Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Guest TY_KSW

what's this Daemul drama all about dear?  :unsure:  ......  wonder if there's a place for a wet piano by d beach? rofl26nr.gif

:w00t: 

Ayah!!! Moi ah Moi..

Daemul is about  the Lady president (first time in Korea) and a famous gigolo who was assigned by her enemy party to ruin her but afterward helps to reach the throne ^^

Ayah!!! Moi ah Moi..

Daemul is about  the Lady president (first time in Korea) and a famous gigolo who was assigned by her enemy party to ruin her but afterward helps to reach the throne ^^

u mean its only just starting showing? :blink: ..... moi thot it came out a long time ago :rolleyes:

:w00t:Polling.. He is # 1

The most sexy style actor in this Summer?

1. Kwon Sang Wooooooooooooooooo ^^:w00t:

f815f5dd4fa793479c44987.jpg

Source: http://www.innolife.net/index.htm

Hi TY, thanks for sharing this. It's just a poll but this is fun....... I'm happy to know that KSW is on top 1 here. Also, thanks for sharing the link but sorry, can't read it. Wondering who are some other actors here, huh? blush.gif

u mean its only just starting showing? :blink: ..... moi thot it came out a long time ago :rolleyes:

Hi moi, Daemul has not premiered yet. They're still filming this drama. Report said that it's gonna premier on October. :lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Hi TY, thanks for sharing this. It's just a poll but this is fun....... I'm happy to know that KSW is on top 1 here. Also, thanks for sharing the link but sorry, can't read it. Wondering who are some other actors here, huh?  blush.gif

Oh, sorry for not make it completed poll! hehehhe, i just focus to the man ^^

the following, runner ups are:

Song Seung Hun

Lee Byung Hun

Jung Woo Sung

Bae Yong Jun

So Ji Sup

LEe jung Jae

and etc ... etc... etc...

as long as our man is the 1st!!! w00t.gif  w00t.gif

Oh, sorry for not make it completed poll! hehehhe, i just focus to the man ^^

the following, runner ups are:

Song Seung Hun

Lee Byung Hun

Jung Woo Sung

Bae Yong Jun

So Ji Sup

LEe jung Jae

and etc ... etc... etc...

as long as our man is the 1st!!! w00t.gif  w00t.gif

Hi TY, thanks a lot for this. Ye, it's true - as long as our man is on-top! :lol:

*** Daemul will premiere next month, beginning October 6. It’ll replace My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho, which means it’ll be running against Playful Kiss and Fugitive. Tough battle! Drama overload. The only tough competition would be Fugitive. Besides, it’s a different audience for Daemul. Anyway, I have been waiting for this drama for a long, long time. I’m so glad this finally got off the ground. I am SO ready for this one! I love dramas where women are strong characters. There’s something about Cha-In-Pyo, which I find attractive – the fist time I saw him in Fireworks I already like him. I’ve always been a big fan of his. He looks so manly. He’s a good actor. Can’t wait to see Kwon Sang Woo. :sweatingbullets:

Korean Waves Reach India's NE Homes

By Ngathingkhui Jagoi

9947-20100902132934.jpg

Ms Viola Rainam hurriedly fed her children that evening. “There will be electric power from 6:00pm – 9:00pm today. I have to watch the Korean movie ‘Stairway to Heaven’,” she says. Like Ms Rainam, people glued to their television screens every evening watching the Korean DVD movies if there is power supply. Despite irregular power supply which comes hardly 2-3 hours a day or alternate days, their spirits are never dampened and people always make it a point to watch and finish the Korean serial movies which continue for days together.

There is a foreign invasion taking place in India’s Northeast region. But the invasion is not from neighbouring countries like China or Bangladesh. This time round, it is a cultural invasion. Oflate, the Northeastern states have been experiencing a shift in cultural assimilation from western Americanise ethos to Korean and Japanese culture.

The Rainam’s family lives in Ukhrul, a picturesque hill district of Manipur state in India bordering Myanmar. Not to talk of Ukhrul alone, there is a craze for Korean movies in Indian states bordering China, Bangladesh, Mynamar or Bhutan.

Korean movies – Full House, Boys over Flowers, My Girl, Green Rose, Stairway to Heaven and you name it, a 10-year old boy or girl would recall what movies he/she had watched. Talk about the favourite actors or actresses, they youths who sports the hairstyles of these Korean heroes and heroines would name Rain, Lee-Min-Ho, Kim-Bum for actors and Song-Kyiko, Lee-Da-Shea, Jang-Nara, Kuhye-Seon, etc and say ‘Sarange’ which means ‘I love you’

Korean culture is spreading like wild-fire across the North East India. Everything that’s Korean is selling hot. Korean culture ranging from soaps, music, food, movies. Markets flooded with Korean DVDs, sometimes pirated sold at 100-200 Indian Rupees. Every home has not less than 20 DVDs. The rooms of young people are adorned with posters of Korean actors. Koreans ethos has taken over hearts and homes of many families. The demand for Korean soaps, cinema, fashion and language is at a new peak.

(skipped unrelated.....)

The Korean wave has moved beyond a fad and is here to stay. But the cultural boom has helped the Koreans in two ways – promotes cultural ties and business deal follows.

Credit : Seoul Times

http://theseoultimes.com/ST/index.html

*** Hmmm.......so, this is how Kwon Sang Woo's get-up in this drama. He looks as if he gained a little weight. Seriously, he looks a bit old because of his hairstyle here? It looks awful. But on the bright side I'm so glad to see KSW back in small screen again. Is he still a gigolo here or play both characters? The “gigolo” storyline was the interesting part of this drama for me. I hope they keep the gigolo storyline to keep things interesting. I hope it goes well for KSW this time. I love him. :lol:

Kwon Sang-woo in Daemul

by javabeans | September 2, 2010

daemul12.jpg

Now it’s Kwon Sang-woo‘s turn to be featured in new Daemul stills. (His co-stars Go Hyun-jung and Cha In-pyo were the focus of the drama’s first stills released just a day prior.)

I’m a little confused with the description of his character: he’s a passionate prosecutor, Ha Do-ya, who is in a one-sided love with Seo Hye-rim (Go Hyun-jung), the former broadcast announcer who is elected to the presidency. Kwon had been announced early on to be taking on a gigolo role, Ha Ryu.

So, I looked up descriptions of the original comic, which describe Ha Do-ya as the older brother to Ha Ryu. Here’s the original story (more or less):

As a young man, Ryu was a bit of a troublemaker, his only interest and talent in seducing women as a top gigolo (think host at a bar, not hooker). Ryu’s father owned a small restaurant where he once served the president. His specialty was the president’s favorite dish, and Dad was brought to work at the Blue House, the presidential residence.

One day, while serving the president at a party in Jeju Island, Dad happened to see something he shouldn’t have seen, and the president’s advisers arranged to kill him off in what looked like an accident. Ryu’s older brother was also killed for political reasons in front of his young child.

Ryu had nothing to go on and the killers remained uncaught, but he decided that if he could gain entree to the Blue House, he’d find out from the inside. His plan was twofold: First, he’d perfect his father’s secret recipe and try to get in that way. Second, he’d work with a presidential candidate — Hye-rim — and make sure she got elected, so that he would be brought into the Blue House with her. At first she’s suspicious but I’m sure he convinces her somehow. As they work together, he becomes her right-hand man and they grow closer.

daemul10.jpg

Now, I’m not sure how much of that will get translated into the drama — that’s just what I found on the manhwa. On one hand, I suppose you can’t throw out the entire story if you’re adapting the drama from a prior work. On the other, the (limited) descriptions I’ve seen on Daemul don’t point to this kind of revenge-conspiracy story. Maybe Kwon will play both characters?

In the following scenes, Kwon’s character is investigating a leading member of parliament, which devolves into a physical fight. As you can see. With him is Lee Soo-kyung, who attempts to interfere with his investigation.

Daemul will premiere on October 6.

daemul11.jpg

Via Star News

Korean Waves Reach India's NE Homes

By Ngathingkhui Jagoi

9947-20100902132934.jpg

Ms Viola Rainam hurriedly fed her children that evening. “There will be electric power from 6:00pm – 9:00pm today. I have to watch the Korean movie ‘Stairway to Heaven’,” she says. Like Ms Rainam, people glued to their television screens every evening watching the Korean DVD movies if there is power supply. Despite irregular power supply which comes hardly 2-3 hours a day or alternate days, their spirits are never dampened and people always make it a point to watch and finish the Korean serial movies which continue for days together.

There is a foreign invasion taking place in India’s Northeast region. But the invasion is not from neighbouring countries like China or Bangladesh. This time round, it is a cultural invasion. Oflate, the Northeastern states have been experiencing a shift in cultural assimilation from western Americanise ethos to Korean and Japanese culture.

The Rainam’s family lives in Ukhrul, a picturesque hill district of Manipur state in India bordering Myanmar. Not to talk of Ukhrul alone, there is a craze for Korean movies in Indian states bordering China, Bangladesh, Mynamar or Bhutan.

Korean movies – Full House, Boys over Flowers, My Girl, Green Rose, Stairway to Heaven and you name it, a 10-year old boy or girl would recall what movies he/she had watched. Talk about the favourite actors or actresses, they youths who sports the hairstyles of these Korean heroes and heroines would name Rain, Lee-Min-Ho, Kim-Bum for actors and Song-Kyiko, Lee-Da-Shea, Jang-Nara, Kuhye-Seon, etc and say ‘Sarange’ which means ‘I love you’

Korean culture is spreading like wild-fire across the North East India. Everything that’s Korean is selling hot. Korean culture ranging from soaps, music, food, movies. Markets flooded with Korean DVDs, sometimes pirated sold at 100-200 Indian Rupees. Every home has not less than 20 DVDs. The rooms of young people are adorned with posters of Korean actors. Koreans ethos has taken over hearts and homes of many families. The demand for Korean soaps, cinema, fashion and language is at a new peak.

(skipped unrelated.....)

The Korean wave has moved beyond a fad and is here to stay. But the cultural boom has helped the Koreans in two ways – promotes cultural ties and business deal follows.

Credit : Seoul Times

http://theseoultimes.com/ST/index.html

phew.gif wonder whether her fave scene is that piano scene by d beach in d last epi 36_11_6.gif