Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

***I feel sad knowing this - Poor him. I hope for his speedy recovery.....Enteritis is inflammation of the small intestine. Symptoms: The symptoms may begin hours to days after you become infected. Symptoms may include: Abdominal pain; Diarrhea - acute and severe; Loss of appetite; Vomiting. :)

June 21, 2012

Kwon Sang-woo is sick in China

20222347.jpg

Actor Kwon Sang-woo has fallen ill in Dali, China, where he has been filming the drama "Poong Hwa Sul Wul."

Kwon contracted enteritis Monday morning and was unable to seek medical treatment immediately, his health deteriorating as the day wore on.

Given his condition, production was to be postponed, but Kwon refused to let his sickness disrupt work.

Later in the day, Kwon uploaded a picture of himself on Weibo, the Chinese social networking site, with the comments, "I couldn't sleep a wink last night due to enteritis. Currently on-set filming; worst condition I've been in; this is terrible."

On his official Web site too, Kwon wrote, "I have no strength and can't eat a thing except for rice porridge. Owner of a Korean restaurant here has kindly given me some medicine."

Besides his current work in the Chinese drama, the 35-year-old star spent most of last year filming the Hollywood movie "Chinese Zodiac," starring Jackie Chan.

By Carla Sunwoo

credit : JoongAngDaily

Guest TY_KSW

Poor my man! Hearing he staying in China for shooting i was worry about this matter!! And my worry become true :(Oppa, must each Kim Chi more to detect the oily food in China !!!!

Guest TY_KSW

I agreed on the fact that new setting n emotion of this page is so so frustrating ! < 8->Dear Will, i still could not find out who is his new partner in the Chinese film! hopefully they are smart enough to cast a sweet n demure n innocent one to him ... lo  =D>

• 1 month later...

[08-01] Actor (Korean) Popularity Vote (Round 10)

credit:scorpiola@ RAINLEGEND / anjjo-RAIN’s thread

http://e-vote999.com/ninki03/tvote.cgi?event=vote3

*Choose "KSW(
" in the drop down box below the list then click 'Vote'

No need to sign in. No need to register!

Each IP vote can give 2 votes per day
Japan Time 0:00am-11:59am (can give 1 vote)
Japan Time 12:00pm-23:59pm (can give 1 vote)

Jappoll.jpg

Ma Dong-seok slapped kwon Sang-woo 40 times

photo250408.jpg

Actor Ma Dong-seok though about the time he slapped kwon Sang-woo 40 times.

In the showcase of the movie "Neighbors" in Seoul on the 1st, Ma Dong-seok said, "Getting slapped is way more comfortable than hitting".

Kim Seong-gyoon asked Ma how much effort he put into hit himself not-so painfully.

He answered, "There were several scenes where I couldn't hit him for real because it was that harsh in this movie".

Ma said, "I added bits and piece here and there and made Kim feel surprised but I didn't feel bad about it".

He then talked about the movie "Pained" where he acted with kwon Sang-woo.

"I did a movie with a younger actor once and I had to hit him 40 times in the face. I wanted to kneel and beg".

He said, "Many think that it's my job to hit and it suits my image but getting hit isn't so bad either".

Meanwhile, "Neighbors" is a thriller about the efforts of a town's people, trying to stop the killing of a second girl by a serial killer. To be released on the 23rd.

Source : star.moneytoday.co.kr... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hidayah_kjj

an nyeong everyone....

hope Kwon Sang Woo has recovered. how was his birthday celebration....any photos...he he he <:-P

Saengil Chukha Hamnida to my korean actor...you are my top super fav actor....your acting just melt me away....he he he   :x

by the way his agency is Bel Actors Entertainment right?......emmm have a good day everyone  

hidayah_cruel_love said:

an nyeong everyone....

hope Kwon Sang Woo has recovered. how was his birthday celebration....any photos...he he he <:-P

Saengil Chukha Hamnida to my korean actor...you are my top super fav actor....your acting just melt me away....he he he   :x

by the way his agency is Bel Actors Entertainment right?......emmm have a good day everyone  

Kim Sung Soo, "I introduced Son Tae Young to both Kwon Sang Woo and Oh Ji Ho"

kim_sung_soo_on_happy_together_120816.jp

It was revealed that Kim Sung Soo had played matchmaker for Kwon Sang Woo-Son Tae Young couple.

Actor Kim Sung Soo made a guest appearance on the August 16th episode of KBS ‘Happy Together’ and he shared what role he had played in Kwon Sang Woo-Son Tae Young couple getting together.

Kim Sung Soo stated on the show, “Marriage is something they have to decide on their own. It’s true that I helped them meet at first. Many people developed fond feelings for Son Tae Young after she appeared on MBC’s ‘Come To Play’. Kwon Sang Woo had seen her on the show as well and he told me that he liked her as a person too.” Kim Sung Soo also mentioned, “Oh Ji Ho had fond feelings for her as well.”

Kim Sung Soo continued, “That’s why I set up a meet and we drank together, although Kwon Sang Woo stayed till the end and Oh Ji Ho had to go early because of a filming schedule.” MC Yoo Jae Suk then interjected by saying, “Fin. Game over”, making everyone laugh. Kwon Sang Woo had stayed on until the end and he was able to win Son Tae Young’s heart.

Kim Sung Soo concluded, “After that I met them on their wedding day”, and he revealed how Kwon Sang Woo and Song Tae Young’s love was sparked.

Image: KBS ‘Happy Together’
Source: Newsen via Nate / kpopfever

• 2 weeks later...

Kwon Sang-woo, Soo-ae's drama to begin production in Nov

2012090510582276114_1.jpg

A TV series starring Hallyu star Kwone Sang-woo and actress Soo-ae will soon begin production, according to its production company, Verdi Media. 0

A rep with Verdi told the magazine over the phone Wednesday that Kwone and Soo-ae signed to play the leads in "Yawang" (Romanized title), while shooting will begin in November once the supporting roles have been cast.

Additionally, "Yawang," adapted from the third installment of artist Park In-kwon's 21-part comic book "The President" and the second series was adapted into SBS' TV series of the same in 2010, will air as a Monday and Tuesday TV series on major broadcaster SBS starting January 2013.

With KBS' "THE CHASER" producers Cho Nam-kook and Cho Young-kwang on the microphone, the drama will portray Soo-ae as an ambitious woman who dreams to escape from her poor background to become the first lady and Kwone as a man who will give up everything for the woman he loves.

Kwone made his debut as an actor in 2011 and rose to stardom in Asia after playing the male lead in 2003 TV series "Stairway to Heaven."

After gaining a huge fandom here and playing in dozens of features, most notably in comedy flick "My Tutor Friend" opposite actress Kim Ha-neul, Kwone got married to actress Son Tae-young, who first made public appearance through a beauty pageant.

Meanwhile, Soo-ae made her debut in 2002 and has produced a slew of TV series and movies during her decade-long career. She recently received more spotlights by starring in SBS' hit series "Thousand Days Promise" last year.

2012090510582276114_2.jpg

credit : 10Asia

Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae’s ‘Yawang’ to Air Next January

The drama Yawang, which will star Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae, has confirmed a time slot for next January.

According to the drama’s production company Verdi Media on September 5, Yawang was recently given a time slot by SBS and will air on the channel from January next year.

Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae, who were rumored to be possibles for the lead roles, have signed contracts.

Filming will thus start sometime in November, depending on how fast the rest of the cast is put together and how their schedules work out.

14120002.jpg

Yawang has been gathering interest for starring not only the successful Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae, but also for drawing participation from some of the best originals, scriptwriters and directors.

Park In Kwon, who drew the original manga for Yawang, has garnered successes with many previous pieces that were dramatized, including War of Money, Big Thing and Hot Blood. His realistic drawings, stylish touches, straightforward dialogue that pierces human greed and weakness and his way with mystery were successful not only as mangas, but also as dramas.

Scriptwriter Lee Hee Myung in the past brought up a giant trendy drama boom with Mister Q, Tomato and The Successful Story of a Bright Girl, setting Kim Hee Sun, Song Yoon A and Jang Nara on their way to stardom.

Her first drama in six years, the most recent Rooftop Prince, also concluded with a great success. Lee Hee Myung is known for her mix of traditional description methods with a unique trendiness and some tense mystery.

Co-producers Jo Nam Guk and Jo Young Kwang were recognized for their work with the recent drama The Chaser, and are expected to continue their success with Yawang. They’re especially drawing anticipation to how they’ll portray the drama’s tension and tight-knit story.

Yawang will run for a total of 24 episodes, and is the third in the Big Thing series. It tells of a greedy woman (Soo Ae), who wishes to shake off her poverty and become First Lady, and a man who can do anything for her (Kwon Sang Woo). The two venture forth into lethal love, betrayal, unstoppable greed, conspiracy and salvation.

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan / enewsworld

September 6, 2012

‘King of the Beast’ will air in January

05194334.jpg

SBS announced that the much-awaited drama “The King of the Beast” featuring actors Kwon Sang-woo and Soo Ae will begin airing in January.

A spokesperson for the drama said yesterday the program has at last been allocated time slots on Monday and Tuesday nights.

Initially, filming was scheduled for August, but casting is still underway . Everything is set to be in order by November, and filming will commence then.

The announcement comes nearly three months after Kwon and Soo signed contracts.

Based on the work by cartoonist Park In-kwon, “The King of the Beast” tells the tale of a woman born into poverty who will let nothing stand in her way as she tries to become the first lady. Soo Ae will play the ambitious female character, while Kwon will be in the role of a hopeless romantic in love with the female protagonist.

Kwon’s agency said it was an easy decision for the star, who was in the TV adaptation of “Daemul,” also by Park. “I want to show another side of myself that is a little different from the role in ‘Daemul,’” said Kwon.

By Carla Sunwoo

credit : JoongAngDaily

Jeong Joon-ha, Kwon Sang-woo and Song Seung-heon

photo255278.jpg

Entertainer Jeong Joon-ha proved he is friendly with kwon Sang-woo and Song Seung-heon.

Jeong Joon-ha posted a picture from his wedding reception with kwon Sang-woo and Song Seung-heon, three months after the wedding.

Jeong Joon-ha posted, "Long time no see Sang-woo and Seung-heon, with permission from my Nemo. We didn't know time was passing by us because we had no much to talk about. It's already past 3AM!"

In the picture are Kwon and Song who have comparatively smaller heads than Jeong Joon-ha who added, "Hallyu stars like to take pictures from behind! I am just a little more in front of the camera than them! Don't misunderstand!" and more.

Meanwhile, Jeong Joon-ha got married to a Korean-Japanese resident ten years younger than him in May this year.

Source : tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema

[Twitter Roundup] Jung Joon Ha Chills With Kwon Sang Woo, Song Seung Hun and More

We’re back with the best and latest from the SNS world with your daily dose of Twitter Roundups!

(skipped unrelated...)

57194008.jpg

Jung Joon Ha once more revealed his surprising personal connections as he tweeted these pictures with actors Kwon Sang Woo and Song Seung Hun on September 6.

With the pictures he wrote, “With Seung Hun and Sang Woo for the first time in a while after receiving permission from Nemo haha…. Time passed by so fast as we chatted…. Oh no… it’s already past 3 a.m.”

We’re hoping Jung Joon Ha’s wife wasn’t too displeased with her husband’s late night return!

Photo Credit: Above Mentioned Stars′ SNS / enewsworld

Twitter Calendar: Celebs do what you do

Fans are interested in every move that their favorite celebrities make, thinking that they lead a different life from the everyday Joe with extravagant and luxurious lives. We probably see them as inapproachable shining stars, illuminating on the stage and the screen, and classify them as a different category of humans: "Stars."0

However, when out of the public eye, celebrities do what we all do. Screening their official Twitter accounts, stars show a glimpse of what their lives are like where the cameras are off.

(skipped unrelated...)

Thursday, September 6

Guys' beer night

2012090620510796239_8.jpg
Actor Kwon Sang-woo (left), comedian Jung Joon-ha (center) and actor Song Seung-heon (right) pose together at a restaurant in a picture uploaded by Jung on his official Twitter account on September 6, 2012. [Jung Joong-ha's official Twitter account]

Comedian Jung Joon-ha
“Believe me…It’s only because I'm in front of them…don’t misunderstand [and think that my face is big]!”

credit : 10Asia
LINK to read FULL article : http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2012090620510796239