Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

I love watching movies with Mr. Kwon Sang-woo. My favourite movie with him is "Once Upon A Time In High School" 말죽거리 잔혹사 (aka. "The Spirit of Jeet Kune Do") from 2004, which is one of two movies that really got me hooked on South Korean movies and TV dramas. I also really liked his other movie "More Than Blue", and the two TV-dramas I have seen with him so far: "Stairway to Heaven" and "Sad Love Story". His performance in "71: Into the Fire" was also great.
Can you wonderful people here please tell me which other movies and TV dramas I should check out that stars Mr. Kwon Sang-woo ? If you can then please also tell me how your recommendations are compared to the once I have listed. 
Kamsamnida :)

PeerNorway said: I love watching movies with Mr. Kwon Sang-woo. My favourite movie with him is "Once Upon A Time In High School" 말죽거리 잔혹사 (aka. "The Spirit of Jeet Kune Do") from 2004, which is one of two movies that really got me hooked on South Korean movies and TV dramas. I also really liked his other movie "More Than Blue", and the two TV-dramas I have seen with him so far: "Stairway to Heaven" and "Sad Love Story". His performance in "71: Into the Fire" was also great.
Can you wonderful people here please tell me which other movies and TV dramas I should check out that stars Mr. Kwon Sang-woo ? If you can then please also tell me how your recommendations are compared to the once I have listed. 
Kamsamnida :)

Kwon Sang Woo Returns for Business after a Year

Finally breaking his one year hiatus from the spotlight, Kwon Sang Woo returned by gracing the cover of fashion magazine L’Officiel Hommes.

45556821.jpg

Still showing his fans that he’s as playful as the day he made his debut, Kwon Sang Woo posed sitting on the ledge of a bathtub and throwing snacks into his mouth while wearing a young casual outfit and sunglasses.

On the flipside, he showed how much he’s matured over the years, wearing a wine colored blazer and a mustard shirt. With his hair slicked back like James Dean, he gave a masculine pose with a drink in his hand.

50454370.jpg

During his interview with L’Officiel Hommes, Kwon Sang Woo talked about his marriage with actress Son Tae Young and love for their son, as well as his desire and greed to juggle both family and work at the same time.

The interview and pictorial will be available in the October issue of L’Officiel Hommes.

Photo Credit: L’Officiel Hommes / enewsworld

• 2 weeks later...

***They were both lucky to meet one another. Beautiful couple….It's important to keep the romance alive even if you are married. Awww….so sweet going on dates.:)]

class="cat_article_title"Kwon Sang Woo & Son Tae Young watch ‘Gwanghae’ on a date

Kwon_Sang_Woo_and_Son_Tae_Young_watch_Gw

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young enjoyed a movie on a date over the weekend.

On October 14th, Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young went to see the movie ‘Gwanghae: The Man Who Became King’ starring Lee Byung Hun in a theater in Gangnam, Seoul.

Son Tae Young posted on her Facebook page, “Today, finally went to see ‘Gwanghae‘ with my husband. The emotions..laughter..Everything was great.. Especially, Lee Byung Hun sunbae’s acting shined more than anything.

It’s well known that Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young as a couple enjoy going on a movie date over the weekends.

Lee Byung Hun’s movie ‘Gwanghae: The Man Who Became King‘, which drew the beautiful star couple to the theaters, is hugely popular drawing more than 9.3 million moviegoers in just 32 days as of October 14th.

Image & Source: NewsEN via Nate / kpopfever

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest hidayah_kjj

Hi

hidayah

, ahhh.................I'm so happy for you that you get to see this movie soon there in your side. I hope KSW could promote the movie there as well. I got the chance to see his Chinese movie, Shadows of Love. And what else can I say? It was a pleasant watch because of KSW. Not flawless but a wonderful movie nonetheless. To piece it together, “SOL” is a simple love story

:)

]

hidayah_cruel_love said: Hi hidayah, ahhh.................I'm so happy for you that you get to see this movie soon there in your side. I hope KSW could promote the movie there as well. I got the chance to see his Chinese movie, Shadows of Love. And what else can I say? It was a pleasant watch because of KSW. Not flawless but a wonderful movie nonetheless. To piece it together, “SOL” is a simple love story & I love the plot.  :)]

***I wonder what happened to the drama that he’s supposed to do, huh? I haven’t heard any news about it anymore. I hope it still pushes-through. I miss KSW!:)]

[Celebrity News Station] Kwon Sang-woo's "Chinese Zodiac" out in January

photo266090.jpg

Actor kwon Sang-woo's first foreign movie "Chinese Zodiac" is being released for the first time in January.

"Chinese Zodiac" cost 9 billion dollars in production fees and was directed and starred by the Hong Kong star Jackie Chan. The backgrounds are in Australia, France, China and other places. It's also being released in the States.

"Chinese Zodiac" is an action adventure about finding the bronze statues of 12 gods all over the world.

Source : news.donga.com/3/all/... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema

;))

class="entry-title"Way Back Wednesday: K-dramas Part 2 (2001-2005)

20121205_stairwaytoheaven.jpg

Last week I started to take a look at my favorite Korean dramas from 1995-2000 and today we round out the list with my favorites from 2001-2005. I’m going to warn everyone up front that there are going to be some notable exclusions; a few big time dramas aren’t included. Basically, it all boils down to the fact that there are a few dramas out there that are popular but that I just didn’t enjoy. I also don’t include any historical dramas here either because those just aren’t my thing and I can only take so many guys grunting with weird facial hair and scowling expressions.

However, I will say that it was much harder to whittle down this list to just 5 compared to the previous one. The early 2000’s will probably be looked back upon as a renaissance for Korean dramas. This was the start of the Hallyu Wave with Korean pop culture being exported internationally and that’s reflected in the number of really good dramas that were produced during this period. It also marks new stories and plots with interesting twists and broadening the scope of what a Korean drama could be. But in the end, Korean studios know the formula of what works and why mess with that success?

(skipped unrelated....)

Stairway to Heaven – 2003/2004

This drama had one of the most over-the-top plots I can remember, but the real reason I started watching ‘Stairway to Heaven’ is because it introduced the world to Kim Tae Hee and her immaculate ponytail. Although her character was a freak, her seething glares were like tractor beams and I was pretty much powerless. Okay, now that I got that out of the way, aside from Kim Tae Hee, there was some serious acting power in the drama including the queen of K-dramas Choi Ji Woo, Shin Hyun Joon, and Kwon Sang Woo. The drama also introduced a young Park Shin Hye, who played the younger version of Choi Ji Woo’s character. The story revolves around Choi Ji Woo, whose father remarries and her stepmother turns out to be a cross between Queen Narissa and Cora (for all you ‘Enchanted’ and ‘Once Upon a Time’ fans). Along with the stepmother comes her stepbrother, played by Shin Hyun Joon, and her even more evil stepsister, played Kim Tae Hee. Kwon Sang Woo and Choi Ji Woo love each other, but Kim Tae Hee is crazy jealous of the two and makes it her goal to ruin Choi Ji Woo’s life. Then you throw in this kind of creepy love that Shin Hyun Joon has for his stepsister, and things get really good. Let’s not forget that the drama also included maybe the greatest single from a soundtrack ever, with Kim Bum Soo’sI Want to See You”. You take that, and then add in Kwon Sang Woo’s lisp and Choi Ji Woo’s inability to pronounce some basic consonants, and that equals K-drama gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LUgwb5J3QIY

Many of you are probably saying, “Just hold your horses for a second, pal! Where’s ‘XYZ’ drama which is my favorite and also the best drama EVER?!” Like I said earlier, I had to leave off some well known dramas from my list. Plus, there were like 500 dramas made between the years of 1995-2005, and as big of a nerd as I am, even I didn’t have the time to watch every drama over that time period. Let me know which ones I missed, and maybe I’ll have to catch those in the future. Happy watching.

source : allkpop

Hello ladies... i still alive ^^ lolOh oh, Chinese Zodiac promotes in Korea in Jan 2013? so lateIt will promote in my country in December 20, 2012 We will take queue to watch the film very soon!!!The moment we are waiting is coming, can't wait to see our oppa fighting, kicking, kungfu-ing !!
Thanks tons to Will for keeping the thread updated! You are so adorable!!!!!Hello to our chingus here !!!