Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Kwon Sang-woo: 'I Begin Filming in Paris with Jackie Chan'

Hallyu star Kwon Sang Woo (35) will begin filming the action blockbuster movie “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” in Paris with world famous Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan. The film “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” is an action adventure movie to be produced with 100 billion won funding, and it will be the third movie of the "Armor of God" series, which was very popular worldwide. This Chinese movie will be released worldwide thanks to the fame of Jackie Chan.

7795_2632_l.jpg

According to Kwon Sang Woo’s agency Bel Actors Entertainment on May 31, Kwon Sang Woo will film the movie in Paris for five weeks, and then he will continue filming in places such as Thailand, Dubai, Taiwan, Shanghai, and Beijing until the end of this year. The agency said, “The story of the movie is confidential by the contract, but I can guarantee that Kwon Sang Woo will present splendid action acting with the whole world as his stage.” In addition, Kwon Sang Woo is now in the final stages of filming the Chinese melodrama movie “Love Again (working title),” in which Kwon and Hong Kong star Cecilia Cheung will play the protagonists, in Shenzhen, China. This movie will be released around the end of this year or the beginning of next year. The agency said, “Due to the tight filming schedule of those two movies, Kwon Sang Woo will move to Paris directly from China.”

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/EntertainmentNews/view.html?No=7795

Guest TY_KSW

Hi TY, since I read some bad reviews about her during the filming with KSW, I started not liking her anymore - besides, I'm not so familiar with this woman! That's why I hate bringing up her name here every time I post. Our man has so much breeding compared to that person - we could attest to that by the way he answered some questions when asked about her.....She's acting as "primadonna" by not appearing in the presscon - who does she thinks she is? Still looking forward to see the movie MAINLY because of KSW & not for anyone else!  :rolleyes:

Thats what HK film industry receive for nourishing and cherishing her for long!! they created her "primadonna"..

Unlike in Korea, nether star acted like that!  not to mentioned, after a sex scandal nobody in Korea could return to the limelight.. But to this woman, her name becomes more brighter after the sex bombing! Like a joke!!! :)

Hope our man is "safe" during filming with her! No any "link" to her, hah??? muahhahahhaha!

Kwon Sang-woo: 'I Begin Filming in Paris with Jackie Chan'

Hallyu star Kwon Sang Woo (35) will begin filming the action blockbuster movie “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” in Paris with world famous Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan. The film “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” is an action adventure movie to be produced with 100 billion won funding, and it will be the third movie of the "Armor of God" series, which was very popular worldwide. This Chinese movie will be released worldwide thanks to the fame of Jackie Chan.

*quoted image*

According to Kwon Sang Woo’s agency Bel Actors Entertainment on May 31, Kwon Sang Woo will film the movie in Paris for five weeks, and then he will continue filming in places such as Thailand, Dubai, Taiwan, Shanghai, and Beijing until the end of this year. The agency said, “The story of the movie is confidential by the contract, but I can guarantee that Kwon Sang Woo will present splendid action acting with the whole world as his stage.” In addition, Kwon Sang Woo is now in the final stages of filming the Chinese melodrama movie “Love Again (working title),” in which Kwon and Hong Kong star Cecilia Cheung will play the protagonists, in Shenzhen, China. This movie will be released around the end of this year or the beginning of next year. The agency said, “Due to the tight filming schedule of those two movies, Kwon Sang Woo will move to Paris directly from China.”

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.c...ew.html?No=7795

"splendid action acting with the whole world as his stage." thats enough!! WOW! i must pay full week tix to the box when the movie premiered here! kekkekekeke

spending the whole week evening to watch our man's spendid action!!!!!!! yawhooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

@TY_KSW I totally agreed with you too.  The movie won't be released until next year, so hopefully it won't affect the movie's rating. I also read some news they also said other casts members were afraid of being interviewed by the press and journalist, except our oppa.  He's the only one answered questions with sincerity.  Lots of people thumbs up his sincerity and honesty.

Oh, yes! Mi2u2.. We are proud of our oppa!!

He is sincere, honesty.. and disciplined!!! Quite different to the others!!!

A real star, right? :)

Guest mi2u2

Oh, yes! Mi2u2.. We are proud of our oppa!!

He is sincere, honesty.. and disciplined!!! Quite different to the others!!!

