Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

***OMG - that boy is freakingly cute & big now! Luke looks like him a lot.L-)

class="content-title"Kwon Sang Woo’s Son Luke Might Appear in “Daddy, Where Are You Going?”

Kwon Sang Woo’s Son Luke Might Appear in “Daddy, Where Are You Going?”

Actor Kwon Sang Woo recently drew attention for mentioning entertainment program, MBC‘s ”Daddy, where are you going?

During one of his interviews, the actor shared, “I’ve recently began watching ’Daddy, where are you going?’ I think if my son Luke were to appear on the show, he would be popular.” He went on, “I always liked kids, but I never imagined how it would feel to have my own child. When Luke was born, I thought he was absolutely precious.” The actor then went on to show reporters pictures  his son Luke that he had saved on his phone. 

Netizens who read about Kwon Sang Woo’s affectionate and fatherly nature remarked, “If Kwon Sang Woo is mentioning the show, I hope that means we’ll be seeing Luke soon!”, “Please don’t just mention the show, but make an appearance on it with your son!” and “It would be so adorable to see Kwon Sang Woo and his son on the show together!” 

luke.jpg

luke2.jpg

credit : soompi news

Kwon Sang Woo talks about TVXQ's Yunho

20130411_1365645516_81272900_1_59_201304
Actor Kwon Sang Woo recently had an interview and talked about TVXQ's Jung Yunho who was his co-star in SBS' drama 'Queen of Ambition'. During the interview, Kwon Sang Woo said 'Yunho is the most unexpected person I've ever met.' talking about Yunho. "He is a great person, really kind and sometimes looks foolish because of his innocence. Hope we could become closer." He continued "Yunho had a hard time during the filming of the drama but never showed a bad attitude but instead overcame all the hardships he encountered. As a member of TVXQ, he didn't act like a superior during the drama filming and was down-to-earth" 
He then praised Yunho for his improvements in acting as it is not his specialty. Kwon Sang Woo stated "He improved a lot since the first time I saw him. He is the most unexpected person I've ever met."

Written by: angelclowie18@dkpopnews.net

*** Yeah, I do agree with him – because following how the ratings flow including   some shallow netizens' cravings can be irritating. I know they carry a lot of weight over there but it shouldn’t be the gauge of how the story will be written. Sadly, but, I don't think it'll change any time soon...since this has been going on now for quite a long while in the K-industry. It is very sad that actors have to put up with this kind of environment with no changes for the better in sight. I think the system should change to pre-produced content.L-)

class="content-title"Kwon Sang Woo Expresses Frustration Over the K-Drama Production System

Kwon Sang Woo Expresses Frustration Over the K-Drama Production System

In a recent interview with TV Daily, Kwon Sang Woo discussed the ups and downs of the Korean drama filming system.

In an industry that produces two,  sixty-minute dramas per week, the schedule is tight, the work is hard, and the rewards can seem disproportionate to the effort and love put into it by actors, writers, directors, and staff.  With frequent news of car accidents due to an exhausting schedule, last-minute script revisions in response to ratings, and sudden cuts and extensions in the middle of broadcast, the filming environment can appear harsh and unforgiving.

Actor Kwon Sang Woo recently expressed frustration over this kind of environment when he wrote on his fan café, “I think Ha Ryu really became ha ryu. Acting and many other things are stressing me out. I can only wish for the script to come out well.” Kwon Sang Woo seemed to be playing with words as his character name in the drama “Queen of Ambition”, Ha Ryu, can also mean in Korean “downhill.” At that point, there were about six episodes left in the drama and viewers were noticing a slow-down in plot pace and a decreasing relevance of the Ha Ryu character.

When the TV Daily reporter asked Kwon Sang Woo, “Before ‘Queen of Ambition,’ you said you thought you were forgotten by the public. What are your thoughts now?”

