Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Guest TY_KSW

well, moi think that Cecilia is hardly d ideal partner for Sangwoo to break into d Chinese market  -_-   ....... lots of Korean cellebs seem 2b making a beeline for China these days  :rolleyes:  ..... especially those K-pop peeps  ;)

Willenette!   moi salute u no end for ur devotion to Sangwoo on soompi!  :wub:

Yup, Cecilia is hardly d ideal partner for Sangwoo hah? only Sweet n innocent n demure to be his perfect partner, i know for sho n long time, kekekekekekw00t.gif

May 16, 2012

Actor Kwon Sang-woo is leaving on a jet plane, with Jackie Chan

*quoted image*

Actor Kwon Sang-woo is preparing to be at the center of attention when he attends the Cannes Film Festival today to promote his upcoming film “Chinese Zodiac.”

According to Bel Actors Entertainment yesterday, Kwon will meet up with Jackie Chan - the director and star of the film - tomorrow in Beijing and travel to France on his private jet.

Chan’s aircraft has garnered much attention from curious fans and the public.

Previously, Chinese media revealed shots taken of the plane’s interior, which depicted a modest and no-frills design and layout.

After the news broke that Kwon will be traveling to Cannes with Chan, many netizens expressed their envy, with some even commenting that Chan was a “loyal friend.”

The international film festival runs from today until May 27 and invited attendees get to preview new films of all genres including documentaries from around the world.

By Carla Sunwoo

credit : JoongAngDaily

Thanks mucho for the updating, my dear Chingu Will! My biggest n deepest appreciation ur contritbution to make this thread alive!! Frankly, appreciate much dear

Speaking of our man, no doubt on Jackie Chan favorite to our man, obviously he deserved of that, hah??? wub.gif

My long neck over the Red carpet Mr KWon Sang Woo ! yeah!!! w00t.gif

Yup, Cecilia is hardly d ideal partner for Sangwoo hah? only Sweet n innocent n demure to be his perfect partner, i know for sho n long time, kekekekekek*quoted image*

Thanks mucho for the updating, my dear Chingu Will! My biggest n deepest appreciation ur contritbution to make this thread alive!! Frankly, appreciate much dear

Speaking of our man, no doubt on Jackie Chan favorite to our man, obviously he deserved of that, hah??? *quoted image*

My long neck over the Red carpet Mr KWon Sang Woo ! yeah!!! *quoted image*

Youtube link for introduction of 13 Chinese Zodiac!!!

13 Chinese Zodiac

*** Now this I’m really excited about watching - a decent pairing…..Well, these two can definitely pull off a melodrama big time! Anything KSW is a win for me! I missed KSW doing a K-drama this time…it’s been a while since Daemul. This drama was a very good political series. I definitely approve of this pairing! I like Su Ae. I find her really great. I like everything I’ve seen her in, some might not be the best but she is.Oh…KSW……how I’ve missed seeing his handsome face.  :lol:

Kwon Sang-woo and Su Ae back to dramaland?

by girlfriday | April 30, 2012

*quoted image*

There’s a new drama pairing afoot: Kwon Sang-woo (Pain, Daemul) and Su Ae (Thousand Day Promise) are in talks to possibly star in the new manhwa-to-drama adaptation from Daemul writer Park In-kwon. This series is called Yawang or Queen of Ambition, which is a best approximation in translating the title, a play on “queen” and “ambition.”

It’s about a woman who’s so dirt-poor that she doesn’t even have the means to properly bury her mother, but she pulls herself out of poverty and starts to dream big, deciding one day that she’s going to become the First Lady. The character is described as chock-full of ambition, a woman who will use any means to get what she wants. She sounds as scary as she is impressive. The story isn’t surprising, coming from the creator of Daemul, about the first female president of Korea.

The hero is a nice guy, an innocent man who loves the heroine and will do anything for her. Anything like become the president? Or anything like get his nice guy bum trampled on, while she marries the guy who’s going to be the president? There are two VERY different ways this could go for you, Mr. Nice Guy.

The drama is being produced by Verdi Media, and the screenplay will be adapted by writer Choi Ran (of Iljimae, the Lee Jun-ki version). Yawang hopes to broadcast later this year, and meanwhile Su Ae will be shooting her film with Jang Hyuk, and Kwon Sang-woo his film with Jackie Chan. Busy busy.

Via Mk.co.kr

Ayah! i like seeing him in new drama but still prefer another lead woman !! heheheheh!

Anyway, as long as it is his drama, i love it!!!

Yup, Cecilia is hardly d ideal partner for Sangwoo hah? only Sweet n innocent n demure to be his perfect partner, i know for sho n long time, kekekekekek*quoted image*

Speaking of our man, no doubt on Jackie Chan favorite to our man, obviously he deserved of that, hah??? *quoted image*

My long neck over the Red carpet Mr KWon Sang Woo ! yeah!!! *quoted image*

Youtube link for introduction of 13 Chinese Zodiac!!!

13 Chinese Zodiac

Ayah! i like seeing him in new drama but still prefer another lead woman !! heheheheh!

Anyway, as long as it is his drama, i love it!!!

Hi TY, so nice to see you here.....I hope you're doing fine, dear. Stay safe.....Looking forward for all stuffs related to our man! Miss you! :lol:

Guest hidayah_kjj

hi everyone....:D

thanx for all the update...appreciate all the news about kwon sang woo...

wooow private jet....n off to france? wooooooooooow :w00t:  cant wait to see his movies....i guess it will be quite a while before reaching this little island lah.....he he he. wishing him all the best.  i luuuuuuuuv his acting skill so much n he is such a hunk!!!!  always melt me away......oooooops :wub: 

May 21, 2012

Jackie Chan announces plans to retire from trademark action genre

20214238.jpg

Cannes, FRANCE - Jackie Chan is landing his last punch as an action star, but says he is stepping into retirement having made one of the most important films of his career.

The Hong Kong actor told the AP on Friday that his latest film, “Chinese Zodiac,” will be his last action movie.

Chan, launching the movie at the Cannes Film Festival with co-stars Kwon Sang-woo, Yao Xingtong and Liao Fan, said that people don’t believe him when he says he is going to retire.

“They say `No, you’re still young, you can still do it,’ but I have to stop one day.’’

The 58-year-old says he is bowing out with “Chinese Zodiac” - in which he plays a fortune hunter, traveling the world trying to track down missing astrological antiques - because it is one of the “most important” films in his career.

Chan says he spent seven years working on the movie by writing, producing, directing and coordinating fight scenes.

“For the last 10 years, I’ve been choosing the director to direct me. This one, I direct myself,” he said. “I hope this movie, 20 years later, people still remember it. For me, for the audience, for my future, for my history - it’s very important.’’

Chan says “Chinese Zodiac’’ and the many films before it have taken their toll on his body.

“It hurts, it really hurts,” he says, flinching. “The shoulder, the ankle, it really hurts. You don’t know because I still look healthy.”

Not that he plans on putting his feet up, though. Chan shrugs off suggestions of taking up gardening, cooking or bowling in his spare time. He wants to work on his acting muscles instead.

“When I look at Hollywood, at Robert De Niro, he can do anything - comedy, drama,’’ he says.

“Clint Eastwood, 60 to 70 years old, he can still move. I said, ‘Yes, that’s my goal.’?”

AP

credit : JoongAngDaily

***Lucky KSW he was able to walk in a red carpet…..He is so good looking! Good luck on their film! It looks like they all had fun! Awesome! Hahaha – I noticed that Kwon Sang Woo and the white girl are holding hands together….. :sweatingbullets:

Kwon Sang Woo and Yoo Seung Jun attend ‘Cannes Film Festival’ with Jackie Chan

20120519_cannes4.jpg

Top Hallyu star Kwon Sang Woo and 90′s idol star Yoo Seung Jun were recently in the French Riviera to attend the 65th ‘Cannes Film Festival‘.

They were spotted walking the red carpet with Jackie Chan, Laura Weissbecker, Yao Xing Tong, Liao Fan, and Zhang Lan Xin as they all are featured in Jackie Chan’s upcoming movie ‘12 Chinese Zodiac Heads (Chinese Zodiac)‘. Famous American director Brett Ratner was also in attendance.

Check out the photos from the event below.

20120519_cannes1-155x100.jpg20120519_cannes2-155x100.jpg20120519_cannes5-155x100.jpg20120519_cannes9-155x100.jpg

My link

source : allkpop

Thank you Willenette for keep updating the news. KSW is looking hot

Checkout the following link. KSW is speaking English, cute :)

Jackie, KSW interviewed

More Zodiac casts at Cannes link (KSW)

Credit: goes to original poster

Hi kswfanhnn', thanks for sharing this video interview. Ye, KSW is looking hot. I hope he'll learn an English language so he won't need an interpreter later on..... :sweatingbullets:

Kwon Sang-woo at Cannes and gets love-call from Chinese movie

20120523161105465.jpg

Actor kwon Sang-woo received another offer from a Chinese movie when he attended the 65th Cannes International Film Festival.

kwon Sang-woo arrived at Nice Airport on the 17th on Jackie Chan's private jet and headed straight for Cannes to start his promotion for the movie "The 12 Zodiacs".

He was offered a movie role by Chinese movie director Wuershan and proved his reputation as a Hallyu star.

kwon Sang-woo attended Chinese Night, "The 12 Zodiacs" Night and other parties he was invited to for 3 days from the 17th to 19th. Director Woo Ul-san said he was disappointed he couldn't have kwon Sang-woo for the movie "The Floral Envelope 2" and suggested they do the next movie together.

kwon Sang-woo is the first Korean actor to attend the Cannes for a foreign movie although it wasn't a Korean one.

Meanwhile, kwon Sang-woo arrived in Korea in Jackie Chan's private jet on the 21st.

Source : movie.daum.net/movieI... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

• 2 weeks later...

June 07,2012

Kwon Sang-woo attends fan's funeral

photo241376.jpg

Upon returning from Cannes Film Festival, Kwon Sang-woo paid a visit to say goodbye to his late fan who passed away while Kwon was in France.
Sportsworld reported that as soon as he landed back in Korea, Kwon went to the funeral parlor to pay respect to his fan who had passed from stomach cancer.
The two had met back in April when the fan had written to Kwon and the actor responded by paying a visit at the hospital.

“He must have been tired from being abroad, but as soon as he landed, he went to the funeral without even telling his manager where he was going,” said a spokesperson from Kwon’s agency.
The Hallyu actor is thought to be in mourning for his deceased fan to whom he had spoken words of encouragement during their last encounter.

Meanwhile, Kwon has been busy promoting his movie “Chinese Zodiac” starring Jackie Chan.

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily / Hancinema

Guest peace2007

30000051591_700.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae Confirmed for “Night King”

Finally! Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae are confirmed for the upcoming drama “Night King.” (Yawang) According to the drama’s production company on June 12, the two have signed contracts to appear on the drama. Now the drama is focusing on casting.

A representative stated, “Filming will begin in August. Currently we are in talks with a broadcasting company in order to have the drama broadcasted in the second half of 2012. We have already received offers for selling the rights to Japan, China, and South East Asia.

The story is about a woman who tries to escape poverty and will do anything she can do to become the first lady. Also, it is about a man who is willing to sacrifice anything for her. The story is about critical love, betrayal, endless desire, conspiracy, ruin and salvation.

Guest peace2007

photo242016.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo and Soo-ae confirmed to star in drama "Yawang"

Actor kwon Sang-woo and Soo-ae have been cast for the drama "Yawang".

According to Berdi Media on the 12th, kwon Sang-woo and Soo-ae signed a contract with "Yawang" which should proceed quickly with the finalizing of other supporting acts.

24-part drama "Yawang" is relevant to the third episode of the "Daemul - Big Thing" series by Park In-kwon, about Yoon Nari (Soo-ae) a woman who desires to overcome poverty and become the 'first lady' and an innocent man named Choi Kang-chan (kwon Sang-woo) who sacrifices everything for her. The betrayal and love that occurs in the process spreads out like a panorama along with unstoppable greed and plots, the destruction of the human existence and esthetics of salvation.

Previously, Park In-kwon's "War of Money", "Daemul - Big Thing" and "Hot Blood" have become famous as dramas.

The production claimed, "The drama will start filming in August and aim for broadcast in the later half of the year. There have already been pre-sale offers from Japan and China as well as South East Asian countries. We expect a great reaction for the drama as it is made up of an amazing storyline and actor kwon Sang-woo as well as Soo-ae".

kwon Sang-woo who has been in "Daemul - Big Thing" said, "The original was so good I decided to star in it without hesitation". Soo-ae said, "I believe in the original and I felt attracted to the character".

Source : star.mk.co.kr/new/vie... ( English )

Guest peace2007

photo242070.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo to take on new drama

Hallyu star kwon Sang-woo will star alongside actress Soo-ae in the new drama "Yawang".

The production company behind the drama said yesterday that the two actors have agreed to star in the drama and filming will begin from August.

The drama is based on a cartoon by Park In-kwon, who also wrote the TV adaptation OF the comic "Daemul - Big Thing", in which Kwon starred back in 2010.

"Yawang" tells the tale of a woman born into poverty who will let nothing stand in her way as she tries to become the first lady.

Soo-ae will play the ambitious female character while Kwon is set to play the role of a hopeless romantic who will do anything for Soo-ae's character.

Kwon's agency said that it was an easy decision for the star to accept the role because the storyline was so great.

"I want to show another side of myself that is a little different from the role I played in 'Daemul - Big Thing'", Kwon explained.

By Carla Sunwoo

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo... ( English Korean )

***Finally……………my man is doing a drama again. I missed him so much on the small screen. ahhh..........two people who can beautifully cry. He’s always great on this! I like the synopsis of this drama! Hope the drama is good.:)]

Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae Cast as Leads in Upcoming Drama

Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae will act opposite each other in an upcoming television drama.

