In Dancing: Who's Better?

Colorful

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ohhreallynow

1. Stephanie....I picked her not because I'm a fan (it's true) but because I never have once seen BoA freestyle.....the day when BoA freestyles that's the day I'll think things over

2. KilGun....click her by accident but my vote goes to Ivy

3. Hye Bin....Chae Young's dancing is over-rated...seriously.....I don't know why people call her a dancing queen.....Hye Bin is much better

Guest xyunaxfantasiesx

1. BoA, just because she have not free styled does not make her dancing ability more and less good. She executes the routine well, just because she didn't make it doesn't make her a lower level dancer.

Free styling to me just shows that the artist have the creativity and ability to produce dance moves but in my opinion, what matters is how you execute the moves not whether you made it or not. To better explain, I will give you an analogy--drawing.

Analogy for Free styling: I draw a portrait. It's my creation, didn't look at any reference to produce the image, BUT my drawing lacks techniques and proper textures. Compare this to a person who draws using a reference but produce almost an exact mirror image of the reference with each texture, shade, lighting, and composition exceptionally executed. (analogy for Choreographed dancing)

Which is better? :rolleyes:

Though this is not to say that Stephanie suck at free stlying but just to say that free styling doesn't always make a person a better or worse dancer and that a person's dancing ability should not be relied on it. Stephanie is a great dancer but she is too repetitive. What good is free styling if you keep using the same moves over and over.

2. Not applicable because I am not familiar with either but I prefer Ivy.

3. Jeon Hye Bin, she has more charisma and is more powerful on the stage in my opinion.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

-- BoA (Stephanie got alot of training, including ballet)

-- Ivy

-- Jeon Hye Bin

n how old was boa when she joined sm n started TRAINING?

there was even picturs of her when she was doing ballet during the training.

for me stephanie is more talent~

but still base on the video:

boa

ivy

bin

Guest kayem7289

I love my girl BoA, but like most people have stated, I have never seen her freestyles before.

I'm pretty sure she'd rock as well, but since only Stephanie can prove it, I picked her.

I voted for Ivy on this one, mainly because I have not seen enough Kil Gun, and that dance didn't really prove anything other than that she could drop it low. She's good, but I need to see something better.

Even though I'm a big fan of Chae Yeon, her dancing has never been that great to me. She dances better than the average person, but she's so stiff! Her legs barely move when she's performing. She doesn't have the powerful dancing style that Jeon Hye Bin has, therefore, I didn't vote for her.

Guest trinity1418

Alrighty, Boa and Stephanie...thats a tough one. Boa is such a good dancer but seeing Stephanie doing ballet and stuff is pretty impressive! I like Boa better but when it comes to strictly dancing, Stephanie is probably a tad better or at least more versatile.

I chose Kilgun all the way! The video posted does not do her justice at all and there aren't any on youtube anymore! I used to have one of her saved under my favorites on youtube when I was first introduced to her and she was sooooooooo good but its not there anymore! It was a dance battle between her and Shim Eun Jun and Kilgun totally rocked! She is definitely underrated.

I am not really fan of either Chae Yeon or Hye Bin but I so have to give it to Hye Bin. Sorry to Chae Yeon fans but she can't really dance. Yes, she can move her body sexily and all that but when it comes to choreographed moves, she is kinda stiff and not natural. Hye Bin can actually dance, she surprised me and I gotta give her props.

Guest loving_D

1. BoA - i think stephanie's a really powerful and great dancer, but I think when I saw BoA dance once (like for her mv), I said, "wow, that's amazing, how does she do it?" i think stephanie's more powerful, but I like BoA's style better.

2. Ivy - Ever since I saw her star battle performance on Xman, I've said that Ivy is the new dancing queen. she's so good and what's even better is that she can sing too!

3. Bin - I had trouble with this one. Overall, they're pretty much the same to me. I've always liked CY more, but I don't think I can say her dancing is better. CY is the queen of sexy dancing, but not overall dancing. Hyebin is powerful with her moves (i can never forget her sexy back dance on heroine 6) while CY is more about the sexy looking moves and stuff.