Kwon Sang Woo replied, “I don’t know where I have reached as an actor. I don’t think there will be a lot of dramas this year that will reach the ratings of ‘Queen of Ambition.’ But I don’t think the viewers like me as much as they like the drama. Since actors are people too, they have to be able to like the last-minute script, but I kept on pushing away the script from my heart. I would only read it once.”

The reporter then asked, “Do you have a problem with the production system?”

Kwon Sang Woo answered, “I don’t have a problem. If I did, I shouldn’t be acting in this type of environment. Korean dramas might be popular internationally because we film this way. It’s not good for an actor to be filming a long time in a high-tension environment either. It’s equally exhausting to be filming a mini-series for half a year. But if actors can act knowing the ending or the script, it would be good. It’s not that I have a problem with the drama itself. I am just saddened that the assessment [of the drama] does not correlate to the ratings.”

“Queen of Ambition” finished high in ratings, recording 25%, but reportedly, scripts came out page by page until the very end with none of the actors knowing how the drama will finish.

What do you think Soompiers? Does the Korean drama production system need to change?

Hi :-h
@willenette

Thanks for all the posts on KSW.
He's such a hottie and so lucky to have a cute son, Luke & beautiful wife.
He is so adorable and hope one day he will be a good actor as his father. :D

Any idea, when is KSW new project :)

class="cb b15"Should Kdrama’s Fast-Paced Production Schedules Change?

Kwon Sang Woo

The ending of your next favorite kdrama is going to be sad, no, happy, no, make that hopeful. Well, says the director and the writer, maybe not. Let's just figure it out when we get there. Let's see what the audience wants.

While kdramas have more fans every day, partly because they are so interactive, the way they must be filmed to achieve that flexibility has been criticized. The criticism is aimed at the often-unrealistic pace of filming schedules.

Although filming may begin months in advance, most drama episodes are filmed and edited the same week they are shown. So, if you are seeing that drama, with subtitles, on a Thursday, that very episode may have been filmed in Seoul on a Monday. That's a filming schedule unheard of in other countries.

Part of the reason this happens is that kdramas are interactive. You start with a flexible storyline and then depending on viewer response, you can add episodes or change the course of the story. If viewers are not responding favorably, it's still possible to steer your story in another direction. Scripts are often written or rewritten while filming has already started. See the dramas "King of Dramas" and "Worlds Within" for an inside look at the way it works.

Actor Kwon Sang Woo, who recently appeared in "Queen of Ambition," was asked if he had a problem with the kdrama production system because of his comments about script changes during filming.

"I don't have a problem. If I did, I shouldn't be acting in this type of environment," said Kwon. "Korean dramas might be popular internationally because we film this way."

While flexibility may be part of the appeal, it makes for crazy schedules.

"I filmed all through the night until 6 o'clock this morning, and went home only to shower," said actress Yeom Jung Ah, when she was filming the drama "Royal Family."

The drama required several all-night shoots.

So if you see actors crying during a drama, it could just be due to missing a few nights' sleep. But sleep deprivation can have serious side effects. It can result in car accidents when crew and cast are driving home, as well as on-set injuries. Actors also suffer from exhaustion ironically forcing unscheduled delays in production.

Actor Lee Soon Jae who appeared in "My Princess" and the "High Kick" series, said that such conditions do not encourage actors to be in dramas.

One possible fix would be that production companies require scripts to be finished before shooting starts, so actors have time to study their lines and production can set up shots.

According to Kwon Sang Woo, the schedules are demanding but it's not good for an actor to be filming a long time in a high-tension environment either.

"It's equally exhausting to be filming a mini-series for half a year," said Kwon. "But if actors can act knowing the ending or the script, it would be good."

Or would it? Not if the end is going to be changed.

source : KDramaStars

Guest kdramafanusa

[interview] Kwon Sang Woo Says ′Yawang′ Was a Half-Success

2013-04-20 17:00  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld An So Hyoun

Original Article: http://enews24.interest.me/news/article.asp?nsID=144915
Translation Credit : Erika Kim  http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/contents.asp?idx=34285

Kwon Sang Woo successfully brought a difficult drama, one that involved his playing two roles with tensions running high everywhere, but he didn′t seem satisfied.

