Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Guest TY_KSW

Kwon Sang-Woo to Debut in HOLLYWOOD?!!!

23 July 2009 by soy-saucy 352 views 5 Comments

.......... as names such as Jet Li, Tony Jaa, and Jason Scott Lee have also been thrown around.

i respect Jet Li and a fan of him however Jet Li, Tony or Jason are all too aged/matured images ... to play Cato..

Its time for Hollywood to change the image of an old short austere Asian kungfu master to a tall handsome sexy and skillful momjjang :lol:

ilwoo, what if they won't be together in 1-stage? I hope they would.................... :lol::mellow:

hope they would, so, you dun have to upload 2 pix just instead 1 together! :lol:

hope they would, so, you dun have to upload 2 pix just instead 1 together! :lol:

TY, you're funny, dear but you're right - hahaha - Kidding aside, seeing them together would be amazing! In case this will happen tomorrow, I would have already a photo of them together to complete at least my file/folder. :D:lol:

*** Sorry, I have to re-post what ilwoo had just posted above.........with pictures this time............. :lol:

Kwon Sang-Woo to Debut in HOLLYWOOD?!!!

kwon-sang-woo-as-kato.jpg

So before we get too excited and carried away, let’s have a reality check. Kwon Sang-woo recently traveled from Hallyuwood to Hollywood (LA, actually) to meet with the famed French filmmaker/director, Michael Gondry, who is directing the upcoming movie, “The Green Hornet” co-written and starring Seth Rogan in the titular role. Gondry directed the film “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” as well as wrote and directed “The Science of Sleep”. He has also directed countless music videos and adverts. It seems that Kwon Sang-woo is in LA for the casting call to play the role of Kato in the “The Green Hornet”.

The “Green Hornet” series, which debuted on radio in 1936, is about newspaper publisher Britt Reid who moonlights as a masked crime-fighter along with his martial arts-expert sidekick and butler of sorts, Kato. Since the radio show it has had its own television show and has also been serialized as a beloved comic book series.

kato_mask.jpg

There is much speculation on who will get the role of Kato as Stephen Chow was originally set to tackle the role as well as direct the film. However, due to creative differences, Chow stepped down as director of the film and was replaced by Gondry, and will no longer be playing the manservant Kato. The road to Hollywood via this role will not be an easy one for the “mom-zzang” or awesome bodied, 32 year old, “Cinderella Man” and “Story Sadder than Sadness” actor Kwon Sang-woo however, as names such as Jet Li, Tony Jaa, and Jason Scott Lee have also been thrown around.

Lots of luck to him though-to have his first foray into Hollywood in a film co-starring the likes of Seth Rogan as the ultimate fanboy’s hero, and potentially Cameron Diaz as a reporter and Nicholas Cage as a villainous gangster in supporting roles as well, would kick some serious butt.

Filming is set to begin in September with a June, 25, 2010 release.

800px-the_green_hornet-_2010_film.jpg

Source : seoulbeats

Guest TY_KSW

hahha, that mask looked so sexy for our man.. :lol:

dun know why he has to wear mask, while i could recognized him in a full black armour! ! hahah!

Guest TY_KSW

TY, hahaha - nice & cool artwork that you did............. :D:lol:

not my artwork dear

it is a portrait photo by the Mydaily..

left side is our man and right side is Bruce Lee.. :lol:

*** I think this is the right thing that they’ll do – to investigate this. :huh::mellow:

Star Couple to Seek Probe Over Rumors

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/news/090723_am_star.jpg

Star couple Kwon Sang-woo, right,

and Sohn Tae-young

Star couple Kwon Sang-woo and Sohn Tae-young plan to ask police to investigate malignant rumors about them, which have been spreading rapidly through Internet portals, pres reports said.

One of the couple's associates was quoted as saying, "Rumors began to emerge through newsletters circulating in the stock market. The couple will file a petition with the police cyber task force asking for a probe."

One of the rumors has it that Kwon, 33, and Sohn, 29, will divorce soon. The couple is dismissing the rumors flatly, reportedly saying, "We are living well. We have no idea why such rumors are spreading."

