Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

[08.08.14][Diary] Dongwan: The Promise I Made to Myself Wannie, you will give us a perfect performance! Don't worry, we know it will be a great show! 

SDIM0181.jpg

5 weeks left to the concert.

But I went drinking after taking this photo.

Everyone gets nervous for any first attempts

Let alone having to complete it alone...

Not only me feeling like that..........

Many atheletes who participated in the Olympic Games have given me inspirations.

Judo contestant Lee Won-hee once said

Competitions are base on feelings,

Please anticipate the new concert! A concert full of feelings!

Credits: November21 + leslieana@ShinhwaChangjo

(Last line edited from original translation.)

Guest 80slitenite

His concert will be a full range of emotions. He's gonna have an awesome concert. Oppa have a lot more when you come back so I can go! hehe

[2008.08.08] Dongwan Gmarket Star Camp Review Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVO96xvQ-0M

[2008.08.08] Dongwan Gmarket Star Camp Review Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uRj27RT8qc

too cute

[080713] Dongwan being PROPOSED [sUBBED]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQi8Q0pLviQ

Guest Huggles_Jaewon

Also posted in the Minwoo forum~ if I could get tickets for one or the other~~ ;___;

Does anyone know how I can get tickets to the September 20th-21st concert? T____T I want to fly out to Korea specifically for both Dongwan and Minwoo's concerts but as far as Dongwan's concert goes, I think I needed an interpark ID but I can't get one. *sighhhh~~* I am really so desperate. Can anyone assist me? If anyone can, tip will be involved! (lol! I don't know what else to call it~ xD Tip sounds good) I just can't navigate this websites well or find anyone to get these tickets. Either of them. If you could help with either Dongwan's concert or Minwoo's, I would love you forever. ;___; I will bring you Shinhwa goodies that I find back for you as well! Anything you request - your wish is my command (except I can't bring either of them back to you ^___~ I don't know if they'd fit in my luggage!)

I really want to go support them at their concerts in September!! Can anyone help me?

Thank you for reading! I hope someone can help me~ or if you know somehow who can~ Send me a PM~~ Thanks so much!!

Shinhwa Forever!!~

Dong Wan looks so great these days <3 O____O;;;

Perfect man :D

[08.08.23][diary] Dongwan : Lee Eon.

Quote:이언.

그가 했던 생각들..

그가 듣던 음악들..

그가 남긴 글귀들이..

그의 죽음을 더 안타깝게 만든다.

조금더 오랫동안 그를 추모 했으면 좋겠다.. 

Lee Eon.

He was thinking about everyone else.

Music which he listened...

What his thoughts, what he listened and mentioned...

These things has made his death much unfortunate ...

I wish to cherish his memory for a longer time.

Credits : November21 + Shinhwa.biz

Translated by angelix @ Shinhwa.biz

Guest redevilica

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/cashewmania

[HQ] Come To Play (2008-08-25).avi [630.3MB]

Kim Dong Wan (Shinhwa), Moon Hee Jun (H.O.T), Eugene (S.E.S), Son Ho Young (g.o.d), Ok Ju Hyun (Finkl), Eun Ji Won, etc

~Past Idols Star Special~

File renamed to 'Go to Work' in cb :sweatingbullets: thanks.

Guest 80slitenite

[08.08.23][diary] DW: Lee Eon (alternate translation)

Lee Eon.

The thoughts you had..

The music you listened to..

The things you left behind..

They make your death even a greater loss.

I would like to see your death remembered for a bit longer..

source: november21.co.kr

translation: HappyHeart7@shinhwa.biz

[2008.08.27]A,r,i,r,a,n,g,T,v Kim Dongwan's Showcase [Eng]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO5sp0houAs

[2008.08.27]김동완 - 남자의 사랑 + 비밀 Perf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhwUrVaxI8

HQ caps from that performance

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=472723346

[2008.08.25]Dongwan & Grasshopper Wild Eyes Dance Cut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWY-E4jWiY0

His hair was really cute at the Come to Play special^^

Guest 80slitenite

[08.08.31][trans] Kim Dongwan's first time in 10 years

As a member of the longest-running idol group Shinhwa for the past 10 years,

Kim Dongwan, who has the most flattering adjectives used on him, says this.

Although nothing is certain, but I will stick to my beliefs.

We were in such a hurry during the showcase in July that we couldn't talk, and when we met for the second time we only had a short chat about things I can't remember anymore. This is the 3rd time we're meeting, and somehow it's a little awkward as I press the red record button on the recording machine. Kim Dongwan, who isn't really concerned about whether or not I record what he says, tells me that he had a good night's sleep after having a cup of Italian coffee, and flashes that bright smile of his. It's the smile of the Kim Dongwan style, that demonstrates his clear and brave approach to his life.

The Psychology of Thirty

"Cool is a feeling that you emit subconsciously. But the key is having the right people to give that feeling to. I would say that modern people who strive to be cool are really quite pitiful. I'm not criticising the concept of cool itself, but I don't think there's a need to have to strive to be cool. Especially when you head into your 30s."

Kim Dongwan has been reading Kim Hye Nam's "The Psychology of Thirty". Although all along he has been active first as a Shinhwa member, then as a solo singer, Kim Dongwan - who still gets embarrassed by the look he sported for his debut - has already been in showbiz for a decade and will be stepping into his 30s.

"Somehow 30 seems more like 24 for me. When the regular university student graduates, they head into the mad rush for jobs. I was really behaving more like 20-year-olds for the past few years. Now that I'm heading into my 30s, my friends joke around and start to call me ajosshi."

But he admits that the ajosshi image is a useful tool for him too.

"From oppa to ajosshi, it looks like the ajosshi image isn't too bad. There are many artistes who sport the princely image, and artistes like me who have the more approachable, man-on-the-street image are quite rare. In any case, I look like the man on the street, but I still think like an artiste because my 20s was spent very comfortably. That's why I'm looking forward to serving my military service as a public service officer, then I can take the subway and the bus, just like regular folks do."

I Have Secrets

When talking about his showcase, he says "The director of my management company has a huge network of contacts, that's why everyone came. He's given me a lot of opportunities and unconditional help. He's completely different from me."

"To put it nicely, it's called being diplomatic. To be more blunt, it's called two-face (laughs). Because I'm the only son, I don't really like interacting with people much. Some might say it's a defence mechanism, for me it's just having reservations. But eventually I do reach a stage where I let down my defences and open up my heart and become the approachable village ajosshi. Looks like I haven't grew out of my childhood mentality. (laughs) If it's not genuine I won't want to do it. So I belong to the type of person who can feel the views of the fans."

Standing at the summit, in the spotlight, taking in the cheers and applause from the audience, this veteran continues.

"I've been in rather high spirits recently. I shouldn't be liking Japan so much, but for me I like the Japanese appreciate the old and ancient objects. They feel that there is a spirit in everything, so everything is precious, and they would take care of their things dearly. I really like that, it seems to be telling everyone the value that things accumulate with time."

He then talks about the movie he watched not too long ago, Summer Days With Coo (Kappa No Coo To Natsuyasumi).

"Coo is a kappa (river elf) that has come to the city to look for the arm of his late father who was killed by a samurai. Before he jumped into the river he said, "To the gods of this land. Please allow me to temporarily live here on this land. Please allow me to be able to fish in this river while I'm alive." I was really touched by that scene. I became more thankful for the things in life."

Now when Kim Dongwan rides his motorcycle on the hills, he would say "To the gods of the hills, I'm sorry for making the hills so noisy." It's easy to see his character of hiding his reservations about people and drawing a clear line between work and private life.

He Can Still Shine Alone

If you think that Kim Dongwan can't let of the past 10 years which have been nothing short of splendid, just becuase he treasures all things old, you are wrong. "There were times when I used to think that no matter if it's right or wrong, as long as the fans like it, that's an improvement." Now he hopes that the people who attend his first solo concert are not fans of Shinhwa, but fans of Kim Dongwan instead. These are the aspirations he has for Kim Dongwan the solo artiste.

"Singers seem to be born, not made. As an actor, the director and the writers can help somehow, but a singer only has his own talents, voice and expressions to perform his song for that 4 minutes on stage."

"Although we have our management companies, and the producers, I want to go back to basics. Big Bang write their own songs too, don't they? I wasn't born with many attributes that a singer should have, but I do seem to have some natural qualities of a performer. My ability to adapt to the moment seems to be pretty good, even I'm surprised sometimes."

Scheduled to enlist in the 4th quarter of the year, he plans to make his comeback as an actor after he finishes with military service. While being active with Shinhwa, he had previously starred in the movie Spin Kick, the dramas, Children of Heaven; Goodbye Sadness; and The Person I Love.

"I do feel the significance of Shinhwa members being together, and the power that comes from it. But I still wanted to try stepping out by myself. It's every actor's dream to have all the spotlight all on himself. Acting itself is something that possesses its own charm, it doesn't matter if you're the main lead or one of the supporting characters, you can still shine from where you are."

Kim Dongwan says that once he has achieved a certain level as an actor, he will then be able to make music that he wants. Reactions from some fans who like Shinhwa's 9th album and the members' solo albums were mainly of surprise when they heard his 2nd solo album. Kim Dongwan, who is still searching for his own niche in music, says that "there are songs on the solo album that I don't like too."

His First Solo Concert

In September, Kim Dongwan will be holding his first ever solo concert in his 10 year career. Although he has been part of countless concerts before, it's still more nervewrecking to be performing his own music and telling his own stories.

"I don't think I've felt this way with Shinhwa before. It's definitely possible to be in a bad condition suddenly while being on stage alone. That's why I feel that I really need to put in a lot of effort, but at the same time I'm a little afraid."

Kim Dongwan stubbornly zooms in on every detail to make sure things move smoothly. Rather to say that he's nervous about his concert, perhaps we could say that he's feeling emotional and telling himself to be more confident.

"During Shinhwa's performances, we often encountered problems with the sound, which is really important. I've paid extra attention to breathing and voice this time round. And the segments that mimic a radio program. It's not just pure talk, but more of telling stories and getting them on stage to chat with them. Interaction is the main theme of the concert this time."

The fans will be able to hear music that Kim Dongwan likes. "The focus will shift with the music, and there might be a situation where the music I enjoy is different from what the fans enjoy." You could sense a tinge of worry through his words, but it's clear that he will present the perfect stage for his first concert, which will also be his last before enlisting for military duty.

"I think by then I will be able to have more control over my time. Not too long ago someone told me that I should make use of my time during military service to live my life the way I want to, then present a whole new side of me after that. I think my experience will become a form of power for me."

At the end of the interview, Kim Dongwan says "I'd like to live a more mosshike (this word usually means handsome/cool, but in this context I would think it means interesting) life from now on." Most people who've met Kim Dongwan knows that he often uses this word. Even if Kim Dongwan feels that his past 10 years haven't been interesting enough, there are still many people who will tell him otherwise.

Source: interpark & yoenin

Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

http://www.playdb.co.kr/magazine/magazine_...e=left_magazine

Guest 80slitenite

SuperJunior, Jewelry, Wonder Girls, Brown Eyed Girls, SNSD, Shinhwa Come Together for Lee Bul’s MV

cred Coolsmurf.wordpress.com

0986bb3d24c2efd414b3c11c2d201f90.jpg

It was announced today that one member each from popular groups like SuperJunior, Jewelry, Wonder Girls, SNSD, Brown Eyed Girls and Shinhwa will come together for new singer, Lee Bul in a series of promotional clips plus the actual music video which caught the attention of many which is expected.

Mnet Media revealed today that Park Jung Ah (Jewelry), Sun Ye (Wonder Girls), Tae Yeon (SNSD), Ga-in (Brown Eyed Girls), Kim Dong Wan (Shinhwa) and Shin Dong (SuperJunior) had done a good job for the crying scenes.

Mnet Media expressed, “The MV concept for this was set as Park Jung Ah (Missing), Kim Dong Wan (Hurt), Ga-in (Remembrance), Tae Yeon (Sadness), Sun Ye (Promise), etc with different feelings for each scene setting. They all did a marvellous job for the crying scenes and the four girls were so emotional that they couldn’t stop crying even after the cameras had stopped rolling.”

The teaser will be released on 1st September online, television and movie theatres while the official music video will be released on 10th September.

HERE'S THE TEASER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFZLzW-GdZg

Wow Wannie. Very powerful

Guest 80slitenite

ahh this thread has seen better days. lol

[08.09.01][news] The battle between members in idol groups revealed on Norowa

20080901104307.397.0.jpg

Shinhwa member and solo singer Kim Dongwan shared an interesting incident that took place among the Shinhwa members, where they vied for the centre spot on stage during performances. He shared this with the other guests on the upcoming episode of Norowa, which will be telecast on 1 Sep.

"All the members wanted to stand in the centre at some point or another. Because Minwoo could sing well, dance well, and he choreographed our dances, he always stood in the centre. But I wanted that spot too."

"So one day Eric said to Minwoo, "You're always standing in the centre, why don't you let me have that spot for a change?" And Eric got himself the centre spot, while I stayed put in my spot at the side. I've still feeling upset about the performances we did during that album."

However, Kim Dongwan had his wish granted when he finally got himself the centre spot for the song Wedding.

Ok Ju Hyun also disclosed how Fin.K.L members vied for clothes and stylists, while Moon Hee Jun shared some tips on how to stand out from the rest of the group.

Source: newsen

Chi trans: wangshu_1115@shinhwayeah.com

I gotta say that Dongwan's acting skill is excellent in that teaser....

Thanks for the article, hopefully someones translated his parts or sub the show

I hope so too. I started liking Kpop in that era of HOT, SES, SHINHWA, GOD, FinKL oh and 6kies! I've been looking for the subs everywhere!

I'll probably watch it even without the subs.

Guest 80slitenite

^

Hopefully there will be subs, but I recommend watching it anyway. I didn't understand much, but I still enjoyed it.^^

Dongwan's schedule for the first 2 weeks of Sept.

9월 5일 금요일

22시~ R 별이 빛나는 밤에 생방송 (일일mc)

9월 7일 일요일

15시 30분~ sbs 생방송 인기가요 (500회특집)

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/resource/template...vMenuId=1004342

9월 10일 수요일

19시 30분~ 윤도현의 러브레터 녹화

(방청에 참여하고자 하시는 분들은 아래의 주소를 누르셔서 방청권 신청을 해주세요~)

http://www.kbs.co.kr/2tv/enter/yoonlovelet...cket/index.html

밤 12시 30분 sbs 김정은의 초콜릿 방송

9월 12일 금요일

12시 15분 윤도현의 러브레터 방송

출처 : h2싸이타운

From H@ & Ocean's Six

Kim Dong Wan's Schedule for the first 2 weeks of September.

Friday, 9/5

22:00 MC at the Star Night Radio Show

http://www.imbc.com/broad/radio/fm/starnight/

Sunday, 9/7

15:30 SBS Live Inkigayo

Tuesday, 9/10

19:30 (recording) Yoon Do Hyun's Love Letter

12:30(night) (recording) Kim Jung Eun's Chocolate Show

Friday, 9/12

12:15 (broadcast) Yoon Do Hyun's Love Letter

credit: H2 and oceans-six.com

translator: HappyHeart@shinhwa.biz

I can't wait to see him on YDH's Loveletter especially!

Guest jangneri

Such a long time since I last been here. Dongwan's been awfully quiet lately, preparing for his concert.

Here's a scan from Dongwan featured in Cool Mag:

2bvf8vj6vb9.jpg

credits to: shinhwachangjo.net

Isn't he gorgeous? Even with the thick black eyeliner and pink lips. :D I guess Dongwan's never going to give up his black eyeliner. ahahahaha. I actually love the shade of pink he used, I wonder what brand and color it is... I want to buy one for myself. ahahahahaha.

I'm so excited with the Yoon Do Hyun's Loveletter performance. And here I thought, he wasn't planning to perform there. Any album promotion is not complete for me unless an artists perform in Love Letter. :D And Kim Eun Jung's Chocolate! Yey. I wonder if they will reminisce on their time together during Love Letter Season 1~ ahahahaha~

^omo! that pic of wannie. hahaha! it was just awesome. he is so goodlooking!

oh. it's been ages since i've been here. but yeah. i always keep myself updated anything with wannie. i just saw his part on lee bul's mv. and my oh my. i was really moved by his acting skills! i really felt the sadness and pain he's portraying. wannie is really such a good actor. and im really excited to see him in a new drama before he enlist in the army.

Guest 80slitenite

TT___________TT Knowing Wannie I think he'd might want to keep his official date under low profile. He ain't gonna want a whole parade. Sigh. He'll be back soon...

[08.09.05][news] Kim Dongwan may enlist for military service ahead of Eric

Shinhwa's Kim Dongwan may be enlisting for military service at the end of September, ahead of Eric who will be enlisting on 9 Oct.

Kim Dongwan is expected to enter the Nonsan Training Center at the end of September or early October. A source said, "Kim Dongwan has decided to enlist at the end of September, ahead of Eric."

Kim Dongwan will receive 5 weeks of mandatory military training, before being transferred to Seoul to fulfil his duty in the civil service.

On the other hand, Eric is confirmed to be entering the Nonsan Training Center on 9 Oct, and will also be receiving 5 weeks of mandatory military training before fulfilling his duty in the civil service.

Their impending enlistment means that Shinhwa's group activities will now officially be put on hold. It's not certain when they will able to return to the K-pop scene as a group. Fellow members Junjin, Lee Minwoo, Shin Hyesung and Andy are currently active as solo singers.

Eric and Kim Dongwan will be making guest appearances at Junjin's solo concert held over 5th and 6th September.

Eric's management company said, "Eric is currently taking a break and conditioning his health before he reports at the Nonsan Training Center on 9 Oct." Eric has been reclassified as a civil service officer after suffering injuries on the set of the drama Wolf in 2006.

Source: newsen

Chi trans: 凌晓晓@bestshinhwa

Maybe these pics will brighten ur day after that sad article.^^

PB likes to shrink so for actual size http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=475352991

1f4aa73e3cdc772c71cf6c21.jpg

eb32c1b3529b13bed8335a58.jpg

17ba3cd3cad540c6a8ec9a13.jpg

3675a322e0ea71bd4723e87a.jpg

4c717d1bcf46aa008618bff1.jpg

7f18cc08e2395bc863d9862f.jpg

92725eef7709f6f6cf1b3e28.jpg

ac500695b0bbfc52d0135e11.jpg

b9dca281a1c648c1bd3e1e2d.jpg

bd9f0dce8262ad1a93457e78.jpg

bfe3ab38d37ac03a96ddd84f.jpg

c532361907006463dab4bdf2.jpg

d37d66d3d4e4102d960a161c.jpg

ea5e36dce8bdebb8cc11665e.jpg

Hello!! This is my first time posting in this thread.

I've been a silent reader all this while.

The new pictures of Dongwan, OMG!! He looks so hot. He looks good with eyeliners. LOL

Dongwan is going to enlist first?NOOO!! Two members would be gone.

I'm already missing him. Good luck to him!!

I have a question. Will he be doing desk duties or will he be serving his mandatory army service on the field (? is that how you put it??) ?

Oh. I also heard that news. I feel so devastated. I was sad when I read that eric will enlist this october. I was thinking that wannie will enlist after him. But then, wannie will enlist even before eric would! And they weren't telling us the exact date yet. huhuhuhu. I'm gonna miss wannie so much. But then, I know that he'll be back soon.

and oh, the pics were awesome! It somehow lessen my sadness. hehe.

gorgeous pictures! sad news *sigh*

i've been down about a couple of artists leaving for the army b4, but with Shinhwa it's just depressing :(

and with DongWan heartbreaking :tears: