Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Kwon Sang-woo fined 5 mln won for car accident

20100604092151032827922_00000078_1_PA.jpg

Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo, who was indicted on charges of fleeing after colliding his car into several vehicles over a month ago, has received a fine of five million won for the incident.

The Seoul Central Prosecutors' Office announced Tuesday that they have summarily indicted the actor for violating traffic laws on the count of not taking immediate action after an accident.

Late last month, it became belatedly known that the actor had crashed into several vehicles including a police car near Seoul's Cheongdam-dong district during the early hours of June 12 and fled the scene soon after.

Police had initially said Kwon had collided into a parked car when they discovered him driving on the wrong side of the road, then ran his car into the police vehicle trying to back out from the collision, and drove away for about 300 meters before hitting a flowerbed.

He abandoned his vehicle and fled the scene, showing up at the police station two days later to undergo investigation for the incident.

At the time, the actor reportedly told the authorities, "The police car was following me and I got scared... I was not drunk driving."

He was only charged for the hit-and-run since the police could not check his alcohol level at the time of the accident.

The following week, the case was turned over to prosecutors as an incident in which Kwon did not take immediate action for the damage he inflicted.

An official at Seoul's Gangnam Police Station explained the actor had crossed over a centerline to turn into an alley, as opposed to driving on the opposite side of the road, adding that he is likely to receive a fine for the incident since there were no casualties involved and damage was done only to property.

Authorities then called in the actor for investigation on July 9, but were unable to find evidence that he had been drunk driving at the time he caused the accident.

Kwon himself is also said to have vehemently denied that he had been under the influence of alcohol.

The 33-year-old actor shot to fame throughout Asia after starring in the 2003 TV series "Stairway to Heaven", which co-starred another Hallyu star Choi Ji-woo.

He recently starred in war pic "71 - Into The Fire" and will be appearing in upcoming TV series "Big Thing" alongside top Korean actress Ko Hyun-jung.

Reporter : Park Hyun-joon hjunpark@

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010071313235493896

nevertheless dear ...... moi found his actions most disappointing <_< ..... a leading man who played macho hero in so many films & dramas ...... this real life thinggy does spoil d image & respect completely, at least for moi -_- ..... not unlike those K-actors who acted in tough guy roles but tried to evade military duty in real life -- yucks! tongue2.gif

Hi moi, I respect your opinion. When I first heard the news I felt also the same thing as you do - disappointed. But, as time passes, I do understand him somehow. He said he was feeling scared that time. I do understand the feeling. Anyway, so much of this - he was fined for his actions. But, this is quite a huge amount of money - but thinking about this, it's nothing compared to his income. I know that “running away” isn’t the smartest thing to do but he’s just human entitled to commit mistakes. I really feel bad for him & feel hurt hearing those people said that he’s irresponsible. Those people make it look worse. Besides, there were no casualties involved. :mellow:

*** Whoaaa......wondering if KSW starts filming now or about to start? This drama does sound interesting. Can't wait to watch this, too. Actually, I'm waiting for a DVD copy of his latest movie, 71 : Into the Fire. Oh, KSW playing the role of a "gigolo" - this is something new since this is his 1st time to play such character. This is too interesting to pass-up. :lol:

Musical Actress Park Hae Mi Joins Daemul

July 14th, 2010 // by javabeans

parkhaemi_2.jpg

I’m not particularly excited by this casting news itself, but it’s good to know that reports are starting to come out again on the Daemul project (finally!). Park Hae-mi joins the manhwa-adapted drama series, which has already scored two big names (and spot-on castings, imo) in Go Hyun-jung as a female president and Kwon Sang-woo as a gigolo.

It’s nice to know movement is being made on Daemul, especially after the rocky road it has traveled so far. (A refresher: Daemul was announced two years ago to quite some buzz. Lee Young-ae was courted, but she declined and Go Hyun-jung signed on. The directors changed. Projected broadcast dates were pushed back. SBS left it off the schedule entirely, then dropped it. Lead stars Go and Kwon waited around while contractually obligated to Daemul, and were prevented from picking other projects. Finally they were let go. Go did Seon-deok to great acclaim. Kwon did Cinderella Man to much less acclaim. Producers sued the stars, in my opinion using them as scapegoats, saying that they weren’t actually let go and their unavailability caused the project to tank. They made up, and re-signed both actors. Project was in talks with MBC, but was re-claimed by SBS.)

Phew.

Normally this would make me think, It’s not worth all this hassle. Sigh. Just let go and kill the project. But Daemul sounds like a great story and has the potential to be intriguing, especially with its two leads. (This is an example where I think Kwon picked well.)

As for Park Hae-mi, she plays a politician in this drama. Park is a musical actress and producer who came to mainstream popularity with the family sitcom Unstoppable High Kick, playing Jung Il-woo’s mother. More recently, she played Lee Min-ho’s mother in Personal Taste, and she’s currently acting in the musical production Kiss & Make Up, which is the first original production of her company, Hae-mi Musical Company.

Daemul will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama premiering on October 6.

Via Now News

Movie Into The Gunfire breaks 3-M viewers .....#1 for 4-weeks!

Credit : bnt news

Translation: seungie-AsianFanatics

The movie Into the Gunfire finally broke 3 million national viewers.

Into the Gunfire, which is raising the self-esteem of Korean movies through its release in 14 major American cities, touched the hearts of 3 million Korean viewers. Into the Gunfire, which is currently playing nationally on 400 screens, brought in 2.7 million viewers as of last weekend, and is currently at over 3 million viewers and is #1 on box office charts for the fourth week in a row.

Into the Gunfire, which continued to bring in viewers in its fourth week since its premiere, is the third movie this year to set a record with over 3 million viewers, after Secret Reunion (의형제) and Harmony (하모니).

The reason posters for Into the Gunfire such as this is receiving so much attention is that even alongside the movie Knight and Day, which was the hot topic at the front lines of Hollywood blockbusters, it has secured the #3 spot.

Furthermore, in terms of shares, Into the Gunfire far ahead of Shrek Forever and Knight and Day, and its box-office prospects are bright. Into the Gunfire, which has taken over the theaters in June and into July due to the public’s hot word-of-mouth, will claim the theaters for Korean entertainment along with Moss (이끼), due out this week, even amongst the Hollywood blockbusters.

Into the Gunfire, which tells of the sad and great tragedy of 71 student soldiers who ran into the line of fire wearing their uniforms in order to protect the Nakdong River frontier during the war between the north and the south in August of 1950, is currently screening in theaters all over the nation.

Guest TY_KSW

:wacko: Ah, they said that Daemul will start shooting in this month but we still havent seen any photo shot!!

They must keep it secret for stirring our curiousity, right?:phew:

Thanks much, Will for keep this thread updated!:w00t:

Im sorry for absence this weeks since i m almost flooding with works ^^ oop!!!! :w00t:

Cant wait to see our Gigolo shaking his bon-bon ... flirting the First Ladies!!

cha cha cha!!!!! :w00t:

:wacko: Ah, they said that Daemul will start shooting in this month but we still havent seen any photo shot!!

They must keep it secret for stirring our curiousity, right?:phew:

Thanks much, Will for keep this thread updated!:w00t:

Im sorry for absence this weeks since i m almost flooding with works ^^ oop!!!! :w00t:

Cant wait to see our Gigolo shaking his bon-bon ... flirting the First Ladies!!

cha cha cha!!!!! :w00t:

Hi TY, so, filming starts this month........ anyway, maybe we could get the chance to see some photos soon. And you may be right here - production team wants to keep it a secret to stir curiousity. Relax & stay safe & healthy, dear! like you, can't wait for this upcoming drama, too. I've got to say I would learn a lot of dancing stuff from watching this drama. :lol:

[CHART] Weekend Box Office: July 16-18

2010071910313387579_2.jpg

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010071910313387579

***Ahhh……… I hope everyone should just move on from this? Tsk…tsk…this sucks already. I hope also KSW should be careful next time. I feel bad for him. :rolleyes:

July 19, 2010

Kwon Sang-Woo Incident Has Not Died Down

kswoo.jpg

The hit-stalled-and-run case involving Kwon Sang-Woo is getting weirder. He has been indicted and fined 5million won for the incident (you can read it all here). But the case has not died down.

In the newsmedia today, two policemen (one IO and another an Inspector) who was in charged of investigating the accident has been disciplined by Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency Audit Office. Seems that they were found to be negligent while conducting their investigation. No other details are available, which is bad because this will lead to wild speculations.

Netizens are already not happy that Kwon Sang-Woo was just given a fine and now they have another ammunition.

Source : KoreanDiorama'sBlog

http://koreandiorama.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/kwon-sang-woo-incident-has-not-died-down/

Guest TY_KSW

***Ahhh……… I hope everyone should just move on from this? Tsk…tsk…this sucks already. I hope also KSW should be careful next time. I feel bad for him.  :rolleyes:

July 19, 2010

Kwon Sang-Woo Incident Has Not Died Down

Netizens are already not happy that Kwon Sang-Woo was just given a fine and now they have another ammunition.

Source : KoreanDiorama'sBlog

http://koreandiorama...-not-died-down/

Netizens are not happy that he was just given a fine??:ph34r:

So what they are expecting him to be? sentenced to DEAD?fury.gif

Such rude ! no wonder why Korea is the country that commited the most celebritiy suicide !!

They are suffering from this rude and harsh netizens who are thinking they are good and power enough to judge the others!

Poor Sangwoo..

*** Hmmm......... I like this actor - so glad that he's the supporting male lead in this drama. Most of all can't wait to see this series to watch KSW's dancing moves - hehehe. I think KSW made the right move to do this type of drama because this is very different.This is another drama of KSW that I'd adore. :lol:

Cha In-pyo joins Kwon Sang-woo for TV series "Big Thing"

20091224012324092655151_00000003_1_PA.jpg

Korean actor Cha In-pyo will be joining Kwon Sang-woo and Ko Hyun-jung for the upcoming TV series "Big Thing," according to the show's production company Lee Kim Productions.

Lee Kim announced in a press release on Wednesday that Cha has been cast for the role of Kang Hyun-seok, a charismatic politician who falls in love with Ko's character Seo Hae-rim.

Based on a popular comic series of the same name, "Big" is about a gigolo played by Kwon, who helps a human rights lawyer played by Ko, to achieve her dream of becoming Korea's first female president.

"Big" had drawn much publicity when Ko chose the series as her next acting project after starring in last year's smash hit "Queen Seon-deok."

Cha, 42, rose to instant stardom when he starred in his first TV series "Love In Your Arms" (MBC, 1994) opposite actress Shin Ae-ra whom he later married.

He has since appeared in numerous television dramas and films including "Fireworks" (SBS, 2000), "Her House" (MBC, 2001), "Perfect Love" (SBS, 2003) and "Crossing" (2008).

"Big," which starts shooting this month, will premiere on the small screen on October 6.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010072109272664103

Guest TY_KSW

*** Hmmm......... I like this actor - so glad that he's the supporting male lead in this drama. Most of all can't wait to see this series to watch KSW's dancing moves - hehehe.  I think KSW made the right move to do this type of drama because this is very different.This is another drama of KSW that I'd adore. :lol:

Cha In-pyo joins Kwon Sang-woo for TV series "Big Thing"

20091224012324092655151_00000003_1_PA.jpg

Korean actor Cha In-pyo will be joining Kwon Sang-woo and Ko Hyun-jung for the upcoming TV series "Big Thing," according to the show's production company Lee Kim Productions.

Lee Kim announced in a press release on Wednesday that Cha has been cast for the role of Kang Hyun-seok, a charismatic politician who falls in love with Ko's character Seo Hae-rim.

Based on a popular comic series of the same name, "Big" is about a gigolo played by Kwon, who helps a human rights lawyer played by Ko, to achieve her dream of becoming Korea's first female president.

"Big" had drawn much publicity when Ko chose the series as her next acting project after starring in last year's smash hit "Queen Seon-deok."

Cha, 42, rose to instant stardom when he starred in his first TV series "Love In Your Arms" (MBC, 1994) opposite actress Shin Ae-ra whom he later married.

He has since appeared in numerous television dramas and films including "Fireworks" (SBS, 2000), "Her House" (MBC, 2001), "Perfect Love" (SBS, 2003) and "Crossing" (2008).

"Big," which starts shooting this month, will premiere on the small screen on October 6.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

http://10.asiae.co.k...072109272664103

Oh thanks Will,

The official news said that they will START SHOOTING IN JULY 26

We should watch it out,,, oh yeah, i m longing for seeing his image as GIGOLO..

So, Cha is love-enemy of KWON ??  hahahhaha!

poor him that the LADY CHOOSE GIGOLO ^^ lol ^^

Oh thanks Will,

The official news said that they will START SHOOTING IN JULY 26

We should watch it out,,, oh yeah, i m longing for seeing his image as GIGOLO..

So, Cha is love-enemy of KWON ??  hahahhaha!

poor him that the LADY CHOOSE GIGOLO ^^ lol ^^

Hi TY, hmmm........July 26.......wow, I'll mark my calendar, hope we could get to see some photos. We're getting to hear some news about this already. I just hope this is a happy-ending. :unsure:

July 21, 2010

Kwon Sang-Woo’s Rival

chpyo.jpg

Cha In-Pyo, last seen in Reputable Family will join the cast of Daemul. I supposed he will form the love triangle between Kwon Sang-Woo & Go Hyun-Jung.

Have not seen any of his dramas but I think he has enough wattage to rival Kwon Sang-Woo, both in the looks department and acting abilities (?).

Daemul is set to premiere in October.

Credit : KoreanDiorama'sBlog

http://koreandiorama.wordpress.com/2010/07/21/kwon-sang-woos-rival/

July 21, 2010

Struggled Kwon Sang Woo, “Daemul” as restoration of honor?

kwon-sang-woo2.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo who just experienced hit and run accident have a new upcoming drama, titled “Daemul” or “Big Fish” alongside with big name Ko Hyun Jung (Queen Seon Duk).

“Daemul” scheduled to air next October as SBS Wed-Thursday drama.

About the accident, KSW said through the website that he sincerely apologized and will do his best.

Meanwhile , “Daemul” which is adapted from popular manhwa with same title, will start first shooting next week, focusing on Ko Hyun Jung and KSW scene.

KSW will play a a male socialite / first class gigolo who is ordered to create a scandal to bring down a woman, Seo Hye Rim (Ko Hyun Jung), a human rights lawyer, who is trying to become South Korea’s first female president.

Go Kwon Sang Woo, Fighting !

Source : asiae, KoreanVibe

*** Sigh.......I kind of feel bad for him. Honestly, IDK what to say - He already paid a fine, he wrote an apology letter - it's a pure sincerity thing for him to do - Now, it's time to move on. I'm sure his fans understood & have forgiven him. He didn't hit anyone. And through this letter, I'm sure he learns from his mistake. Everyone makes a mistake. Now, forgive & forget. I love him no matter what, I said this not because it didn't concern me. Don't you worry, KSW - your fans love you! On the other note, his handwriting is so neat, very nice. SMILE & feel better! :lol:

Kwon Sang Woo apologizes to his fans with a handwritten letter

20100721_kwonsangwoo.jpg

As many already know, Kwon Sang Woo hasn’t had such a great year. He’s recently been involved with hit-and-run / driving-under-influence incident, and was criticized for not being punished severely enough.

After a several weeks of absence, Kwon Sang Woo finally expressed his feelings toward the issue by sending a handwritten letter to his fanclub.

“Hello, this is Kwon Sang Woo.

I finally reach to you today, after a long absence.

I would like to give you fans my sincere apologies for the recent accident that I was involved with.

For about a month, I stayed home and deeply reflected on my mistakes. Of course, I still do at the moment. I will stay apologetic every day now.

As a public figure, I should have acted responsibly. The fact remains that I have disappointed everyone, and that breaks my heart the most.

I remember each and every one of your faces, and my heart breaks down everytime I do.

From now on, I will become a Kwon Sang Woo that you can look high upon.

Also, I would like to apologize to all actors and staffs who were part of making 71 – Into the Gunfire, for bringing such bad publicity to the movie.

I now promise you to become a much better and mature actor.

I apologize once again.

July 16th, 2010 Kwon Sang Woo”

20100721_kwonsangwoo_letter1-460x568.jpg

Source : allkpop

July 21, 2010

Kwon Sang-woo apologizes in 'handwritten letter'

Kwon Sang-woo apologizes in ‘handwritten letter’

Actor Kwon Sang-woo Wednesday posted a hand-written message on his fan website, apologizing for his hit-and-run accident last month.

"First and foremost, I am sorry that my recent actions have worried my fans. For the past month, I've stayed at home reflecting back on my actions," the 34-year-old said.

"I will do my best to restore the public's trust by acting more maturely."

Last month, Kwon drove into a parked car and a police vehicle and ran away. He has been summarily indicted with a fine of 5 million won.

The police officers involved in the accident face disciplinary actions for their failure to determine whether the actor was driving under the influence of alcohol.

Kwon is set to appear in soap opera 'Dae Mul,' slated to air in October.

Credit : Korea Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2010/07/135_69897.html

*** I'm sure that this drama is interesting with how the way storyline goes. KSW playing a high-class "gigolo" - I'm curious on how he's going to act this out. The cast looks great - talented & gorgeous men. I started to like CIP when I watched Fireworks...... he was in it, right? Can't wait to see this drama, too. :sweatingbullets:

Cha In Pyo added to the cast of "Daemul"

July 21st, 2010 // by javabeans

cip_18.jpg

Veteran drama actor (and ’90s hottie) Cha In-pyo (Reputable Family) is jumping onboard the Daemul train, joining stars Go Hyun-jung and Kwon Sang-woo in the much-buzzed-about production.

Cha will play a political rival to Go Hyun-jung’s character Seo Hye-rim. As a former human rights lawyer, he runs for office against her but loses, and she is elected the nation’s first female president. Kwon plays Ha Ryu, a high-class gigolo. (Ah, well if he’s high-class…)

Cha’s character is also a member of a top chaebol family that with a strong presence in the political world. Not only is he Seo Hye-rim’s political rival, his relationship with her is also complicated by love and conspiracy.

Directing Daemul is Oh Jong-rok, who by the way is not the original director from the drama’s first attempt at production. Oh also directed Piano and Style (and I have to remind myself that the reason Style ranks on my unwatchable list wasn’t because of the directing, but rather the awkward writing and acting).

The drama premieres in early October.

Via Mk.co.kr

July 22, 2010

Cha In Pyo is Ko Hyun Jung’s rival in Daemul

The handsome Cha In Pyo confirmed to join Daemul cast. He will play Kang Hyun Seok, a politician who is Kim Hyun Jung rival to become South Korean president.

Daemul will be aired on SBS next September.

cha-in-pyo.jpg

Source : hankyung, sportkorea, koreanvibe

*** You may cast your vote for his drama, Daemul.

Vote For Your Favorite Drama

POOL.jpg

What are the most drama you’ve been waiting for in the second half of 2010?

Athena ? Playful Kiss? or Fugitive?

Support your favorite drama by vote online at http://poll.dcnews.in/dcnews/poll/poll_list.php?key_poll=375

The result of the pool reflects public opinion of the drama which is very important in Korea. The winner of the pol can attract public attention also affect the ratings, sponsorship, selling of CFs during the air time, etc.

The result so far , My Girlfriend is Gumiho lead the poll, followed by Playful Kiss and Fugitive.

Simply click the button before the drama title and then click the leftmost button beneath.

Go Vote, support your favorite drama !

credit : imMissChievous soompi, koreanvibe

Guest TY_KSW

*** Sigh.......I kind of feel bad for him. Honestly, IDK what to say - He already paid a fine, he wrote an apology letter - it's a pure sincerity thing for him to do - Now, it's time to move on. I'm sure his fans understood & have forgiven him. He didn't hit anyone. And through this letter, I'm sure he learns from his mistake. Everyone makes a mistake. Now, forgive & forget. I love him no matter what, I said this not because it didn't concern me. Don't you worry, KSW - your fans love you! On the other note, his handwriting is so neat, very nice. SMILE & feel better!  :lol:

Kwon Sang Woo apologizes to his fans with a handwritten letter

As many already know, Kwon Sang Woo hasn’t had such a great year. He’s recently been involved with hit-and-run / driving-under-influence incident, and was criticized for not being punished severely enough.

After a several weeks of absence, Kwon Sang Woo finally expressed his feelings toward the issue by sending a handwritten letter to his fanclub.

“Hello, this is Kwon Sang Woo.

I finally reach to you today, after a long absence.

I would like to give you fans my sincere apologies for the recent accident that I was involved with.

For about a month, I stayed home and deeply reflected on my mistakes. Of course, I still do at the moment. I will stay apologetic every day now.

As a public figure, I should have acted responsibly. The fact remains that I have disappointed everyone, and that breaks my heart the most.

I remember each and every one of your faces, and my heart breaks down everytime I do.

From now on, I will become a Kwon Sang Woo that you can look high upon.

Also, I would like to apologize to all actors and staffs who were part of making 71 – Into the Gunfire, for bringing such bad publicity to the movie.

I now promise you to become a much better and mature actor.

I apologize once again.

July 16th, 2010 Kwon Sang Woo”

Source : allkpop

:tongue2:Thanks Will, for the big supppporrrttt to our GIGOLO ^^:w00t:

I m always a supporter to him, in whatever situation, hard or ease, we are right here to be with you, ooppa!!:w00t:

Fighting! sexy GIGOLO... ^^

Those who are still poking nose into his mistake are those living with green jealousy.. not just because of his mistake ^^

July 23, 2010

Hallyu Stars Accused of Ignoring Korean Fans

It has continuously been pointed out that Hallyu stars who are actively performing overseas rarely arrange performances and events for Korean fans.

Hallyu stars reportedly consistently neglect Korean fans and usually do not have much contact with fans in Korea; on the other hand, they have adopted friendly images to the public overseas by holding large-scale fan meetings and releasing photo and music albums.

Hallyu star Kwon Sang Woo, who evoked criticism with a hit-and-run last month, has raised controversy because he delivered a message of apology on his official Japanese fan website before his Korean website. After the news on his hit-and-run was spread, he just made a brief apology in Korea on the following day, which was June 25, simply by using the press release that his agency had distributed, but he still had not personally expressed an apology officially in Korea for three weeks after the accident. On the contrary, his agency had urgently left apology messages on the board of his official website in Japan on the very next day, which was on June 25. There was another posting made by the agency on June 29 to apologize for the accident on the Japanese website.

7457_1428_l.jpg

When the fact that he already apologized personally in Japan became known in Korea, Kwon Sang Woo posted his own written apology on his Internet fan café in Korea on July 21. A spokesperson for his agency explained, “It is the result of a misunderstanding. We just made the press release to the Japanese agency, which was distributed on June 25, so the Japanese agency just posted the notice along with the apology on the website.”

But criticisms were continuously raised on the Internet, such as, “He regards Japanese fans as the 'source of money,’ and regards Korean fans as the 'sitting duck,’" and, "Why is he concerned about Japanese fans when he caused the hit-and-run in Korea?"

As Hallyu stars actively perform overseas, they can elevate the status of Korea, which is a positive result. Stars’ activities have actually contributed in large portion to attracting Japanese tourists to Korea. The Korea Tourism Organization produced an advertising commercial with star actor Lee Byung Hun last March. But, as he has concentrated on overseas activities, he is also not free from the criticism that he lacks consideration for Korean fans.

7457_1429_l.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/EntertainmentNews/view.html?No=7457