Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Guest TY_KSW

Sangwoo should have done a romance film -- that's his forte! B)

oh, Mrs Myeonggie, long time no see! :lol:

you are right, SW's forte is romance film. and the coming project Daemul is among included romance and comedy ... ^^ :)

By the way dear :rolleyes: ...... how's Janggie these days ;) ....... dun be too hard on GSY okie? whistle.gif

thanks for your kind concern , Mrs Myeonggie!

you surely know what hubby-soon-tobe is doing before that big day (May 2010)..

i never be too hard to anyone on the condition that she/he didn't do anything harmful to my men! :lol::P

On the set of film "Into The Fire"

2010033113005191835_1.jpg

Film "Into The Fire" - Four flowers blooming on ruined grounds

Quite often there are sets which have many sideshows. And sometimes you may even see sets where there are good actors in a flock. But it is truly rare to come across a set which stimulates all five of your senses. The set for film "Into The Fire," which is being shot at Hapcheon Image Theme Park, was one of such cases. What first greeted reporters on the set of a city in ruins was not the fancy cast -- which includes actors Cha Seung-won, T.O.P., Kwon Sang-woo and Kim Seung-woo -- but the smell of smoky gunpowder, sounds of gunfire loud enough to cause tinnitus and the vibrations from on-set explosions which spread through the air and one's entire body. Such things are what is probably needed to reproduce a war setting, however incomplete it may be.

That is why the commanding presence displayed by North Korean major Park Moo-rang (played by Cha Seung-won) and his countless North Korean military officers lined up together serves as more than a mere visual spectacle. The staff members shouting "When you hear a gunshot, bow down first and then fire again!", the slightly tired looks of the many extras who are playing roles as the North Korean army, and the smell of dust from their collective advances and retreats upon the director's cut sign, all come across as a complex and slightly distracting experience.

Hence in such a setting, one cannot hope for such a thing as a fixed photo line. The photographers, like snipers, sneaked into various parts of the building sets in ruins and pushed their shutters to get a shot of T.O.P.'s innocent smile, which one could not see in KBS TV series "IRIS." It was not without reason when one reporter roared, "Are you a war photographer!" to another who got covered with dust from an explosion scene to photograph Cha Seung-won, who looks even more benevolent in a full body shot. The 66 photographs from the set of "Into The Fire", a much larger number 10Asia usually snaps from film sets, are also the war trophies which were recovered by literally jumping 'into the fire.'

2010033117451569989_1.jpg

2010033117423258944_1.jpg

2010033117423258944_2.jpg

2010033117401236445_1.jpg

2010033117401236445_2.jpg

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@10asia.co.kr

Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk eleven@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr, Jang Kyung-Jin three@10asia.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...033113005191835

April 2, 2010

60 years later, filmmakers remember

01214002.jpg

Actors run from an explosion during the filming of “Into the Gunfire,” a movie about South Korean student soldiers during the Korean War set to be released in June. Provided by EinsM&M

HAPCHEON COUNTY, South Gyeongsang - The rattle of machine guns cuts through the air as I arrive in what looks like a bombed-out city inside Hapcheon Image Theme Park. It seems frighteningly real, with hundreds of people dressed as soldiers from North and South Korea vying to control the tiny town - but in fact this is the filming location for the film “Into the Gunfire.”

The same site served as the location for the hits “Taegukgi” and “East of Eden.”

Four celebrities stand out of the fray: Cha Seung-won, dressed in a North Korean military uniform; Kim Seung-woo, who plays an officer from the South; and Kwon Sang-woo and T.O.P, a member of the Korean hip-hop group Big Bang, who were cast as student soldiers.

The film is set in August 1950, and their faces are made up to look sunburned. The movie is based on the true story of the battle between a North Korean Army unit and 71 South Korean student soldiers who defended Pohang while the South Korean Army gathered along the Nakdong River.

At a press conference held after the day’s shooting had ended, T.O.P recalled that when his involvement was announced his young fans weren’t even familiar with the Korean word for student soldier - hakdobyeong - many instead thinking it was the name of a disease.

That’s evidence of just how little young people know about the Korean War, Cha said. “I hope postwar generations like me remember the tragedy by watching this movie,” he added.

The film’s director John H. Lee said, “Since setting out to work, people have asked about the politics behind the movie many times. Because it’s a student soldier story, the North Korean soldiers play the role of villains, but as far as possible, I try to treat the South Koreans, students and North Korean soldiers in a balanced way.”

Into the Gunfire, which will be released in June, has a budget of 11.3 billion won ($10 million) including marketing expenses, the biggest of any domestic Korean War film since Taegukgi. Equipment such as tanks and guns were partly supplied by the Defense Ministry.

Not all Korean films made about the war are able to secure such government help.

(skipped.....)

Chung is also producing Into the Gunfire, which he describes as “not an anti-Communist movie, though it does deal with the true story of a fratricidal war, and marking the 60th anniversary of the Korean War, I want to show it to war veterans in the world who might visit Korea.”

But this flowering of interest in a key time in Korean history may not be simply due to the anniversary. Some in the industry instead suggest that filmgoers are only now more open to the war as a subject after being turned off by anti-Communist state propaganda in the 1960s and ’70s. Those movies, critic Heo Moon-young said wryly, “didn’t have much commercial appeal.”

By Lee Hoo-nam, Ben Applegate [bapplegate@gmail.com]

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2918632

Guest TY_KSW

On April 11 our oppa wrote on CSWS a short comment like this :

"Finally the movie shooting come to the end ...

It is more expectations than ever before ... I want to be remember as an soldier in INTO THE FIRE, and no doubt, I m very happy

Trust this movie will be hot after airing in this year June ...

Thank you all of you ...

Thank you for always supporting me .... "

On April 11 our oppa wrote on CSWS a short comment like this :

"Finally the movie shooting come to the end ...

It is more expectations than ever before ... I want to be remember as an soldier in INTO THE FIRE, and no doubt, I m very happy

Trust this movie will be hot after airing in this year June ...

Thank you all of you ...

Thank you for always supporting me .... "

Hi TY, thanks for sharing his message. Oh, he finished shooting the movie already. Can't wait to see it on June. :P:lol:

*** I’m not into war/action movies but I’m definitely watching this because of KSW & TOP – 2 hotties aside from the fact that this is a large production film – like some Hollywood films. It’s an all-star-cast movie. But it takes a while for me to wait for a DVD copy. I could see TOP for the 2nd time, 1st was in Iris. He’s not only a singer but an actor now. The official trailer is nice & awesome effects. I’m sure the movie is very good. Oh my - seeing so much blood gives me chills. I hope this movie could win an award in the future. It must be a bomb! KSW will bring his acting here in a different level. He looks intense indeed. I like that he’s taking a new role here. KSW never stops to turn me on! :D:o

Official 71-Into the Fire Trailer Released

20091107_kwonsangwootop_572-460x241.jpg

Two weeks ago an unofficial trailer for 71-Into The Fire circulated across the internet and it was quickly taken down. Now, the official trailer for the movie has been released.

The war movie is based on a true account of the Battle of Pusan Perimeter in August 1950. It revolves around 71 South Korean student soldiers and stars Kwon Sang Woo and Big Bang’s T.O.P. The students fight against hundreds of regular North Korean soldiers (led by Cha Seung Woo) during the deadly Korean War.

The movie looks like it’s going to be awesome, thanks to everyone who sent in tips and check out the trailer below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7CSJsWfoig...player_embedded

Source : allkpop

Thursday April 15, 2010

Into The Gunfire Releases The Full Tension Teaser and Poster

20100415092452692.jpg

The upcoming Korean movie 2010 ‘Into The Gunfire’ starring Hallyu Star Kwon Sang Woo, TOP, Cha Seung Won, and Kim Seung Woo has released its poster and first teaser. The film setting in Korean war period is based on the true story of 71 students who fought hundreds of North Korean soldiers who had invaded.

The poster describes how mess condition is in the battle field. All of the main casts pose in front side of poster. Fear, anger, and pity are portrayed in their face while behind them the soldiers combat readiness.

Meanwhile, the short teaser describes more obviously how the disorder condition in the battle field and their variety emotions. As well in the poster, the fear, anger, pity, and frustration are describe in the main casts’ face.

The 1,23 minutes of teaser is started by a soldier trace the road while soldier corpses are sprawl anywhere. Then, the bombs blow up crashing more death victim. The teaser is full of bomb explosions, firing contact, screaming, blood, and corpse anywhere. All the main casts have done their best on their acting. I think the film will be an awesome war film with full of tension. I really can’t wait for watching!

It is scheduled to release in June 2010 in time to commemorate the 60 years that have passed since the war first broke out.

Source: asian economy and seoul newspaper / DongDrama http://www.dongdrama.com/into-the-gunfire-...and-poster.html

Trailer

Guest TY_KSW

hehehe, like the way "KSW never stops to turn me on! "

kekekke :lol:

It is a must watch movie dear, i must have it at least DVD

i m not expecting it will be aired in my country, since much or less, that may go against communist army (Northern ppl) in the movie ^^ :P

hehehe, like the way "KSW never stops to turn me on! "

kekekke :lol:

It is a must watch movie dear, i must have it at least DVD

i m not expecting it will be aired in my country, since much or less, that may go against communist army (Northern ppl) in the movie ^^ :P

Hi TY, whoah...you're so naughty, dear! About the DVD, we still have to wait for at least 4-months yet after it's shown to be available in the market. But, it's fine........... It's very rare that K-movies are showing here in my side. I hope this will be a success box-office wise! :P:lol:

*** Whoah.......can't wait for this movie. This looks like an awesome film. It looks like a lot of work. I always love watching The Making, NGs, BTS videos. So glad to see that TOP is working with KSW. Though, I know music is his first priority but this movie is for sure a big step for him being an actor. What a line-up that this movie has! :lol::D

Making of Video for 71-Into the Fire Poster

20100415_intothefire11-460x330.jpg

Last week we shared with you the poster for the upcoming movie 71-Into the Fire starring Kwon Sang Woo and Big Bang’s T.O.P. Now, a behind the scenes / making of video for the poster has been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-CNFN9Jxio...player_embedded

Wow, seems like a lot of work with a lot of set locations for just the posters! The war movie is based on a true account of the Battle of Pusan Perimeter in August 1950. It revolves around 71 South Korean student soldiers starring both Kwon Sang Woo and T.O.P. The students fight against hundreds of regular North Korean soldiers (led by Cha Seung Woo) during the deadly Korean War. In case you missed it, you can also check out the trailer here.

Source : allkpop

Thursday April 15, 2010

Into The Gunfire Releases The Full Tension Teaser and Poster

http://www.dongdrama.com/wp-content/upload...15092452692.jpg

The upcoming Korean movie 2010 ‘Into The Gunfire’ starring Hallyu Star Kwon Sang Woo, TOP, Cha Seung Won, and Kim Seung Woo has released its poster and first teaser. The film setting in Korean war period is based on the true story of 71 students who fought hundreds of North Korean soldiers who had invaded.

The poster describes how mess condition is in the battle field. All of the main casts pose in front side of poster. Fear, anger, and pity are portrayed in their face while behind them the soldiers combat readiness.

Meanwhile, the short teaser describes more obviously how the disorder condition in the battle field and their variety emotions. As well in the poster, the fear, anger, pity, and frustration are describe in the main casts’ face.

The 1,23 minutes of teaser is started by a soldier trace the road while soldier corpses are sprawl anywhere. Then, the bombs blow up crashing more death victim. The teaser is full of bomb explosions, firing contact, screaming, blood, and corpse anywhere. All the main casts have done their best on their acting. I think the film will be an awesome war film with full of tension. I really can’t wait for watching!

It is scheduled to release in June 2010 in time to commemorate the 60 years that have passed since the war first broke out.

Source: asian economy and seoul newspaper / DongDrama http://www.dongdrama.com/into-the-gunfire-...and-poster.html

Trailer

moi shall give this violent movie a miss! -_-

'Cine21'

A photo exhibition where you can see the whole changes that took place in movie for 15 years, will be held in celebration of the 15th anniversary of weekly movie magazine 'Cine21' in Sinsa-dong's 'Gallery LF, Seoul, from April 24 to May 1.

The listed actors and actresses in the photographs to be displayed.(in alphabetical order)

'Aum Jeong-Howa'

'Aum Ji-Won'

'Bae Du-Na'

'Bae Yong-Joon'

'Choi Ji-Woo'

'Choi Min-Shik'

'Cha Seung-Won'

'Gong Yu'

'Ha Ji-Won'

'Han Seok-Kyu'

'Im Soo-Jeong'

'Jang Dong-Geon'

'Jang Hyuck'

'Jeon Do-Yeon'

'Jeong Jae-Young'

'Jeong Ji-Hoon' (Rain)

'Ji Jin-Hee'

'Jo Seung-Woo'

'Kim Hye-Soo'

'Kim Myung-Min'

'Kim Tae-Hee'

'Kim Yun-Jin'

'Ko Hyun-Jeong'

'Kwon Sang-Woo'

'Lee Byung-Heon'

'Lee Na-Young'

'Lee Young-Ae'

'Mun Keun-Young'

'Mun So-Ri'

'Park Joong-Hoon'

'Park Hae-Il'

'Ryu Seing-Beom'

'Seol Kyung-Goo'

'Sin Min-Ah'

'Son Ye-Jin'

'Song Seun-Heon'

'Soo Ae'

credit to Newsen http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201004231716101001

Brief translation by rain bird.

rain-eu / http://www.rain-eu.com/english/board/news.php

Guest TY_KSW

'Cine21'

A photo exhibition where you can see the whole changes that took place in movie for 15 years, will be held in celebration of the 15th anniversary of weekly movie magazine 'Cine21' in Sinsa-dong's 'Gallery LF, Seoul, from April 24 to May 1.

The listed actors and actresses in the photographs to be displayed.(in alphabetical order)

'Kwon Sang-Woo'

credit to Newsen http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201004231716101001

Brief translation by rain bird.

rain-eu / http://www.rain-eu.com/english/board/news.php

Thanks dear Will for keep this thead alive...

sorry for not backing up you regularly, i m so tired of flooding of works these days..

stressed, :(

Hence, found out that, just Sangwoo is the one i should focus...

He may broke my heart last 2 years but always be a sincere and honestly man to his fans..

I will always support him... :lol:

Thanks dear Will for keep this thead alive...

sorry for not backing up you regularly, i m so tired of flooding of works these days..

stressed, :(

Hence, found out that, just Sangwoo is the one i should focus...

He may broke my heart last 2 years but always be a sincere and honestly man to his fans..

I will always support him... :lol:

Hi TY, no problem, dear......... I know you've been busy these days since I seldom see you even in JDG's thread. Just stay cool & take it easy with work. Remember, stay safe & healthy! We'll keep on supporting our man, whatever may be....... :P:lol: