Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest eminemjamesuk

desk007ab4.jpg

Let's see here...

iPod touch 16GB (with software update)

My latest MP3 player is the iPod touch, which I got a few weeks ago for $399 with the software update. In my opinion, the value of the player increases substantially with the addition of the new software. If you don't have it and you have a touch, I would highly recommend you buy it. The interface is nearly identical to the iPhone's. My only real gripes about the player are 1) the fact that transfer is slow as hell. I mean, cmon. It's 2008 - songs should transfer faster than 1 song per second 2) Music navigation is harder (especially the scrubber) than on previous click wheel iPods. I suppose the last one's a given since it's a touchscreen player. 16GB is ample, video playback is phenomenal, audio quality is superb - all in all, the iPod touch is one helluva good player.

iPod nano (both 1G, the one on the left is 2GB, the other is 1GB)

The iPod nano is good as a secondary player, mainly because of its small capacity, small form factor, it's lightweight, and has a substantial battery life. Incredibly thin, you can take the nano wherever you go. Now that I have a touch, I mainly use the nano when I work out or sometimes when carry around a touch would be too troublesome. Audio playback is as you would expect from all iPods - excellent, and pictures is a feature that I rarely get to use anyway so I can't make an impartial review on that. If you're looking for a small music player, look no further than the iPod nano. However, keep in mind if your library is a bit larger than 4 or 8 GB, you may want to look for a larger player.

iPod 4G 20GB

I bought this one in 2004, and it was my first iPod. The iPod "classic" is a sturdy player that has ample space to hold all my music. Given that there are no gimmicks like photos or video playback on this iPod, it's a solid music playback machine. Battery life has greatly declined over the years and now can hold a charge for about 2 hours down from the original time of 12 hours. Click wheel navigation is just about the best input device out there on the market today. If you're looking for a player to hold your entire library, you should look into an iPod classic, or whatever Apple has replaced this product with. Since I have other replacement players, this iPod mainly serves as an alarm clock, sitting on its iHome throne everyday. Sometimes, though, I take it out with me when I'm outside. But now that I have a touch, it seems like this iPod's going to remain a permanent resident on my desk.

That's about it for me!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aimrun

HELP!!!

I'm looking for a new MP3 player, and I don't want a big one, just small, light and sturdy, if possible since I stuff the earphones like 24/7 and it's really helping if I can just slip it in my jean's pocket, ready on the go.

This is the one I use for now, for 2 years already # GC-MMP601C - check for the purple mp3 player.

Basically, any MP3 player that has these requirements?

1. SMALL, like size of my palm?

2. LIGHT, so that my pants don't sag from the bulkiness O_o

2. STURDY, won't fall into pieces just by a drop - my current one is so helpful, I dropped it like gazillion times since I got it 2 years ago, and it only SCRATCHES. (^.^)

3. INTERNAL RECHARGABLE BATTERY OR RECHARGEABLE BATTERY GIVEN ALONG WITH THE THING - I don't want to keep on buying AAA batteries everytime it dies out, and I listen to music A LOT. I can recharge every night before going to sleep.. :)

4. All those bass thingies...I don't understand, so as long as it SOUNDS GOOD, I'm okay with it.

5. LONG BATTERY LIFE, like more than the 10 hours I get with the purple darling above^

6. Color screens, photo viewing, and video playback are NOT a priority - I don't watch videos, look at pictures or check out what song it is, I listen to them all. AUDIO is the main focus now.

7. EQUALIZER MODE: old one has 7 EQ: normal, rock, classic, pop, jazz, mild and undertone (I usually pick ROCK all the time, it sounds good) - more is better :)

8. FM Radio - not a priority, I don't listen much to radios nowadays. I depend on heavy promotion online to listen to new songs. But I won't say no to it.

9. Wireless capability - not a priority. :)

10. Music recording - if it's there, I'll be thankful. If it's not... I don't care really, I don't use it much.

11. Voice recording - ditto^

Iono if there's any other features I want to have; I'm a noobie in this area. Help me please?

Oh yeah, I don't need a large capacity, 5GB should be enough for me. :) Cheers!

Guest andyroxs
HELP!!!

I'm looking for a new MP3 player, and I don't want a big one, just small, light and sturdy, if possible since I stuff the earphones like 24/7 and it's really helping if I can just slip it in my jean's pocket, ready on the go.

This is the one I use for now, for 2 years already # GC-MMP601C - check for the purple mp3 player.

Basically, any MP3 player that has these requirements?

1. SMALL, like size of my palm?

2. LIGHT, so that my pants don't sag from the bulkiness O_o

2. STURDY, won't fall into pieces just by a drop - my current one is so helpful, I dropped it like gazillion times since I got it 2 years ago, and it only SCRATCHES. (^.^)

3. INTERNAL RECHARGABLE BATTERY OR RECHARGEABLE BATTERY GIVEN ALONG WITH THE THING - I don't want to keep on buying AAA batteries everytime it dies out, and I listen to music A LOT. I can recharge every night before going to sleep.. :)

4. All those bass thingies...I don't understand, so as long as it SOUNDS GOOD, I'm okay with it.

5. LONG BATTERY LIFE, like more than the 10 hours I get with the purple darling above^

6. Color screens, photo viewing, and video playback are NOT a priority - I don't watch videos, look at pictures or check out what song it is, I listen to them all. AUDIO is the main focus now.

7. EQUALIZER MODE: old one has 7 EQ: normal, rock, classic, pop, jazz, mild and undertone (I usually pick ROCK all the time, it sounds good) - more is better :)

8. FM Radio - not a priority, I don't listen much to radios nowadays. I depend on heavy promotion online to listen to new songs. But I won't say no to it.

9. Wireless capability - not a priority. :)

10. Music recording - if it's there, I'll be thankful. If it's not... I don't care really, I don't use it much.

11. Voice recording - ditto^

Iono if there's any other features I want to have; I'm a noobie in this area. Help me please?

Oh yeah, I don't need a large capacity, 5GB should be enough for me. :) Cheers!

Sansa view or Creative zen seems to fit the bill perfectly... except for the wireless part.. id suggest the zen, its just so awesome~

Guest ken5iii
Hii everyone :blush:

So after going back and forth between the iriver clix 2 and the Zen I will for the Zen.

I have a couple of questions though; its the Creative Zen 4gb mp3 player

1) Does this have language support for (Chinese/Korean/Japanese) ?

2) What would you rate this compared to the Apple Ipod ?

3) How is the sound and video quality for this ?

SORRY FOR THE questions >0<!!

Thanks in advance <3*

10093620.jpg

~ eternal.happiness

1. yes, it even has thai XD

2. i havent had an ipod yet, but basing from my friend's ipod, this is heck alot easier to use and to transfer music, videos, pics, etc.

3. sound is ok, well i dont really listen that loud, comparing it to ipod the sound isnt as loud as ipods. quality is great.

for video quality its really nice and crisp clear as they say on their website that it has like 2 million pixels or something like that..

Guest aimrun

^ Thank andyroxs

How do I transfer files into the thing? Is it a drag and place thing or I need to use special method?

It works okay with downloaded songs off internet right?

And I read that Creative freezes up a lot?

Here's a list of what I'm thinking of to get~

SanDisk Sansa View 8GB MP3 Player

SanDisk Sansa e250 2GB Digital Audio Player

Creative Labs Zen 8GB MP3 Player

Sony NWZ-A816 (4GB, white)

Anyone using this can tell me whether it's good enough? And help me make my choice too~ :)

Guest stardaisy212
^ Thank andyroxs

How do I transfer files into the thing? Is it a drag and place thing or I need to use special method?

It works okay with downloaded songs off internet right?

And I read that Creative freezes up a lot?

Here's a list of what I'm thinking of to get~

SanDisk Sansa View 8GB MP3 Player

SanDisk Sansa e250 2GB Digital Audio Player

Creative Labs Zen 8GB MP3 Player

Sony NWZ-A816 (4GB, white)

Anyone using this can tell me whether it's good enough? And help me make my choice too~ :)

its easy to add music just right click on the song and click on copy to creative zen

i have two; one that i spill something on it and it broke so i got the same one but different color and it froze like 2 times idk why but u need to just reset it with something small and it restores everything pretty much

i also droped it a couple time and there are only a couple of scratches

Guest aimrun

OKAY.

HELP.

I CAN'T CHOOSE BETWEEN:

1. Creative Zen 4GB

2. SanDisk Sansa e260 (4GB)

Anyone using these 2 players? Can you help me?

Guest andyroxs
OKAY.

HELP.

I CAN'T CHOOSE BETWEEN:

1. Creative Zen 4GB

2. SanDisk Sansa e260 (4GB)

Anyone using these 2 players? Can you help me?

probably get the Sansa if you need it to be really reliable.. but the creative is more unique ^^ Plus, the Sandisk user interfaces are really generic looking.

@ allycat415

How is the sony nwz a816? Is it complicated to use?

To everyone else

I am deciding between that and maybe the Sansa or a Ipod. Almost everyone has Ipod so i kindda want something different, like the sony nwz a816. Also, I think its cheaper than Ipod. I am having some trouble deciding, can someone help me out please???

Guest halcyondays
@ allycat415

How is the sony nwz a816? Is it complicated to use?

To everyone else

I am deciding between that and maybe the Sansa or a Ipod. Almost everyone has Ipod so i kindda want something different, like the sony nwz a816. Also, I think its cheaper than Ipod. I am having some trouble deciding, can someone help me out please???

its so easy to use, its ridiculous. im still really in love with this thing. and yea i was like you, in that i really didnt want an ipod since everyone else seemed to have one. and yes it really is cheaper than the ipod. plus the casing is better quality. plus it looks way better in person than in the picture.

to put music, pix, and vids its just drag and drop into the folder and ur set. seriously, it doesnt take much brain power. and the controls and interface is extremely simple. its tougher to watch movies on it or anything for extended periods of time but for like tv episodes the screen size is enough and the video quality is pretty clear. the best part of this thing and in which everyone seems to agree on is that the sound quality on it is absolutely amazing out of the box. the headphones they give u are rather higher quality than other mp3s also.

hoped that helped ^^

im not much of a reviewer :lol:

*edit*

no problemo,

im happy to answer questions

well i dont know where u heard that there's no shuffle but there is definitely a shuffle feature on it.

and well for me watching a drama series on it is not bad but then i tend to have better vision then other ppl so its kinda based on ur preferences on it. but yes it is possible in my opinion. and yes the battery is also long lasting, unless ur watching videos consecutively of course. supposedly 33 hours with music and 8 hours of video per charge each, which is via usb btw. and yes i got the 4 gb since i was on budget and it was enough for me to play around with. i bought it on sale for $119 after tax so its not bad. i dont know how much space u need so its really up to u.

yes it supports asian languages: japanese, korean, chinese (traditional and simplified)

Thanks a lot allycat. but can i ask a few more questions? sorry!

1. i heard that it doesn't come with a shuffle mode...is that true?

2. is it possible to watch drama series on it?

3. does it support asian languages?

I like the idea of just click and drag into the folders, much more easier than the way of ipod. I hope the battery is good too. I leaning a lot to get this mp3, especially this week since its supposed to be on sale. Do you mind how much you bought it for at circuit city? You got the 4GB version? I just found that there is a 8GB version. Now I don't know which one to get since I want something good but also on a tight budget. Space is important too. :blink::wacko:

Sorry for all the questions but if anyone else has input on this mp3, please speak up! thank you!!

Guest andyroxs
Thanks a lot allycat. but can i ask a few more questions? sorry!

1. i heard that it doesn't come with a shuffle mode...is that true?

2. is it possible to watch drama series on it?

3. does it support asian languages?

I like the idea of just click and drag into the folders, much more easier than the way of ipod. I hope the battery is good too. I leaning a lot to get this mp3, especially this week since its supposed to be on sale. Do you mind how much you bought it for at circuit city? You got the 4GB version? I just found that there is a 8GB version. Now I don't know which one to get since I want something good but also on a tight budget. Space is important too. :blink::wacko:

Sorry for all the questions but if anyone else has input on this mp3, please speak up! thank you!!

yes it can do/has all of those things. As for memory, there is nobody better to ask than yourself. Are you willing to pay for the extra 4gb?

Thanks so much for everyone's help.

The quality was a lot better than I expected. I watched the demo video but I still can't put drama series on it. 4GB is good since I am on a budget but it would be better if there was more space. Am I doing something wrong thats why I can't put videos on it?

So far I'm liking this mp3.

EDIT//

I know this question should be posted in troubleshooting but I wanted to see if any here could answer. Does anyone know how to upload videos to the Sony NWZ A816? It doesn't work. I tried to convert drama onto it but it still didn't work. Help please!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Best deal on the Samsung P2 4 GB is here ($150 free shipping)

Buy.com

Its so sexy

I am this close to buying it

Someone PLEase justify this purchase for me

Is there any way at all to convert avi/divx files to svi?

Guest Sycho1ogY

Best deal on the Samsung P2 4 GB is here ($150 free shipping)

Buy.com

Its so sexy

I am this close to buying it

Someone PLEase justify this purchase for me

Is there any way at all to convert avi/divx files to svi?

when I buy stuff for myself i just think "I'm going to buy it because gosh darnit I work, I pay my bills, I am a responsible adult and if I want it, I will have it because I deserve it".

Guest PockyUpNose

I wish i could say that about myself

haha :sweatingbullets:

just get it. its pretty good.

i got the ipod touch, and i think i regret getting it haha. I wanted something with a better sound quality.

Guest Goombi

I'd get it as well. I got a black 8GB just when it came out for 280 and I haven't regretted my decision yet. The bluewave is keeping the mp3 player fresh, the touchscreen response is getting a lot better, and besides, the sound quality is impeccable.. even with the stock earbuds which aren't that bad by the way :)

Archived