Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest STEPHOO--

i'm getting the ipod touch next week, but i'm scared that once I get it, something new will come out.

have there been any updates to the ipod touch (that i don't know about :sweatingbullets: ) ? Like will they be releasing something new anytime soon? O_O

should I just wait? .. or get something else? My second choice would be the samsung p2.

for those who are asking about the zen 4gb, This one

here's my review/advice:

minimal package: this thing doesn't come with a lot. just expect the player, and nothing more. the USB cable's like 4" long <_<, doesn't come with a charger, and there's not really a user manual, only a quick user guide.

charging: either through USB cable or USB charger. they say 4 hours to fully charge it, but it takes like a couple of hours for me.

converting: easy conversion. never mind what i said. it can convert without the player being plugged in. do install the CCC codecs pack.

size: credit-card size with 2.5" screen. me like.

picture quality: images look awesome... even my mom was like... "ooohh" lolz and converted vids are vibrant as well. my MVs and perfs and crap are all so crisp. i thought that turning from avi to wmv9 would mess with the quality, but it was great.

subtitle: if it's the size of regular soft-subs in srt files, you'll be able to read it. and the creative converter encodes subtitle to your files if there's a softsub file for it!

sound quality: honestly when i use my UE 3's, the sound level i turn to is 2, and when i use my ipod buds, the sound level i turn to is ~7, and the thing goes up to like 30 :blink:, so it's loud enough no matter what buds you use. their conversion software also didn't mess with sound quality, so no fear.

multi-usage: you can listen to music while viewing pics, but you can't listen to the radio while viewing pics. what's up w/ that?

voice-recording: it's so clear! and my voice sounds true to what i think i sound like. you know how when you get recorded, and you're like, who the hell was that? well i actually sound like myself with this thing. love it.

battery-life: not as long as they advertise. but it's not bad.

SD-card: dunno, but according to ppl, not worth it to try. apparently it's not integrated enough.

organization: it organizes vids and pics according to how you stored your files in your comp. if the files came from a folder labeled "Music Vid" it'll be the same in your player. but it organizes mp3s according to the album title in your file's properties. and you can't move your things around. either organize your comp files to begin with, or you have to drag the files to the specific folder within your player when you transfer it.

freezing problem: if it freezes, hit the back/menu button, then hit the play/pause button and it'll resume. i found this out because my hand accidentally brushed across the buttons and voila it played, and i was like, "oh, hello there changmin!" :sweatingbullets:

memory size: a WMV9 MV is about 15-20mb, and 320kbs MP3 is about 10mb ... quick math -- so 200 MVs or 400 mp3s.

durability: will be back with a story when it dies :ph34r: (i bought this with the intention of replacing it after 1 year, hoping it will last that long, so yeah, know what you're getting into).

Guest ccho811

I just lost my YP-T9 today..I'm so sad, it was a good mp3 D:

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread. But I have a question about the Samsung K5.......What are its price ranges if I were to have it purchased in Hong Kong. And I am also looking at it the Samsung K3...

I'm just looking for a sleek sexy design, good sound quality, easy to use menu/track search in an mp3..I like having the video feature but I don't really use it..So would paying the extra money for the K5 as opposed to the k3 be 'worth it' in my case?

Thank you :D

Guest soominie

imgp8561wa1.jpg

Here I go, posting this picture again. XD

It's the newest version, an iPod Classic

I'd say it's pretty good, except for the fact that it STILL hasn't been hacked (people don't know how to change the font, background, etc yet)

and it doesn't have a limit to the amount of words in each note, meaning I can't read any fanfics on my iPod!! GRR

That's the biggest disappointment I have in my iPod.. >:(

And.. I'd say everything else is good. If only I can download games for free.. I'd love to play Tetris hahaha

Guest Indogurl05

Sony NWZ-S616F

index.jpg

nwz-s616f.jpg

Size: 4GB

Price: A$ 193

Battery Life: 33H (but to me it can last 3 days - 5 days..)

Connectivity: USB and it directly in sync with WMP

Media Compatibility: MP3, WMA, mp4, m4a, 3gp, wav, m4v, mpeg-4, jpg

Software: Windows Media Player

Included in the package: Headphones, USB Cable, Attachment to hold the player, CD ROM (Mp3 Conversion Tool, WMP 11, Operation Guide), the manual Quick Start Guide

I like the design and the great thing is that you don't need to resize it like Ipod, just drag the music you want into the WMP 11 or copy and paste to the folder. its not too small or not big at all.. it comes in various color.. sounds nice.. video clarity great.. the album cover will be in the screen when the music is playing..

negative... when you want to have a different song or change the song the playlist will start as 1 again.. if you understand what i mean..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ehh_you

I think I'm going to get a new mp3 player soon. I am deciding between the ipod nano (8gb) or the zune (8gb). can someone help me out? Which one is better according to

battery life

screen

sound quality

price

size

overall appearance

software

navigation

weight

and anything else you can think of.

thanks in advance.

Cowon D2 DAB

battery life - 52 hours

screen - 2.5" touchscreen

sound quality - should be the best right now at the market (reviewed by some german sites. didn't read any english sites yet)

price should be - 180$, dunno the price of the DAB yet

size - 78mm x 55.4mm x 16.6mm

overall appearance - cowon_d2.jpg

software - a software is optional

navigation - via touchscreen or stick

weight - 91g (nano is 50g)

I personally can't decide if I get a Ipod Touch or the Cowon D2. Ipod Touch has wifi, but Cowon is overall better.

There are a 4gb for 180dollars and a 8gb for 220 dollars. But you can upgrade with a 8gb sd-card at anytime.

For the video quality: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29357

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xquisite_

$119.00 for an 8GB Creative Zen - good deal?

Looking at reviews and specs it seems like a sufficient mp3, I was thinking of buying one. =3

Guest cathy the dork

i have an ipod touch right now

but im looking to buy a new mp3.

something small but nice like iriver?

I don't really need all the videos and pictures but still something thats nice?

and i also wanted to know where you can buy iriver mp3s in america...

$119.00 for an 8GB Creative Zen - good deal?

Looking at reviews and specs it seems like a sufficient mp3, I was thinking of buying one. =3

WHERE?!?!?! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: YES GOOD DEAL!

[edit]oooooo i just saw that on future shop ahahha~ damn it's tempting! ever since the lost of my creative zvm i've been wanting to have a replacement ;_;

Guest xquisite_

WHERE?!?!?! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: YES GOOD DEAL!

[edit]oooooo i just saw that on future shop ahahha~ damn it's tempting! ever since the lost of my creative zvm i've been wanting to have a replacement ;_;

Yepp, Future Shop. Mhm it is tempting, which is why I went out to buy it yesterday haha.

Guest Sheon

Samsung YP2

4GB* flash memory 8gb and 16gb u can buy i use the 4b

Pocket-size design measures just 0.4" thin and weighs just 2.9 ounces

Supports MP3, WMA and WMA DRM music formats; supports JPEG, MJPEG, AVI, MPEG4 AVC, MPEG4 XviD, DivX and WMV video formats

Touch screen interface is easy to use

Built-in FM tuner and Bluetooth audio streaming

USB interface

Photo viewer

Rechargeable battery provides up to 30 hours of playback

Music management software included

u can buy it at bestbuy for 169$

i love this mp3 player by far the best mp3 player i have ever owned

all touch screen mp3

very good audio sound quaity with dnse

lots of features including game korean/en dict calender calculator etc

songs show lyrics and album art

here are some pics of this beauty

*most of the feautres i am showing require u to use the korean frimware if anyone needs help with this just ask me and yes u can have english menus in the korean firmware*

p2305081710ag2.th.jpg

*main menu set with my custom UI there are other UI to pick from

album art cover flow mode makes it easy to find and pick cds

p2305081712qf0.th.jpg

now playing screen there are 3 diffrent visual effects to choose from plus alub art and artist info

p230508171201xu5.th.jpg

double tapping the screen enlarges the album artwork and shows the song lyrics the lyrics also hightligh in blue accoding to song postion

p230508171202zu8.th.jpg

phone mode this mp3 player can act as a bluetooth headset for your mobile phone so you can make calls and get calls through the mp3 player it also has a built in mic so u can talk thru the mp3 player to this is my best feature of this mp3 player

p2305081713vu5.th.jpg

bad image of it playing movies but the player plays videos very very nice

p230508171301gl1.th.jpg

korean keyboard for the dict feature there is also a full qwerty keybaord in english

p2305081714rp4.th.jpg

dict

p230508171401kp8.th.jpg

if anyone wants help with this mp3 player just ask me or add me on msn i can help u getting korean msic on it to

Guest thy.

soominie: where'd you get that skin? it's cute (:

i have a silver pod shuffle. i'll post up a picture when

i get home from school later today :D

sony-walkman-nw-s700.jpg

sony walkman s700

it's pretty good :)

although , if you drop it on brick, it'll die .__.

it's only an mp3 , no special photos or videos, but it works really well , and it's easy to use.

but the handle in which you scroll up and down for songs ,

yeah , don't play with it too much , it'll get loose and the connection won't be that great T__T

( past experience, coughcough )

and the colours are really pretty ! :D

ooooone last thing -

it says that it has playlists,

but i've had TWO so far, and neither of em had playlists T__T.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived