Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Lee Il Hwa Cast As Kwon Sang Woo’s Mother in ‘Yawang’

Lee Il Hwa is the latest individual to join the cast of SBS’ upcoming Yawang.

The drama’s producers revealed on December 19 that the actress had joined the ensemble and had filmed her first scenes with Kwon Sang woo on December 17.

21955646.jpg

In the drama, Lee Il Hwa will play Hong An Shim, the mother-like figure who raised Kwon Sang Woo’s Ha Ryu character from his childhood in an orphanage.

On joining, Lee Il Hwa shared, “With such a fun story, I’m looking forward to working with the other actors and have a lot of anticipation. Always with a grateful heart, I want to put in my best.”

Lee Il Hwa currently stars in the KBS drama, Love Love but most recently gained notoriety for playing the mother of Sung Si Won (Jung Eun Ji) on tvN’s Reply 1997.

Photo Credit: Verdi Media / enewsworld

Guest kswfanhnn

Lee Jae Yoon Joins ‘Yawang’ as Soo Ae’s Step Brother

Actor Lee Jae Yoon is the latest to come on board SBS’ Yawang.

The actor has joined the cast and will portray the role of Joo Yang Hun, the step-brother of Soo Ae’s Joo Da Hae character.

In the drama’s storyline, Joo Yang Hun is the older step-brother of Joo Da Hae who wass adopted into the family as a child. Both endure a childhood full of hurtful memories and incidences involving their father.

35745300.jpg

To make things more complicated, Joo Yang Hun develops forbidden feelings for his step-sister and goes out of his way and even carries out deeds that no human should do to protect his sister.

Unlike the gentler and kinder characters he has portrayed in the past, Lee Jae Yoon will look to show an entirely new side of him through ths new role.

Yawang premiers on SBS in January.

Credit: SBS /enewsworld

Guest kswfanhnn

Will Soo Ae, Kwon Sang Woo’s Chemistry Off-Set Carry Over on Screen?

As the leads of SBS’ upcoming Yawang, Soo Ae and Kwon Sang Woo are carrying much of the drama’s expectations but so far, the two are already gathering their share of praise from the drama’s staff.

43884880.jpg

New behind-the-scenes still cuts of Soo Ae and Kwon Sang Woo were released by the show’s producers on December 20 showing the two leads on the drama’s set.

The two actors’ chemistry and commitment to the drama were evident with one picture showing them going over their lines even during meals.

Another cut showed Soo Ae laughing as Kwon Sang Woo humorously rehearsed a line in front of her.

According to staff on the set, the two are continuing to show remarkable chemistry together, while tirelessly rehearsing their lines in a seemingly endless fashion. Another added while it’s uncommon for male and female leads to grow close right off the bat, Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae have been proving otherwise as they joke around and are seen being friendly even when the cameras are off.

17433756.jpg

The two actors didn’t hold back their compliments for each other either with Soo Ae saying of her co-star, “My character is one I need to really focus on but [Kwon Sang Woo] goes so much out of the way for me that I’m very comfortable.”

Kwon Sang Woo responded, “Her character is one I really must give my all to and I find myself being able to do that naturally.”

Yawang premieres in January on SBS.

Credit: SBS / enewsworld

kswfanhnn said:

Will Soo Ae, Kwon Sang Woo’s Chemistry Off-Set Carry Over on Screen?

As the leads of SBS’ upcoming Yawang, Soo Ae and Kwon Sang Woo are carrying much of the drama’s expectations but so far, the two are already gathering their share of praise from the drama’s staff.

New behind-the-scenes still cuts of Soo Ae and Kwon Sang Woo were released by the show’s producers on December 20 showing the two leads on the drama’s set.

The two actors’ chemistry and commitment to the drama were evident with one picture showing them going over their lines even during meals.

Another cut showed Soo Ae laughing as Kwon Sang Woo humorously rehearsed a line in front of her.

According to staff on the set, the two are continuing to show remarkable chemistry together, while tirelessly rehearsing their lines in a seemingly endless fashion. Another added while it’s uncommon for male and female leads to grow close right off the bat, Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae have been proving otherwise as they joke around and are seen being friendly even when the cameras are off.

