Trouble Setting Up Wireless

Godotology

it was working before, but I forgot my password to access my router and simply just reset the whole thing. now I forgot how I configured it so that my two other computers can use my wifi.

they can detect the wifi signal, connect to them, detect that the signal is strong.. however I'm still unable to go anywhere online.

their IP addresses are set on automatic, but nothing happens still..

I'm guessing I have to do something with the MAC address, but I've completely forgotten how to configure it so the other computers can go on..

I think I have to do something in the DHCP (using D-link)

*stares at the question*

The easiest of all is... turn off the WEP or whatever security you have and test it out first. Then once you can connect, enable the wep or whatever you feel like enabling.

Get rid of the old wireless profiles because thats a waste of time, establish a new wep key... don't want to keep old security keys anyways.

You're probably concerned about MAC filtering, by default they don't have mac filtering enabled so it shouldn't be a concern. Its probably just the wep keys so save them to a txt file and dump the file onto a thumbdrive and ^_^

O.o If it was just reset why would the wep be enabled anyway?

that's exactly what I thought too. If the router is reset, the connection will literally be free for anyone in range.

also, i'm surprised that you of all people are having problems. :D what is the world coming to? Will Dot1q have problems with his wireless next? haha

that's exactly what I thought too. If the router is reset, the connection will literally be free for anyone in range.

also, i'm surprised that you of all people are having problems. :D what is the world coming to? Will Dot1q have problems with his wireless next? haha

Speaking of wireless trouble, something which I was never able to figure out was how to use a WAP54G v3 access point as a repeater for a WRT54G v2 router using WPA/WPA2. It will work with WEP or no security. I've spent days on this issue and just gave up hope. Been on the phone with Linksys for days and literally tried every combination of options and firmware releases possible. This was around last year and I tried again 2 months ago. No dice.

thanks for the replies.

Actually, some how the problem fixed itself. One of the computers didn't want to generate IPs automatically for some reason or another.. but eventually did. There was nothing wrong with my wireless settings.. just one weird computer that refused to cooperate :(

thanks for the replies.

Actually, some how the problem fixed itself. One of the computers didn't want to generate IPs automatically for some reason or another.. but eventually did. There was nothing wrong with my wireless settings.. just one weird computer that refused to cooperate :(

niceeee. wish mine would work :tears:

Archived