Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

"Yawang" Soo-ae sees Kwon Sang-woo 'hosting'

photo276463.jpg

Soo-ae threatens Kwon Hyeon-sang.

On the third episode of the SBS drama "Yawang", Joo Da-hae (Soo-ae) sees Ha-ryu (kwon Sang-woo) working at a host bar.

Shocked, Da-hae met Yang Taek-bae (Kwon Hyeon-sang) on her way out of the bar and hears from him how Ha-ryu got to work there.

He said, "It's been 5 years. He's been working here all this time to make money for your school". Joo Da-hae told him, "Listen to me. Don't ever tell him I was here. I wasn't here and we never met. If you do then we are over".

Yang promised to keep the secret.

Source : tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema

*** No contest - hands down – a muscle man all the way - hahaha. KSW just gets better with age. That man is yummy! I love that good shirtless shot. He is too damn tempting on that picture. You know that I’m always loyal when it comes to KSW! Up down to front, it is all good. “Yawang” has some awesome shirtless shots, so I am enjoying the heck out of that drama. Kwon Sang Woo any time any day. His facial features seem more defined. :)>-

Photoshoot face-off: Monday hotties

by girlfriday | January 21, 2013

You know what they say — there’s nothing like a group of Monday hotties to cure the Monday blues. Meet the contestants of today’s face-off: the men of Monday/Tuesday dramas and their battle against questionable fashions. I know, you’re thinking, “Isn’t it enough that they have to battle each other in dramaland?” It’s true; we could let the dramas speak for themselves and not let such shallow concerns factor into it. But what fun would life be if it were fair and sensical?

First up: the boys of tvN’s Flower Boy Next Door, Yoon Shi-yoon, Kim Ji-hoon, Mizuta Kouki, Kim Jung-san, and Go Kyung-pyo, for Vogue Girl. The upside is, they have strength in numbers; downside is plaid pants and ascots. I’m not sure any of that matters though, when Yoon Shi-yoon and Kim Ji-hoon are working the pants off of that camera. Sizzle.

Then there’s School 2013′s resident bad boy (er, okay so he’s one of like seventeen bad boys on this show) Kim Woo-bin for Dazed & Confused magazine. Uh… so the title is literal then? I’m pretty sure he might be wearing a skirt over jeans, but that’s nothing compared to the hair. It actually makes him look lopsided. There’s windswept, and then there’s this. What this shoot is missing: sense. Also, Lee Jong-seok.

And last but not least, we have new Monday/Tuesday contender Yawang’s leading man Kwon Sang-woo for Cosmopolitan. I… have failed to find any flaws. I checked. Carefully. Huh, whadduya mean you don’t wear dress shoes, body oil, and a velvet coat suited for vampires and/or Prince to go work out? That’s absurd.

What say ye — flower boys, bad boys, or muscle men for the win?

KwonSangWoo5.jpg

KwonSangWoo6.jpg

Via Sports Seoul, DongA, Chosun

class="content-title"Kwon Sang Woo Reveals the Naked Truth, with His Naked Back?

Kwon Sang Woo Reveals the Naked Truth, with His Naked Back?

Kwon Sang Woo took part in an interview photo shoot for the February edition of Cosmopolitan. Kwon Sang Woo showed off a strong and fit body despite the fact that he is now past thirty years old. His herculean body shows what true perfection might look like.

During the photo shoot interview, Kwon Sang Woo was asked about his character in SBS “Night King.” Kwon Sang Woo answered, “He is a character that can show all of my sides from innocent to beast.” Also, Kwon Sang Woo spoke about his upcoming Chinese film “Chinese Zodiac,” “It was a dream working with Jackie Chan because he was my hero when I was little. I hope this film will also have a good reaction in South Korea.”

Look forward to the Cosmopolitan February issue that shows Kwon Sang Woo baring it all!

htm_20130121105203718.jpg

htm_20130121105153046.jpg

credit : soompi news

Thanks for the updating Will! Wow the topless pix.. my sweating sweating!!Could you get the rating on new drama Yawang for ep 3-4 ? I wonder if it increasing? kkkk

Guest fantast1k1

There's no doubt that KSW is like wine...gets better with age ^:)^That body says it best!  Thanks for posting the Cosmo pix:x

@willenette Basically those days I had only 2 or 3 hours of sleep max.  Of course, I fast forwarded and skip the unnecessary scenes that's why I could finish STH quick. :) It is one of my best dramas of all time. Yawang is one of my best drama's list too.  KSW's acting is outstanding to me.  He expressed his role as Ha Ryu so well and make me cry a bucket,I don't think any other actor could surpass him in this role.

CuteEunByul.gif
cute Eun Byul

gummyworm.gif
love the father and daughter relationship

departure2.gif

HaRyuDaHae.gif

BeStrongHaRyu.gif

swing.gif

ebhr.gif

***I don’t understand what he said, what he meant…..:(

class="content-title"Kwon Sang Woo: “I’ve Been Used by Those Who Saw Me as Money”

Kwon Sang Woo: “I’ve Been Used by Those Who Saw Me as Money”

Kwon Sang Woo appeared on the most recent episode of SBS “One Night of TV Entertainment” and talked about his best and worst moment since his debut. He stated, “The best moment of my career is right after my debut, when I didn’t have any apprehension about acting. I didn’t have much, but I wasn’t afraid. I think that was the happiest time. I had nothing to be afraid of.”

He continued and talked about the time he considers as the worst in his career. He said, “The worst moment was when I became popular in Japan and some people around me started to see me as money. I think I’ve been used a lot during that time. It hurt my career and my public image. To be honest, it’s just sad.” 