On June 12, Verdi Media revealed Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae had been cast in upcoming drama production, Yawang. Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae have both agreed to come on board and the production is in the process of filling out the rest of the cast.

30668931.jpg

Yawang is based on the 24-volume animation book series of the same name from the third part of the Daemool series.

Yawang tells the story of an ambitious woman named Yoon Na Ri (Soo Ae) who grew up in an extremely impoverished childhood and aspires to be the First Lady. Choi Kang Chan (Kwon Sang Woo) is a docile man who gives up everything for her.

The drama is planned to begin shooting in August and premiere sometime in the later end of the year.

Photo credit: Verdi Media / enewsworld

Kwon Sang-woo to take on new drama

Hallyu star kwon Sang-woo will star alongside actress Soo-ae in the new drama "Yawang".

The production company behind the drama said yesterday that the two actors have agreed to star in the drama and filming will begin from August.

The drama is based on a cartoon by Park In-kwon, who also wrote the TV adaptation OF the comic "Daemul - Big Thing", in which Kwon starred back in 2010.

"Yawang" tells the tale of a woman born into poverty who will let nothing stand in her way as she tries to become the first lady.

Soo-ae will play the ambitious female character while Kwon is set to play the role of a hopeless romantic who will do anything for Soo-ae's character.

Kwon's agency said that it was an easy decision for the star to accept the role because the storyline was so great.

"I want to show another side of myself that is a little different from the role I played in 'Daemul - Big Thing'", Kwon explained.

By Carla Sunwoo

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo... ( English Korean )

Kwon Sang-woo, Soo-ae to play in SBS drama presold to Asian countries

2012061214472882401_1.jpg

Actor Kwone Sang-woo and actress Soo-ae will be teaming up for an upcoming TV series that will likely air during the second half of the year.0

Kwone and Soo-ae have both signed on to play the lead characters in SBS' drama tentatively titled "Yawang" (in Romanized Korean) and the pair will begin the shooting in August, production firm Verdi Media told 10Asia in a brief phone interview Tuesday.

"Yawang" is adapted from the third instalment of artist Park In-kwon's 21-part comic book "The President" and the second series was adapted into SBS' TV series of the same in 2010, in which Kwone and actress Ko Hyun-jung took the main roles.

"I loved the original piece (done by artist ParK) and did not hesitate at all to make my decision," Kwone was quoted as saying in a statement released by Verdi Media. " I'd like to express my new role differently from the character I played in 'The President'."

With scriptwriter Choi Ran of "Iljimae" (MBC, 2009) behind the screen, the drama will show Soo-ae as an ambitious woman who dreams to escape from her poor background to become the first lady and Kwone as a man who gives unconditional love to her.

Thanks to the big name casts and the previous ratings record of the comic's first adaptation surpassing 30 percent park, the company is in talks with a number of distribution firms from Asian countries, including Japan and China, even before other cast members are finalized.

Kwone debuted as an actor in 2011 and rose to stardom in Asia after playing the male lead in 2003 TV series "Stairway to Heaven."

After gaining a huge fandom here and playing in dozens of features, most notably in comedy flick "My Tutor Friend" opposite actress Kim Ha-neul, Kwone got married to actress Son Tae-young, who first made public appearance through a beauty pageant.

Meanwhile, Soo-ae made her debut in 2002 and has produced a slew of TV series and movies during her decade-long career. She recently received more spotlights by starring in SBS' hit series "Thousand Days Promise" last year.

Credit : 10Asia

class="entry-title"Kwon Sang Woo Back to Small Screen with Soo Ae in Upcoming Drama ‘Yawang’

KwonSangWoo_SooAe-1.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae have been confirmed to be paired up in the upcoming drama ‘Queen of Ambition’ (literally titled ‘Yawang’), an adaption from the third part of Daemul manhwa series by writer Park In Kwon.

The drama centers on the story of an ambitious woman named Yoon Na Ri (Soo Ae) who grew up in an extremely impoverished childhood and aspires to be the First Lady. She’s described as a woman who will do anything to get what she wants. Meanwhile, Kwon plays Choi Kang Chan, a nice guy who loves her and will sacrifice everything for her.

Filming for the drama will begin in August.

Source: Newsen / dongdrama

class="content-title"Happy Father’s Day! 5 Most Famous Dads in Korean Entertainment!

kwon-sang-woo.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo surprised many by announcing his marriage to Miss Korea-turned-actress Son Tae Young in 2008. The star couple gave birth to Rook Hee the following year, and the three have been spotted together several times by paparazzi photos. They are still one of the most popular celebrity families in Korea, and their every move continues to attract massive press attention. In February, Rook Hee’s 1st birthday photos were released to the public, and even though the photos were two years overdue, it made headlines on most local papers, proving their unceasing popularity.

credit : soompi news