Ganji Fashion.

Guest kimseo

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest IlikeChicken

You guys, Ganji isn't a specific style. Ppl have already said this. It's not exactly big shirts, baggy pants, nike dunks, and hats. Ganji means to be stylish and so soompi though Jessica was the most stylish so ppl did not vote for her because they didn't know what ganji is. -_-;

Thats what I was thinking in the first place

Maybe the People HERE dont KNOW what ganji is loll :mellow:..Maybe the style the main poster posted was stuck as 'ganji' in their head. Whatever.

I don't think you guys should get too mad.

It's probably because a lot of Soompiers simply don't know what Ganji style is, and the majority here are into "fob" fashion so of course they're just gonna pick the person with something to THEIR taste.

I'm kinda irked too though :X hopefully next round is better XD

Why didn't the people who usually post in here join the Ganji round!? =p ^^

Guest x sarah

I think Ganji Fashion is hot.

Especially on the guys.

I wish I could pull off something like that. :(

I'm pretty much girly and don't know how to put together a Ganji outfit.

I definitely want to try though.

My non-asian friend wore her boyfriend's pants to school a couple times and it looked good on her.

Guest deportedkorean

You guys, Ganji isn't a specific style. Ppl have already said this. It's not exactly big shirts, baggy pants, nike dunks, and hats. Ganji means to be stylish and so soompi though Jessica was the most stylish so ppl did not vote for her because they didn't know what ganji is. -_-;

if it isnt a specific style, then why did the contest maker make it as one?? I think it was a mistake then to make it a "category".

Even this topic poster said that it's mosty "big shirts, baggy pants, nike dunks, and hats"...so i guess thats what the confused people were more about.

on top of it, imo, some of the girls dont even look like they're wearing "street" clothes, they just slapped on a hat or converse shoes with a diff style of clothes.

edit: i dont think only 2 of the girls looked like the typical "ganji", i think a few of them did, but those two (we all know who we're talking about) looks the most cute in them and wore it best.

Guest UHLEEYUHX3

haha this is a random question.

butt does anyon know where i can get the shirt taht says UNF.U.CK thE THE WORLD?

if your sellling please pm me [:

Guest sushiwhore

i love this fashion i may consider changin it to it @_@ my friend dresses like this and i like her clothes T_T

so i want ot try

Guest keirasketch

Oh yea, sure it means to be stylish or whatever.

So then you can say "OOO DANG, YOU LOOK SO GANJI, Y0" to someone wearing formal clothes if it's super stylish? If they are wearing punker clothes? I don't think so.

GANJI in this contest actually meant that certain style as shown in the pictures people posted in this thread or the example pictures in the style contest thread.

Like someone said above, they should put this specific category on hold or delay and accept more contestants.

Guest I <3 SUNGMIN

Yeah, ganji doesn't mean hiphop, bigshirt, big shorts or anything.

gangi means like 'muhshisuh' (in korean translation)

aka

nicely dressed, hott, cool, etc, somewhere around those words.

haha

Guest KissMe-ImContagious

here in soompi the sterotyped ganji is the huge shoes with brand names like nike and addidas, but it can really include street fashion in general. i went to see what all the comotion was about with the soompi style contest, but i think her outfit fit under the category of gangi pretty well.

^ but thats it

Its not the sterotypical

this is the stlye of Ganji

IF ganji just means to be stlyish

then how did it become a topic for the contest

If u call ganji not a style

then i guess fob isn't a stlye

Since after all it is the same thing

?

right

but thats the thing is distinct from the other styles

if u compare this to the streetwear here

in america its no where close

its like saying

that every streetwhere all around the world is the same

which isn't.

Guest Justalilodreamer

isnt it pretty obvious what the contest starter was referring to though? she had pictures of THIS type of ganji style in her examples. i dont think it matters what ganji means in literal term, its still categorized as the style thats posted on this thread. like the term 'fobstyle'...anything can be considered as FOB style but people still categorize, no?

++edited

okay my post was a bit confusing. instead of using the fobstyle term i use 'prep style' as an example.

prep style clothes is supposed to be

(credits to wiki)

Fashion-wise, the term "preppy" is associated not with dramatic designer fashions, but with classic and conservative clothing and accessory brands such as Lacoste, Brooks Brothers, Burberry, J.Crew, J. Press, Polo Ralph Lauren, Vineyard Vines, Tod's, Lyle & Scott, C&J Clark, Barbour, Izod, L.L. Bean, Sperry Top-Sider, Vera Bradley, Lilly Pulitzer, and Patagonia. An example of preppy attire would be a button-down Oxford cloth shirt, cuffed khakis, and cordovan loafers.

but people who wear hollister, abercrombie, ae are labeled as a prep although it isnt prep style. same with ganji, it means hip/cool or whatever, but people still label it as the style posted in this thread

Exactly

iF u see the picture she posted to represent

Ganji

She used pictures from Korea

Which obviously meant the korean style of Ganji

If anyone really has any quetions or anything of this

u can always reach me on msn

or if u really want to fight about

what ganji is -__-;;

here i'll post an older pic of me

this is what i thought was ganji then

but now that i really look at it

it doesn't really look that ganji

l_c636833b2ce44791ad376c40fd6280-1.jpg

Guest touche`

I find this style sort of like casual looking? it looks like girls are wearing big shits, punk shoe with shorts to mix it up. I think it is cute though.

Guest kipling

Geez, I dress like this everyday (camera included). Never knew it had a name. But I actually carry my cameras around because I'm a hobby photographer, not for a fashion statement. Love this though! Thanks for the info.

Yea but..I'm really confused what you guys are all ranting about..Jessica's stuff was pretty ganji to me, well.."Japanese ganji", whatever you guys wanna call it.

The contest never said "Korean ganji" o_0 (Maybe it was a mistake to have a 'ganji' category in the first place)

Look at the examples on the style contest before you say anything.

isnt it pretty obvious what the contest starter was referring to though? she had pictures of THIS type of ganji style in her examples. i dont think it matters what ganji means in literal term, its still categorized as the style thats posted on this thread. like the term 'fobstyle'...anything can be considered as FOB style but people still categorize, no?

^

^ya but then any style could pass for being "ganji" lol T_____T ...

Yeah. It's a specific style like the thread creator said~

I suppose that we should end the ranting and debating, because all of us have different opinions. If you are disappointed with the style contest, PM the contest starter/owner or whatever. I don't really wwant this thread to be closed because we're not exactly discussing Ganji Fashion. We all hold strong to our opinions, and I know that I contributed to the debate as well, but we should end it here ^^

Lets use our posts wisely~

@kurosakineko

I think your outfit is pretty Ganji, just maybe not too much the top.

& if you have complaints about the style contest, follow kurosakineko's example and contact the contest starter.

EDIT:

I feel bad now because juhjuhjuhjessica had to withdraw. But I think her outfit would absolutely win in the other categories, after all it is adorable.

Voting Rules.

+ Soompi allows 1 vote for member (: so choose wisely

+ No BASHING!

+ it's not a popularity contest! please vote according to 'STYLE'

+ HAVE FUN!

:I

Archived