Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest smile-jw

instead of making a new thread, i'll ask here.

i'm somewhat interested in an mp3 player yet i don't know what kind i want. but i do have a few factors in mind.

• first off, i'm going to say.. NO IPODS.
  • price range, $150 more or less. as long as its worth my money.
  • doesn't need to be a massive 80gb, but 1gb is not enough either.
  • must be able to read english, japanese, chinese, korean, etc.
  • viewing photos is a plus.
  • playing videos is also a plus.
  • long battery life.

if there is a suitable mp3 player, please let me know ! :)

Hm...I suggest the Samsung P2;

3 inch touch screen.

Its fits mostly everything. (I was amazed when I found out they also has cute asian fonts on it too o_o)

Haha~ You can find 2 and 4 GB everywhere. There is also 8gb and 16 gb but those are a little harder to find. The 4GB one is about $170.

It plays video and you can view photos (you can also put them as your P2 wallpaper.)

The battery life is 30 hours of music and 5 hours of video. I guess thats average~

Anyway, I thinkthe Samsung P2 fits. ^^ You should get it. It is gorgeous. ^^

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inyeon.

I posted this on the Samsung P2 thread, but I think It can also go here.

My P2 arrived in the mail today, and I must say, It is amazing. :D I love everything about it. (I expecially love the CONCERT HALL effect! I feel like I'm in a M.Net Countdown rehearsal. Haha.) The only thing I hate is finding songs + videos in the correct format. I wish the P2 was able to read AVI files. I hate finding MP4's. NEVERMIND, so I guess my P2 CAN read AVI! D: -_- The screen protector made me pissed off, cause I couldnt get the dang air bubbles out. -_- After 2 minutes, dust particles went on it, so I couldnt use it anymore.

Another thing that I don't really like is the photos. I dislike LQ photos, so I only save HQ photos on my P2. But when it goes into the P2, It basically resizes the photo and makes it...less HQ? Like when I zoom, it gets very pixal-y. I wish my P2 kept the original size so zooms were more clear.

Anyway, I think its very very sexy. Haha. Both my siblings and cousins are jealous. Can't blame em. Hehehe.

Some photos (I need a new camera, seriously -_-):

p2p2pk6.jpg

I SHiNee-fied it. :D

Guest xiaochingu.

^ wtf stop complaining victoria T_T that looks HQ TO ME =_=! i need a new mp3 D: ipods are crap and i'm never wasting another penny on apple again

anyways =\ ...while i'm here i shall review my m player XD

-

i'm sure you guys have seen those really awesome micky mouse head 1 gb mp3's floating around soompi, dubbed the cutest mp3 player ever XD

haha, it's true...after getting it i get comments about how cute it is ^_^ yeapyeap, the sound is a tad bit better than ipod..it sounds more full and 3 dimensional o-o if that even makes sense, besides the fact that the size is hella small and i can't fit all my songs into it, everything is great, the battery life is reasonable ..i charge it every 2 days, and if you're like me, never having one constant playlist...the small size won't bother you too much. oh and despite the player looking really fragile...it holds up pretty well O_O, i don't have any scratches..or at least you can't see them XD...and the ears stay on after countless song changes XD haha

[now that i think about it...maybe i've reviewed my m player before o_O]

Guest Maddie0407

398551006_39e8143e0a_o.jpg

iPod VIdeo 30GB.

It's awesome at first but I'm bored of it now.

I've had it for 3 years, and still in perfect condition.

Guest the kite

I'm in love with the Sony NWZ ones. I don't know what it's called but I saw it in a store today.

It looks super. A tad big pricey for a lack of features but it looks hot. :3

I wanna get one; how is the quality of it?

Guest andyroxs

I'm in love with the Sony NWZ ones. I don't know what it's called but I saw it in a store today.

It looks super. A tad big pricey for a lack of features but it looks hot. :3

I wanna get one; how is the quality of it?

lol i just posted it several posts above... the 726/728/729 series.. its built really well if thats what your asking. The screen is beautiful, and the music quality is top notch too. My main problems are: no games, cannot zoom into pictures, no sleep mode, and the earphones come off of the player kinda easily.

oh, and it comes with $50 premium in-ear earphones which was the deal clincher for me

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hearte

i love my samsung P2 <3

i also recommend this mp3 player!

i have the black 8 gb, it's so sexy~

it's slim, awesome sound, customizable (so i can hear the bass more :D), touch screen is great, beautiful videos, supports korean, chinese etc. etc.

and you can also pair it with bluetooth devices, which makes it easier to send files.

or pair it with your cellphone :) and you'll be able to talk through your mp3 and make calls. music will stop automatically when a call comes in!

some things i dislike: it's easily scratchable. and it doesn't have as much accessories like the ipod does.

i've been looking for portable speakers that are compatible with the P2, haven't found much.

Guest 432521

I just got the 16gb ipod touch with the newest firmware at 1.1.4 and jailbroken

Price: retail price is at $399 but when my brother got his everything came out to be $426 but when i got mine the guy at the shop made a huge mistake and i got it for $150. :rolleyes:

Pros:

The screen is huge

touch screen

the screen cant scratch

Plus since it is apple such a big name there are alot of hackers out their so you get alot of cool stuff

Cons:

This isnt really becuase of the ipod itself but some of the apps you can get are kind of buggy.

The back is really easy to scratch, mines isnt but my friends is and she didnt even drop it or anything. I mean if you were to make the screen nonscratchable then shouldnt you do the same for the back.

This has to be the worst: you cant replace the battery yourself and within a certain amount of time you have to send it back to the apple company so they can replace it for you and when they do the price is the exact same thing as getting a new one.

I love my new toy i just hope i wont get tired of it anytime soon because i tend to forget about things fast.

Image007.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image003.jpg

My phone:

The Nokia 5300

I have had this phone for at least a year i think and just starting this past month i have stopped using it for music purposes. It is a good music phone i guess it plays and stops when i tell it too, i cant really discribe it.

• 2 weeks later...

the samsung p2 is GORGEOUS. O_O

i want it now. >__<

heard so many good reviews from it.

and by the looks of the reviews on here..i'm wanting one. haha

i just bought a mickey mouse mplayer. the only reason i bought it because its absolutely freaken adorable (:

i'm a big GB user so like i'd die if i didn't have AT LEAST 8GB lmao. i'd prefer like 80 but eh. LOL.

and there aren't really any features to it...but...

i guess my mplayer will be on the go kinda thing. I'll post up a review once i get it. ^O^

Guest ahwin

sony nwz A726... its so friggin thin and has a pretty big screen...

sony-walkman-nwz-a829.jpg

does it display chinese text? i'm looking to get either this one, the zune, ipod nano or samsung p2...undecided at the moment...thanks!

i finally got my mplayer after a long wait. i love it <3

thumb_flex-1216757263948175_file.jpg

pros

+ its cute. SUPER CUTE. haha.

+ no one could tell its an mp3 player

+ its convenient to take with

cons

- no screen so i can't choose a song. but its okay. =)

- i'm clumsy...so there's a possibility of it breaking.

- only 1GB.

i actually don't care about the cons. i like it a lot and i suggest for those who don't mind small storage space and no screen that this is the perfect mp3. especially if you wanna get your girlfriend something. HAHA. ^_~

^^ cute *-*

my pink-ed out iPod touch :)

p7160099nx0.jpg

p7160101ey2.jpg

i'm enjoying its web-browsing feature, like when i wake up in the morning & i'm still too lazy to

get up & go to my desk, i can check my emails without getting out of bed :)

the only thing i don't like about it is the constant need to polish the screen :(

i hate smudges <_<

Guest kiwistar

I'm sure I'm like the 100th requester, but I'm also in desperate need to get a new mp3 player!!

My previous and only mp3 player was this : Sony NW-E205

47740760911171584400587116808220825341.jpg

yeah...it's years old D:

Pros:

cute shape

conveniently located USB (it pops out of the player)

simple to use (i don't really need any more than the basics)

plug in the USB into comp to charge

reallyy nice battery life (i only charge it around 2-3 times a week for 10-15 min.)

reasonable cost

Cons:

Sometimes I can't put certain music files onto it, and I often have to adjust the music file properties before transferring

Usually it can only hold 90-100 songs at a time Dx

I actually like it a lot because it suits all my basic needs (or maybe because it's the only mp3 player I've ever had).

Sadly, I'm really bad at taking care of my things, so it's heavily scratched, the hold button doesn't work, the navigating button fell off (i can still use move the stick underneath it to navigate), other buttons have glitches (sometimes they work, sometimes not), etc.

----------------

Properties of an mp3 player I would want to buy:

Musts:

good battery life

preferably chargeable through USB (simply plug into comp)

a good amount of memory

durability (i can't handle high maintenance devices :P)

good sound quality

convenient to carry (Mickey Mouse phones are a NO)

has a screen (not like ipod shuffle)

Optional:

pictures and videos

Unnecessaries:

bluetooth

phone

internet

touch screen

applications

I think that's all...I hope someone can help me out :D Thanks~<3

edit: oh, and i'd like to avoid any form of iPod if possible!

Guest kiwistar

Kiwistar: The Sandisk Sansa Clip :) It's super compact, durable, has a screen, great sound quality, comes in 1, 2, and 4gb

There's a review here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/20...clip-review.php

Thank you so much for replying! I looked into it, and it seemed to have a lot of great reviews! (Do you have a Sandisk Clip? random question, but doesn it have a digital clock on it? Also, what do you think about it personally?)

I was wondering if you (or anyone else) would recommend an alternative that supports pics + videos.

I'd like to compare the two options and make my decision based off of that :]

Thank you again ^^

Anyone else who has any other suggestions - please share! I'd like to have a few options to choose from :]

VV haha okay thanks<3

Guest **ThatGirlPhuong

No sorry I don't own one but my friend did :lol: I was just throwing out some things that fit your criteria ^^;

Uh, I hope it's all right that I post here (instead of making another thread 'look at me!' thread xD)

I'm sort of interested in another mp3 player (I have an iPod all ready), with the sound quality as my main priority. I was thinking of just putting a number of songs that I always listen to and be able to enjoy it in HQ (:

I was thinking of getting either a Sony NWZ-S618F/W or a Samsung P2. Can someone help me make up my mind, please? ^^; Like giving me the pros and cons of both. Thank you very much!

Guest andyroxs

does it display chinese text? i'm looking to get either this one, the zune, ipod nano or samsung p2...undecided at the moment...thanks!

yepp it does.... id say def not the nano atm tho coz new ones are coming out next september..

Archived