Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Guest sw4ever

so touching story, kwon sang woo is a great man. i hope other guy is like him. almost perfect man.

20110721_sangwoo_ryeowon_4.jpg

20110722_kwon_sangwoo_4.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo’s dedication to his wife revealed during ‘Pain’ press conference

by exceptlove on 

Kwon Sang Woo’s close friend of 10 years, actor Kim Hyung Joon, revealed the hidden story of Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young’s relationship.

A press conference was held for Kwon Sang Woo and Jung Ryeo Won’s upcoming movie, ‘Pain‘, on July 21st at Lotte Cinema. This conference gathered much interest due to the attendance of the actors’ close peers and friends.

On this day, Kwon Sang Woo’s close friend Kim Hyung Joon went up on stage. Kim Hyung Joon said of his friend, “He is someone who becomes so damaged because of his honesty. I am saying this now, but when Kwon Sang Woo married Son Tae Young, he had a really hard time“.

Kim Hyung Joon continued, “At the time, there were absurd rumors on the internet that couldn’t even be mentioned. Consequently, Kwon Sang Woo became distressed because of this. At that time, Kwon Sang Woo was such a popular star that it was really difficult to announce his marriage to Son Tae Young“.

20110722_sangwoo_hyungjoon_2.jpg

Because of Kwon Sang Woo’s many CFs and contracts, he could not announce his marriage to Son Tae Young that easily. Kim Hyung Joon added, “I’ve been friends with Kwon Sang Woo for 10 years and I don’t think I remember a time that he had such a difficult time with something. One time we even went to the Han River and he bawled his eyes out. I think it was my first time seeing him like that“.

At the Han River, Kwon Sang Woo said while crying, “I have to protect my woman. I can’t just break my promise I made to her. I want to keep that promise no matter what”. He then settled his emotions by telling himself, “I started with nothing so it’s okay if I go back to nothing“.

Kim Hyung Joon went on to say, “At the time of Kwon Sang Woo’s marriage announcement, the amount of money that he lost would probably have been around the same as what one would’ve obtained by winning the lottery 10 times. I couldn’t be more proud of Kwon Sang Woo, who chose to keep his love despite all this. When I see him happily raising a family it makes me envious. He’s a wonderful person“.

He continued “I don’t know if Kwon Sang Woo saw the drama ‘The Greatest Love‘ but if he did, I think he would’ve felt peculiar“. Kwon Sang Woo replied, “I was overseas, but Son Tae Young and I always made sure to watch ‘The Greatest Love’. We kept saying ‘This is the story of us’ while watching the drama.

Meanwhile, the movie ‘Pain’, which is based off a comic, tells a story about a man named ‘Nam Soon’ (played by Kwon Sang Woo) who is unable to feel anything, while ‘Dong Hyun’ (played by Jung Ryeo Won) is a woman who feels extreme pain with even the slightest injuries.

This melodramatic movie is set to premiere this September.

Source: TV Daily via Nate

Photo: TV Report & Joy News 24

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/07/kwon-sang-woos-dedication-to-his-wife-revealed-during-pain-press-conference

still so handsome and look so youngwub.gif

1219542642c4c4a1c6e9600a1ad53643.jpg

d2ea3e6e6895291daea16212f5b6630d.jpg

4f370a829c19d043c2a6c2b51752555b.jpg

8a705d6d93e09f432766c8055e9faf34.jpg

4e17370673f250d613659a11879dd602.jpg

699ecfe8f2f105e44167916cbc3b5729.jpg

a030c7114411ac4c91e8cd942c25e1bb.jpg

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/dreamsan_2006/e/69c2099ec7870ea8707848b185208855

*** I noticed this a long time ago but in spite of this, I like K-dramas nonetheless! And that makes them more fun. Sometimes these are the things you always look forward to. because the plots are always twisted. K-dramas have always have love triangles, the piggy back ride, you will get sick the next day, if you were in the rain the night before...........I see them a lot. "Save the Last Dance" (starring JS) & "Boys over Flowers" (starring F4) are another perfect example for memory loss. But these dramas have good storylines. :lol:

11 Recurring themes in Korean dramas

Ever watch a Korean Drama and think to yourself, “Hey this plot seems familiar?” Well, as many of us drama addicts realize, there seems to be a few trends that make an appearance in quite a few dramas. Here are just a few of those recurring themes.