1. BoA, just because she have not free styled does not make her dancing ability more and less good. She executes the routine well, just because she didn't make it doesn't make her a lower level dancer.

Free styling to me just shows that the artist have the creativity and ability to produce dance moves but in my opinion, what matters is how you execute the moves not whether you made it or not. To better explain, I will give you an analogy--drawing.

Analogy for Free styling: I draw a portrait. It's my creation, didn't look at any reference to produce the image, BUT my drawing lacks techniques and proper textures. Compare this to a person who draws using a reference but produce almost an exact mirror image of the reference with each texture, shade, lighting, and composition exceptionally executed. (analogy for Choreographed dancing)

Which is better? :rolleyes:

Though this is not to say that Stephanie suck at freest lying but just to say that free styling doesn't always make a person a better or worse dancer and that a person's dancing ability should not be relied on it. Stephanie is a great dancer but she is too repetitive. What good is free styling if you keep using the same moves over and over.

n how old was boa when she joined sm n started TRAINING?

there was even picturs of her when she was doing ballet during the training.

for me stephanie is more talent~

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I really hate those people who say BoA cannot freestyle. Plus we havent even SEEN BoA freestyle since what 13 years old? And I am not being biased here, Stephanie can dance but even though BoA started at a young age well Stephanie too started ballet for what 11 freaking years + training at SM! Thats alot.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

Stephanie: I think steph is an overall better dancer than boa. sure, they're both good, but have you guys seen steph dance ballet? plus didn't she get into this boston dance academy w/ a scholarship. boa is a good dancer, but there is no way she's a better "dancer" (not just hiphop) then steph.

kilgun: she used to be a choreographer.. Ivy is good, but I think kilgun is more impressive

Bin: bin's better. period.

Guest Yumi -

Stephanie: i'll be honest. i love Boa, but when it comes to freestyle etc, Stephanie looks more comfortable with it, and gets the mood and excitement on. Boa on the other hand, ROCKS THE STAGE WITH her dances. no joke, she's one of the most perfect and coordinated dancers i've ever seen. they're both talented in different ways. But when just overall dancing is asked, i think...probably stephanie.

IVY

CHAEYEON

Guest Izzie

I say none of them are good dancers

.. then who is?

GilGun was a choreographer & a dance teacher before she was a singer, and Stephanie was scouted into dancing groups earlier as well.

If you dont' consider these people to be good dancers, then who is?

Guest darkanqelxp

BoA

Ivy

Chae Yeon

i think BoA is a better dancer...i mean if she can dance choreographed so well...that means regardless if its choreograph or not she CAN DANCE

Guest V-ni@star

it's hard for me to choose between boa n stephanie. but i choose boa. why??

becos for me i love the way boa dance she show us her power n dance technique better than stephanie. boa dance witha neat choreagraphy than stephanie for me stephanie dance a little bit messy. sorry

between ivy n kilgun... ivy is so much better

jeon hye bin is better than chae youn she dance really well

.. then who is?

GilGun was a choreographer & a dance teacher before she was a singer, and Stephanie was scouted into dancing groups earlier as well.

If you dont' consider these people to be good dancers, then who is?

Well the person whom I think is a good k-pop female and the only k-pop female dancer so far is not listed and she has not debuted yet.

So I will refrain from mentioning her name.

Guest lhdn1994

Boa Vs. Stephanie

I got to choose Stephanie even though i love boa to death XD

Stephanie it seems like she can do more variety of dances more than Boa does, i usually see Boa doing pop-ish kind of moves while i see Stephanie does ballet,hip-hop,pop all kind of styles

Ivy VS. Gilgun

Never heard much about them but after watching the vids i got to pick Ivy her moves are really good even though its choregraphed. Gilgun moves to me are too over the top.

Jeon Hye Bin VS. Chaeyeon

I think this was kinf of easy. I love the both of them byt Jeaon Hye Bin got my vote she can dance! and i mean it. even though its a bit "sexy" but when she breaks it down. no one can beat her XD

Archived