or not. Fans of the actress have been vocal in their defense, a much as others have been critical.

Still, what’s clear is that Lee Da-hae’s exit is going to have effects on the rest of the drama, and other supporting cast members are now going to be cut as a result of her quitting. After all, no man is an island, and no actor acts in a vacuum.

With Lee leaving abruptly, according to a source with the drama, the actors who play roles related to her Min Hye-rin character will most likely be let go early: Park Geun-hyung, Jung Yeon-sook, Jung So-young, and perhaps a few more. These supporting roles are tied in to Lee’s character, and will not be needed once Hye-rin leaves. The actors are still waiting to hear about their fates.

Some viewers have been supportive of Lee’s decision to leave the drama. Yet others are calling her behavior careless and inconsiderate, because as a lead actress she carries more responsibility than just for herself; other people are losing their jobs suddenly because of her.

I’ve read the comments criticizing and defending Lee, and I get that MBC dropped the ball with her character. I get that she felt neglected and misled, and that she wasn’t getting what she thought she signed up for. But really, it’s too bad she couldn’t stick it out just ten more episodes (and someone asked an interesting question — how is it that her health is suffering when she’s only in three minutes per episode?), because the question is not whether this will affect her image, but how much. I’m sure it will eventually blow over, but it won’t be without a cost to her career.

Via Star News

Guest luthien

^

I love me some JMK.

LDH always jokes around that the real scandal is between the two of them. But HJH doesn't agree. They fight over Ahjussi.

Am I sadistic but I kinda wanna watch the fight. :lol: Now that more details are coming out.

MMMMmmmm.... thanks for sharing my preference in JMK. Let's not fight but share okay?

But I'd love a real-life catfight between HJH and LDH!!! I'd love to see that! Don't you think JMK will have a hard time? or will he enjoy being fought over by two beautiful women. JMK you playboy!!!

Kim Bum + LDH.. teehee... I'm not so into may-december romance.. but with these two, i think I'll have a change of heart. I love kim bum.. I miss this boy.

Guest imogene_af

Heh about the article, there will be a cost to her career it is true. Everyone knows that. Even she knows that. It's a lose- lose situation either way.

I thought President Min's (and his wife) character could still be very prominent even with MHR not there, considering he has had many scenes without her present.

Her health is suffering? It's a mental health issue. She admits that so herself, it's not even about how exhausting her work is, it's how much anxiety and panic attacks she has been getting because of the pain she has had staying through the drama.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that this will be a blow to her career because LDH is just not healthy anymore. She needs help, she has not been well.

I still believe she will rise from these ashes one day, because a person with talent and has had good experiences with her other jobs just cannot be neglected like that. She cannot be purely demonized for her decisions as the truth is starting to unravel little by little after what happened to her. EoE is a mess behind the scenes. That just speaks volumes.

Guest ldh-ldw lover

Heh about the article, there will be a cost to her career it is true. Everyone knows that. Even she knows that. It's a lose- lose situation either way.

I thought President Min's (and his wife) character could still be very prominent even with MHR not there, considering he has had many scenes without her present.

Her health is suffering? It's a mental health issue. She admits that so herself, it's not even about how exhausting her work is, it's how much anxiety and panic attacks she has been getting because of the pain she has had staying through the drama.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that this will be a blow to her career because LDH is just not healthy anymore. She needs help, this EoE experience was a very painful one.

I still believe she will rise from these ashes one day, because a person with talent and has had good experiences with her other jobs just cannot be neglected like that. She cannot be purely demonized for her decisions as the truth is starting to unravel little by little after what happened to her. EoE is a mess behind the scenes. That just speaks volumes.

haha yes she will!!!!!!!! i hope more people comes out and speak for her!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, things are really tense bts right now. Apparently another one of the actors asked to be taken out of the drama like LDH during the meeting. I don't know if he/she really meant it or if they were just arguing but no one seems happy.