11. Gender benders

10. Evil mother

9. Love contracts and fake relationships

8. Cancer, leukemia, other sicknesses

Many times in dramas, a character will develop a fatal disease out of nowhere. Sometimes they die, sometimes they live. But this is used to help develop the plot, and add more drama to.. well, the drama. Examples are Stairway to Heaven and Autumn In My Heart, also included is the recent City Hunter.

7. Memory loss

This occurs very often in dramas, sometimes after recovering from the sicknesses, as seen in number 8. The character wakes up from a coma, only to forget their life. And more often, they don’t forget their whole life, but they only forget the person they loved most. That was so frustrating to me. Haha. Seen in Boys Over Flowers, Secret Garden, 49 Days, and Stairway to Heaven.

6. Long-lost sibling

5. Rich boy, poor girl

4. Piggy back scene

3. The infamous shower scenes

Nearly every drama has a scene where the main male character will be in deep, deep thought, and where else would he be pondering but in the shower. Not that I’m complaining, I don’t mind it. Lee Min Ho has done one in quite a few dramas, and so have many other fine, fine actors. Look out for them in dramas likes Boys Over Flowers, City Hunter, Personal Taste, Stairway to Heaven, You’re Beautiful, My Princess, and thankfully, so much more. Know what I mean girls?

2. Enemies turned lovers, nice guys ignored

1. Love triangles.. or quadrangles, pentagles?!

No drama would be complete without a complicated romance plot. That’s what correlation charts are for right? Two guys compete for one girls attention. Not complicated enough? Throw in another girl who is interested in one of the two guys. Need more confusion? Introduce another guy who the two girls find attractive. And the possibilities of complicated romances are endless! I won’t even name what dramas this is in because you can find it in nearly every single one.

So what do you think? Notice any of these themes or are there any you noticed that are up here?

Source : ningin.com

so touching story, kwon sang woo is a great man. i hope other guy is like him. almost perfect man.

Kwon Sang Woo’s dedication to his wife revealed during ‘Pain’ press conference

by exceptlove on 

Kwon Sang Woo’s close friend of 10 years, actor Kim Hyung Joon, revealed the hidden story of Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young’s relationship.

A press conference was held for Kwon Sang Woo and Jung Ryeo Won’s upcoming movie, ‘Pain‘, on July 21st at Lotte Cinema. This conference gathered much interest due to the attendance of the actors’ close peers and friends.

On this day, Kwon Sang Woo’s close friend Kim Hyung Joon went up on stage. Kim Hyung Joon said of his friend, “He is someone who becomes so damaged because of his honesty. I am saying this now, but when Kwon Sang Woo married Son Tae Young, he had a really hard time“.

Kim Hyung Joon continued, “At the time, there were absurd rumors on the internet that couldn’t even be mentioned. Consequently, Kwon Sang Woo became distressed because of this. At that time, Kwon Sang Woo was such a popular star that it was really difficult to announce his marriage to Son Tae Young“.

*quoted image*

Because of Kwon Sang Woo’s many CFs and contracts, he could not announce his marriage to Son Tae Young that easily. Kim Hyung Joon added, “I’ve been friends with Kwon Sang Woo for 10 years and I don’t think I remember a time that he had such a difficult time with something. One time we even went to the Han River and he bawled his eyes out. I think it was my first time seeing him like that“.

At the Han River, Kwon Sang Woo said while crying, “I have to protect my woman. I can’t just break my promise I made to her. I want to keep that promise no matter what”. He then settled his emotions by telling himself, “I started with nothing so it’s okay if I go back to nothing“.

Kim Hyung Joon went on to say, “At the time of Kwon Sang Woo’s marriage announcement, the amount of money that he lost would probably have been around the same as what one would’ve obtained by winning the lottery 10 times. I couldn’t be more proud of Kwon Sang Woo, who chose to keep his love despite all this. When I see him happily raising a family it makes me envious. He’s a wonderful person“.

He continued “I don’t know if Kwon Sang Woo saw the drama ‘The Greatest Love‘ but if he did, I think he would’ve felt peculiar“. Kwon Sang Woo replied, “I was overseas, but Son Tae Young and I always made sure to watch ‘The Greatest Love’. We kept saying ‘This is the story of us’ while watching the drama.

Meanwhile, the movie ‘Pain’, which is based off a comic, tells a story about a man named ‘Nam Soon’ (played by Kwon Sang Woo) who is unable to feel anything, while ‘Dong Hyun’ (played by Jung Ryeo Won) is a woman who feels extreme pain with even the slightest injuries.

This melodramatic movie is set to premiere this September.

*** “I started with nothing so it’s okay if I go back to nothing“. I love what he said..... This is so sweet…..these are beautiful words coming from a perfect & romantic man. Son Tae Young just found one. I’m deeply moved by his words. Giving up all that just for her. All the money he lost because of contracts and etc are nothing compare to what he got now - they have a beautiful & cute son! I knew there was a reason why I love this man. I've been his fan ever since I watched Stairway to Heaven. So happy for him and his wife. I witnessed his hard time thru the news that time. But they make a good couple. :sweatingbullets:

*** He lost his chance for a Hollywood debut before but at least now he gets to act with Jackie Chan! Yeee…..this will be interesting. I think this could lead to more than exposure in the Asian markets ……. He deserves this big break. .Surely it’s a big opportunity for Kwon Sang Woo…He is a good actor so he will have his own moments in the movie. Hopefully, Jacky’s magnanimous enough to allow equal screen time. I’m happy for Kwon Sang Woo. He does have beautiful kicks - not as lethal as Jet Li’s however, it’s mesmerizing to watch. KSW’s movie “Almost Love” - he’s an aspiring Jackie Chan there. Good luck to him! I wish him well! There are certainly more and more K-actors/actresses being offered roles in overseas film these days, which attest to the popularity of K entertainment. :lol:

Kwon Sang-woo to share the big screen with Jackie Chan

by sassychef | July 23, 2011

KwonSangWoo_JackieChan1.jpg

Actor Kwon Sang-woo (My Tutor Friend, Daemul, Cinderella Man) who started his career showing off his fab bod as a model in the early 90′s and started the mom-zzang movement will be appearing on the big screen with Hong Kong star Jackie Chan. His career has been a bit of a roller coaster ride since his debut, and suffered a bit of a slump, but has had a recent revival with the box office hit Into the Gunfire and the success of his latest drama Daemul.

On June 6, Kwon Sang-woo started filming the movie 12 Chinese Zodiac Heads in Paris. I’m intrigued by the pairing of Kwon Sang-woo and Jackie Chan together. My first impression of Kwon Sang-woo from his first hit movie, My Tutor Friend, is one of a cocky bad boy itching for a fight at every turn… Pair that with the easygoing goofiness of Jackie Chan? Could this new team-up be better than Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan? Or will this new duo be standing on opposing sides trying to out-kick each other?

This movie is slated to be the first of an action-packed blockbuster trilogy starring Jackie Chan with an astounding estimated budget of 100 billion won. Even though it is a Chinese Epic Series, the anticipation for the series is high due to the popularity of Chan in the lead role. With the high budget of the film as well as the appeal of the lead actor, this could possibly be an opportunity for Kwon Sang-woo to expand his acting career to a wider audience in Asia. Will the bad boy be able to break the barrier with this movie?

With the filming of the movie well under way in Paris, the rest will be shot in other parts of the world including Thailand, Dubai, Taiwan and China. Mark your calendars — the first installment of the series, 12 Chinese Zodiac Heads, will be kicking its way to the theaters by the New Year!

Via TV Report

Kwon Sang-woo and Jeong Ryeo-won, the most painful kiss

20110725161419066.jpg

The man is looking far ahead, the woman is closing her eyes. The man is bruised everywhere.

The main poster of movie "Painted" with kwon Sang-woo and Jeong Ryeo-won's affectionate kiss has been revealed.

The poster released by distributor Lotte Entertainment, has the two sharing an affectionate kiss.

The two are kissing but kwon Sang-woo is looking far and Jeong Ryeo-won has half her eyes closed.

"Painted" is the heart-aching love story of Nam-soon (kwon Sang-woo) who can't feel pain due to an acquired disease and Dong-hyeon (Jeong Ryeo-won) to whom even the slightest bit of pain can be fatal.

The writing "There is no love in this world that doesn't hurt" mean the different pains the two people have.

This movie is based on the original by Kang Pool and the tenth project of director Kwak Gyeong-teak with kwon Sang-woo and Jeong Ryeo-won. It is in post production before its release for Chuseok.

Source : movie.daum.net/movieI... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

*** Just wondering if the title of this movie has been changed from "Pain" to "Painted"? Why.................I prefer the original one..........Why, Painted, huh? <_<

Trailer revealed for the upcoming Korean movie "Painted"

photo185058.jpg

Trailer revealed for the upcoming Korean movie "Painted"

My link

"Painted" (2011)

Directed by Kwak Gyeong-taek

With kwon Sang-woo, Jeong Ryeo-won, Ma Dong-seok,...

