Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Guest mzangelgurl

been pretty busy so i haven't been able to stop by the thread much but glad to see it's alive and well. :)

so happy about his award. he shared asia's best star award with snsd and jerry yan. :D

i pray that 2011 will really be ksw's year!

the main cast is more important, KSWFANHNN, i thought they just mentioned KSW and JRW as protagonists, thats enough :)

and yes, the 16th Asian Top Model Awards took place in Jan 21

KSW received and awards, my Godness, any kindhelp, pls tell me what is the award he was receiving? lol :)

Here some photos

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

PS, one of our Vietnam models, Lan Huong got lucky seat nearby oppa.. She told our news that the most happiest and proud to her life is the chance sitting nearby Kwon Sang Woooooooooooooo. Here is the photo:

*quoted image*

Credit as stated

Hi TY, thanks for posting more photos during this awarding event. This is one of Asia's biggest modeling events, with models from Korea, China, Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Mongolia. Here, some of k-pop's biggest acts were also honored with various awards. The award for "Asia's Best Star" goes to KSW, Girl's Generation & Jerry Yan. Congratulations to KSW! Well, he's going a lot of hard work to be a successful actor & he deserves this. It's so nice that he's being recognized for his achievements in other Asian countries. :sweatingbullets:

been pretty busy so i haven't been able to stop by the thread much but glad to see it's alive and well.  :)

so happy about his award. he shared asia's best star award with snsd and jerry yan.  :D

i pray that 2011 will really be ksw's year!

Oh yesssssss, hopefully! Mzangelgurl ^^

Here are few more pix of KSW at the award

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Credit as stated

Thanks much for the updated pix, Kswfanhnn :)

Hi TY, thanks for posting more photos during this awarding event. This is one of Asia's biggest modeling events, with models from Korea, China, Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Mongolia. Here, some of k-pop's biggest acts were also honored with various awards. The award for "Asia's Best Star" goes to KSW, Girl's Generation & Jerry Yan. Congratulations to KSW! Well, he's going a lot of hard work to be a successful actor & he deserves this. It's so nice that he's being recognized for his achievements in other Asian countries.  :sweatingbullets:

i still long for another drama, like Hadoya, no more tear in this year, for him!! yah!

still hope, his coming partner is among my fav too, kkkekkeke!!! :wub:

Guest Unauth0r123d_C0nn3ct10n

Wow! 

All very nice pictures taken of my favorite Korean actor...KWON SANG WOO!!!!!!  wub.gifblush.gif

Nice thread as well :)

귄 상 우  사랑해요 !!!

*** This news is cool! The French TV channel will air two Korean movies. I'm sure this will be dubbed. KSW & TOP are so cool in this movie! :lol:

71: Into The Fire' and 'Private Eye' Will Air on French Television

4222-9957kz6oah.jpg

The French TV channel, +CINEMA, will air two Korean movies, 'Private Eye' and '71: Into The Fire'. 'Private Eye' is the first one to air today.

Korean movies even caught the attention of the French television. A famous French TV channel, +CINEMA, is going to air 'Private Eye' (2009) and '71: Into the Fire' (2010).

The thriller, 'Private Eye' (L'oeil du privé), directed by Park Dae Min is starring Hwang Jeong Min, Oh Dal Su, Bae Jun Wu, Jo Chang Hyeon, Kim Seo Won, Kim So Hee. It tells the story about a detective who is investigating about the disappearance of a politician's son and plays in 1910.

'Private Eye' (L'oeil du privé) will air today at 5.55 p.m. (UTC/GMT+1) and on 31st January at 9.50 a.m. (UTC/GMT+1).

The 2nd movie to air, '71: Into The Fire' starring Kwon Sang Woo, Kim Seung Woo and Big Bang's T.O.P (Choi Seung Hyeon) is about 71 South-Korean student fighting against the North-Korean battalion during the Korean War in 1959.

This popular movie is going to air 4 times on +CINEMA. First of all on 26th January at 8.45 p.m. (UTC/GMT+1), then on 28th January at 8.15 a.m. (UTC/GMT+1) and on 30th January at 10.55 a.m. (UTC/GMT+1). The last airing will be on 1st February at 3.10 p.m. (UTC/GMT+1).

Are you going to watch it?

Source : http://www.gokpop.com/news/71-into-the-fire-and-private-eye-will-air-on-french-television::4222.html

Wow! 

All very nice pictures taken of my favorite Korean actor...KWON SANG WOO!!!!!!  *quoted image**quoted image*

Nice thread as well :)

귄 상 우  사랑해요 !!!

Hi Unauth0r123d ^^

Welcome to KSW house!

Saranghaeyo Kwon Sang Woo :)

***  This news is cool! The French TV channel will air two Korean movies. I'm sure this will be dubbed. KSW & TOP are so cool in this movie!  :lol:

71: Into The Fire' and 'Private Eye' Will Air on French Television

*quoted image*

The French TV channel, +CINEMA, will air two Korean movies, 'Private Eye' and '71: Into The Fire'. 'Private Eye' is the first one to air today.

Korean movies even caught the attention of the French television. A famous French TV channel, +CINEMA, is going to air 'Private Eye' (2009) and '71: Into the Fire' (2010).

The 2nd movie to air, '71: Into The Fire' starring Kwon Sang Woo, Kim Seung Woo and Big Bang's T.O.P (Choi Seung Hyeon) is about 71 South-Korean student fighting against the North-Korean battalion during the Korean War in 1959.

This popular movie is going to air 4 times on +CINEMA. First of all on 26th January at 8.45 p.m. (UTC/GMT+1), then on 28th January at 8.15 a.m. (UTC/GMT+1) and on 30th January at 10.55 a.m. (UTC/GMT+1). The last airing will be on 1st February at 3.10 p.m. (UTC/GMT+1).

Are you going to watch it?

Source : http://www.gokpop.co...sion::4222.html

Thanks dear for the article,

Hopefully after watching the film we will see French women shouting out Kwon sang Woo, je t'aime!!! hahhahahha :w00t:

Hello !!! Greeting to all KSW's fan  :rolleyes:  Can't wait to see his new movie and drama coming out soon.

After watching Daemul, KSW is my favorite korean actor.  He can really perform his character well.  Looking forward to his new projects.

Guest kswfanhnn

Hello !!! Greeting to all KSW's fan  :rolleyes:  I'm glad I found his thread. Can't wait to see his new movie and drama coming out soon.

After watching Daemul, KSW is my favorite korean actor.  He can really perform his character well.  Looking forward to his new projects.

Hi mi2u2! Good to see you. I remember I saw you in Daemul thread. Welcome to KSW thread!!!

Oh Thanks to TY_KSW, willette and many others keeping this thread updates.

Hello !!! Greeting to all KSW's fan  :rolleyes:  Can't wait to see his new movie and drama coming out soon.

Hi mi2u2, he has an upcoming movie so far. KSW is brilliant in choosing his projects - he balances his work very well - he just finished doing a drama & now he gives us another movie this time. Talking about his last drama, I'm currently watching this continuously - I'm only on EP2 - shame on me. He's not only my favorite actor but I love this man. He's a good actor. Can't wait for this movie. Well, anything there is KSW. . . .I’m watching it. :lol:

Thank you kswfanhnn and willenette for welcome me :)

I'm currently watching KSW other movie and drama.  Something about his charm and acting that caught my .......:wub:  

I heard there is a talked regarding the female lead in the movie "Pain" with KSW is Jeong Ryeo Won.  I'm not sure if this info is correct.

*quoted image*

Sangwoo is doing a movie ..... called Pain? phew.gif ...... n she's d lead? Hmmph! Such incompatibility! -_- ..... STY might find her a pain in d neck! rofl26nr.gif

What's Pain all about dears? B)

Sangwoo is doing a movie ..... called Pain? :phew: ...... n she's d lead? Hmmph! Such incompatibility! -_- ..... STY might find her a pain in d neck! *quoted image*

What's Pain all about dears? B)

Hi moi, we missed you here with TY - so nice to see & read your post again. Ye, he'll be doing a movie soon with JRW as her female partner. Just wait & see.....they might have good chemistry together. "Pain" unfolds around a loan shark who can’t feel pain and a woman who is hyper-sensitive to the pain of others due to hemophilia. Despite her condition, her character possesses a spirited personality, and the romance melodrama unfolds around the couple’s bickering dynamic as they fall in love. The plot is interesting. The project is based on a manhwa of the same name. "Pain" will begin filming anytime this month after it completes the rest of its casting. :lol:

Hawaii Strong on Korean Content!

A “KDRAMA” tab is one of 12 under the category of Features on the website of Hawaii newspaper, Star Advertiser. http://www.staradvertiser.com/features/kdrama/

Alongside news on Korean content are weekly synopses of Korean television dramas currently airing on KBFD, the Honolulu TV station which bills itself as the “pioneer in Asian programming”. In fact, if you go to the KBFD top page - http://www.kbfd.com/eng/ – you’ll see current primetime dramas being aired including “Smile, Mom”, “Dae Mul” and “Secret Garden”.

And, a recent report in the San Francisco Chronicle spoke about a weekly English-language TV show on Korean culture which will debut on KBFD in March. The story states: “The new series will include ‘celebrity interviews and features on food, entertainment, shopping and tour attractions,’ according to KBFD general manager Jeff Chung.” Chung, by the way, is the author of the KDRAMA section in the Advertiser.

The Chronicle also points to the upcoming Honolulu Festival – Pacific Harmony, set for March 11-13. Through educational programs and activities sponsored by the Honolulu Festival Foundation, the event continues to share the rich and vibrant blend of Asia, Pacific and Hawaiian cultures with the rest of the world. There will be free arts and dance performances by Korean groups, as well as those of many other Asian and Pacific cultures. Venues include the Hawai’i Convention Center, Ala Moana Shopping Center, Waikiki Beach Walk and Waikiki Shopping Plaza. http://www.honolulufestival.com/index.php

Credit : kocca

http://korean-content.com/2011/02/01/hawaii-strong-on-korean-content/

Hi moi, we missed you here with TY - so nice to see & read your post again. Ye, he'll be doing a movie soon with JRW as her female partner. Just wait & see.....they might have good chemistry together. "Pain" unfolds around a loan shark who can’t feel pain and a woman who is hyper-sensitive to the pain of others due to hemophilia. Despite her condition, her character possesses a spirited personality, and the romance melodrama unfolds around the couple’s bickering dynamic as they fall in love. The plot is interesting. The project is based on a manhwa of the same name. "Pain" will begin filming anytime this month after it completes the rest of its casting. :lol:

Thank u dear! :D ..... hemophilia eh? phew.gif ..... then d female character wud have to die a slow n agonising death in d end -_- ..... sure to boost d box office takings! w00t.gif ...... n maybe to console Sangwoo's character, to have a sweet n demure n innocent newbie come in at d end! :P

February 4, 2011

Korean Cinema Series Launches at the Korean Cultural Center in Washington D.C.

110203_4452035647.jpg

The Korean Embassy's Korean Cultural Center in Washington D.C. held its first Korean Cinema Series film screening on Friday, January 28, part of a new program with the sole purpose of introducing Korean movies and culture to American audiences. The program’s launch has been anticipated since the installation last year of a new state-of-the-art theater system at the Center, also known as KORUS House. Screenings will be held on the last Friday of each month; all films are shown in Korean with English subtitles.

With more than 70 people in attendance, the inaugural screening featured the famous Korean movie, “71: Into The Fire” (Pohwa Sokeuro / 포화 속으로) directed by John H. Lee. Released in 2010, “71: Into The Fire” tells the story of 71 student soldier trainees who fought against the North Korean army during the 1950-53 Korean War. Based on a true story, the film focuses on the students’ personal stories and how they engaged in a fierce battle as the last line of defense at a middle school in Pohang, attempting to hold out until the arrival of South Korean and Allied troops. The film strives to portray the intensity of the military conflict between North and South, two countries that share the same history and culture.

For it’s next screening, KORUS House is planning to show “Speedy Scandal” (Gwa Sok Seu Kaen Deul / 과속스캔들), which was 2008’s biggest box-office success in Korea. In this comedy, the much sought-after celebrity Nam Hyun-soo is visited by a young single mom and her seven-year-old son, claiming he is the boy’s father. Hyun-soo doesn’t accept them at first, but after a couple of months of living together, they begin to bond and realize how precious a family is. An official announcement for the screening will be made later in February.

By Jihye Goo

Credit : Dynamic Korea.com

http://www.dynamic-korea.com/news/view_news.php?uid=201100333569&main=DPL&sub=

Hi moi, we missed you here with TY - so nice to see & read your post again. Ye, he'll be doing a movie soon with JRW as her female partner. Just wait & see.....they might have good chemistry together. "Pain" unfolds around a loan shark who can’t feel pain and a woman who is hyper-sensitive to the pain of others due to hemophilia. Despite her condition, her character possesses a spirited personality, and the romance melodrama unfolds around the couple’s bickering dynamic as they fall in love. The plot is interesting. The project is based on a manhwa of the same name. "Pain" will begin filming anytime this month after it completes the rest of its casting.  :lol:

Hawaii Strong on Korean Content!

A “KDRAMA” tab is one of 12 under the category of Features on the website of Hawaii newspaper, Star Advertiser. http://www.staradver...eatures/kdrama/

Alongside news on Korean content are weekly synopses of Korean television dramas currently airing on KBFD, the Honolulu TV station which bills itself as the “pioneer in Asian programming”.  In fact, if you go to the KBFD top page - http://www.kbfd.com/eng/ – you’ll see current primetime dramas being aired including “Smile, Mom”, “Dae Mul” and “Secret Garden”.

And, a recent report in the San Francisco Chronicle spoke about a weekly English-language TV show on Korean culture which will debut on KBFD in March. The story states: “The new series will include ‘celebrity interviews and features on food, entertainment, shopping and tour attractions,’ according to KBFD general manager Jeff Chung.” Chung, by the way, is the author of the KDRAMA section in the Advertiser.

The Chronicle also points to the upcoming Honolulu Festival – Pacific Harmony, set for March 11-13. Through educational programs and activities sponsored by the Honolulu Festival Foundation, the event continues to share the rich and vibrant blend of Asia, Pacific and Hawaiian cultures with the rest of the world. There will be free arts and dance performances by Korean groups, as well as those of many other Asian and Pacific cultures. Venues include the Hawai’i Convention Center, Ala Moana Shopping Center, Waikiki Beach Walk and Waikiki Shopping Plaza. http://www.honoluluf...l.com/index.php

Credit : kocca

http://korean-conten...korean-content/

Thanks much dear Will for keeping this thread alive

I 've been away the city for days !! sorry for absence :)

Ohh so our man's drama will be in Hawaii soon!!! wow! The exotic women there will be craizy over Hadoya!!!!! :w00t:

Thank u dear!  :D  ..... hemophilia eh?  phew.gif  ..... then d female character wud have to die a slow n agonising death in d end  -_-  ..... sure to boost d box office takings! :w00t:  ...... n maybe to console Sangwoo's character, to have a sweet n demure n innocent newbie come in at d end!  :P

hahahha, i knew you will say so, my dear !!! :w00t:

Be sure the sweet n demure n innocent newbie must be healthy to take care of the lead man! i dun wanna see the newbie suffering same hemophilla like the ex !! kekekkekekekkeke!!! :D

Thanks much dear Will for keeping this thread alive

I 've been away the city for days !! sorry for absence :)

Ohh so our man's drama will be in Hawaii soon!!! wow! The exotic women there will be craizy over Hadoya!!!!! :w00t:

hahahha, i knew you will say so, my dear !!! :w00t:

Be sure the sweet n demure n innocent newbie must be healthy to take care of the lead man! i dun wanna see the newbie suffering same hemophilla like the ex !! kekekkekekekkeke!!! :D

Hi TY, no wonder I missed you for a while here - I hope you had a grand time, dear! Hahaha - there you are both with moi - that's why we missed her somehow! Going back to KSW, I also missed him - it's been quite a while also for not hearing some news about him. I'm sure he's in-town with his family to celebrate the Lunar New Year. I hope he could have some message to his fans - wonder if he has Twitter or FB - hehehe. It would be nice to have one so he could at least connect to his fans. I hope he’s doing really good! BTW, I wish you a Happy Lunar New Year, same with moi & everybody here! :lol:

(News) Kwon Sang Woo Gets a Love Call from Overseas

201102040956275002_11.jpg

Actor Kwon Sang Woo got a love call from overseas.

A representative revealed, "Kwon Sang Woo has been receiving various projects domestically and has also been receiving proposals for global film projects."

Continuing on, the representative of Kwon Sang Woo's entertainment said, "The fact about Kwon Sang Woo getting proposals from overseas is true. After he safely filmed the movie, Pain, people have been aggressively sending in proposals and we're planning on thinking through this very carefully."

Last year, Kwon Sang Woo was on SBS's Daemul and received lots of love from the viewers. Kwon Sang Woo will return to the screen with his first project of 2011, Pain. Pain is created from a popular comic book and has now been made into a movie.

The movie, Pain, is about a man who can't feel pain and is very sensitive to getting hurt due to Hemophilia but he meets a girl and starts arguing but later on realizes the feeling of love. The audience will watch the process as this man begins to understand the feeling of love in this melodrama movie. Kwon Sang Woo and Jung Ryu Won has partnered up for this movie.

Many are expecting great things from this movie due to Kwon Sang Woo's other melodrama works such as Friend Our Legend, Love and many others where he showed his strong charismatic side and his soft side.

Source: Hanafos

Translated By: Jiyeon@dkpopnews.com

(News) Kwon Sang Woo Gets a Love Call from Overseas

*quoted image*

Actor Kwon Sang Woo got a love call from overseas.

A representative revealed, "Kwon Sang Woo has been receiving various projects domestically and has also been receiving proposals for global film projects."

Continuing on, the representative of Kwon Sang Woo's entertainment said, "The fact about Kwon Sang Woo getting proposals from overseas is true. After he safely filmed the movie, Pain, people have been aggressively sending in proposals and we're planning on thinking through this very carefully."

Source: Hanafos

Translated By: Jiyeon@dkpopnews.com

The love call here means overseas proposal? omg, i thought it were another woman involved!!!

thanks much dear!

i m not surprised of this news, since his fame is popular exceed Asia already!!

KSW and  JRW  first official meeting  for the movie "Pain".  KSW has a new short haircut for the role?

*quoted image*

Credit: ksw baidu

short cut again? oh our man got short cut in the war drama then have it longer for Daemul

and now cut again! kekekek

thanks Wutmuvi for the update :)