Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest Hydrogenic

Lee Min Ho, Moon Chae-won to receive top awards at BiFan

Hallyu star Lee Min Ho and actress Moon Chae-won will be among those honored at the 19th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BiFan).

The two will receive the Producer’s Choice Award as voted by the BiFan and the Korean Film Producers’ Association.

Lee Min Ho starred in the film “Gangnam Blues” this year.

Moon Chae-won’s movies include “Love Forecast” and “War of the Arrows.”

Meanwhile, actor Jung Woo and actress Kim Go-eun will receive the Fantasia Awards, as chosen by Bucheon citizens.

Actor Oh Dal-su of “Ode to My Father” will get the IT Star Award.

The winners are expected to attend the BiFan opening ceremony to be held at the Bucheon gymnasium On July 16.

Lee Min Ho is currently in the US for a photo shoot for Elle magazine. He posted pictures of himself on Instagram having fun at Huntington beach in California.

“#huntington #the heirs,” he wrote, referring to his Korean drama “The Heirs,” which was shot at Huntington beach in 2013.

Lee Min Ho’s next project is the film “Bounty Hunters.”

Read more at http://www.mb.com.ph/lee-min-ho-moon-chae-won-to-receive-top-awards-at-bifan/#38zeJ113RUQfDcrr.99

Guest roshinip

LMH @ Japan, Haneda Airport, back to Korea -20150713:)

Again, his eyes have become more prominent as he’s wearing a mask:P:P

11745320_1467668200197023_60328091258393

11701196_421376144720670_880239905051504

11742683_1662914990611123_13299335653094

10996073_1472695936358638_42943393844860

11703174_1472695333025365_51957469595650

11012905_1121149907914020_30561747767412

Cr owners

Please vote for Minho:   Here
vote → back → vote  (unlimited)

lxhblowakiss_thumb.gif

005Uf2zYgw1eu10atyj9rj30c80amq4b.jpg

According to above HK news, 1000 fans of those who bought Minho's single "Thank you"(1,450 Yen) had opportunity to win the tickets of "high touched" yesterday, and then the single+ticket were raised to 54,000 Yen at internet, fans were still willing to buy.       cj_thumb.gifcj_thumb.gif

Edited by gtLmh0622
  • Like 4

@gtLmh0622 Vote again, seriously? dizzya_org.gif Is this a major site or yet another hit-hungry site that thrives on fanwars? 

STARHAUS multi-SNS update 20150713 [something about the not-so-good weather in Seoul and wishing everyone a happy week]

005Rd6aigw1eu0vlwj8scj31kw11x78g.jpg

Our LeeMinHoBo's back! xiaoku_org.gif And now he's got his mask on BEFORE arriving Seoul m1729.gif

43f1fcfbjw1eu0z1g9z5hj20cm0qo76x.jpg

@Hydrogenic I hope you've figured out already that he went to Japan NOT for a concert but to promote Gangnam Blues that's slated to screen there starting July 17 (?) for two weeks.  A couple of special advance screenings were held for Minoz Japan yesterday and, just like what he did in Seoul earlier this year, he held short talks right before and, I believe, in-between the showings.

I hope we get to see fan accounts of yesterday's events.  I've seen a few on DC and Weibo but I dare not bring them here until they're properly translated.

NEWS VIDEO cr LMHHKFC

I just hearta_org.gif this series from SuperQueen (who traveled with him from Seoul to Tokyo and back to Seoul.....lucky girl!}.

005udKnYjw1eu033lrcbij32ti26ftzq.jpg

005udKnYjw1eu033giqpsj339v26l7wh.jpg005udKnYjw1eu03lsynqyj32nu26fqug.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 6

@gtLmh0622 Seriously? dizzya_org.gif Is this a major site or yet another hit-hungry site that thrives on fanwars? 

I never went to this site before, just found appeals for voting on Weibo and Baidu, but actually, fans in mainland China can not reach to the site except using VPN. You know Minoz' feeling if Minho loose "this" vote.

Edited by gtLmh0622
  • Like 2

A fan account from last night

cr 미노愛뒷북언니

On the first session, the movie started a little late and there were many fans who watched it for the first time, and therefore some of them seemed to be jolted.

After the movie ended, the MC greeted the fans and was about to bring Minho in.

The MC mulled over whether she will call him Minho or Jong-Dae for a moment, and decided to call him by the character's name. But she mulled over again whether she will call him Jong-Dae or Jong-Dae ssi...

I thought 'whatever you will call him, just bring him in ASAP!'

After all, she decided to call him Jong-Dae ssi. keke

Zinnia's comment

[Actually, I was quite surprised at the fan video clip shot in LAX when a fan called him just 'Lee Min Ho'. It felt quite rude to me. I felt that I'd like to ask then. Do you English speakers normally call your favorite star by his full name without an honorific like 'Mr' right in his face? Korean fans definitely call him 'Minho ssi' or 'Minho oppa' depending on the fan's age in front of him whatever we call him in the fan sites for example 'Mino' or 'Three-year-old Lee' jokingly. Therefore, it felt really odd and rude to me as a non English speaker.]

On the second session, she decided to call him Jong-Dae oppa from the beginning.

As the movie was a bit heavy, therefore the mood of fans also went down. However, the MC was mesmerized by Minho soon and the mood became upbeat.

Though belated by one month, we celebrated happy birthday for him.

The MC asked Minho what were the most memorable scenes for him. He chose the looking-in-the-family-photo-album scene and the mud fight scene.

He also asked the fans of the same question and many fans answered the birthday table scene.

The MC said "Please watch GB ten times!" in Japanese, and Minho repeated it. He was really cute. He said "Jukai Mitene!!" and his pronunciation 'ne' was so cute that I nearly fell down.

And he showed the fans a heart made by his fingers. The MC asked him if he didn't think the heart was too small, then he answered that it was small but full of love.

When the organizers played 'Thank You' briefly, the MC handed a mic to him and he sang along a little.

And the MC said the scene of revealing Minho's naked torso was edited out from the theater version but is included in the DVD. Then Minho joked that the fans will fast forward to that part and repeat it. keke

On the question of future plans, he answered that he will shoot the movie 'Bounty Hunters' and after that he will do a Korean drama series though unconfirmed yet.

He said that he likes meeting his fans directly through concerts but as an actor he also likes meeting fans through his acting projects. He said he wishes to meet with fans through acting projects often. At his remark, I thought please... so be it.

I definitely saw Minho, but why are my memories so scarce like this...

On the second session, Minho seemed to be enjoying himself and flipped his ankle incessantly. Wow.. the fans obsessed with his ankles nearly died...

The Japanese fans were also all eyes at his ankle...

Now the second screening ended and the lucky fans who will high-touch with him are lining up.

I've gotta go now!

• Like 8

From K-Pop Idols to Actors: The Many Faces of Korean Cosmetics

From K-Pop Idols to Actors: The Many Faces of Korean Cosmetics

In a country where beauty is a significant aspect of social life, it’s no wonder that the number of cosmetic brands is high. It’s even more amazing how every single large cosmetic company has a well-known celebrity endorser. We’ve seen the commercials and the posters, and their faces plastered on products, always with perfect skin, fierce liner, and seductive lips. And we have most definitely gotten confused about who is endorsing which brand. For those like me who is eternally mixing up which face goes on what brand, here is a comprehensive, current list.

Disclaimer: Each brand sometimes uses multiple celebrities, even for individual products. The celebrities I list here are those I found on official websites, official Youtube channels, and the most recent official commercials. Enjoy!

(skipped unrelated.....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u60bvzopvk

Innisfree: Girls’ Generation’s YoonA & Lee Min Ho

Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA has been the face of Innisfree since 2009; Lee Min Ho joined her in 2012. Since then, they’ve been doing cute things together, like this web drama called ‘Summer Love’ for the Summer Cushion line. They’re basically the ultimate pair for a cosmetic brand.

credit : soompi news

Zinnia's comment

[Actually, I was quite surprised at the fan video clip shot in LAX when a fan called him just 'Lee Min Ho'. It felt quite rude to me. I felt that I'd like to ask then. Do you English speakers normally call your favorite star by his full name without an honorific like 'Mr' right in his face? Korean fans definitely call him 'Minho ssi' or 'Minho oppa' depending on the fan's age in front of him whatever we call him in the fan sites for example 'Mino' or 'Three-year-old Lee' jokingly. Therefore, it felt really odd and rude to me as a non English speaker.]

Zinnia, that's totally because of the difference between the western and eastern culture. Last month, I saw the video of American high school graduation ceremony from my niece. All students went up to the stage to get the diploma, no one bowed to the teachers or principal when they got the diploma and a flower, they just shook hands. I was a little shocked and felt that was impolite. But, they are Americans, they don't have the culture for bowing.

And actually, if Chinese people call him "Minho", that's a friendly calling, usually we call our families (especially the elder call the junior) or friends/schoolmates/colleagues like that.
Sure because he is a Korean, we should follow Korean culture and call him "Minho ssi" or "Minho oppa".

Edited by gtLmh0622
  • Like 2