Whistle!

cutiek028

Soccer manga by Daisuke Higuchiimage

Whistle! is about a boy named Shō Kazamatsuri. He transfers from Musashinomori School to Sakura Josui Junior High School for better hopes to make the soccer team, since he never got a game at his old school due to his small stature. Yūko Katori, his teacher, introduces him as a former star of the famed Musashinomori team, causing his classmates to be wrongly ecstatic. Right after that, one of the players, Tatsuya Mizuno, reveals that he was never a regular. In other words, since he never got the chance to play, Shō is a poor player. Shō struggles to improve his skill so he can make the team at his new school and to ignore the drastic disadvantage he has due to his height.
Volumes: 24 (Complete) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1224Published by: VizAnime Episodes: 39

I love this manga! It's awesome! I also saw the anime! The character interaction is GREAT! They're is a big cast of characters and you'll seriously will fall in love with them all! The main character Sho has alot of determination and he just makes the story awesome!

My favorite is Shigeki! He's to die for!! >__< lol

So yes! Give it a try! The first two volumes can be found at the evil empire and some of volume 3 as well. My public library luckily has almost all the volumes and orders the rest as they get released. But I definitely plan to buy this manga when I'm older! I saw the anime on YouTube!

Here's a picture of my favorites!!

More pictures

^ It's a guy!

Guest TrainDriver

ahh yes i've read first 6 volumes of it, very entertaining :D too bad no one uplaods translated scans.

Guest dumpyfledgling

I started reading the manga and then switched to watching the anime instead. I thought it was a good watch.

My favorites: Fuwa (goalie), Shigeki (temp goalie/ace), and the ace striker for the one really popular school (I forgot his name)

Guest ~fantasygurl~

i keep seeing this in the shonen and i always thought about to read it sometimes ^^

it look really interesting too ^^

I started reading the manga and then switched to watching the anime instead. I thought it was a good watch.

My favorites: Fuwa (goalie), Shigeki (temp goalie/ace), and the ace striker for the one really popular school (I forgot his name)

His name is Seiji Fujishiro from Musashinomori! Yep! He's awesome and so cute! He had a mole! >_< lol

They are all so COOL!

Volume_7_-_Step_By_Step.jpg

Guest TrainDriver

if any1 finds any group doing english scans, plz post link. i know one group started it but never went past the beginning volumes or so.

if any1 finds any group doing english scans, plz post link. i know one group started it but never went past the beginning volumes or so.

have you tried getting the manga from your library system? That's where mine come from. I just got vol 11.

Me too me too! I feel so lucky! I would never survive without my public library system! =D

they used to have hardly any--but I think there's been a lot of requests in the past few years--and at least now they buy whole series instead of a book here and there. I know I'm not the only one that bugged them for it. lol Without them--I wouldn't have been able to read 3/4 of the manga/manhwa I do---unless I spent every second of my life in a bookstore reading everything I want --cover to cover. ><

I like Sho, of course...Shige after him. Tatsuya too. And Sho's brother isn't bad so far. (At least the main girls--Yuki--and the teacher--aren't annoying. Yuki is a pretty good character.)

nup, my library doesn't stock manga. libraries suck here.

some libraries do interlibrary loans, too (?). I've looked around to see if I could find anything--I've only found a couple of irc channels--don't know if those are any good to you. Here's one anyway, just in case-- (I don't use it) http://www.aku-tenshi.com/ and there's Manga PLUS, too (--they have up to chapter 14--but you do have to pay to download. It's only $8.00 a month US, though. )

http://www.narutofan.com/manga.php

Guest TrainDriver

^thanks, but i already own the first 5 volumes. i need the later ones :) oh well, one day i'll just buy it i suppose.

Guest Spirit_Detective_Luc

i like it read 9 or 10 volumes but i dont likre the english translations they sound a bit cornyh

• 3 months later...

^oh wow, nice find. all the manga sites i've been to don't have whistle. whistle ends at volume 21 or 22 right?

24 volumes! I've read up to 16! Only 8 more to go! I can't wait till the manga surpasses the anime so I can see what happens! =)

• 2 weeks later...

To those who were looking for more Whistle! manga, the evil empire has up to Volume 13!

http://the-evil-empire.net/index.php?

If you are confused on how to find the manga, ask me! =)

VOLUME 13! YAAAY!

Now it's up to VOLUME 15

WoW! I can't wait till they get to Volume 17 and if they do all 24 volumes I'll be ecstatic! YAY!

Enjoy~~~~

• 1 month later...

Archived