Kwon Sang Woo explained, “Frankly, that whole situation didn’t really have much to do with me. People around me have done the damage and I didn’t even get a chance to explain myself. I think that was the worst and the saddest part of it all.” 

kwonsangwoo.jpg

@Willenette I think back in few years KSW had scandal with angst.  Probably, people who sponsor him to JP's show that did things behind him that he didn't know and he gets the blame for it and it affecting his career big time.

class="art_title"Kwon Sang-woo Wins Back Fans as Jilted Lover in SBS Soap Kwon Sang-woo Kwon Sang-woo

Actor Kwon Sang-woo seems to be successfully returning to the spotlight from which he has faded in the last few years as he is appearing in a hit Chinese movie and a popular new SBS drama that is garnering positive feedback from TV viewers and critics alike.

The soap, "King of Ambition," revolves around a man who takes revenge on his ex-girlfriend after she betrays him. In the first few installments of the show, Kwon focuses on showing his utter devotion to his partner.

"I think we have made a good start. I appreciate the good reviews of my acting skills, but the most important thing is that we get high viewing figures," he said with a smile.

Kwon rose to fame with hit movies including "My Tutor Friend" and "Once Upon A Time in High School." But since the late 2000s, he has been out of luck in selecting the right films. "I didn't realize it at the time, but in retrospect I probably went through a bit of a slump," he said. "I often felt as though I was out of touch with what the public wanted. Now I select my scripts much more carefully."

"12 Chinese Zodiac Heads," the current No. 1 movie at the Chinese box office that stars Kwon and Jackie Chan as lead characters, has served as a turning point for him. "It was an honor for me to work with Jackie. And now I feel even happier as the film is proving a hit," he said. "It took around 10 months to shoot. Due to my busy schedule with the TV drama, I haven't even seen the finished version yet." He added that he was impressed by both Chan's humility and passion for the craft as the Chinese star was even willing to perform manual works while shooting the film.

Meanwhile, in the second episode of the new drama aired on Jan. 15, Kwon's wife, actress Son Tae-young, appeared in a cameo role. "She's a really nice woman and a good actress. As she had to deal with a lot of celebrity gossip and rumors since we got hitched, I always feel sorry for putting her through this," Kwon said. "I hope her recent cameo appearance helps her return to the acting field."

Credit: Chosunilbo

willenette said: mi2u2 said: @Willenette I think back in few years KSW had scandal with angst.  Probably, people who sponsor him to JP's show that did things behind him that he didn't know and he gets the blame for it and it affecting his career big time.

*** It looks tasty.:)>-

class="content-title"Kwon Sang Woo Gifts Wife Son Tae Young with Pretty Cake

Kwon Sang Woo Gifts Wife Son Tae Young with Pretty Cake

Kwon Sang Woo has recently showed his affections for his wife by gifting her with a pretty cake.

On January 30, Son Tae Young‘s stylist posted a photo of Son Tae Young holding up a pretty cake on Facebook. According to this stylist, the cake was sent by Kwon Sang Woo during the shooting for Son Tae Young’s new show, “Son Tae Young’s W Show.” It was a surprise gift for Son Tae Young, who was reportedly very surprised and happy.

013013_son-tae-young.jpg

The stylist commented, “Since both Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young are very busy, they can’t spend much time together these days. But they are a close couple so they take care of each other a lot and express affections to each other often,” and “Due to Kwon Sang Woo’s surprise gift, Son Tae Young was able to happily shoot her show and the female staff couldn’t hide their jealousy at Kwon Sang Woo’s affections.”

Son Tae Young’s show will air in March and she has also joined the cast for The Best Lee Soon Shin” along with IU and Jo Jung Suk. Kwon Sang Woo is currently in the drama, “Night King.”

More Korean TV stars act abroad By Shim Sun-ah

SEOUL, Feb. 4 (Yonhap) -- Korean TV stars have become known internationally through hit Korean television series that have graced the small screen worldwide like "Winter Sonata" (2002), "Jewel in the Palace" (2003) and "Jumong" (2006). Now, with a larger audience, these Korean household names are boldly extending their reach by acting abroad -- primarily in Hollywood and China.

Standing at the cusp of international stardom are Lee Byung-hun, Kim Yun-jin and Bae Doona.

(skipped unrelated.....)

In the Chinese film industry, Korean stars Song Hye-kyo, Kwone Sang-woo and Jang Dong-gun have also been active.

Kwone knocked on the door of the Chinese market with the country's romantic comedy "Shadow of Love" co-starring Hong Kong actress Cecelia Cheung last year.

He later captivated Chinese movie goers with "CZ12," also known as "Chinese Zodiac," a 2012 Hong Kong-Chinese action film written, directed by, and starring world-renowned action star Jackie Chan. Released in December, the film to date has grossed over US$137 million at the Chinese box office.

AEN20130204003900315_04_i.jpg

sshim@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

"Yawang" Kwon Sang-woo cries in agony at Park Min-ha's death

photo279658.jpg

kwon Sang-woo cried in sorrow as Park Min-ha died.

Eun-byeol (Park Min-ha) was killed when she was hit by a truck in the SBS drama "Yawang".

Joo Da-hye (Soo-ae) met her daughter for the first time since she came back to Korea. She was afraid her murder would be revealed and was planning on running away to the States with her daughter. They went shopping and had good food.

Ha-ryu (kwon Sang-woo) was in jail for 4 years for deserting a dead body.

On the day she was supposed to leave, Joo Da-hye met Baek Do-hoon (U-Know) who came to see her off. That's when Eun-byeol ran into the road to get her ball that rolled off. A truck hit her and Joo Da-hye couldn't do anything while watching this.

Ha-ryu came out from prison to attend the funeral and started crying at the news of his daughter's death.

Meanwhile, Seong Ji-roo appeared as his cell mate.

Source : xportsnews.hankyung.c... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema