Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

*** This makes him a winner as a father. Looks like he is such a dorky father! hehehe. I love this side of him. This family pictures are awesome! He must feel really loved by his wife & son. These are such cute shots. I love it! KSW is so freaking fine!

Guest sw4ever

Son Tae Young Reveals Family Pictures with Kwon Sang Woo and Baby

efd725c6c7816366ae75b3ca2e3739b0.jpg

Son Tae Young was featured in an episode of FashionN's "Actresses' House Season 2", which is set to air on September 2. The show features the behind the scenes of her married life. A picture of her baby son, Rook Hee, along with her hunk of a husband Kwon Sang Woo, was discovered. The three make such a lovely family, don't they? Look at how adorable that baby is! With parents who are that gorgeous, it's no wonder where Rook Hee inherited his looks.

Son Tae Young compiled a photo album with pictures of her and Kwon Sang Woo from before they were married to all the pictures that they have taken together until now.

MC Yoon Ji Min and Oh Jae Hyung have admitted their envy of the lovely family. Who wouldn't be jealous? Their photos are Kodak moments! 

http://www.soompi.com/news/son-tae-young-reveals-family-pictures-with-baby

Sky's the Limit for Kwon Sang-soo as he Targets China, Hollywood

http://english.chosu...1083100361.html

Japanese anchor is amazed at Kwon Sang Woo’s six pack abs

*quoted image*

A widely popular freelance anchor Miyane Seiji visited Korea to meet with actor Kwon Sang Woo.

Japanese media outlet accompanied the anchor to cover his TV special ‘Miyane Seiji’s Korean Big Tour‘ and they were on hand when Mr. Seiji was interviewing Kwon Sang Woo.

Mr. Seiji is a fan of Korean dramas, so it was a dream come true for him to meet the actor. The two began their interview at Shinra hotel where Kwon Sang Woo married his wife actress Son Tae Young. As soon as they met, Kwon Sang Woo said to him “You look like a samurai from a Japanese movie” and Mr. Seiji replied “You speak very kindly” and they exchanged formalities.

According to the media outlet that covered the anchor’s TV special, Shinra Hotel reenacted every meals served at the actor’s wedding after party. Kwon Sang Woo was later asked if he could show his famed six pack abs and when he revealed them, the anchor stated “I’ve never seen six pack abs this well defined” and he expressed his amazement.

Kwon Sang Woo’s drama ‘Daemul‘ will premier on September on Fuji TV.

http://kpopfever.com...s-six-pack-abs/

hahhaha! i m not surprised of this!!! he got the best body in Korea!! i bet nobody could have a perfect-six-pack like his !!

Thanks much SW4ever and Meteostorm for the news , articles and clips !!!!

Kwon Sang Woo and Jackie Chan in shooting of Chinese Zodiac in Beijing China, September 1, 2011*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/dreamsan_2006/e/6d84f7484277e4757cbbb97917097374

*** Thanks for posting more family pictures here & new movie stills. Can't wait to see this upcoming movie with JC as well. sweatingbullets.gif It’s been quite a while since she posted their family picture. Based from Cable fashion channel FashionN, she talked about the stories behind the photos. I hope we could get to read about this. Luke looks exactly like KSW with fair skin and a well-shaped pointy nose. This kid is already very trendy wearing a beanie. The show will be aired TODAY, September 2 at 11PM. sweatingbullets.gif

Kwon Sang Woo’s new film Pain throws a question “What is true love?”

ed86b5eca69d.jpg

The new film Pain featuring Kwon Sang Woo and Jung Ryeo Won gives a bitter criticism on the self-conscious “instant love,” particularly prevalent among today’s young people, providing a valuable chance to ask ourselves questions about what true love is.

The sentimental love story features Nam Sun, played by Kwon, who has been gripped by guilty conscience because he was the lone survivor of an old car accident that had killed all the other family members; Dong Hyeon, played by Jung, who has suffered from a hereditary disease, because of which even a trivial pain could drive her to a severe condition.

ed86b5eca69d2.jpg

Source: Newsen from Yahoo / korea.com

Guest sw4ever

Now showing

(skipped unrelated.....)