He said it felt something like he had lathered himself and forgotten to wash it off.

His SBS drama Yawang was expected to showcase a satisfying revenge of Ha Ryu (Kwon Sang Woo) against Da Hae (Soo Ae), but it petered down near its conclusion when Ha Ryu was shunted aside and wasn′t given the chance to perfect his complete revenge.

78908481.jpg

It seems you feel sorry about your character.

"I was happy with the viewership ratings. At first I was able to act as much as I wanted with my character, but later on he became boring and his presence wasn′t that exciting. I think he lost his strength when everyone started to feel chased [by the drama′s schedules]."

Did you ever complain about what happened?

"I′ve never called up the writer of my pieces. I′m not of that kind. There are actors who are enthusiastic in such ways and those who are not. I believe that the script is up to the writer, and everyone should do his or her best in their own roles. I did tell the director once, but because everything′s so rushed on set my opinions aren′t really accepted."

Are you saying ′Yawang′ wasn′t a good piece?

"Yawang is a drama that′s never boring during the hour it plays. It has many strengths. It′s just that since I′m looking for more from it I feel disappointed. There′s a reason why so many people loved it."

It seems you now have many concerns as an actor.

"I can′t figure out what kind of actor I am. I keep wondering why people like me and in what aspects I lack. I think I should act in more good pieces. I need that one big blow. I think such concerns came to me after I got married. It′s different for me now since I′m a married man. Rather than take a rest, I want to meet a good piece soon."

34285004.jpg

What kind of actor would you like to be remembered as?

"I read everything that comes up about me when I type my name on internet searches. I think a lot of people like how I appeared in My Tutor Friend the best. I′m sure I can do well in romantic comedy. I want to build a film that can show who Kwon Sang Woo is. My recent pieces were all mostly dark. There are times when you like such moods. Now, though, I think I′ve escaped it. I want to act in a character that′s easily approachable."

How have you been doing these days after the conclusion of your drama?

"I drink and I take Rook Hee to kindergarten because my wife has her own shoots. I can′t sleep in. The kindergarten′s in Gangnam and we have to get there by 10 but our house is located in Pangyo. I′m so happy whenever I take a walk with my child around the neighborhood. I hope my life outside of acting will always be like this."

Your wife, Son Tae Young, has also started working again; how do you see it?

"My wife was never really determined to continue with her job so she took care of the household. I didn′t really interfere with her decision. I did, however, advise her to start working again because I thought it would become too boring if she took a break for too long. It felt good when people told me she looks pretty. I haven′t been contacted for a cameo yet. I can′t say I′ll be a cameo when I haven′t been contacted by the show first, can I? (Laugh)"

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan

class="content-title"Kwon Sang Woo: “Many Viewers Thought My Character Was Too Stupid To Execute A Proper Revenge”

Kwon Sang Woo: “Many Viewers Thought My Character Was Too Stupid To Execute A Proper Revenge”

Actor Kwon Sang Woo recently sat down for an interview with ENT and opened up about his previous remarks about the challenges he faced while working on ‘Queen of Ambition.’

Although being an actor in a Korean drama is hard work, Kwon Sang Woo denied that he bore any residual resentment toward the chaotic and stressful production process.

He began by saying, “While it’s a fact that filming for a drama is hard work, I still find it enjoyable. Actors who are unable to stay agile and flexible to the changing environment of a drama shoot, often avoid dramas if possible. But if overcoming those challenges allows viewers to recognize your hard work, then I would say that is the upside of being in the Korean drama business.”

And even though Kwon Sang Woo stated that he does feel some attachment to his character Ha Ryu, it won’t be difficult for him to move on. He admitted, “It’s actually easy for me to step out of my character once the shoot ends (laugh). There’s a saying that ‘actors have a glass of soju each night because they’re unable to step out of character,’ but I don’t understand how that’s possible. Actors who worked on ‘Queen of Ambition’ probably went through a lot however, because this drama is about characters who lead seemingly normal lives that fall apart in the end.” 

He continued to talk about his character Ha Ryu’s plight and his struggle to portray him saying, “There were many viewers who watched ‘Queen of Ambition’ and complained, ‘Why doesn’t Ha Ryu execute a proper revenge? Is he stupid?’ But our drama wasn’t about a man’s thirst for revenge but the melodramatic storyline. I think a lot of viewers were disappointed with the lack of character development for Ha Ryu that explained his conflict of emotions and torment.”

Kwon Sang Woo also talked about his devotion to his family over his career saying, “Even if I’ve had little to no sleep for five days straight, I’ll wake up with my wife each morning to take our son Luke to pre-school. And of course if my wife has to go to work that day, I’ll be the one to take him. Luke is so easy to care for though, and I think that’s because his mother dotes on him so much (laugh). We want Luke to have a sibling sometime next year, but not now since my wife and I are pretty busy.”

class="content-title"Son Tae Young and Kwon Sang Woo’s Son Luke Thinks His Dad Is Better Than Jo In Sung

Son Tae Young and Kwon Sang Woo’s Son Luke Thinks His Dad Is Better Than Jo In Sung

On the recent episode of KBS’s “Happy Together 3,” which was aired on May 2, actress Son Tae Young appeared and revealed her son Luke’s love for his father, Kwon Sang Woo.

Son Tae Young stated, “Luke shows unending love only for his father. When we asked him who is cooler between his father and actor Jo In Sung, Luke chose his father without hesitation.”

Son Tae Young continued sadly, “Luke likes his father more than me. When he watches my drama ‘The Best Lee Soon Shin,’ he looks bored. But when he watched Kwon Sang Woo’s ‘Night King,’ where he showed off some fancy action scenes, Luke loved it.”

Meanwhile, Son Tae Young and Kwon Sang Woo got married in September 2008. Luke was born the next year in February. After four years of concentrating on her family, Son Tae Young recently made her comeback via KBS’s “The Best Lee Soon Shin.”

Guest naruto00

Kwon Sang-woo seen at the airport

photo306575.jpg

Actor kwon Sang-woo was seen at the airport.

kwon Sang-woo who was recently seen in the drama "Yawang" playing two roles, showed up at the airport proving the fact that he was a known fashionista in the entertainment biz.

The fashion he chose for the airport this day was a black shirt with black pants and a khaki colored leather jacket. He carried matching MCM's First Homme backpack and sunglasses.

Meanwhile, kwon Sang-woo departed for Zurich for the MCM Flagship Store Opening Event as the only Asian actor invited.

Source : www.sportsworldi.com/... ( English )

www.hancinema.net

class="cb b15"Kdrama Couple: Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young have been married for five years now. Both their marriage and careers are going strong. Son Tae Young plays Lee Hye Shin, Lee Shin Soon's older sister in "You're the Best Lee Shin Soon." Kwon recently played the devoted husband Ha Ryu in "Yawang," with his wife doing a cameo performance in that drama.

When they were recently photographed at a film event, they were holding hands and smiling at each other.

But their current marital and career success would have been hard to predict given the fuss fans caused when Kwon first announced he was marrying the former Miss Korea.

"After I got married, membership in my fan cafe dwindled from 240,000 to 135,000. It was like a stock market crash," said Kwon.

Although fans were not initially kind to Son, they seem to have come around to the relationship and both actors' careers are thriving.

Kwon began his career as a model and played his first lead role in the comedy, "Make It Big" with his real-life best friend Song Seung Hoon. He became very popular in China, starring in Chinese films and TV dramas.

Son Tae Young appeared in the dramas "One Million Roses" and "Two Wives," and hosted beauty and fashion programs, such as "Son Tae-young's Life Magazine" and "Son Tae-young's W Show!"

Kim Sung Soo, Kwon's co-star in the drama "Bad Love," introduced the couple at a dinner party. Kwon expressed an interest in meeting Son Tae Young after seeing her on MBC's "Come To Play."

"That's why I set up a meet and we drank together," said Kim. Another person, who also wanted to meet her, came too but he had to leave early. "Kwon Sang Woo stayed until the end and was able to win her heart."

The couple married in 2008. The next year, Son Tae Young gave birth to their son, Luke, who is nicknamed Rookie. For the first four years, she focused on raising Luke, but has since returned to work and Kwon supports her decision. He showed his support by sending her a celebratory cake during the shooting for her show, "Son Tae Young's W Show!" 

"Since both Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young are very busy, they can't spend much time together these days," said Son's stylist. "But they are a close couple so they take care of each other a lot and are very affectionate."

The couple recently appeared on the KBS show "Happy Together 3," where they discussed their son.

"Luke likes his father more than me," said Son. "When he watches my drama, he looks bored. But when he watched Kwon Sang Woo's drama, where he showed off some fancy action scenes, Luke loves it."

Given his parents, Luke will probably grow up to film some action-or romantic-scenes of his own.

source : KDramaStars

Guest mi2u2

class="headline"Kwon Sang woo to attend an event as the only celebrity from Asia to Zurich, Switzerland!

f9cxoj7nvt17qdsu0fye68ifkji6iein.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun] Kwon Sang woo was invited to German brand MCM flagship store opening event in Zurich, Switzerland.
On May 7th, German luxury brand MCM’s flagship store grand opening event was held in Zurich, Switzerland. At the event the only invited celebrity from Asia, Kwon Sang woo, and the CEO of ‘Sungjoo Group’ Kim Sung joo, MCM Global design manager Adrian Joseph Magelist, and ex-Miss Switzerland and actress Fiona Hefty were there. 
Besides these celebrities, there were VIP media staffs from Germany, Korea, and China, and other important opinion leaders came and shined the event.
At the red carpet, Kwon Sang woo showed up in navy suits with red rose as a point item and proved to be a fashionista. In addition, he shot fashion pictorials with magazine ELLE the day before the event. (photo by MCM)

Credit: ph.omg.yahoo.com

Guest mi2u2

mcm130507S_0463.jpg

Chairperson & Chief Visionary Officer Sung-Joo Kim at the Zurich store opening ceremony

German luxury brand MCM has announced the opening of its latest flagship boutique in Switzerland. Located in Zurich at the heart of the Old Town in Münsterhof, the shop is the brand’s first standalone boutique in Switzerland.

mcm130507S_0555.jpg

mcm130507S_0430.jpg

mcm130507S_0592.jpg

Credit: moodiereport.com

Guest wutmuvi

More pix of KSW at MCM's store opening in Zurich.  Handsome....  :x :x :x

d0149345_2215515.jpg
Credit: woosang.exblog.jp

20130507-IMG_1003.jpg

20130507-IMG_0997.jpg

Credit: chic-in-zurich.ch

stevanbukvic1.jpeg

stevanbukvic23.jpeg

stevanbukvic24.jpeg

stevanbukvic27.jpeg

stevanbukvic104.jpeg

stevanbukvic105.jpeg
stevanbukvic111.jpeg

stevanbukvic123.jpeg

Credit: ch.tilllate.com

Guest TY_KSW

naruto00 said:

Kwon Sang-woo seen at the airport

photo306575.jpg

Actor kwon Sang-woo was seen at the airport.

kwon Sang-woo who was recently seen in the drama "Yawang" playing two roles, showed up at the airport proving the fact that he was a known fashionista in the entertainment biz.

The fashion he chose for the airport this day was a black shirt with black pants and a khaki colored leather jacket. He carried matching MCM's First Homme backpack and sunglasses.

Meanwhile, kwon Sang-woo departed for Zurich for the MCM Flagship Store Opening Event as the only Asian actor invited.

Source : www.sportsworldi.com/... ( English )

www.hancinema.net