Synopsis

Based on a cartoon by Kang Pool. A love story about a man who can't feel pain at all and a woman who is very sensitive to pain.

Release date in Korea : 2011/09

Characters

My link

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor... ( English Korean )

Guest wutmuvi

Thanks for the update everyone.... I love the movie trailer.  Both characters in the movie suffers too much with their sickness or disease,  that's why the director probably change the title to "Painted" or maybe news typo .He wanted both characters to paint their beautiful love together.  The trailer looks really sad toward the end.

Cute pix of KSW's family

25b19497fdd6fdc111f5ca93f2285d8f.jpg

Credit as stated

Thanks for the update everyone.... I love the movie trailer.  Both characters in the movie suffers too much with their sickness or disease,  that's why the director probably change the title to "Painted" or maybe news typo .He wanted both characters to paint their beautiful love together.  The trailer looks really sad toward the end.

Cute pix of KSW's family

*quoted image*

Credit as stated

*** Thanks for posting this photo. But where's Luke here, huh? I don't think that's him - it's a "she" to me........ :sweatingbullets:

Guest sw4ever

Kwon Sang Woo spends some time with his family

20110804_kwonsangwoo_family.jpg

A photo of Kwon Sang Woo’s family outing was recently revealed!

On August 3rd, a photo of the actor’s family was posted online under the title, “Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young with their son”, grabbing a lot of attention from fans.

In the photo, Kwon Sang Woo is seen sporting a white T-shirt paired with black pants, while his wife is seen wearing a sleeveless navy-blue dress. Because of their comfortable choice of attire, the photo shows the family in a natural light.

Also seen in the photo is the couple’s son, Luke Kwon. The little tot is seen munching on some bread while staring straight into the camera.

In response, netizens commented, “You look very happy”, “Kwon Sang Woo’s son grew a lot”, and “I wish you perpetual happiness.”

Aren’t they just the cutest family in Korea?

Source: TV Report via Nate

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/kwon-sang-woo-spends-some-time-with-his-family

Kwon Sang Woo 's DaeMul drama series will be shown in Philippine primetime TV this coming august 8, 2011 :wub:

Big Thing - is the title they will use in the Philippines:wub:

here's the facebook fanpage for Big Thing in the Philippines:wub:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/bigthingph

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/bigthinggma

Kwon Sang Woo spends some time with his family

*quoted image*

A photo of Kwon Sang Woo’s family outing was recently revealed!

On August 3rd, a photo of the actor’s family was posted online under the title, “Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young with their son”, grabbing a lot of attention from fans.

In the photo, Kwon Sang Woo is seen sporting a white T-shirt paired with black pants, while his wife is seen wearing a sleeveless navy-blue dress. Because of their comfortable choice of attire, the photo shows the family in a natural light.

Also seen in the photo is the couple’s son, Luke Kwon. The little tot is seen munching on some bread while staring straight into the camera.

In response, netizens commented, “You look very happy”, “Kwon Sang Woo’s son grew a lot”, and “I wish you perpetual happiness.”

Aren’t they just the cutest family in Korea?

Source: TV Report via Nate

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/kwon-sang-woo-spends-some-time-with-his-family

Kwon Sang Woo 's DaeMul drama series will be shown in Philippine primetime TV this coming august 8, 2011 :wub:

Big Thing - is the title they will use in the Philippines:wub:

here's the facebook fanpage for Big Thing in the Philippines:wub:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/bigthingph

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/bigthinggma

Hi sw4ever, thanks for sharing this news here. Finally..............got something to read about KSW! Beautiful picture! So heartwarming and sweet. The cutest family ever! So, that's really Luke - he looks like a girl......looks like he's wearing a dress? He deserves all the happiness in the world.....So nice to see that they're enjoying a day out. Luke needs someone to play with too now - hehehe. He grew up so fast. And so cute. Awwwwww...........they went through so much before. :rolleyes:

Kwon Sang-woo, Song Kang-ho, Kim Myeong-min throw themselves in for a movie

20110804140708129.jpg

The way the actors spur a willing horse in the movies is raising expectations.

kwon Sang-woo from "Paintes", Song Kang-ho from "Blue Salt" and Kim Myeong-min from "Pacemaker" are good examples.

Despite it being a mellow movie about a man who acquires the disability to feel pain in guilt and the aftereffects of having lost his family in a car accident but finds love that approaches him most painfully but strongly, kwon Sang-woo's performance in the movie is unlike any other action film.

As his character is, kwon Sang-woo had many abusive scenes such as falling from a tall building, getting the head with a plank, hitting down his own hand with a brick and being slapped several times, all of which, he carried out perfectly.

In a scene where he is quarreling with Jeong Ryeo-won and jumps a wall, he hurt his ankle but he didn't even make notice of it and carried on with the shoot.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Guest sw4ever

Hi sw4ever, thanks for sharing this news here. Finally..............got something to read about KSW! Beautiful picture! So heartwarming and sweet. The cutest family ever! So, that's really Luke - he looks like a girl......looks like he's wearing a dress?  He deserves all the happiness in the world.....So nice to see that they're enjoying a day out. Luke needs someone to play with too now - hehehe. He grew up so fast. And so cute. Awwwwww...........they went through so much before.  :rolleyes:

Luke wear jumpsuit :wub:

they watched "Cloud Bread-the musical" at the universal arts center:wub:

son tae young also went to paris, she visit ksw in the shooting of chinese zodiac with jackie chan:wub:

ksw have a break from  the shooting chinese zodiac to do something for movie pain

ksw will go to beijing in the shooting again for chinese zodiac , they will have a shooting also in dubai, thailand, taiwan .chinese zodiac will be finish filming maybe in december 2011.:wub:

all the sacrifice, its worth it, beautiful and happy family :wub:

i hope every girls in the world will meet a guy like kwon sang woo, he choose love, a perfect prince charming not only in the drama series or movie he played. but in real life:wub:

Luke wear jumpsuit :wub:

they watched "Cloud Bread-the musical" at the universal arts center:wub:

son tae young also went to paris, she visit ksw in the shooting of chinese zodiac with jackie chan:wub:

ksw have a break from  the shooting chinese zodiac to do something for movie pain

ksw will go to beijing in the shooting again for chinese zodiac , they will have a shooting also in dubai, thailand, taiwan .chinese zodiac will be finish filming maybe in december 2011.:wub:

all the sacrifice, its worth it, beautiful and happy family :wub:

i hope every girls in the world will meet a guy like kwon sang woo, he choose love, a perfect prince charming not only in the drama series or movie he played. but in real life:wub:

sw4ever, thanks for sharing here some infos about the family picture above. Ye, his movie filming with JC is not yet completed - he just came back in Korea to attend the presscon for his another movie, Pain. I do agree with you - all the sacrifices that they had are all worth it. I hope all his (3) movies will be a hit! He’s an awesome actor. Just by looking at the picture with his wife & son, I’m mesmerized. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Best friends Kwon Sang-woo and So Ji-sub compete with mellow this fall

20110818104545909.jpg

Best friends kwon Sang-woo and So Ji-sub will compete with mellow acts this fall. The two take on the roles of men with deep wounds on the inside but love women with physical pain.

kwon Sang-woo is Nam-soon, a man who doesn't feel pain but loves a woman who feels critical pain even at the smallest touch in the movie "Painted". Nam-soon doesn't feel pain as he feels guilty of a car accident that killed his family when he was young. It has been said that him and partner Jeong Ryeo-won truly touched the hearts of those who saw their affection.

Standing up to this is So Ji-sub's "Only You - Movie" in which he plays the role of former boxer Cheol-min. He had to come down from the ring because of his dark past but puts his life on the line for a woman who losing her sight. Apparently, the staff admired So Ji-sub's perfect immersion in the character.

This fall, acting VS comedy VS grinding

20110818112647452.jpg

The curtains have raised for the movies this Chuseok. It seems like there's going to be a tense competition amongst highly looked-forward-to movies this fall.

Starting with "Blue Salt" being released on the first of September, "Painted", "Marrying the Mafia IV - Family Ordeal", and "The Day He Arrives" will greet audiences all at once n the 8th. Movies, "Countdown", "Fighting Spirit", "The Crucible", "The Client" and more are coming soon.

◆The 'Gods' have returned

The first things that catches the attention is the return of skilled actors and actresses. "Blue Salt" is a movie by Song Kang-ho, actor of actors in Korea. He returns as a man who wants to hide his past and live a quiet life along with "High Kick Through The Roof" actress Sin Se-kyeong. The way the two have their guns pointed at each other reminds us of "Leon".

