Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

Guest jellylovesfaith

they didn't let me post it as one post because it's too long so here is the rest of it :D sorry for that

No. 5: Teaches Young-Do to be a grown up instead of an arrogant jerk.f325aa57-833f-4013-9e34-fbb0a1115a32.jpg

I get that Young-do’s life somewhat revolves around Kim Tan. He says so himself at one point, so I’m glad it was Tan who knocked some sense into that crazy head of his. Young-do was easily my most hated character in the show (throwing a girl into a pool to prove a point is not cool bro, it’s sick, go get your head checked)  but I loved it when Tan FINALLY made it clear that he has bigger fish to fry (said that like a boss btw) and that Young-do should start acting more mature (a bit hypocritical though coming from Tan) and stop with the whole dwelling in the past and wallowing with self pity nonsense. Took you a while Tan, but when you did it, it was quite satisfying.  Good Job.

No 4: He is a genuinely nice guy (when he’s not being an annoying drama queen that is)

heirs15-00003.jpg

This is one of the reasons why I honestly cannot not like his character. Tan has his incredibly annoying diva moments yes  but underneath all that, is a sweet, lonely and sincerely nice guy who wants nothing but a little love and comfort from those around him. And really is that too much for a teenager to ask? Tan doesn’t pick fights with those around him, he doesn’t go terrorizing people and he really isn’t the violent type. He is respectful to his elders and is even nice to his peers and the whole social class nonsense doesn’t concern him.  An even though he can get somewhat demanding around Eun Sang and treat her like he’s from the Dark Ages (with all the shoving, pushing, forced kissing and countless wrist-grabs and all) in all honesty, ES could have totally stopped them from the very beginning by simply standing up to him.  And he doesn’t do that with other girls (he treats Bo Na in a friendly manner and even tolerates Rachel). So despite those setbacks  I really do think  Tanny is a nice guy and that makes him a better character than most on the show. 

No. 3: He fought for his love – eventually (which is still more than what anyone else in the show did in the name of love)1386329318-kim-tan-1.jpg

Okay so he took like 16 episodes (I think) to do it but he did right? Yay?  The thing that makes this moments so significant is that he was the only one to actually do something for what he felt was right. Everyone else on the show was stuck in limbo wondering ‘should I or shouldn’t I?’ while Tanny didsomething. And in all honesty, it must have been a very difficult thing to do (despite the fact that the whole scenario seemed a little blown out of proportion) but he wasn’t cowardly about it. He faced it head on and was willing to endure the aftermath like a brave warrior and this makes Tanny the most inspirational character (I’m stretching it I know) out of the whole lot of them (not that that was so difficult I mean who on earth would want to grow up to be someone like Young-do or Rachel?)

No. 2: Tanny is not afraid of who he is. (oh ummm spoiler alert for those who have not watched Heirs yet)

heirs12-00487.jpg

I think one of the best things about Kim Tan is his whole down-to-earthness. He is not afraid of who is and it often appears as if he is secretly proud of it.  It sets him apart from all the other rich kids who think they are superior in every way to others and the fact that he takes this outing of this big secret with as much concern as he would a grain of salt, speaks a lot about who he is. He is not one to keep up appearances and to cower under the pressure of all those around him. He is fearless (to the extent that any teenager could be) about the whole situations and this really makes him into a admirable character. He doesn’t let this secret affect him in the least, which is also pretty big of him. I mean think about it, he is shipped off to a different country, is all alone with nobody to show him love, yet he still doesn’t hate anyone around him and is totally okay with his position in his family.  That’s quite mature coming from him (because let’s be honest, he wasn’t the star example of the most mature person ever).  Again I have to say I was surprised that he had it in him to be this mature and bold which only makes him just a little bit more lovable in my books and he already was.

No. 1: Tan is a very deep, perceptive and soulful person.

heirs1-00300.jpg

This is the reason why I loved his character to death initially and was so frustrated towards the end of the show. I mean what on earth happened to the quiet, pondering and deep Tan?  Did he get lost in America and get replaced by a more annoying and less mature Tan on his way to Korea? Seiorusly. It felt like a whole different personality. I loved the Tan who was rebelling by thinking (how hot is that) and the Tan who was dealing with his inner termoils like a philosopher. I loved the fact that he was a thinker, an intellectual, an embodiment of the term ‘brainy is the new sexy’ and then it’s like they completely changed that Tan into someone different. It’s as if they were saying ‘Oh no sorry, that wasn’t the real Tan, oh my you actually thought that? This annoying and immature teenager right here is the real Tan. Sorry for the mistake. Won’t happen again.’ Except it did happen again. They kept giving me glimpses of the previous Tan from time to time and it only made e wish how awesome the show would have been if they stuck with that Tan through and through. But hey at least for the first 4 episodes, Tanny was just perfect! But anyway back to Tan being deep. Tanny was so amazing in those few episodes so much so that my memory of him kept me watching the show (that and my love for Minho, boy the things I do for you).

And there you have it :D  

zinnia said:

Yoon Hyung Bin is a gagman, and he joked in the program. His character Wang Bi Ho had such a concept in which he spoke harsh words at others out of bravado.

You know what?

If my memory serves me right, Yoon Hyung Bin was an MC of Minho's fanmeeting twice in 2010 and 2011.

I attended at those fan meetings. He was kind, gentle and humorous. If Minho and his agency had had any grudges against him, they would not have invited him as an MC from the biginning. Minho and Mr Yoon even joked about his lines at that time, and all of them and we audiences laughed together.

So please don't take it seriously.

Guest califgirl

@jellylovesfaith I agree w/ your post. I think Tan character is way nicer than the great Gu Jun Pyo but I enjoyed the Heirs less than BOF because to me, his character already evolved before the show started. I think it would be more interesting for me to see how he changed, you know.I also prefer Tan's character and wardrobe in America to in Korea. He seems to be more matured, and his casual surfer boy outfits look better on him than the unflattering high collar shirts and ugly sweaters. The bizarre fashion starts as soon as he arrives Korea.ep4_2_1.png
Remember the Brocade trenchcoat and neon sneakers? [-X.  Really, who approved this?

ok so apparently the Beijing KS3 event is confirm.  It's a Automotive Exhibition.  See him at 10am - 1030am KIA booth launch

Apparently there are other brands endorser appearing too.wonder how many security guards would be needed!?!? 

http://munan.baijia.baidu.com/article/12188

Uri oppa timing clash directly with David Beckham!

9:20—10:00,W309 DS展台,苏菲玛索 (French Artist - the same lady that appear on Chun wan event with Lee Min Ho)

9:30—10:00,E304 丰田展台,林志颖 (Taiwan actor)

10:00—10:30,W105 起亚展台,李敏镐 (Lee Min Ho)

10:00—10:30,W403 捷豹展台,贝克汉姆 (David Beckham)

11:30—12:00,W206 现代展台,金秀贤 (Kim Soo Hyun)

Dear soompi Minoz

I'd like to ask you of one thing.

Now I'm somewhat panicking, but I just hope you'll understand me.

After the tragic accident yesterday, KBS, MBC, and SBS replaced dramas and entertainment programs with news broadcastings last night.

Many concerts, movie premieres, fan sign events, etc have been cancelled, too.

Korean Minoz including me worried about the Lotte Duty Free concert scheduled tomorrow night.

We called Lotte Duty Free asking about the concert, and they answered it will be held regardless the accident because a lot of foreign fans already came in Korea.

Meanwhile, some articles came out saying Lee Min Ho's concert will be held regardless the accident, on the other hand EXO concert will be cancelled, making Minho look bad this afternoon. 

As a Korean, I worry about Korean citizens sentiments now, and I'm not sure if you know what I mean.

Now Korean people are very sad, angry and volatile. I might be exaggerating, but they might need a scapegoat to let out their rage and an object of social contempt to point their finger at.  ㅠㅠ

And Korean Minoz have been pleading with Lotte Duty Free to cancel the concert with tears to no avail.

So if the concert is held tomorrow, I hope that you'll never spread Minho's photos in the net and SNS.

Korean Minoz are pleading with you to wait for a while.

We just hope the concert will end as quietly as possible, if they can't cancel it.

Ooooohh there are so many Minhos at my station!!  :-* I see him in OSIM shops and mall decal all over the island too. Here's hoping more people here will get to know him.  :-bd
@jellylovesfaith you should really get yourself a blog. ;) love your throwback thursdays

zinnia said:

Now Korean people are very sad, angry and volatile. I might be exaggerating, but they might need a scapegoat to let out their rage and an object of social contempt.  ㅠㅠ

And Korean Minoz have been pleading with Lotte Duty Free to cancel the concert with tears to no avail.

So if the concert is held tomorrow, I hope that you'll never spread Minho's photos in the net and SNS.

Korean Minoz are pleading with you to wait for a while.

We just hope the concert will end as quietly as possible, if they can't cancel it.

I read that 18th apr cconcert tics were only given to non - Koreans. Thus 12,000 foreigners will attend thus they are unable to cancel it as they probably already book tics n hotels.

The 19&20 concert is cancelled as it's "Koreans" concert.

Nevertheless understand the situation and hope tat the events will go thru without much backlash and pray for the ferry passengers.

Guest yyanz1

mtdt said: Yes Yes!! I feel bless now! hahaha Last nite I saw his OSIM on my TV and I screamed! My family were giving me the disgusted look! :P
Well... it's really a different feeling to his CF on my 60inch TV! hahaha