Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Restaurants go Hallyu

200908110046.jpg

200908110047.jpg

The tourist boom fueled by the Korean Wave is nothing new. Nor is the impact of the hit television series "A Jewel in the Palace" on the popularity of Korean cuisine abroad.

Hallyu stars and their dramas have become an effective medium through which to attract tourists, primarily from Japan, China and Southeast Asia.

The continual influx of Hallyu fans into Korea has spurred the proliferation of Hallyu-related tourist attractions, including restaurants run by the stars and entertainment companies that stand at the epicenter of the Korean Wave.

The increase in such eateries has given Hallyu fans the opportunity to enjoy cuisine inspired by their favorite dramas or dine in restaurants run by their favorite stars during their trip here.

Here are three Hallyu-related establishments -- one a karaoke-meets-restaurant venue -- that fuse two major components of the Korean Wave: food and entertainment.

S.M. goes gastronomic

(skipped.............)

Mr. Tears hits Myeong-dong

In mid-May, Hallyu star Kwon Sang-woo opened a coffee shop in tourist hotspot Myeong-dong.

On a weekday afternoon Kwon's TEA'US is brimming with Japanese customers. While the storefront and stairs leading up to the cafe sport life-sized pictures of the "Stairway to Heaven" star, the spacious shop itself is surprisingly devoid of Kwon paraphernalia.

Photos of him are stealthily hung here and there and a secluded area to the right showcases montages of the star on an LCD screen.

Hardcore fans can still get their Kwon fix by nibbling on cookies and cupcakes that bear edible pictures of him.

"Fans tend to know when Kwon Sang-woo is here," said TEA'US director Kim Yoon-kwan.

When asked how, Kim divulged the secret to catching a glimpse of the star.

"Because he always comes when there are not many people," said Kim, who stated that Kwon visits his shop on a near daily basis.

"When he isn't busy he visits the shop once a day and supervises the employees, checks the menu -- and also develops and tastes new items," Kim elaborated.

Kwon's involvement in the menu resulted in the creation of three special teas, each bearing a reference to the star and "Mr. Tears" -- the nickname given to him by his Asian fans, after which the shop is also named.

"Kwon Sang-woo tried each tea," said Kim. "He selected three teas that truly reflected his tastes, him and that suited his image and made them into special teas."

Titled Natural Tears, Mr. Tears and August Five (in reference to the day he was born), the three blends top the menu hanging above the counter.

The August Five blend incorporates the tang of yogurt into the brew, which suits the slightly bitter green tea base of the drink.

Natural Tears fuses apple, hibiscus, peach and apricot for a fruity brew, while Mr. Tears blends rooibos and orange peel.

The gelato, which is made at TEA'US, is respectable. The Bon Bon, in particular -- a luscious chocolate-based Italian ice cream with a nutty flavor -- is good.

According to Kim, their gelato and waffle dessert is one of their most popular dishes.

A mug bearing the slogan, "Taste coffee, tea and him," is on sale for those who want to take home a souvenir.

'Sikgaek' restaurant open

The set where scenes of the restaurant Unamjeong were filmed for the hit SBS drama, "Sikgaek," was transformed into an upscale restaurant and opened its doors on July 10.

(skipped................)

200908110050.jpg

TEA'US

Opening hours are from 7 a.m. to midnight, daily. Drinks cost 3,300 won to 6,500 won. Food costs 1,300 won to 10,000 won, take-out gelato not included. To get there go to Myeongdong Subway Station Line 4, Exit 6. TEA'US is located across the street from Migliore. For more information call (02) 2079-0990 or visit www.tea-us.co.kr

(skipped.....)

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

By Jean Oh

Credit : Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/dat...00908120008.asp

Guest TY_KSW

Hi TY!

I see you now... *Wave* :)

Oooh! I've read about that too here... Looking forward to that then! :)

hi NY2002!

we will keep you all posted about his coming steps!!! :D

Restaurants go Hallyu

Mr. Tears hits Myeong-dong

Kwon's involvement in the menu resulted in the creation of three special teas, each bearing a reference to the star and "Mr. Tears" -- the nickname given to him by his Asian fans, after which the shop is also named.

"Kwon Sang-woo tried each tea," said Kim. "He selected three teas that truly reflected his tastes, him and that suited his image and made them into special teas."

Titled Natural Tears, Mr. Tears and August Five (in reference to the day he was born), the three blends top the menu hanging above the counter.

The August Five blend incorporates the tang of yogurt into the brew, which suits the slightly bitter green tea base of the drink.

Natural Tears fuses apple, hibiscus, peach and apricot for a fruity brew, while Mr. Tears blends rooibos and orange peel.

Credit : Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/dat...00908120008.asp

That three special items are the must-taste when i m there! :D

Thanks chingu darlink, Will !!!!! :lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Cinderella Man

Full set DVD released on Aug 13

47789d1e5817dfcebf53853.jpg

Price: W88,000

Bonus extra:

1. Interviews

2. Two-in one role technique processing

3. Special NG scenes

4. Visit shooting venue

Cinderella Man

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6648/47...dfcebf53853.jpg

Bonus extra:

1. Interviews

3. Special NG scenes

4. Visit shooting venue

what was d ending like dear? B) ....... moi will buy if d last epi is to moi's taste ^_^

..... btw some of d emoticons are not working anymore! :angry:

Guest TY_KSW

what was d ending like dear? B) ....... moi will buy if d last epi is to moi's taste ^_^

it is not as expected ending as you do..

it is happy ending.. hahhaha! Sangwoo didnt play white piano at the beach to serenade the late lover! :lol:

..... btw some of d emoticons are not working anymore! :angry:

Soompi is running the new Beta version, some technique problems are unavoidable dear :rolleyes:

Guest TY_KSW

On the official blog dated August 15, http://www.judo-saiko.jp/, Japanese -Korean mixed martial artist AKIYAMA YOSHIHIRO just posted a photo and a comment saying that he had golden chance to meet with KwonSang Woo.

" He is an attractive young man and a very good person," Akiyama introduced in his blog. "I've promised to meet each others again in South Korea and Japan. I pushed a sustainable feeling of friendship with Kwon Sang Woo. We are considered ourselves as each other's long time fan."

200908151426000.jpg

About AKIYAMA YOSHIHIRO :

bannersite03.jpg

His Korean name is Choo Sung-hoon 추성훈

As a mixed martial artist he became the 2006 K-1 HERO'S Light Heavyweight tournament champion. Akiyama is currently ranked as the number 9 middleweight in the world by MMA Weekly. He is currently with the US promotion Ultimate Fighting Championship and was victorious in his first UFC bout against Alan Belcher at UFC 100. He is a fourth-generation Korean Japanese. He is also often identified as "Sexyama."[1]

Cinderella Man

[] 47789d1e5817dfcebf53853.jpg[/]

Bonus extra:

1. Interviews

3. Special NG scenes

4. Visit shooting venue

Hi TY, I have my copy already. Oh gosh, KSW is so adorable here. It’s a change from watching his last movie, Sadder than Sad Story watching him act in the hyper pauper role. I don’t understand why the ratings were low when it’s quite good. It’s hilarious especially the part of Dae san. I find Yoona great here – like her acting – my 1st time to see her act. I love the OST especially the song, My Person is the Same. CM is a wonderful drama. But Episode 3 is a little slow & doesn’t find it funny. The story becomes more entertaining after. :P:lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Thank you Quansu for the photo!

Stairway to Heaven and its lead actor is the most fav in Japan, no doubt! :lol:

Hi TY, I have my copy already. Oh gosh, KSW is so adorable here. It's a change from watching his last movie, Sadder than Sad Story watching him act in the hyper pauper role. I don't understand why the ratings were low when it's quite good. It's hilarious especially the part of Dae san. I find Yoona great here – like her acting – my 1st time to see her act. I love the OST especially the song, My Person is the Same. CM is a wonderful drama. But Episode 3 is a little slow & doesn't find it funny. The story becomes more entertaining after. :P:lol:

wow! so good right? love Oh Dae San, he is so naughty but nice ! kekeke! :lol:

Thank you Quansu for the photo!

Stairway to Heaven and its lead actor is the most fav in Japan, no doubt! :lol:

wow! so good right? love Oh Dae San, he is so naughty but nice ! kekeke! :lol:

din hear from Sangwoo's STH co-star CJW these days, she must be retired B)

Ddi his wife give birth yet? Was it a boyor a girl? thank you just curious.

its a boy n Sangwoo named him Luke :rolleyes: ...... moi can't recall kiddo's K-name B)

Guest TY_KSW

Today at 7PM October 20 Gucci FW 09 Collection event was holding in the Jade Garden - Sheraton Walker Hill Hotel

Kwon Sang Woo is one of the big stars attended this show...

More pix..

2009082020314110101.jpg

2e75dd5bf83d2a37e7255b3.jpg

82258457d71b5f87edf8f8f.jpg

07743836d9c22502f00b93f.jpg

088d98d8a1bf15ed148a01a.jpg

31cfe98298c449f13d0d0fb.jpg

6cb0d1cd287cbb47987f2f5.jpg

Credit as stated