'Queen of Cannes' Jeon Do-yeon returns with Jeong Jae-yeong in "Countdown". Coming at the end of September, Jeon Do-yeon is a beautiful fraud who speaks nothing but lies. Another actor of actors Jeong Jae-young acts with her 9 years after 2002 movie "No Blood No Tears".

◆There should be a touching story behind the laugh

Laughter can't be left out this Chuseok. The creator of the "Family" series Jeong Tae-won will revive the honor of the series that gathered 15,000,000 viewers with the new "Marrying the Mafia IV – Family Ordeal". It consists of the story that happens when Kim Soo-mi, Shin Hyeon-joon, Tak Jae-hoon, Jeong Joon-ha, Hyeon Yeong, Lim Hyeong-joon and more go on their first overseas vacation.

Cha Tae-hyeon from "Speedy Scandal" and "Hello Ghost" is a jockey in the movie "Champ". It has the slight taste of Cha Tae-hyeon's human comedy but this time it's a touching drama. A jockey who gave up his dreams after an accident gets together with a horse that was also in an accident. Based on a true story, it is determined to touch the hearts of family audiences.

Waited for this day to come!

Several strong players have been looking for the right chance, grinding their teeth. Director Kwak Gyeong-taek knocks on the audiences' doors in a long time with "Paintes". It is based on an original by Kang Pool about the love between a man who can't feel and a woman who has hemophilia. kwon Sang-woo and Jeong Ryeo-won take the lead.

Director Kim Sang-jin recovers from the failure of "Attack the Gas Station 2" and aims for a twist with "Fighting Spirit". Kim Seon-ah takes on the role of the wife who patiently supported Kim Joo-hyeok, her husband the pitcher. Kim Sang-jin's comedy renewed itself as Kim Joo-hyeok met with Kim Seon-ah.

Guest sw4ever

DaeMul DVD in Japan release. and also DaeMul series will shown in Fuji TV starting September 5

585e48fad33c365a0c7f9d291797c1fd.jpg

d19da9a4733a8e4e3f49a6395265ed09.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo cover in CosmoMen Magazine September issue

f3cc851fedf9207014667dcad5edc8ae.jpg

Pain:wub:

d6fbe860038b9d0d0da779f516eb026f.jpg

8bd5d225df1f8c94b90cf5a582e477b6.jpg

78f8c96d87612ee6c5d8a1aabd71b4b7.jpg

5a4059c16eda0a64b65cb7b130c0d7ab.jpg

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/dreamsan_2006/e/ffb6d9fbffd277e322ecae8716168272

Pain Presscon:wub:

4f69e924e60cac88ee5a7333af46b6c2.jpg

95646cf6835b995b5ae117cdde4cb79c.jpg

2111f1521ed1ef60277c87b0f4eb0355.jpg

a659fa50564b7de5ab67871fa0ee8cba.jpg

3265839f1cccd17d8a27363148bd291e.jpg

27236ac5eac01eb69e5c79f33aa3d916.jpg

0d2c064d5a52edfc11b233f58d1a1ff3.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo tore ligaments while filming for ‘Pain’

It was recently revealed that actor Kwon Sang Woo tore four ligaments in his ankle while filming for his new movie ironically titled, ‘Pain‘.

During an interview with Newsen, a representative from ‘Pain’ stated, “There was a scene in which Kwon Sang Woo had to jump off a rooftop and then again jump towards the director Kwak Kyung Taek, and it was in that particular scene that he injured his ankle. But he showed his fighting spirit as he did not complain and continued to work.”

He continued, “Sang Woo had to limp through the rest of the scenes and this limp actually seemed to suit his character of Nam Soon better so we modified the story accordingly. It looked more natural.”

Kwon Sang Woo admitted that his ankle was, “still not better” and that he was, “seeking medical treatment at the hospital.”

‘Pain’ is set to hit the big screen sometime in September and tells the love story between a man unable to feel any physical pain after being the only one of his family members to survive a tragic car accident and a woman to whom even the slightest amount of pain may be extremely fatal.

Kwon Sang Woo plays the role of ‘Nam Soon’ who lives a meaningless life after losing his family, and because the accident left him physically unable to feel pain- he takes on jobs that require him to abuse his body. Because he took on this kind of role, Kwon Sang Woo had to shoot many action-packed scenes.

He had previously injured his ankle before while filming ‘Into the Fire‘ and shortly after suffered another ankle injury while playing football, so his ankle was in poor shape going into ‘Pain’.