Painted

1109091003.jpg

Nam-soon (Kwon Sang-woo) has been grappling guilt ever since experiencing a traumatic accident and hypoalgesia, the inability to sense physical pain. He falls in love with a young woman named Dong-hyun (Jung Ryeo-won) who is the complete opposite to him as she suffers from hemophilia. Directed by Kwak Kyung-taek. Runs 104 minutes. Rated 15 and over. In Korean.

Credit : Korea Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2011/09/141_94479.html

Kwon Sang Woo returns to Korea to promote his movie

Kwon Sang Woo recently returned to Korea to promote his movie Pain.

Pain is about a man named Nam Soon (played by Kwon), who lost his family in a car accident, and a woman’s love story. Because of the accident, Nam Soon can’t feel any pain. However, even small pain can be fatal to the woman, Dong Hyun (played by Jung Ryeo Won).

Kwon left Korea to shoot a movie with Jackie Chan but he returned to promote the movie Pain. Kwon and Jung will meet the audience at several theaters with other crew members from the 9th to the 13th.

A spokesperson for the movie said, “Kwon loves the movie and he said he will promote the movie actively.”

Kwon said, “If Korean people don’t recognize my performance, it’s meaningless to debut in a foreign country. My major work will be this movie.”

Kwon is currently shooting a Hollywood movie with Jackie Chan.

Kwon returns to Korea from China for the promotion of Pain showing his love for the film

On September 3, actor Kwon Sang Woo appeared at charged previews of his new movie Pain which are held in Seoul and other movie theaters in Gyeonggi-do.

His appearance was not arranged due to his busy schedule for shooting another movie in China, called Twelve Chinese Zodiac Heads.

However, Kwon came back to Korea early this morning and showed up at the previews.

Starting with COEX Mega Box at Samsung-dong in Seoul, Kwon visited six different theaters in total. Kwon even distributed six albums of sound tracks of Pain with his autograph on them.

Kwon is to repeat this schedule again on the 4th: CGV at Myeondong, Artreon, Mega Box at Shinchon, CGV at Yeongdeungpo, Lotte Youngdeungpo, and Cinus Central.

Kwon’s close peer actor Kim Hyung Jong, who plays a bad guy that kidnaps Nam Soon (played by Kwon Sang Woo)’s lover, Dong Hyun (played by Jeong Ryeo Won).

Meanwhile, the leading actress Jeong Ryeo Won also longed to appear at public greeting for the film, but her schedule for the next movie Never Ending Story did not allow it. However, Jeong will appear with the director for public greetings after the movie’s release on the 7th.

Source: Newsis from

Nate

http://en.korea.com/blog/enter/movie/kwon-returns-to-korea-from-china-for-the-promotion-of-pain-showing-his-love-for-the-film/

wow he's no. 4 even there are many new actors now. and his already married, i think in the top 10 male, only kwon sang woo is married. thank you to all his fans who's always there for him for better or for worst. to all the fans who accept him for what he is. wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif 

Popularity Ranking (Hallyu stars who are most popular)

