Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

that's so true!

it's really breaking my heart watchin JP's gets drunk with some ladies at bar, and broke the toys. the jail scene T_T

all the sweet moments suddenly has gone :(

well, im a bit dislike watching Mino sit with those ladies.. -_- *jealous?..though..ㅋㅋㅋ*

w8vuz4.jpg2i7yxl.jpg

btw, JP's jacket reminds me of his skiing's jacket.. ^_^

102l9n4.jpg

cr: DC + please do not hotlink

updated Japan's official site pictures - 09.03.24

Etude photos :wub:

gp38b.jpg

gp39b.jpg

minho.jp

Guest ml_87

OMG, ss VI, ths so much for the caps!! although i'm still sad now, i'm so happy that Mino's performance has bene even better. wherever it's Jp's scene , the camera focuses on Mino's eyes. i notice that many other actors cant express felling through eyes so u i can only catch their feeling through words or facial expression.

to me he's the best in BOF's cast!! :D

btw, how i wish i were one of those girls :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Guest mirima2244

mirima2244, thanks for sharing the calender, dear

you said you made it quicky?..that's cool! <3

yhh i did made it quickly as soon as i got the pics so i made it in about 5mins

guys the thanx for the pics they are just soooo AWESOME!!!

:rolleyes:

Guest sunnyz1

the following is coming from an enthusiastic Chinese fan's thinking....

i just read it and thought her words are so sincere and reasonable.

so i helped her to post it here..................

special thanks to EMMAW...

A Good Start, an Unfortunate Turn

That is my opinion of the Korean version Boys Over Flowers.

The first 12 episodes are fresh and enjoyable. The story followed the manga closely with some careful adaptation here and there; the characters were nicely set up by the effective performances of the leading actors. But for the past 10 episodes, I, like many audience following the show, sat hopelessly each week only to watch it take a downward spiral. Part 2 of BOF seemed to turn into a product of joint forces by powerful agent (actor representatives) and deep-pocketed sponsors.

Mr. Lee Minho has proved himself to be a very talented and charismatic young actor who carried the first half of the show effectively. We see him building this character with a competency that is rarely seen in a new-comer. Junpyo, though with noticeable differences from the original manga character, managed to instantly capture the hearts of the audience as well as Jandi’s. But since ep. 13, Junpyo did little other than putting on a sad face, eating endless instant noodles(of a certain sponsor), plugging the silly Shihwa cell phone (of another sponsor) whenever he could, and helplessly bearing the harassment from the fiancée who seemed to get increasingly aggressive and annoying with her excessive screen time. Where is the character? The love-stricken, passionate, single-minded Junpyo? Where is the intriguing love story development of the two main characters? With all the sidetracks around them, the two main characters had marginal screen time together to properly deepen their emotional connections, and whenever they did get together, the drama became a weepy or sappy ost mv! Both Junpyo and Jandi became almost unrecognizable in part 2, it’s as if we are watching a different love story of the cousins of J&J!

As to Jihu, we do get the message, dear writers – yes, he is charming, a “firefighter”, an angel, a human GPS, a combination of Mother Teresa and Superman. We love him. But why do we have to get the same lousy message for over 10 episodes? Other than that he’s extremely nice and infatuated with Jandi, we don’t see any layers of emotion or progressions of motives. The storyline of the “runaway grandpa” is weak if not childish, with too many obvious holes in the plot. And yet, the Jihu storyline took up more screen time than Jundi’s. Why??

We understand the needs to have a “love triangle” of some sorts in such drama. But the extra angle/angles should never out-weigh the main two. You cannot tell a story effectively by spreading it evenly to everyone. You will only end up destroying the dynamics between all the characters.

It was, and always should be a “love story between Tsukasa (Junpyo) and Tsukusi (Jandi)” before anything, and then the story of love and friendship with the F3 and other supporting cast. It should never be an EVEN “love triangle” from start to end! The original manga was too sweet and innocent to be cheapened in such cheesy traditional Kdrama way.

So my humble verdict-

Excessive Jihu storyline: ineffective and distracting.

Excessive fiancée storyline: damaging and dragging.

Giving the supporting cast more than necessary scenes does not do the actors any favor in actuality. And it destroys the balance of the story-telling.

One can’t help but wondering if such storyline arrangements has anything to do the backstage politics? Why do I get the feeling that Lee Minho is just as helpless as the Junpyo in part 2, seeing his character diminished and overpowered episode by episode?

As to the “Seoulmate”line, I like both actors. And the original manga did leave some room for a storyline development. However, I found myself watch this line most impatiently. The ex-girlfriend, the womanizer father, the older brother, all seemed to be more distractions than attractions. The writer attempted to provide some deeper psychological explanation for Yijon’s character, but the effort failed to launch. We only saw “plots”, not characters. Both the dialogues and plots were superficial, and the over-dramatization of Yijon’s character unconvincing. It’s most likely that we may see Seoulmates pucker their lips in this version, but it won’t change the fact that this storyline is still half-baked.

All in all, the production company picked themselves a winning number in the casting department. All F4 young actors and Miss Ku proved to be well fit for their roles, though some are more efficient than others. The biggest winner is undoubtedly Mr. Lee Minho, and deservedly so.

The loser has to be the writing team. Part 2 is Korean BOF’s ambitious attempt to be “original”, and the effort proved to be controversial at best. Is it because of the writers own lack of competency, or the overwhelming backstage politics trying to launch certain actors and selling products? Or both.

Note to G8: You invested smartly and made this version of BOF into a pop culture draw, and then you quickly turned it into a money-printing machine. Good plan, though it could have been done in a more subtle fashion. After all, you are making a show, a drama that has something to do “art”, though probably not too much. But it still is not entirely a commercial product. Next time, try to be less obvious if you can help it. Good job in casting and styling, lukewarm in directing, poor in writing and product pushing (need to improve skills in subtlety).

To the writers and pds: 2 episodes left, impossible to undo the damage of the past 10. But we are hoping anyway. Please stop making mv and using excessive flashbacks. Give poor Junpyo and Jandi some plausible storyline, even some decent dialogues, or even just proper screen time.

Ps. Episode 23 has some welcomed improvement. It once again proved what we all knew for 2 months: give Minho some quality material, and he will shine for you. After all, Junpyo IS the leading man. The main reason why the manga was such an endearing and enduring classic!

Guest ml_87

sunnyz1: ths so much! the author of this post is incredible!! :D i do agree about JH's storyline but i myself dont think that JP-JD screen time is that kind of little. and i dont agree that JP is not weaker than himself before. to me, he is becoming a real man! :)

maybe, i need to rewatch BOF since episode 13. oh, i cant deny that the huge chemistry of JOonDi has made BOF the hit!!

Guest betchay

I'm so inlove with these sets of pix so i made some

signatures for all Min Ho lovers. They are all under soompi siggy size files (40960 bytes).

No need to credit me.. just save & upload on your own photobucket account.

Do not hotlink.. please. smiley11.gif

minho3.gifminho1-1.gif

lmh1.jpglmh2.jpg

lmh3.jpglmh4.jpg

lmh5.jpglmh6.jpg

lmh7.jpglmh8.jpg

lmh9.jpglmh10.jpg

lmh11.jpglmh12.jpg

Guest starlight tears

Can somebody post the voting link..I feel like voting right now for LMH for the job well done in Ep. 23. :)

Guest funkindagirl

I agree with ml 87. He is wonderful at acting and expressing through his eyes.

When JD was breaking up with him, he went from really happy to slowly realising what was happening and you could see his eyes ever so gradually filling with tears. My heart was breaking for him.

And then the deadpan look in his eyes when he was getting drunk and surrounded by girls really conveyed how he was feeling.

What is even more amazing is how he's able to transition so quickly and easily from one emotion to another and get into character.

Because the BTS pics showed him laughing and playing around.

And to do that prior to a very emotive scene...I really applaud Minho.

A lot of other actors and actresses Ive watched have had to 'get in the zone' before a particular crying scene.

They go off alone before shooting and they become calm and serious and dont talk to anyone. Minho doesnt seem as if he needs to do any of this.

betchay, thanks for the sigs, they're beautiful, I love all the different backgrounds.

What is even more amazing is how he's able to transition so quickly and easily from one emotion to another and get into character.

Because the BTS pics showed him laughing and playing around.

And to do that prior to a very emotive scene...I really applaud Minho.

I totally agree with your analysis 'funkindagirl' and 'ml 87', LMH's eyes are very expressive in conveying his emotions. The bus scene was beautifully acted out by Min Ho and Go Hye Sun. Min Ho's character transition is amazing, very natural and effortless. Without, LMH's and Hye Sun's leadership on the show, I don't think there would be many fans holding on to the mess of what BOF has become. I'm glad that the show is ending next week. After much rest, I hope to see Min Ho in a new project, hopefully a drama, with the screen- time and a script that is up to par with his ability.

Guest mirca

Does anyone know when he will be doing the London shoot?

IMO early April will be shooting period.

Will inform you when the news article reports.

Because in mid April LMH will go to Japan to promote BOF with f4.

Guest xoxodaedae

While for Lee Min Ho, he will also be hospitalised mid-May to undergo a surgery to remove the metal support frame in his leg.

His representative said, “After his London photoshoot and Japanese activities end, he will be hospitalised to undergo the surgery. And then he will hold a birthday party cum fanmeeting in June.”

credits to:http://boys-before-flowers.blogspot.com/search/label/lee%20min%20ho

So, he will be doing a photoshoot in london? of course they'll all turn out beautiful :)

and he WILL hold a birthday party fanmeeting :D !! yay!

Guest rainbow9

Hey everyone, I've found a way to increase our votes on the site. When you click into vote for JD/JP, click your mouse and hit enter. Keep doing it consecutively and it will raise the numbers. I've been clicking and the numbers have jumped quickly! Try it because I am doing it right now!!

Actually, click to vote for JP/JD. Then, a prompter shows up for OK or cancel. Press enter key and keep your finger on it. Every enter will be tallied as a vote.

Guest Allison

^ Yum <3 lol.

IMO, Minho was the star of episode 23 (: Well...he's been the star, but today I was just blown away with his acting. Like what funkindagirl and ml_87 said, Lee Minho can express his feelings through his eyes. During the 'breakup' scene, his eyes smoothly changed from joyful to awful, you know? The tears started forming and I was like :tears: as well, rofl. I'm really glad that Lee Minho was casted as Junpyo because he does an excellent job.

LMH is continuously showing excellent acting despite flawed BOF script! Let's look forward to his next project!

sharing some pics from "High Cut" March 20 edition..It was a big day for me yesterday when I got the magazines straight from Korea, soo many LMH pics! ..thanks so much sis MIRCA for sending me High Cut Magazines...

I'll edit with more pics..still uploading

f421.jpg

f411.jpg

f431.jpg