The two actors didn’t hold back their compliments for each other either with Soo Ae saying of her co-star, “My character is one I need to really focus on but [Kwon Sang Woo] goes so much out of the way for me that I’m very comfortable.”

Kwon Sang Woo responded, “Her character is one I really must give my all to and I find myself being able to do that naturally.”

Yawang premieres in January on SBS.

Credit: SBS / enewsworld

willenette said:

Behind "Yawang" Kwon Sang-woo is Son Tae-yeong

Son Tae-yeong has volunteered to be her husband's assistant. While she is taking a break from her work, she rolled up her sleeves for her husband kwon Sang-woo.

She posted the message, "KSW loves "Yawang""on her Facebook and various SNS. She was also seen at several events and supported the drama and her husband.

The family of three went on a vacation with their son Rook-hee before Kwon went into shoot. Son Tae-yeong is also taking more care of the child so that Kwon can concentrate on his work.

A source says, "Their love is quite unique. Like she served everyone with healthy food on the set during "Daemul - Big Thing", she is going to do something similar this time".

Son Tae-yeong has been focusing on charity work and will come back with work next year. She has been getting several offers and she should start soon.

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema

willenette said: Hi TY, I do agree with you, dear - sad ending is the dying of the lead actor in the end. :)]

class="content-title" “Night King” Leads Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae Successfully Complete First Filming hazelnutthursdays December 15, 2012

“Night King” Leads Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae Successfully Complete First Filming

“Night King” gears up for its forthcoming January premiere date with shooting already in progress. According to reports in local news agencies, “Night King” leads Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae have already completed their first shooting sessions for the drama. Reports further said both leads “feel good” about the outcome of the drama. 

“Yesterday was the first shoot for the drama. Every time we shoot for the first time, I feel a little tension and would find it hard to sleep,” Soo Ae was quoted as saying. In the drama, Soo Ae plays a poverty-stricken woman who has the high ambition of becoming a first lady.

In turn, Kwon Sang Woo expressed confidence in the project, “I just realized this is my comeback. I have a very good hunch the drama will be a hit.” The drama is Kwon Sang Woo’s first drama in two years.

“Night King” also stars DBSK’s Yunho, Kim Sung Ryung and Go Joon Hee.

credit : soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the topic starter for the 'Queen of Ambition / Yawang' thread but I'm no longer interested in maintaining it for personal reasons. Does anyone want to take over the topic to update information on the first page? If anyone is interested, please send me a personal message and I'll let a moderator know to transfer ownership of the topic to that person. Thank you!

Guest TY_KSW

Anybody here watched Chinese Zodiac\?Wow, i watched on Dec 27Our oppa, as usual, handsome, good acting, and funny !!!  :x

Guest TY_KSW

moi said: willenette said: Hi TY, I do agree with you, dear - sad ending is the dying of the lead actor in the end. :)]

class="content-title"maybe STY could guest star in this drama n have a scene where she n Soo Ae do mud wrestling! :))

Guest TY_KSW

moi said: willenette said:

Behind "Yawang" Kwon Sang-woo is Son Tae-yeong

Son Tae-yeong has volunteered to be her husband's assistant. While she is taking a break from her work, she rolled up her sleeves for her husband kwon Sang-woo.

She posted the message, "KSW loves "Yawang""on her Facebook and various SNS. She was also seen at several events and supported the drama and her husband.

The family of three went on a vacation with their son Rook-hee before Kwon went into shoot. Son Tae-yeong is also taking more care of the child so that Kwon can concentrate on his work.

A source says, "Their love is quite unique. Like she served everyone with healthy food on the set during "Daemul - Big Thing", she is going to do something similar this time".

Son Tae-yeong has been focusing on charity work and will come back with work next year. She has been getting several offers and she should start soon.

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema

*** Kwon Sang-Woo’s teary eyes here are practically a character. KSW’s teary eyes are so different. He excels in crying scenes. His teary eyes are like a work of art. But, I’m LOVING the first poster except the "blood" - it looks like it's poorly photoshopped. I guess this would really be so dramatic. Hopefully it’ll have lighter moments too. The 1st time I said this was during his drama, "Stairway to Heaven."  This is where I started adoring him. No other melo dramas have gotten me to cry as much as that one. Best tearjerker ever: Kwon Sang Woo has many good melodramas. This actually looks like it is going to be awesome! I’m really excited for this –And it’s the trend that you have to at least have an idol in your drama so the fanbase will watch it. I heard this drama will have little twist and turn for viewer to predict the outcome.:)]

Yawang’s eye-catching promo posters

by javabeans | January 7, 2013

yawang15.jpg

Yawang has released its posters, and well, I guess you can’t say it’s just like Daemul anymore. Perhaps that was the point?

They are definitely eye-catching, although there’s no explanation as to why they’re lying there all bloody. Or why there are guns in this political drama. And don’t you suppose Su Ae and Kwon Sang-woo look entirely too content for people who have just been shot? I presume she’s the one bleeding, though it could be him; his character is described as a man who would do anything and everything for her, so taking a bullet for the potential future first lady seems to fall in line with that. Is he Secret Service? So many questions, so few answers, drama website. *pointed stare* Get to it, time’s a-tickin’. Chop chop.

On the other hand, he’s also described as going on a revenge mission when she betrays him. So… should we really be calling this Nice King of Ambition instead? (Seriously, it’s got all the key components of Nice Guy: they grew up poor together at an orphanage, he was hopelessly devoted to her, they’re separated until adulthood, his love is rekindled at their reunion, she lets her ambition to climb up the socio-political ranks overpower her love as she tosses him aside, he vows revenge… All we need is an amnesiac and a really bad car accident to finish the job.)

The poster below is a bit more standard in terms of thriller-melo fare, and features the supporting cast. They are: Jang Min, Jung Yunho, Kim Sung-ryung, and Go Jun-hee. And Kwon Sang-woo’s teary eyes; they’re practically a character in and of themselves, aren’t they?

Yawang premieres on January 14.

yawang14.jpg

Via SBS

January 10, 2013

A sneak peek at the lineup of new dramas

09224826.jpg

For Korea’s drama fans, the arrival of 2013 can mean only one thing: the new year’s new series cannot be far behind. This season promises to be an exciting one, with a big-budget 10 billion won ($8.7 million) blockbuster and the return of A-list actors and actresses after years away from the small screen. Here is a list of some of the dramas due to hit the airwaves in the near future.

“That Winter, the Wind Blows” (SBS)

Premiere: Feb. 13

Cast: Zo In-sung, Song Hye-kyo, Kim Beom, Jeong Eun-jee

Song Hye-kyo and Zo In-sung pair up as a couple in “That Winter, the Wind Blows” and these two actors are enough of a reason for many viewers to stay tuned.

It is the first drama series for Song in six years. Zo has not made a drama in eight years, and “That Winter, the Wind Blows” will be his first since being discharged from the military.

And there are other reasons to tune in. It is written by Noh Hee-kyung, who is known for her sophisticated portrayals of human relationships and poetic lines in her previous works, such as “Padam Padam: The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats” (2011-2012) and “The World That They Live In” (2008).

“That Winter, the Wind Blows” is adapted from the Japanese drama “Forget Love,” where a lonely man and woman find true love.

The man lives like there is no tomorrow after he was abandoned by his parents and failed at his first love. The woman is the heiress of a conglomerate who lives in loneliness after her family falls apart. She also suffers from sudden blindness.

These two, who used to isolate themselves from the outer world, begin to understand the meaning of life together.

“King of Ambition” (SBS)

Premiere: March 14

Cast: Kwon Sang-woo, Soo Ae and U-know Yunho

“King of Ambition” describes how desire affects one’s life, love and relationship.

The ambitious Da-hae strives to overcome dire poverty. Right next to her, there is a devoted man, Ha-ryu, who sacrifices everything for her.

The drama is based on the third installment of the “The Big Thing” comics written and drawn by Park In-kwon.

In fact, Kwon appeared in the drama version of “The Big Thing” in 2010 based on the second part of Park’s comics. Kwon played a male lead along with actress Ko Hyun-jung three years ago.

Kwon played a prosecutor who becomes a kingmaker for his love interest. He eventually helps Ko become president. If the drama version of “The Big Thing” centered upon politics and power struggle, “King of Ambition” is focused more on human desire.

Industry insiders say Kwon should offer more than what he did for “The Big Thing” and Soo Ae should show more of her charismatic sides if the new drama series is to equal the success of “The Big Thing.”

Another interesting way to watch the drama series is to pay attention to Soo Ae. She has played feminine and fragile characters, and this is her first attempt to portray a power-thirsty woman.

“Jang Ok Jung” (SBS)

Premiere: March

Cast: Kim Tae-hee

Kim Tae-hee’s first-ever period drama will be broadcast on SBS. Kim will play Jang Ok-jung, the real name of Lady Jang Hui-bin, one of the best known concubines of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910).

She entered the palace as a court lady and later became the mother of the state using all imaginable conspiracies.

The new drama series “Jang Ok Jung,” however, is fiction. Other than the character Lady Jang Hui-bin, the rest portrays her not as a power-thirsty woman, but as a gifted fashion designer who started her career at the palace as a seamstress.

The drama centers around the life, love and power of Jang, who finds her way bravely despite a rigid caste system.

“Book of the House of Gu” (MBC)

Premiere: Not decided

Cast: Lee Seung-gi and Suzy

“Book of the House of Gu” (a working title) is the first historical drama for singer-actor Lee Seung-gi.

Main character Choi Gang-chi, a son of Mount Jiri’s god, is half-man and half-beast. Choi struggles to lead a human life after he falls in love with a girl. Attention is on how Lee will interpret this complex character.

“Iris 2” (KBS2)

Premiere: Feb. 13

Cast: Jang Hyuk, Lee Da-hae

Blockbuster “Iris 2” is the sequel to the popular drama “Iris” (2009).

“Iris” was the story of national agents performing their duties to prevent the second Korean War in a triangular dynamic with Iris, the National Security Service and a secret organization of North Korea. Iris is the name of a secret organization related to the international military-industrial complex, which hinders the unification of Korea.

“Iris 2” begins three years after the death of Hyeon-jun, a main character in the original “Iris.” The drama deals with the mystery surrounding the death of Hyeon-jun. It also tells the story of former general manager of NSS Baek San, who was arrested for collusion with the Iris. The identity of the mastermind of Iris is expected to be revealed.

The sequel was produced with a budget of 10 billion won.

By Yu Ah-jeong, Kim Yeon-ji [estyle@jooang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

Guest kswfanhnn

Son Tae Young Will Make a Cameo For Her Husband Kwon Sang Woo In The 'Yawang'

손태영, 권상우 '야왕' 깜짝 출연

Son Tae-young will make an cameo appearance in the drama ‘Yawang’ for her husband Kwon Sang-woo.

Son Tae-young will appear as one of the guests in Ha-ryu (Kwon Sang-woo)’s host bar, in which Ha-ryu works as a prostitute-cum-server to earn Da-hae (Soo Ae)’s school fee.

Son Tae-young, as one of the guests, throws a banana peel on Ha-ryu’s face, telling him “get lost. You look like my husband, I don’t like you”.

Interestingly enough, the line was confirmed before Son Tae-young’s appearance. Son Tae-young’s appearance was made through Kwon, as he found out the line in the script, and discussed with both the PD and his wife to enlist her help.

Son Tae-young reportedly threw the peel over 10 times, to get the perfect shot. PD Jo Young-kwang’s comment that “her feelings towards her husband were quite evident” threw the set into laughter.

Son Tae-young also brought along a huge coffee machine for the staff, and bundles of fruits.

Son Tae-young completed her support for the drama with a heart drawn in a snowy field, posted on her Twitter.

Credit: Koreandrama

*** This line really cracked me up...**** I really cannot wait till next week. Looking forward to Yawang premiering on January 14, 2013.

------------------

Yawang's Pix Press conference

8364011283_c0071b8d36_b.jpg

6649.jpg&sa=X&ei=VVnuULTHFMuVjAKpuoCICA&

6641.jpg6639.jpg

397715_445335882188232_1835705686_n.jpg

582486_445336165521537_44582584_n.jpg

299546_445340895521064_619990178_n.jpg

299045_445335755521578_232484530_n.jpg
299637_445336305521523_687797677_n.jpg

Credit as stated

kswfanhnn said:

Son Tae Young Will Make a Cameo For Her Husband Kwon Sang Woo In The 'Yawang'

Son Tae-young will make an cameo appearance in the drama ‘Yawang’ for her husband Kwon Sang-woo.

Son Tae-young will appear as one of the guests in Ha-ryu (Kwon Sang-woo)’s host bar, in which Ha-ryu works as a prostitute-cum-server to earn Da-hae (Soo Ae)’s school fee.

Son Tae-young, as one of the guests, throws a banana peel on Ha-ryu’s face, telling him “get lost. You look like my husband, I don’t like you”.

Interestingly enough, the line was confirmed before Son Tae-young’s appearance. Son Tae-young’s appearance was made through Kwon, as he found out the line in the script, and discussed with both the PD and his wife to enlist her help.

Son Tae-young reportedly threw the peel over 10 times, to get the perfect shot. PD Jo Young-kwang’s comment that “her feelings towards her husband were quite evident” threw the set into laughter.

Son Tae-young also brought along a huge coffee machine for the staff, and bundles of fruits.

Son Tae-young completed her support for the drama with a heart drawn in a snowy field, posted on her Twitter.

Credit: Koreandrama

*** This line really cracked me up...**** I really cannot wait till next week. Looking forward to Yawang premiering on January 14, 2013.

------------------

Yawang's Pix Press conference

Credit as stated

Did SBS′ ′Yawang′ Plagiarise KBS2′s ′Nice Guy′?

SBS has again gotten involved in a plagiarism controversy.

Many netizens have compared SBS′ Yawang with KBS2′s Nice Guy, stating that the two pieces are similar.

84351703.jpg

Yawang is based on a manga, and is about Da Hae (Soo Ae), a woman who becomes First Lady after escaping her poverty, and Ha Ryu (Kwon Sang Woo), a man who sacrifices everything for her but is betrayed by her and becomes determined to have his revenge.

The general story sounds eerily familiar to that of Nice Guy.

Nice Guy was about how Jae Hee (Park Si Yeon) becomes the wife of a rich man after betraying Maru (Song Joong Ki), who stayed with her when she was in need.

That the couples break apart following a bout of murder is also a similarity between the two pieces.

The characters are also similar. Ha Ryu and Maru both start off as pure and naive boys, but they become agents of revenge after they are betrayed. They both also work as hosts and players in order to make ends meet. Da Hae and Jae Hee are both femme fatales who won′t let anything get in the their way to success. Ha Ryu and Maru are both helped by rich girls.

Producer Jo Young Kwang said about the similarities at the press conference for Yawang held on January 9, "I was preparing Yawang, but then I saw Nice Guy and I was surprised. In Yawang, Ha Ryu tries to have his revenge against Da Hae, whom he loved, but in Nice Guy, [Maru] tries to have his revenge against Jae Hee and ends up with Eun Ki (Moon Chae Won). When you watch it, you′ll see how the two are different."

This isn′t the first time SBS has gotten caught in such issues. Five Fingers was accused of plagiarising the novel Blood Rhapsody when it was brought up that the pianist setting, the family ties and certain scenes were similar. Cheongdamdong Alice has also been accused, as some stated that the drama took its love story between the owner of an imported designer goods shop and a designer from the novel Cheongdamdong Oh Doo Ri.

Some plagiarism issues have been taken to court. The court decided that MBC′s Queen Seon Deok had plagiarised the musical Queen of the Rose of Sharon, Seon Deok, because ′though the details are different, the conflicts between the characters are very similar.′

From this example, it seems though the producer explained that the love line will be different, Yawang and Nice Guy will still overlap and look like one plagiarised the other to some.

Nice Guy was praised as a high quality drama with its tightknit story, meaning that Yawang has a giant contender to overcome. It may be that if the drama doesn′t turn out to be a success, it could merely end up being called a Nice Guy imitator. Whether SBS will be able to overcome this hill is yet to be seen.

Photo credit: SBS, KBS / enewsworld