A real star, right? :)

You are definitely correct TY_KSW.  We are proud of our oppa!!:rolleyes:

Guest lualm

hello Kwon Sang Woo fans! have you been to his fan club lately? :)

We're looking for dedicated fans who would like to moderate his club. Anyone interested can send me a PM. :)

http://www.soompi.com/fanclub/kwon-sang-woo

Hi mi2u2, thanks for posting these pictures from the movie, "Pain" - I find the plot interesting, too. Can't wait for this movie. Korean movies are so popular these days that in my opinion he doesn't even need to go to China to make movies. But it’s really fine if he wants to change environment for his own good. :lol:

Oooooooooooo! phew.gif ,,,,,,,, moi just decided to pop in & find so many things about Sangwoo on d last page! B) ...... what is Pain all about? sweatingbullets.gif ........& Sangwoo gonna film with Jackie next :rolleyes: ........ maybe can play Jackie's son or, grandson even !!! rofl26nr.gif .... but seriously, any new news on d plot? :P ........ were u peeps referring to Cecilia when u talked about that pregnant hussy? phew.gif

Oooooooooooo! phew.gif ,,,,,,,, moi just decided to pop in & find so many things about Sangwoo on d last page! B) ...... what is Pain all about? sweatingbullets.gif ........& Sangwoo gonna film with Jackie next :rolleyes: ........ maybe can play Jackie's son or, grandson even !!! *quoted image* .... but seriously, any new news on d plot? :P ........ were u peeps referring to Cecilia when u talked about that pregnant hussy? phew.gif

Hi moi, so nice to see your post again here - we missed you, dear! "Pain" is his movie, which was recently done filming & is expected to be released later this year. He's currently filming another movie with JC, “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads”.”in Paris - Our man will play one of the main roles in the film alongside Jackie Chan - they won't elaborate more on this yet.The film “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” is an action adventure movie to be produced with 100 billion won funding, and it will be the third movie of the "Armor of God" series, which was very popular worldwide. This Chinese movie will be released worldwide thanks to the fame of Jackie Chan. Kwon Sang Woo will film the movie in Paris for five weeks, and then he will continue filming in places such as Thailand, Dubai, Taiwan, Shanghai, and Beijing until the end of this year. He has completed filming a movie right now with Cecilia Cheung (ye, that pregnant woman - hehehe), “Repeat, I Love You.” -This movie will be released around the end of this year as well or the beginning of next year. Due to the tight filming schedule of those two movies, Kwon Sang Woo has moved to Paris directly from China. So, a total of 3-movies for KSW at the moment. "Pain" unfolds around a loan shark who can’t feel pain and a woman who is hyper-sensitive to the pain of others. :lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Oooooooooooo! phew.gif ,,,,,,,, moi just decided to pop in & find so many things about Sangwoo on d last page!  B) ...... what is Pain all about?  sweatingbullets.gif  ........& Sangwoo gonna film with Jackie next  :rolleyes:  ........ maybe can play Jackie's son or, grandson even !!! *quoted image* .... but seriously, any new news on d plot?  :P ........ were u peeps referring to Cecilia when u talked about that pregnant hussy?  phew.gif

where have you been, dear Moi? guess you are busy with your Myonggie, right?

while Sangwoo is spending a whole year 2011 with 1 drama + 3 movies!!

Ouch!!! Censor to say! kekekek

Wonder where was Son Tae Young then? muahahhaha!

*quoted image*

Credit as stated

Hi TY, thanks for posting this picture. Wahhhhh................so, there's a kissing scene on this movie, huh? I hope KSW & this woman will have good chemistry on the screen. We’ll see this when the poster is available & see more of their chemistry when the trailer is released. What do you think, dear - do they look lovely together? :rolleyes:

A Kiss is just a kiss.........except in Kdramaland

Is a kiss, just a kiss? If you’re a fan of Kdramas you know it can be so much more. The ‘Candy Kiss,’ the ‘Foam Kiss,’ the ‘Cola Kiss’… I could go on and on. How important are these ‘special’ kisses to the storyline of a drama? Very. One of the biggest indicators of popularity in Korean entertainment has got to be parodies and the parodies of these Kdrama kissing scenes are rampant in variety shows, at concerts, etc. which shows their importance in Korean Pop Culture. Considering the popularity of these ‘themed kisses’ popping up in almost every single drama nowadays, to not have a special kiss would probably be a major faux pas of a Kdrama writer.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Here’s some of the best kiss scenes from Kdramas that I could muster together (I’ve taken the liberty of naming some if I couldn’t remember what their ‘event kiss’ name was):

I found a couple of great montages of the best kissing scenes from some of your favorite older Kdramas.

(KSW's part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ix4rDjAej1U

So is a kiss just a kiss? I would have to say, “No.” I think Kdrama kiss scenes are significant in culturally conservative (at least on the surface) South Korea because it is the pinnacle of romance in mainstream Korean entertainment. Kdrama writers may have set themselves up for the impossible task of always trying to create a greater kissing scene in their dramas than any seen before. They might also have done a disservice to the significant others of Kdrama fans who have heightened expectations of romantic kissing bliss.

What is your favorite Kdrama kiss scene of all time?

Source : seoulbeats

Hi moi, so nice to see your post again here - we missed you, dear! "Pain" is his movie, which was recently done filming & is expected to be released later this year. He's currently filming another movie with JC, “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads”.”in Paris - Our man will play one of the main roles in the film alongside Jackie Chan - they won't elaborate more on this yet.The film “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” is an action adventure movie to be produced with 100 billion won funding, and it will be the third movie of the "Armor of God" series, which was very popular worldwide. This Chinese movie will be released worldwide thanks to the fame of Jackie Chan. Kwon Sang Woo will film the movie in Paris for five weeks, and then he will continue filming in places such as Thailand, Dubai, Taiwan, Shanghai, and Beijing until the end of this year. He has completed filming a movie right now with Cecilia Cheung (ye, that pregnant woman - hehehe), “Repeat, I Love You.” -This movie will be released around the end of this year as well or the beginning of next year. Due to the tight filming schedule of those two movies, Kwon Sang Woo has moved to Paris directly from China. So, a total of 3-movies for KSW at the moment. "Pain" unfolds around a loan shark who can’t feel pain and a woman who is hyper-sensitive to the pain of others. :lol:

Thanks 4d info dear! :D ...... must be really tiring for Sangwoo to film in so many places in one movie! Think of d jetlag! :wacko:

where have you been, dear Moi? guess you are busy with your Myonggie, right?

while Sangwoo is spending a whole year 2011 with 1 drama + 3 movies!!

:ph34r: actually moi's been with Park Shi Hoo ..... wanted to amend moi's siggie but encountered some soompi bug :ph34r: ....... Sangwoo's boy must be getting biggie now :phew: ..... hope he takes more after daddy than mama -_- ..... btw din read anything about Sangwoo's wifie in recent times! <_<

Here's for old times sake! moi's all time fave Sangwoo pic! :w00t:

ep1.jpg

wonder what's up with CJW nowadays :phew:

Guest TY_KSW

:ph34r: actually moi's  been with Park Shi Hoo ..... wanted to amend moi's siggie but encountered some soompi bug  :ph34r: ....... Sangwoo's boy must be getting biggie now  :phew:  ..... hope he takes more after daddy than mama  -_-  ..... btw din read anything about Sangwoo's wifie in recent times!  <_<

Thanks God for the bug! you must grant the fact that you are not destined to be with PSH!!

Muahhahaha!

About Luke Kwon, he is getting taller n handsome and quite looked like HIS DADDY!!!

*quoted image*

wonder what's up with CJW nowadays  :phew:

Too bad that CJW just said goodbye to her young lover, i forgot the name!! and not sure if she got any new project now!

I m now focusing to Sangwoo's new venture with Jackie Chan!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks God for the bug! you must grant the fact that you are not destined to be with PSH!!

Muahhahaha!

About Luke Kwon, he is getting taller n handsome and quite looked like HIS DADDY!!!

Too bad that CJW just said goodbye to her young lover, i forgot the name!! and not sure if she got any new project now!

I m now focusing to Sangwoo's new venture with Jackie Chan!!!!!

Hi TY, he's Lee Jin Wook - he has an upcoming drama now with Eric, "Beautiful Spy"..... I miss KSW! I'm sure he's not in-town yet..... :lol:

Kwon Sang-woo gets beaten, "It's ok 'cause I don't feel"

1310343384_176991.jpg

Actor kwon Sang-woo is man who can't feel pain.

In the movie "Pain" coming this fall, kwon Sang-woo is heavy and rough guy Nam-soon who can't feel.

Nam-soon is a character who acquires numbness to pain after a tragic car accident in his younger days, losing his family.

kwon Sang-woo endured the many scenes of being beaten up without any stand-in's as he was the guy who couldn't feel pain. While being slapped several times, he joked to the staff around him, "It's alright because I can't feel".

Director Kwak Gyeong-taek showed strong confidence and trust in kwon Sang-woo as he said, "kwon Sang-woo is someone I wanted to work with for a long time. He is a very good concentrator. I felt relieved that he was the one acting the role of Nam-soon".

Meanwhile, kwon Sang-woo is well known for his sincerity act in the drama "Daemul - Big Thing".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Guest TY_KSW

Hi TY, he's Lee Jin Wook - he has an upcoming drama now with Eric, "Beautiful Spy"..... I miss KSW! I'm sure he's not in-town yet.....  :lol:

Kwon Sang-woo gets beaten, "It's ok 'cause I don't feel"

*quoted image*

Actor kwon Sang-woo is man who can't feel pain.

In the movie "Pain" coming this fall, kwon Sang-woo is heavy and rough guy Nam-soon who can't feel.

Nam-soon is a character who acquires numbness to pain after a tragic car accident in his younger days, losing his family.

kwon Sang-woo endured the many scenes of being beaten up without any stand-in's as he was the guy who couldn't feel pain. While being slapped several times, he joked to the staff around him, "It's alright because I can't feel".

Director Kwak Gyeong-taek showed strong confidence and trust in kwon Sang-woo as he said, "kwon Sang-woo is someone I wanted to work with for a long time. He is a very good concentrator. I felt relieved that he was the one acting the role of Nam-soon".

Meanwhile, kwon Sang-woo is well known for his sincerity act in the drama "Daemul - Big Thing".

Agoo! he didn't feel pain but i do!!

hope they didn't put strong slaps over his perfect face !!

Thanks Will for reminding the name of Jiwoo's ex! Yup! he is so cute.. Too bad that they were apart!!

Our Sangwoo is the actors that most of famous directors/producers wanna work with! so does Jackie Chan!!! kekekke

Kwon Sang-woo's "The President" to air in Japan

2011070819480474689_1.jpg

SBS TV series "The President" starring Kwon Sang-woo and Ko Hyun-jung will go on air in Japan starting late next month.

The website for Japan's prestigious Oricon chart reported on Friday that the show, which aired in Korea from October to December last year, will show on Fuji TV's "Hallyu Alpha" series starting in late August.

Fuji TV has shown other hit dramas for the series including "Minamishineyo," "Shining Inheritance" and "The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince."

"The President," based on a Korean comic book series, is about a first-class gigolo played by Kwon, who helps a human rights lawyer played by Ko, achieve her dream of becoming Korea's first female president.

The show was popular during its run in Korea, staying atop TV charts for 11 weeks straight and ending with viewership ratings of around 26 percent, according to AGB Nielsen Media Research's statistics.

Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2011070819480474689

Bae Doona, Kwon Sang-woo and Jeong Woo-seong go to Hollywood

Korean stars' second round to Hollywood is beginning.

In following the advancement of Lee Byeong-Heon, Jeon Ji-hyeon and Jeong Ji-hoon (Rain) to Hollywood, there are stars that knock on the doors to the worldwide market with their strong characters.

Actress Bae Doona has been offered a role in the movie "Cloud Atlas" by the Wachowskis brothers who created the "Matrix" series. Her management Star Plus revealed, "She was offered the role of a duplication of a Korean human being by a director from Hollywood. It is a good opportunity but we are patiently waiting for the directors call".

kwon Sang-woo is advancing into Hollywood with Asia's action star Jackie Chan through the action movie "12 Chinese Zodiac Heads" by the star himself.

Jeong Woo-seon is about to make it into Hollywood through the movie "The Killer" as it is a remake of the original by director John Woo.

Thanks mi2u2 for sharing here the video clip & some captures from the movie presscon. So, he's back now in Korea.........Maybe his filming with JC is already done.....Can't wait to see "Pain" - :sweatingbullets:

Today's Photo: July 22, 2011

2011072200345_0.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo (left) and Jung Ryeo-won pose at a press event for their new film in Seoul on Thursday.

2011072200345_2.jpg

englishnews@chosun.com / Jul. 22, 2011 08:24 KST

Kwak, Kwon team up for melodrama

1107221010(1).jpg

From left, actors Kwon Sang-woo and Jung Ryeo-won pose with director Kwak Kyung-taek at the press conference for the film “Painted,” which will open in the fall. / Yonhap

By Lee Hyo-won

Kwak Kyung-taek, best known for turning “pretty boys” into hardboiled action stars, has teamed up with Kwon Sang-woo for his latest film “Painted.”

The director, who has featured heartthrobs Jang Dong-gun as a gangster (“Friend”) and Jung Woo-sung as a disheveled hobo (“Mutt Boy”), did not necessarily choose Kwon because of the actor’s knack for pulling off macho roles.

Kwon has played tough characters that tend to engage in fist fights (“71: Into the Fire”) and is currently filming the Jackie Chan action film “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads,” but he is expected to demonstrate more of his romantic side in Kwak’s upcoming melodrama.

“This movie is very different from Kwak Kyung-taek’s previous macho movies,” Kwon told reporters in Seoul, Thursday.

The actor stars as a man who, ever since undergoing a traumatic accident, has been grappling guilt and analgesia, the inability to sense physical pain. He falls in love with a lovely young woman who is the complete opposite of him — who cannot withstand any kind of infliction or wounds due to hemophilia. Jung Ryeo-won plays the heroine.

“My character is stuck in his past memories; he is sort of stoic and dimwitted. The movie is essentially a love story from the point of view of such a guy,” said Kwon.

Though Kwak may be reputed for helming tough, male-centric stories, he shared his soft spot for melodramas.

“When I watched melodramas as a younger man I would become sentimental and completely immersed in my feelings. It used to take days for me to recover. That seems to be why I avoided melodramas as a director. But love is a universal theme and it’s something that I wanted to explore as a director. Especially after making ‘A Love’ (starring Joo Jin-mo) I wished to direct a more profound love story,” said Kwak.

He said he was going through a slump when he received the scenario for “Painted,” which is based on an original story by popular cartoonist Kangfull. The artist-writer has inspired other films such as “Late Blossom” and “Crush on You.” “I cried three times while reading it. I was completely captivated by it and I just had to do it,” said Kwak.

The cineaste said he immediately thought of Kwon for the lead role. “The production company told me Kwon Sang-woo was contemplating the part, and I said I would do it only if Kwon does. There was nobody else.”

He said the same thing about Jung, how the sickly character was tailor-made for the actress who has demonstrated her capacity for playing psychologically disturbed characters (“Castaway on the Moon”).

About preparing for the role of a hemophiliac, Jung said she met an actual woman suffering from the condition in which blood does not clot normally and thus could result in her bleeding to death.

“My character is someone whose life depends on a single drop of blood. I imagined a hemophiliac would be super sensitive and averse to socializing with others, but the woman I met was not like that at all. She was in fact very loving, strong-willed and independent,” said Jung, adding how she was able to relate to the sense of independence, having left her Australian home 11 years ago to debut in Korea as a singer.

The former pop star said she learned how to use syringes for the film since hemophiliacs tend to regularly take coagulant shots themselves. “Director Kwak insists on realism, so I practiced how to give myself shots. They were vitamin shots actually,” she said.

Meanwhile, the press event invited special guests including Sooyoung of Girls’ Generation, who is a close bible study friend of Jung; composer Kim Hyeong-seok, a regular drinking buddy and creative collaborator of Kwak; and actor Kim Yeong-jun, who plays a thug in “Painted” and is a longtime friend of Kwon. The three joined in the talk to support the promotion of the film.

“Painted,” distributed by Lotte Entertainment, is due in theaters around Chuseok in September.

Credit : Korea Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2011/07/141_91336.html

Kwon Sang-woo says enjoyed "Pain"

2011072117053574371_1.jpg

Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo has said he enjoyed getting beaten up for his role in his upcoming movie.

He made the remark in Seoul on Thursday at a press conference for his movie "Pain," while speaking about his character Nam-soon who is unable to feel any pain due to the aftereffects of a car accident that killed everyone in his family except him.

"We couldn't fake any of the [fighting] scenes because it would show on the big screen so big so I got beaten up a lot but it was actually a lot of fun," Kwon said.

He then added, "It probably would have been more painful if I didn't like the process [of how the movie was shot] or I felt uncomfortable on set. But I have confidence in our movie and Kwan Kyung-taek did such a great job in directing."

He also said that it felt like he was doing a good job whenever he saw how hurt he looked on the monitor after shooting the scenes.

In "Pain," Nam-soon (Kwon) lives a lonely life until he meets Dong-hyun (played by actress Jung Ryeo-won) one day who is a hemophiliac and can feel pain easily. The two begin to get to know each other, while Nam-soon slowly learns that even a person like him can fall in love.

"Pain," originally an online cartoon by Kangfull and helmed by famed director Kwak Kyung-taek, will open in local theaters over the Korean Thanksgiving holidays.

Credit : 10asia

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2011072117053574371

Guest TY_KSW

WOW! is it me or? I see him younger than before!! is it because of Chinese food? **kidding**

Thanks much Mi2u2 for keeping us posted !!!

Kwak, Kwon team up for melodrama

The cineaste said he immediately thought of Kwon for the lead role. “The production company told me Kwon Sang-woo was contemplating the part, and I said I would do it only if Kwon does. There was nobody else.”

Obviously right! nobody else !!!!!! but KWON SANG WOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)