Top 30 Female / Male

01. Choi Ji Woo / Jang Geun Suk

02. Yoon Son Ah / Lee Byung Hun

03. Kim Tae Hee / Won Bin

04. Lee Yong Ae / Kwon Sang Woowub.gif

05. Yoon Eun Hye / Bae Yong Joon

06. Song Hye Kyo / Jang Dong Gun

07. Moon Geun Young / Lee Hong Gi (FT Island)

08. Lee Young Ah / Ryu Si Won

09. Ha Ji Won / Hyun Bin ✓

10. Chae Rim / Song Seung Hun

11. Lee Ji A / Max Changmin (TVXQ/DBSK)

12. Shin Min Ah / Kim Hyun Joong

13. Park Shin Hye / Gong Yoo

14. Koo Hye Sun / Kang Dong Won

15. Son Ye Jin / Ji Sung

16. Han Hyo Joo / Park Si Hoo

17. Bae Doo Na / U-Know Younho (TVXQ/DBSK)

18. Kim Jung Eun / Jung Yong Ha(CNBLUE)

19. Gong Hyo Jin / So Ji Sub

20. Yoona (SNSD) / Ji Jin Hee

21. Lee Da Hye / Jung Ji Hoon (Rain)

22. Eugene / Lee Seo Jin

23. Lee So Yeon / Kim Bum

24. Kim So Hyun / Lee Joon Ki

25. Soo Ae / Joo Ji Hoon

26. Han Ji Hye / Jung Woo Sung

27. Park Min Young / Jung Joon Ho

28. Kim Nam Joo / Oh Ji Ho

29. Jun Ji Hyun / Lee Seung Gi

30. Jang Na Ra / Kim Jae Joong(JYJ)

30. Park Soo Jin / Choi Seung Hyun(Big Bang)

[source: Nikkei.com, CDBLOOM @YEH.NET, DC MBC Drama Gallery, & DCUNE]

Guest jodi_ashrik

Kwon Sang Woo returns to Korea to promote his movie

Kwon Sang Woo recently returned to Korea to promote his movie Pain.

Pain is about a man named Nam Soon (played by Kwon), who lost his family in a car accident, and a woman’s love story. Because of the accident, Nam Soon can’t feel any pain. However, even small pain can be fatal to the woman, Dong Hyun (played by Jung Ryeo Won).

Kwon left Korea to shoot a movie with Jackie Chan but he returned to promote the movie Pain. Kwon and Jung will meet the audience at several theaters with other crew members from the 9th to the 13th.

A spokesperson for the movie said, “Kwon loves the movie and he said he will promote the movie actively.”

Kwon said, “If Korean people don’t recognize my performance, it’s meaningless to debut in a foreign country. My major work will be this movie.”

Kwon is currently shooting a Hollywood movie with Jackie Chan.

Kwon returns to Korea from China for the promotion of Pain showing his love for the film

On September 3, actor Kwon Sang Woo appeared at charged previews of his new movie Pain which are held in Seoul and other movie theaters in Gyeonggi-do.

His appearance was not arranged due to his busy schedule for shooting another movie in China, called Twelve Chinese Zodiac Heads.

However, Kwon came back to Korea early this morning and showed up at the previews.

Starting with COEX Mega Box at Samsung-dong in Seoul, Kwon visited six different theaters in total. Kwon even distributed six albums of sound tracks of Pain with his autograph on them.

Kwon is to repeat this schedule again on the 4th: CGV at Myeondong, Artreon, Mega Box at Shinchon, CGV at Yeongdeungpo, Lotte Youngdeungpo, and Cinus Central.

Kwon’s close peer actor Kim Hyung Jong, who plays a bad guy that kidnaps Nam Soon (played by Kwon Sang Woo)’s lover, Dong Hyun (played by Jeong Ryeo Won).

Meanwhile, the leading actress Jeong Ryeo Won also longed to appear at public greeting for the film, but her schedule for the next movie Never Ending Story did not allow it. However, Jeong will appear with the director for public greetings after the movie’s release on the 7th.

Source: Newsis from

Nate

wow he's no. 4 even there are many new actors now. and his already married, i think in the top 10 male, only kwon sang woo is married. thank you to all his fans who's always there for him for better or for worst. to all the fans who accept him for what he is. *quoted image**quoted image**quoted image* 

Popularity Ranking (Hallyu stars who are most popular)

Top 30 Female / Male

01. Choi Ji Woo / Jang Geun Suk

02. Yoon Son Ah / Lee Byung Hun

03. Kim Tae Hee / Won Bin

04. Lee Yong Ae / Kwon Sang Woo*quoted image*

05. Yoon Eun Hye / Bae Yong Joon

06. Song Hye Kyo / Jang Dong Gun

07. Moon Geun Young / Lee Hong Gi (FT Island)

08. Lee Young Ah / Ryu Si Won

09. Ha Ji Won / Hyun Bin ✓

10. Chae Rim / Song Seung Hun

11. Lee Ji A / Max Changmin (TVXQ/DBSK)

12. Shin Min Ah / Kim Hyun Joong

13. Park Shin Hye / Gong Yoo

14. Koo Hye Sun / Kang Dong Won

15. Son Ye Jin / Ji Sung

16. Han Hyo Joo / Park Si Hoo

17. Bae Doo Na / U-Know Younho (TVXQ/DBSK)

18. Kim Jung Eun / Jung Yong Ha(CNBLUE)

19. Gong Hyo Jin / So Ji Sub

20. Yoona (SNSD) / Ji Jin Hee

21. Lee Da Hye / Jung Ji Hoon (Rain)

22. Eugene / Lee Seo Jin

23. Lee So Yeon / Kim Bum

24. Kim So Hyun / Lee Joon Ki

25. Soo Ae / Joo Ji Hoon

26. Han Ji Hye / Jung Woo Sung

27. Park Min Young / Jung Joon Ho

28. Kim Nam Joo / Oh Ji Ho

29. Jun Ji Hyun / Lee Seung Gi

30. Jang Na Ra / Kim Jae Joong(JYJ)

30. Park Soo Jin / Choi Seung Hyun(Big Bang)

[source: Nikkei.com, CDBLOOM @YEH.NET, DC MBC Drama Gallery, & DCUNE]

first time to post here.. congrats to ksw.. even he's married lot of fans still support him :))

ps. im a fan of jiwoo and ksw. glad to see them both on the list :)

Early Korean Box Office for the Week-end 2011.09.09 ~ 2011.09.11

“Painted” – Release Date : 2011/09/07

Weekend : 157,389

Total : 248,920

Credit : Hancinema

*** I wanna see the "Pain" movie so badly. I've been waiting for this. "Pain" rocks!

Song Kang Ho, Kwon Sang Woo go head-to-head with ‘Blue Salt’ and ‘Pain’

NISI20110908_0005097214_web.jpg

This fall is shaping up to be quite an exciting one for the Korean film industry; one of the pillars of Korean film, Song Kang Ho, and the conqueror of the small screen, Kwon Sang Woo, will be dueling head-to-head with their new releases, ‘Blue Salt‘ and ‘Pain‘, respectively.

Song Kang Ho plays the role of ‘Doo Hun’, a retired mafia boss in his forties, and shares a hard-to-explain relationship with ‘Se Bin’, a twenty-year-old who watches over his activities. The role is filled by television actress Shin Se Kyung.

“It was really amazing to see her exude self-confidence in the sudden transition from television to film,” Song Kang Ho said, describing his co-star. “I’d like to say that the Korean film industry has discovered a new actress. She’s so charming, she’s the only thing you notice when you watch the film. I even asked her, ‘don’t forget about me when you need a supporting character 10 years from now’.”

On the other hand, Kwon Sang Woo plays ‘Nam Soon’, a daredevil character who falls into a painful love with ‘Dong Hyun’, a character suffering from hemophilia and played by former Chakra member Jung Ryeo Won.

“Ryeo Won has acted in many movies, but I think she was most herself in this role,” Kwon Sang Woo said. “All actors and actresses have complexes, and Ryeo Won had a complex about how her movies all didn’t do so well. But I hope she’ll be able to overcome this complex with this film.”

Although both movies are about a cast-away man in a relationship with a woman, they approach the same subject in two very different ways.

“‘Blue Salt’ isn’t about fiery love between lovers. It can’t be exactly expressed as love, but I feel that it’s a move that shows emotions and a special compassion between a man and a woman,” Song Kang Ho said. “That’s why it’s appealing. If it was a straight melodrama, it would not have the appeal that it has.”

Compared to ‘Blue Salt’, ‘Pain’ is about the innocence of a first love. “A man and a woman in opposite situation fall in love and end in tragedy. It’s rough but innocent, crude but beautiful,” Kwon Sang Woo explained.

Representing the generation of 40′s and the 30′s, respectively, both Song Kang Ho and Kwon Sang Woo are hoping for success with their films. “Since I’m in my mid-40′s, I sometimes want to take the easy way out. I become interested in easy movies, safe movies,” Song Kang Ho reflected. “I think the time has come for me to actively combat such decisions. As an actor with a huge weight on my back, ‘Blue Salt’ was, for me, a challenge.”

Both films are slated to hit Korean theaters this fall.

Source: Newsis via Nate / allkpop