Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Kwon returns to silver screen

photo424632.jpg
Actor kwon Sang-woo, 38, announced that he will return to the big screen, taking on the role of a passionate detective. According to film industry insiders yesterday, Kwon has recently decided to star in the new film "Detective", directed by Kim Jeong-hoon-II, who also produced the 2010 romantic comedy "Petty Romance". 

Industry analysts showed considerable interest in the news, because the storyline was selected from an amateur script-writing contest held in 2006. Kwon is anticipated to star as a detective novel fanatic who later becomes embroiled in a real-life murder case. 

The actor debuted in 2001 and rose to prominence in the 2003 SBS drama "Stairway to Heaven", where he starred with Korean Wave pioneer Choi Ji-woo. He has since made a name for himself as one of the biggest heartthrobs in Korean entertainment. He married actress Son Tae-yeong in 2008. 

Some pop culture analysts forecast that the upcoming film will be a turning point in Kwon's career, with his heyday considered to have been in the early 2000s. 

His 2011 film "Pained", directed by Kwak Gyeong-taek of the gangster film "Friend", sold just 700,272 tickets at the box office, while the latest MBC drama "Medical Top Team" (2013) earned average viewer ratings of 5.5 percent, which is considered low for terrestrial television.

"Detective" is slated to hit theaters in July.

Source: Hancinema

irilight said:

Kwon returns to silver screen
Actor kwon Sang-woo, 38, announced that he will return to the big screen, taking on the role of a passionate detective. According to film industry insiders yesterday, Kwon has recently decided to star in the new film "Detective", directed by Kim Jeong-hoon-II, who also produced the 2010 romantic comedy "Petty Romance". 

Industry analysts showed considerable interest in the news, because the storyline was selected from an amateur script-writing contest held in 2006. Kwon is anticipated to star as a detective novel fanatic who later becomes embroiled in a real-life murder case. 

The actor debuted in 2001 and rose to prominence in the 2003 SBS drama "Stairway to Heaven", where he starred with Korean Wave pioneer Choi Ji-woo. He has since made a name for himself as one of the biggest heartthrobs in Korean entertainment. He married actress Son Tae-yeong in 2008. 

Some pop culture analysts forecast that the upcoming film will be a turning point in Kwon's career, with his heyday considered to have been in the early 2000s. 

His 2011 film "Pained", directed by Kwak Gyeong-taek of the gangster film "Friend", sold just 700,272 tickets at the box office, while the latest MBC drama "Medical Top Team" (2013) earned average viewer ratings of 5.5 percent, which is considered low for terrestrial television.

"Detective" is slated to hit theaters in July.

Source: Hancinema

Son Tae-yeong seen with Kwon Sang-woo

photo425729.jpg

kwon Sang-woo and Son Tae-yeong were seen on a hiking date.

Son Tae-yeong revealed pictures of riding a bike with her son Rook-hee on her Facebook on the 12th.

She said, "I thought we were going to yell 'hooray!' at the top of the mountain but my husband was already long gone ahead".

Pictures of the couple show them sitting on a bench or looking at a map. There's one of him hugging her from the back, leaning on a tree as well.

Netizens say, "They are so lovable", "I am jealous" and more.

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

Translation : Hancinema

willenette said: She said, "I thought we were going to yell 'hooray!' at the top of the mountain but my husband was already long gone ahead".

Pictures of the couple show them sitting on a bench or looking at a map. There's one of him hugging her from the back, leaning on a tree as well.

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 22px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; direction: ltr; color: rgb(240, 173, 29); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"[special Feature] Married Korean Actors – Kwon Sang-woo, Ko Soo, Kim Kang-woo and Ji-sungSpring is a popular season for wedding. So, we have a story about married Korean actors who made us sad and broke our hearts. Why did they hurry so much?
But we hope they will stay married for life and live happily ever after with their loving wives.

♥ I know better about marriage! – Kwon Sang-wooKwon Sang-woo married to actress Son Tae-young in September 2008. The media scrambled to report the ‘Marriage of the Century’, which drew a lot of attention not only from the Korean fans but also foreign fans. Kwon Sang-woo, who got married earlier than the other actors covered in this story is living a happy life with his wife and son ‘Luke’.
Well, his popularity may seem to be on the decline a little but it’s too early to jump to conclusions. Let’s wait for his next movie ‘Detective’.

♥ ‘Kovid‘ made many women cry – Ko SooKo Soo got married in February in 2012 to a woman 11 years younger than him. Many would think he’s still a single because Ko Soo’s private life is completely veiled. ‘Kovid’ (his nicn name, which is for Ko Soo and Statue of David) made many women sad who heard about his marriage.
He changed his former image by playing a married man in his 2013 movie ‘Way to Home’.

♥ I wish he was my brother in law – Kim Kang-wooKim Kang-woo got married to Han Moo-young, a sister of Han Hye-jin. He is on a roll after the marriage and continuing his acting career. Many women who don’t know about his private life well would think he is still a single as his characters have usually been unmarried men. We can’t conceal our envy of his wife.
Kim Kang-woo plays rookie prosecutor Kang Do-yoon who is involved in a conspiracy after his sister was killed by a mysterious murder case. 
♥ We acknowledge his marriage because he got married to Lee Bo-young  - Ji SungJi sung got married to actress Lee Bo-young in September 9th. They looked so happy that many offered hearty congratulations to them. We are curious about his marriage life after the marriage of the century.
Ji Sung will make a comeback with new movie ‘Good Friends’, which he started filming last January starring Ju Ji-hoon, Lee Kwang-soo.

Written by Han Jihee, Photo by Belactors, NEW, CJ Entertainment, Translated by Lee Sarah | April 17 2014 | Get it K

I pray for all the passengers/crew/staff/rescuers/survivors and the family (of the people on board) of SEWOL...

irilight said: willenette said: She said, "I thought we were going to yell 'hooray!' at the top of the mountain but my husband was already long gone ahead".

Guest adikkeluangman

Kwon Sang Woo reveals he still cries when watching 'Stairway to Heaven' 
kwon-sang-woo_1399229039_af_org.jpg

Actor Kwon Sang Woo revealed that he still teared up whenever he watched one of his most famous drama works, 'Stairway to Heaven'! 
"Different from my other works, 'Stairway of Heaven' is one drama that I can always watch again," he shared during a recent appearance on a Chinese variety show. "I was watching it on cable, and I got invested and cried along with the story." 
"I think I'm good at putting myself into sad scenes," he revealed. "Since I grew up with many hardships, it helps me get into the emotions." 
Let's be honest - who doesn't cry when they watch 'Stairway to Heaven'?
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/05/kwon-sang-woo-reveals-he-still-cries-when-watching-stairway-to-heaven

This drama is my first kdrama sort-of and it is nostalgic. Hey, I can watch his shower-abs-crying forever in this drama.

adikkeluangman said: Kwon Sang Woo reveals he still cries when watching 'Stairway to Heaven' 
Actor Kwon Sang Woo revealed that he still teared up whenever he watched one of his most famous drama works, 'Stairway to Heaven'! 
"Different from my other works, 'Stairway of Heaven' is one drama that I can always watch again," he shared during a recent appearance on a Chinese variety show. "I was watching it on cable, and I got invested and cried along with the story." 
"I think I'm good at putting myself into sad scenes," he revealed. "Since I grew up with many hardships, it helps me get into the emotions." 
Let's be honest - who doesn't cry when they watch 'Stairway to Heaven'?
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/05/kwon-sang-woo-reveals-he-still-cries-when-watching-stairway-to-heaven

This drama is my first kdrama sort-of and it is nostalgic. Hey, I can watch his shower-abs-crying forever in this drama.

class="content-title" K-Entertainment Kids as Famous as Their Celebrity Parents by crystalcove May 4, 2014

K-Entertainment Kids as Famous as Their Celebrity Parents

May 5 is Children’s Day in Korea, and in celebration, we’re bringing the cutest kids in Korean entertainment, not only famous because of their parents, but also as little actors and actresses, to commercial film stars, and famous TV personalities in of themselves.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Kwonsangwoo+Luke7.jpg

credit : soompi news

Guest adikkeluangman

Kwon Sang Woo Confesses That He Cried While Watching “Stairway to Heaven” Again 
201011032004141.jpg
 On May 2, actor Kwon Sang Woo made an appearance as a guest on a Chinese variety program called “Bring You the Stars.” During this broadcast, the actor talked about the behind-the-scenes stories of his most famous drama “Stairway to Heaven,” as well as about his life as an actor. 
Kwon Sang Woo shared a story about how he shed tears while re-watching “Stairway to Heaven.” He explained, “Unlike many of my other works, ‘Stairway to Heaven’ is one that I don’t mind watching again. I stumbled across a channel that was showing a rerun of the drama and I got so absorbed in it that I cried along with the characters.” The actor’s surprising confession showed his special affection for the well-known drama. 
When asked about the reason why he is chosen as number one for being casted in tragic love productions, Kwon Sang Woo answered, “I think it might be due to the fact that I am able to focus all of my concentration during sad scenes.” He added, “Because I have seen and been through many difficult circumstances in the past, it helps me emotionally with my acting,” as he shared about his childhood and growing up without a father. 
The actor revealed behind-the-scenes details of “Stairway to Heaven.” He said, “In the drama, there were particularly a lot of running scenes. I ran in dress shoes for over five hours for the scene where I had to run at almost the same speed as a car, in order to catch up with Jung Seo (Choi Ji Woo), who was on a bus. 
Kwon Sang Woo also said that he would like to continue acting even after 20 years from now–regardless of the possibility of being a supporting role—proving his passion for acting.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/05/04/kwon-sang-woo-confesses-that-he-cried-while-watching-stairway-to-heaven-again/#.U2ho962Sxc8

• 2 weeks later...

class="at_title"Kwon Sang Woo, No Min Woo and Uhm Tae Woong Attend the VIP Premiere of Upcoming Film 'Obsessed' - May 12, 2014 [PHOTOS]

credit : Nancyzak - BIKIM thread

kwon-sang-woo-no-min-woo-and-uhm-tae-woo

Kwon Sang Woo, No Min Woo and Uhm Tae Woong Attend the VIP Premiere of Upcoming Film 'Obsessed'

source : kpopstarz