Kwon's friends support the couple's allegations, noting that the couple have been going out with their son frequently. Kwon and Sohn tied the not last September at a three-hour private wedding that drew a crowd including top Korean stars, reporters and fans from Japan.

Kwon shot to stardom by appearing in hit dramas like "Stairways of Heaven (2003)," "Bad Love (2007)" and movies "My Tutor Friend (2003)" and "Fate (2008)."

Sohn, a Miss Korea runner-up in 2000, gained popularity with her acting and sense of style with such films as "Sad Movie (2005)" and "The Railroad (2007)."

Source: koreatimes.co.kr

Credit : rubie/news thread

well their denial is such a bland one for a supposedly so-deeply-in-luv couple if u ask moi ...... -_-

That is the price of stardom!

surely our Sangwoo knows well better than any!

:D

I m expecting the day we see Luke's photos!

@ Will: News said he is in US on business and new project negotiation.. Not sure what exactly they are!

Son Tae Young is busy filming "Two Wives", could not accompany him ! :lol:

hee hee hee :sweatingbullets: ....... in d hypothetical scenario of a parting of d ways, wonder who will get custody of Lukie :phew:

Top Star Kwon Sang Woo will be in the Hollywood project

Newsen [2009-07-23 14:31:12]

Korean topstar Kwon Sang-woo is staying in LA to have the final meetings with a major film studios. The meetings is in strict secrecy.

Kwon received several offers this year and is scheduling to sign contract this year fall. The new project will start shooting early next year. According to a close source, it is a hero character in a Hollywood masterpiece.

Kwon departed for US on July 15 and is working with the famous French director Michel Gondry who is working up a masterpiece starring actress Cameron Diaz.

Director Michel (May 8, 1963) is a famous film director and producer. His famous projects are very well known such as Human Nature, Eternal Sunshine of The Sportless Mind, The Science of Sleep ... and so on. He also directed for music video of Björk, Rolling Stones, Beck ...

The current film work will be a super project that have a crush on Kwon Sang-woo, and the significant positive response to his appearance should have been.

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=20...mp;searchstring=권상우

Western film B) ...... Sangwoo obviously won't get top billing :rolleyes:

Kwon - Son : shooting photo of 1-year wedding anniversary to "wipe out malicious rumors'

Newsen [2009-07-23 23:07:57]

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1621/20...20461610101.jpg

Actor Kwon Sang-woo and his wife Son Tae Young will have an official pictorial introduction.

The coming September 28 will be a one-year wedding anniversary of star couple Kwon - Son who are planning to have a magazine photo shoot. The couple have been receiving many offers from several magazines this year to have their official pictures. The coming photo shoot will be the first public pictorial introduction by this newly family.

Son Tae Young's agent verbally replied to news on July 23 that, "Kwon Sang-woo and Son Tae Young are shooting photos. It was planning to celebrate 1-year anniversary and introducing the new family."

Feedback to the recent rumors, he said "It is totally unfounded. Nothing wrong happened between them and things are going on very well!"

Meanwhile, Kwon and Son' agencies are working with a cyber-investigation to track down the rumor sources.

Son Tae Young is currently filming SBS Drama 'Two Wives" while Kwon Sang Woo is in LA to negotiate with director Michel Gondry for a Hollywood masterpiece project.

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?

took them almost a year to decide on d pictorial :rolleyes: ....... obviously to quell d divorce rumors B)

Guest TY_KSW

what happen to oppa upcoming drama Road Number One...?

if he's going to Hollywood...???

Road number to start shooting next month Aug and spending 7 months

SW may shoot his own part to wrap it up before leaving to Hollywood! :)

Guest singapore0950

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young slam divorce rumors

coolsmurf in General | 23 Jul 2009 - 10:12 AM

Actress Son Tae Young is preparing to take legal action against netizens who had spread malicious rumors that she was going to get a divorce with Kwon Sang Woo.

On behalf of Son Tae Young, her management agency said on the 23rd, "There have been some pretty weird rumors going around on various blogs that Son Tae Young and Kwon Sang Woo would be getting a divorce, and has left her (Son Tae Young) severely perplexed. But nothing like that is true and we have not entrusted the cyber investigation squad to track down the offenders yet. We have only enquired from the police about the steps we should take. There are no concrete plans yet in place and we will only be making a decision when Kwon Sang Woo is back in Korea."

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young

There have been many postings recently on various blogs that Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young were getting a divorce and the term "Son Tae Young divorces" has been a hotly searched term, with many netizens highly curious about it. The initial rumor only started with that there were differences between Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young and they might be getting divorced. It soon snowballed and got more ridiculous, as netizens started weaving their own fantasy script, saying that Kwon Sang Woo had asked for DNA tests and discovered that Luke Kwon wasn't his own blood.

Son Tae Young's management added, "From what we know, the weird rumors started spreading a month ago through blogs. We understand that tracking down the offenders who had spread the rumors isn't an easy task, but we have been working with ISPs to remove the offending content before we will take any further action. There are no problems between Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young. They are just busy individually with their own business (TEA’US) and drama (2 Wives) respectively."

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young

Kwon Sang Woo had been away in America preparing for his Hollywood debut and it was supposed to be a secret. He did not want to reveal it until it was 100% confirmed but with things as it is, he had no other alternative. He said, "I can tolerate if the rumor only affects me. But I have to take action now because it involves my wife and son. I will definitely hunt down the offenders who spread the rumors when I return to Korea."

Having gotten married on 28th September last year, the couple are planning on a photoshoot together with son, Luke Kwon to commemorate their 1st year anniversary, and will seek to show everyone that they are living happily to squash this rumor.

credit: coolsmurf

Hello.....all

Yes....can believe?

True Or False?

Last night singapore Wanbao also got this news....too :)

Guest TY_KSW

Hello.....all

Yes....can believe?

True Or False?

Last night singapore Wanbao also got this news....too :)

Hi ! long time no see.. :D

the divorce is false

their 1-year-wed anniverary is true

the coming Sep 28 one of Magazines (dun know which one is luckier than others) publish a KWON whole family included protagonist Luke! :lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Kwon Sang Woo in Charity event

July 25 in Cheongdam-dong at gallery "For Baby"

this is a photo exhibition about children in the war and a charity helping disadvantaged children and abandoned babies.

81ab0a93453d2007f549c99.jpg

f82b883acf3d2f42b34ccfc.jpg

3c85461721b78691fda8fe5k.jpg

611f54cce40f8937c27bec2.jpg

53c2c069945dda1b04bc8f0.jpg

1c1c801f29070f2f30e0d3dt.jpg

Credit as stated

Guest ilksw

Kwon - Son : shooting photo of 1-year wedding anniversary to "wipe out malicious rumors'

Newsen [2009-07-23 23:07:57]

i think if this is a rumor, they don't need to take pictures and proof it to the world that they are living happily. taking a family picture doesn't proof anything. it's just a picture. if they want to proof the rumors wrong, they should at least try to get out more together. i mean i know they are busy with their own business, but they can't be too busy everyday. but who knows, they're both actors, they might be pulling an act.

i think if this is a rumor, they don't need to take pictures and proof it to the world that they are living happily. taking a family picture doesn't proof anything. it's just a picture. if they want to proof the rumors wrong, they should at least try to get out more together. i mean i know they are busy with their own business, but they can't be too busy everyday. but who knows, they're both actors, they might be pulling an act.

moi m inclined to agree with u :) ...... as they say, where there's smoke, there's fire ;)

Guest TY_KSW

Agreed on the term picture doesn't proof much!

however, since both are too busy to go out together REGULARLY they will celebrate their 1-year-wed anniversary by a family photo shot!

That is a good chance!

:D

Kwon Sang Woo in Charity event

July 25 in Cheongdam-dong at gallery "For Baby"

this is a photo exhibition about children in the war and a charity helping disadvantaged children and abandoned babies.

[] 81ab0a93453d2007f549c99.jpg[/]

] f82b883acf3d2f42b34ccfc.jpg[]

] 3c85461721b78691fda8fe5k.jpg[/

Credit as stated

Hi TY. thanks for posting these photos. :sweatingbullets::lol: