Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

"2016 Birthday Support - Round 1"

It is Min Ho's 30th birthday this year. Lee Min Ho 1st Hong Kong Fans Club has sent our birthday blessings by doing advertisement in Seoul.

Location: Near Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station Exit 1

Period: Now until July 8, 2016

Special thanks to Minoz Peace for the photo and also all Minoz that joined this event.

13432430_1330553126973696_88263186486005

lmh1hkfc

• Like 6

The most influential Asian film industry figure

photo734749.jpg

SEOUL, June 15 (Yonhap) -- Actor Lee Min-ho has received a prize for the most influential Asian film industry figure at a movie awards ceremony hosted by Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, his agency said Wednesday.

Lee was chosen as the "Asian Cinema Pioneer" at the inaugural Weibo Movie Awards Ceremony held in Shanghai on Monday night, MYM Entertainment said.

photo734764.jpg

Min-ho smiles after winning the Asian Cinema Pioneer award at the 2016 Weibo Movie Awards Ceremony in Shanghai on June 13, 2016. (Yonhap)

Winners are selected based on an online vote by 100 million Weibo subscribers who are film fans, according to the organizer.

Lee catapulted to stardom with his role in the 2009 soap opera, "Boys Over Flowers," and has starred in a variety of films and TV dramas such as "City Hunter" and "The Heirs." He currently has 2,883 followers on Weibo.

Most recently, he appeared in "Bounty Hunters," a South Korea-Chinese co-produced action film slated to open on July 1. In November, he is set to appear in the SBS TV series whose title roughly translates to "Legend of the Blue Sea" together with Jun Ji-hyun, the "My Love from the Star" heroine who also has a large following in China.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/06/15/0200000000AEN20160615002500315.html

• Like 11

17 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi joannabof, I'm happy for LMH that he got the award. 100-M film fans on Weibo determined the winners by evaluating their impact and voting for them online. I read & IDK if I’m right that currently he has 28.8-M followers on Weibo. I guess this means a lot to him since this is the assessment of the C-public themselves to him. :P

Honestly this award dosen't come to me as surprise and I always knew that he was the most influential figure in Asian Cinema for the last 8 years or so. He has come a long way and have been consistent in defining the true beauty of Asian cinema to the world and somehow managed to make an entire region trendy and as you see now Dramafever, Hulu, netflix are all into Asian Dramas. His truely a larger then life personality and one of the best talents in recent times. He defines talent, humility and hardwork.ClEywq1UYAIrgQz.jpg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, joannabof said:

Honestly this award dosen't come to me as surprise and I always knew that he was the most influential figure in Asian Cinema for the last 8 years or so. He has come a long way and have been consistent in defining the true beauty of Asian cinema to the world and somehow managed to make an entire region trendy and as you see now Dramafever, Hulu, netflix are all into Asian Dramas. His truely a larger then life personality and one of the best talents in recent times. He defines talent, humility and hardwork.

This is so true. thanks for the comment

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

Lovin' the whole vibe of BH---the action, the comedy, the chemistry between all the main, even the fun song :wub:

i can't wait! :crazy: when will they announce the US premier? 

cr minoz_selene

Thank god release date is released for my country the UK

2 hours ago, urkhan said:

This is so true. thanks for the comment

Your welcome

• Like 1

Top hallyu actor Lee Min-ho has been named the Asian film industry's most influential figure, Lee's management agency said Wednesday.MYM Entertainment said Lee earned the "Asian Cinema Pioneer" prize at the Weibo Movie Awards Ceremony in Shanghai on Monday night.

About 100 million subscribers of Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, voted for the winners.

"The prize is meaningful because local Chinese people voted for him," the organizer said.

Lee, who has about 28,830,000 followers on Weibo, jumped to stardom with his role in KBS2 TV soap opera "Boys Over Flowers" in 2009. He then established a solid foothold as a top actor by starring in many films and TV dramas, including "City Hunter" and "The Heirs."

Lee is set to star in a romantic fantasy series tentatively titled "Legend of the Blue Sea" with Jun Ji-hyun, the heroine from hit TV drama "My Love from the Star" (2013-14).

http://news.theindiansubcontinent.com/korea/item/282248-actor-lee-min-ho-wins-asian-cinema-pioneer-prize

• Like 8