Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Ayay, thx willenette for sharing the news..

So, what about Road No.1? Is it going to be canceled or delayed due to "Green Hornet" filming?

Hmm, i think the first thing in Sang Woo oppa mind is he will concentrate on his first Hollywood movie.. :D

This time, Sang Woo oppa have to practice his English..Well, good luck Sang Woo oppa..You can!!!

All you have to do is look at Bi...Isn't it right will and TY? :lol:

Hi ilwoo, no problem, dear - You know, I'm also thinking the same thing as what's in your mind - this upcoming drama will overlap the filming schedule of this movie - now, how he would handle this? Will he drop the other one or do both - hahaha - You know, I want to hear & listen him speak English........ I know he's not fluent but I know he could understand. But fighting - KSW! Aja! Muahhhhh............. right, it's just the determination.............. :D:lol:

so, confirmed or not confirmed??

i still wonder if ROAD NUMBER 1??? :lol:

so busy Kwon papa! :lol:

TY, it's in the papers that this Hollywood movie is his - woahhh................ but I also want him to do this drama - Gosh, I'm so excited what will KSW say on this. We have no idea that our man has plans to enter the US market since he doesn't say anything about it & there it is - just popped-up! We just read in the papers that he got the role in this Hollywood movie. In the future who knows he might also be offered to do the title role........... I wish him good luck! :D:lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Ayay, thx willenette for sharing the news..

So, what about Road No.1? Is it going to be canceled or delayed due to "Green Hornet" filming?

Hmm, i think the first thing in Sang Woo oppa mind is he will concentrate on his first Hollywood movie.. :D

This time, Sang Woo oppa have to practice his English..Well, good luck Sang Woo oppa..You can!!!

All you have to do is look at Bi...Isn't it right will and TY? :lol:

i guess Road No. 1 may delay till our man complete shooting his part in Hollywood.

Not so long...

Actually, if it were not KSW, road No. 1 would not be road No. 1 :lol:

In the future who knows he might also be offered to do the title role........... I wish him good luck! :D:lol:

and pls wish, the female partner should be a beautiful talent intead of a calamity!

oop!

You ladies dun know how happy our Janggers were when hearing they canceling Zhang Zi Yi from JDG's Hollywood ... muahha! :w00t: they replaced the blonded Kate Brosworth instead!

To our man, in future movies, if comes, pls dun cast ZZY either ...

I prefer a blonde too, if involved Western! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Guest grumpynomore

hi ladies! thank you for all the updates!

i guess when it comes to the korean wave fandom it's true for me that first love never dies.

i'm not posting much but i'm always lurking around here for our oppa. :D

that's definitely one movie i look forward onto seeing!

July 28, 2009

Kwon Sang-woo May Make Hollywood Debut

By Ines Min

Contributing Writer

people(2).jpg

Actor Kwon Sang-woo may soon be making his Hollywood debut with a role in the upcoming film "The Green Hornet," Nate News reported last Friday.

Kwon is said to be up for the role of Kato, the Green Hornet's sidekick ― a role which was originally meant for Chinese star Stephen Chow. Chow was also supposed to direct the film based on the 1930s radio program-turned-comic book, but stepped down in December 2008 due to creative differences and pulled out of the role last July.

Kwon reportedly passed an English audition, attended by Seth Rogen and newly attached director Michel Gondry ("Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"). The final decision will be announced in a month.

Rogen, who co-wrote the script, will play the role of the Green Hornet. The film will be about a newspaper publisher who becomes a crime-fighting vigilante at night. The Green Hornet has already been adapted into a comic book, TV series and feature film. Kato's ethnicity changed over the years from Japanese to Filipino to Korean, depending on current political climates. Nicholas Cage has also signed on to play a villain, while Cameron Diaz will play the Green Hornet's love interest.

If Kwon claims the role of Kato, he will be the third Korean actor to co-star in a major upcoming Hollywood action film. Lee Byung-hun will play Storm Shadow in "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," to be released here Aug. 6, while Rain will fulfill the role of Raizo in "Ninja Assassin," to be released Nov. 25.

The Green Hornet has scheduled a U.S. release date of July 9, 2010. The release date for Korea has not been announced.

Credits: seninim@gmail.com via koreatimes.co.kr

Credit : rubie/news thread

Guest TY_KSW

hi ladies! thank you for all the updates!

i guess when it comes to the korean wave fandom it's true for me that first love never dies.

i'm not posting much but i'm always lurking around here for our oppa. :D

that's definitely one movie i look forward onto seeing!

Hahha! Grumpy! how are you?

still gone fishing with Eric? hah?

Sangwoo will go fishing in US soon ! crossing fingers! :lol:

July 28, 2009

Kwon Sang-woo May Make Hollywood Debut

By Ines Min

Contributing Writer

Kwon reportedly passed an English audition, attended by Seth Rogen and newly attached director Michel Gondry ("Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"). The final decision will be announced in a month.

Credits: seninim@gmail.com via koreatimes.co.kr

Credit : rubie/news thread

still yet confirmed...

we must wait for the final annoucement from producer and himself!

we are deeping in the flood of news and article these days! :lol:

So it's been confirmed that Sang Woo oppa has an opportunity to go to Hollywood..Hooray!!!

I pray he has that chance..

I hope there are more news article that say Sang Woo oppa definitely goes to Hollywood.. ;)

But, i'm still waiting for Road No.1 too coz i'm curious about this drama..

Guest TY_KSW

Kwon Sang Woo Leaving For Hollywood?

In a month's time we will all know if Kwon Sang Woo will be the next Korean actor to bag a role in an action movie in America.

ksw02.jpg

There were reports recently that KSW went on to audition for the role of Kato, the beloved sidekick of Green Hornet. This is quite a huge role if Kwon Sang Woo is destined to be given the character.

greenhornetkato.jpg

Apparently, other asian actors were given the chance to get the role when Stephen Chow backed out of the project due to some artistic differences with the producers of the said movie project.

Korean actors are surely making their way to Hollywood. I hope he will be as lucky as Rain, Lee Byung Hyun, Jang Dong Gun and Daniel Henney.

Too bad, KSW's hot body (check the photo below) won't make it to the screen as Kato is always dressed in a full black ensemble covering the body. Oh well, they can show a different Kato right?

kswp.jpg

Yes, you are all licensed to drool!

Images credited as labeled.

http://asiandramaaddict.com/2009/07/29/

Kwon Sang Woo Leaving For Hollywood?

In a month's time we will all know if Kwon Sang Woo will be the next Korean actor to bag a role in an action movie in America.

[]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5906/ksw02.jpg[/]

There were reports recently that KSW went on to audition for the role of Kato, the beloved sidekick of Green Hornet. This is quite a huge role if Kwon Sang Woo is destined to be given the character.

[]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2466/greenhornetkato.jpg[/]

Apparently, other asian actors were given the chance to get the role when Stephen Chow backed out of the project due to some artistic differences with the producers of the said movie project.

Korean actors are surely making their way to Hollywood. I hope he will be as lucky as Rain, Lee Byung Hyun, Jang Dong Gun and Daniel Henney.

Too bad, KSW's hot body (check the photo below) won't make it to the screen as Kato is always dressed in a full black ensemble covering the body. Oh well, they can show a different Kato right?

[]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5894/kswp.jpg[/]

Yes, you are all licensed to drool!

Images credited as labeled.

http://asiandramaaddict.com/2009/07/29/

Hi TY, thanks for sharing another article. I'm really crossing my fingers that we could be able to hear good news about this soon. Good luck to him! I'm happy that this kind of big opportunity is coming his way. The news I heard these past few days were all amazing. I'm proud of all his works. He had failures but still look good & considered them a success in my eyes & in my heart. :D:lol:

Guest ilksw

does anyone know what KSW will be doing for he's birthday and where? j/w.. thanks! and where he'll be at in hollywood?

does anyone know what KSW will be doing for he's birthday and where? j/w.. thanks! and where he'll be at in hollywood?

Hi ilksw, what I know is there will be a pre-celebration with his fans on August 2 just no idea where's the venue. (TY, do you happen to know, dear? ) :D:lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Hi ilksw, what I know is there will be a pre-celebration with his fans on August 2 just no idea where's the venue. (TY, do you happen to know, dear? ) :D:lol:

There is an event "Kwon Sang Woo - Lunch and Dinner in Tokyo"

Dun know whther our man go to JApan to celebrate birthday or?

4b483b73t6fa554fb603e69.jpg

There is an event "Kwon Sang Woo - Lunch and Dinner in Tokyo"

Dun know whther our man go to JApan to celebrate birthday or?

[] 4b483b73t6fa554fb603e69.jpg[/]

TY, oh, so this will be in Japan - I thought all along this pre-celebration will be with his Korean fans. This will be organized by his Japanese fans again - they're just so loyal. I'm sure KSW can't be with them. And there's still this invitation for this event........... Thanks dear for this info & posting the photo of the invites. :D:lol:

More pix on the charity event ... Jul 25

[] 4b483b73t6fda51c9771669.jpg[/]

Credit as stated

TY, thanks for posting more photos about the recent event. I thought all along that it's my chance that time to see both my BIG MEN being together for the 1st time but sigh.............. it didn't happen. But I don't know if they met at the backstage or what since RAIN stayed for only 5-min. there. But so happy seeing KSW's recent photos. :sweatingbullets::lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Today, in The exhibition of the most favorite drama "Stairway to Heaven" held in Tokyo, Kwon Sang Woo happened as the special guest.

Also attended is singer Lee Bum Soo who was peforming the famous OST theme Pogoshipda!

4b483b73t6fe82a92abee69.jpg

4b483b73t6fe82a29ba5c69.jpg

4b483b73t6fe82b2eacf969.jpg

c4c269535e1b08e6eac0bc1.jpg

Guest ilksw

does anyone know where i can buy Kwon Sang Woo head bobbles (little figure of KSW with his head moving) in korea?

Guest TY_KSW

does anyone know where i can buy Kwon Sang Woo head bobbles (little figure of KSW with his head moving) in korea?

celebrities souvernirs are almost selling in Myeongdong

you may go there, many many shops

i guess they have that doll! :)

Guest TY_KSW

"The Green Hornet" : Has The New Kato Been Found?

12:35 PM - By Joseph

The-Green-Hornet-Has-The-New-Kato-Been-Found.jpg

It is being widely reported that The Green Hornet may have found its new Kato. First, let's set the stage:

(In overly-dramatic voiceover mode.) "When we last left The Green Hornet, trouble was afoot as its signature star, Stephen Chow has dastardly left star/writer, Seth Rogen in the lurch, abandoning the critical role of his aide, Kato. As it still struggles with bad perception, as well as a Comic-Con showing of nothing but a car and some plugs for Funny People, HOW will The Green Hornet escape from this horrible predicament? Will he ride again?! Tune in tomorrow. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!" (Wait -- close, but wrong show!)

Enter up-and-coming actor, Kwon Sang-woo. He's from South Korea (you know, the good Korea that doesn't want to blow up the world and sing "I'm So Ronery" in front of his tank of killer sharks with bellies full of UN Weapons Inspectors.) Besides very much looking the part, he apparently can kick richard simmons with the best of them. According to FilmJunk, after a successful audition, he is currently in the final stages of negotiations to play the part. Once that is finalized, look for the film (which has been saddled with dilatory issues) to kick into high gear in order to meet its projected July 9, 2010 release date.

The-Green-Hornet-Has-The-New-Kato-Been-Found.jpg

While he's been virtually invisible in the west, Kwon Sang-woo has pretty well established himself in his home of South Korea. As seen in

(one of many), you get a generally good idea that he's not only physically capable of nailing the role, but he also has a versatility that may turn this into a star-making vehicle.

Considering that the choices are indeed, few and far between, Kwon's addition to the cast might just be the thing to pull this troubled production out of the nightmare its been experiencing for nearly the past year.

Source: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/697841/The-Green-Hornet

Today, in The exhibition of the most favorite drama "Stairway to Heaven" held in Tokyo, Kwon Sang Woo happened as the special guest.

Also attended is singer Lee Bum Soo who was peforming the famous OST theme Pogoshipda!

[] 4b483b73t6fe82a92abee69.jpg[/]

[] 4b483b73t6fe82a29ba5c69.jpg[/]

[] 4b483b73t6fe82b2eacf969.jpg[/]

Hi TY, thanks for this info. Gosh, so he's in Japan right now. He might be attending his pre-celebration of his b-day this Sunday? This drama will always be in his heart. Or might happen also to be his most favorite? How I love that song - Bogoshipda. It's a sad song but love it - the tune & melody - pleasing to the ears. Thanks also for posting the photos - hahaha - when I saw the 1st set I thought it was photoshopped. He looks great, his looks is similar to that STH days. Nothing have changed really that much - he's still as handsome & adorable as ever! :sweatingbullets::lol:

"The Green Hornet" : Has The New Kato Been Found?

12:35 PM - By Joseph

[]http://cache.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/170164_S/The-Green-Hornet-Has-The-New-Kato-Been-Found.jpg[/]

It is being widely reported that The Green Hornet may have found its new Kato. First, let's set the stage:

(In overly-dramatic voiceover mode.) "When we last left The Green Hornet, trouble was afoot as its signature star, Stephen Chow has dastardly left star/writer, Seth Rogen in the lurch, abandoning the critical role of his aide, Kato. As it still struggles with bad perception, as well as a Comic-Con showing of nothing but a car and some plugs for Funny People, HOW will The Green Hornet escape from this horrible predicament? Will he ride again?! Tune in tomorrow. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!" (Wait -- close, but wrong show!)

Enter up-and-coming actor, Kwon Sang-woo. He's from South Korea (you know, the good Korea that doesn't want to blow up the world and sing "I'm So Ronery" in front of his tank of killer sharks with bellies full of UN Weapons Inspectors.) Besides very much looking the part, he apparently can kick richard simmons with the best of them. According to FilmJunk, after a successful audition, he is currently in the final stages of negotiations to play the part. Once that is finalized, look for the film (which has been saddled with dilatory issues) to kick into high gear in order to meet its projected July 9, 2010 release date.

[]http://cache.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/170181_S/The-Green-Hornet-Has-The-New-Kato-Been-Found.jpg[/]

While he's been virtually invisible in the west, Kwon Sang-woo has pretty well established himself in his home of South Korea. As seen in

(one of many), you get a generally good idea that he's not only physically capable of nailing the role, but he also has a versatility that may turn this into a star-making vehicle.

Considering that the choices are indeed, few and far between, Kwon's addition to the cast might just be the thing to pull this troubled production out of the nightmare its been experiencing for nearly the past year.

Source: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/697841/The-Green-Hornet

TY, thanks again for sharing another article/news about this movie. Woahhhh......... final stage of negotiation to play the part. I'm sure we could get to hear from him soon. KSW 1st hollywood movie - I'm happy for him! I'm sure he's fit to play this role. :D:lol: