Korean celebrities attending the VIP premiere for the Korean movie "Train to Busan"

photo747878.jpg

Kim Soo-hyeon

photo747891.jpg

T-ara Hyomin and Q-ri

photo747890.jpg

Kang Ye-won

photo747889.jpg

Moon Jeong-hee

photo747888.jpg

Jeon Hye-bin

photo747887.jpg

Seo Ye-ji

photo747886.jpg

Yoo Yeon-seok

photo747885.jpg

UEE

photo747884.jpg

Kyeong Soo-jin

photo747883.jpg

Yoo In-yeong

photo747882.jpg

Park Seong-woong

photo747881.jpg

Girls' Generation Sunny

photo747880.jpg

Kim Sae-ron

photo747879.jpg

Hwang Seung-eon

photo747877.jpg

Chae Jeong-an

photo747876.jpg

Singer Park Bo-ram

photo747875.jpg

Soy

photo747874.jpg

Song Ha-yoon

photo747873.jpg

Suzy

photo747872.jpg

Fujita Sayuri

photo747871.jpg

Jeong Seok-won

photo747870.jpg

Sim Eun-kyeong

photo747869.jpg

Park Byeong-eun

photo747868.jpg

L.Joe

photo747867.jpg

Oh Jeong-se

photo747866.jpg

Seong Joon

photo747865.jpg

Park Seo-joon

photo747864.jpg

Lee Dong-wook

photo747863.jpg

Park Hee-soon

photo747862.jpg

David McInnis

photo747861.jpg

Jeong Hye-seong

photo747860.jpg

Model Lee Hyun-yi

photo747859.jpg

Ye Jung-hwa

photo747858.jpg

Lee Cheon-hee

photo747857.jpg

Park Min-woo

photo747856.jpg

Lee Joo-yeon

photo747855.jpg

Yang Ji-won

photo747854.jpg

Lee Mi-so

photo747853.jpg

Kim Seon-ah

photo747852.jpg

Rainbow No Eul, Hyunyoung, Oh Seung-ah and Yoonhye

photo747851.jpg

Wonder Girls

photo747850.jpg

Han Ji-min

photo747849.jpg

Twice and Park Jin-young

photo747848.jpg

J-star and Jung-a

photo747847.jpg

Kim Ye-won

CnqgfJaXgAAPhjb.jpg

SISTAR Soyu, Dasom, Bora

http://www.hancinema.net/photos-korean-celebrities-attending-the-vip-premiere-for-the-korean-movie-train-to-busan-96837.html

• Like 3

Review: South Korean Zombie Thriller TRAIN TO BUSAN

Busan.jpg

SHOCK reviews kinetic South Korean zombie horror film TRAIN TO BUSAN.

While South Korea has been producing some top notch horror films and suspense thrillers for quite some time, they might be one of the few leading countries for genre cinema that doesn’t produce a glut of zombie films. It’s not that Asian folklore isn’t peppered with its own legends of the undead rising from the grave, but it seems, perhaps quite rightfully given their geographic closeness to North Korea, that they have more to fear from the living than they do from the dead.

It’s not much of a shock then that the zombies-on-a-train thrill ride TRAIN TO BUSAN plays like a cross between SNOWPIERCER and DAWN OF THE DEAD (both Romero’s and Snyder’s). It’s a high octane action flick in horror movie trappings with a healthy dose of modern cultural subtext. In many ways, TRAIN TO BUSAN is exactly what one would probably expect from hearing the premise, but anime veteran Yeon Sang-ho (in his first live action feature effort) maximizes the amount of fun, thrills, scares, and action set pieces he can get out of the material.

The main protagonist is workaholic hedge fund manager Seok Woo (Korean heartthrob Yoo Gong) who’s quickly losing touch with his young daughter (Kim Su-an). All the little girl wants for her birthday – one that has been botched again thanks to daddy’s inattentiveness – is to see her mother in Busan. Knowing he can’t screw up again, Seok agrees to accompany his daughter on an early morning train ride from Seoul to Busan before racing back to work to deal with a crisis. Just as the train leaves the station, a massive outbreak of something or other starts causing people to snap and become violent, leading to rioting and mass murder throughout Korea. One of the people infected with this animalistic bloodlust (which is transmitted through bites and acts very, very quickly) has stowed away on the train. Things get out of control in a hurry, and people from different social classes have to band together or fight each other for survival aboard a train where the conductor can’t decide if the safest move is to stop or to keep going.

Sang-ho takes his time laying everything out, proving to be masterful in the art of escalating tension and action. While there are glimpses of something amiss throughout the first thirty minutes, Sang-ho prefers letting the viewer get to know Seok, his daughter, and a handful of other passengers on the train. There’s a pair of old ladies, one of whom is vastly more generous and thoughtful than the other. There’s a high school baseball team where one of the kids has a flirtation with a girl who has tagged along for the trip. There’s the conductor and a pair of ineffective hospitality attendants. Then there’s a pregnant woman (Jung Yu-mi) and her working class husband Sang-hwa (Ma Dong-seok), with whom the uppity Seok will first clash before eventually teaming up with him because this guy is the exact kind of no-richard simmons richard simmons kicker the train needs in such a crisis.

At first, it feels like TRAIN TO BUSAN will become a simple “point A to point B” kind of plot. Seok’s daughter gets trapped in a washroom on a car overrun with zombies, and he’ll have to plot a way to cross from a car full of uninfected survivors and through certain death to get her back. Then a wrinkle arises once the train makes a stop in an attempt to get everyone to safety. Things go horribly awry, and a scene straight out of WORLD WAR Z erupts with literal waves of zombies crashing into each other as they descend upon their victims. Some of the survivors, including some of the ones I previously mentioned, make their way back to the train along with a moustache-twirlingly evil transportation CEO (Kim Eui-sung, gunning for the richard simmons of the year award) who demands the conductor take the train to Busan so he can selfishly get home and hopefully to safety.

That’s when the SNOWPIERCER and DAWN OF THE DEAD comparisons kick in, and while it’s a nice touch, it’s not exactly the most original idea. It’s certainly effective, though. Seok and a handful of survivors are now stranded at the back of the train, while the evil businessman at the front endeavors to not let anyone else in their now protected car at the front of the locomotive. It’s a classic story of the haves versus the have nots writ large, and one where Seok will have to heed his daughter’s advice that being nice to people does more for humanity than a relentless sense of self-preservation and cutthroat ethics.

Sang-ho effortlessly keeps the momentum of the film going despite the largely claustrophobic setting of a speeding train. While some elements seem to be blatantly riffing on SNOWPIERCER, there’s still a lot of fun to be had. The action sequences are inspired, flashy, and often relentless, offering a lot more bone crunching brutality than gore. Some might also balk at the film’s highly athletic “fast zombies,” or even question whether or not these actually qualify as zombies to some genre purists, but those thoughts should quickly go away for most thanks to Sang-ho’s playful, intuitive direction and a wealth of twists that most viewers won’t see coming.

TRAIN TO BUSAN doesn’t reinvent the zombie genre, but it isn’t trying to. Sang-ho’s film wants to entertain using genre conventions in new, creative ways. It gave me exactly what I wanted and expected from the premise. Sometimes that’s all you need, and Sang-ho more than clear the admittedly low set bar he was trying to clear. It’s a blast that’s just as smart, scary, and exciting as it needs to be. It’s definitely worth checking out when it comes to theaters this weekend in roughly two dozen cities across the U.S. and Canada.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/407201-review-south-korean-zombie-thriller-train-busan/

• Like 3

Train to Busan is opening today in korea July,20, 2016 and in North America July 22nd sequentially in the whole world

부산행

Train To Busan "ll be released in Singapore and Thailand, August 4, Australian and New Zealand August 11,  France August 17, Hong Kong, August 25, Taiwan, September 2,Malaysia, September 8th beside that Vietnam  Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia,Germany, Benelux, Spain, Japan and South America (Argentina, Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru and Chile) and the other 156 around the world 

Gong Yoo and train to busan cast Fighting :w00t::w00t::w00t:

http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20160720085905403

• Like 3

‘Train to Busan’ sets new pre-sale record

Starring actors Gong Yoo, Kim Soo-an, Jung Yu-mi and Ma Dong-seok, “Train to Busan” has set a new pre-sale record for Korean blockbusters.

Over 320,000 people reserved tickets for the movie in advance of its Wednesday release with an estimated ticket sales of over 2.6 billion won, according to the Korean Film Council data as of Wednesday morning.

Although it is difficult to predict how many people “Train to Busan” will draw following its July 20 opening, the Korean crime film “A Violent Prosecutor,” released in February, attracted over nine million cinemagoers after pre-sale reservations of 250,000. 

20160720000842_0.jpg
A scene from the summer thriller “Train to Busan” (Next Entertainment World)

Given the high level of anticipation around the apocalyptic summer thriller, there has been an inevitable outflow of spoilers on social media channels.

“It’s unfortunate that the spread of spoilers seems ill-natured, rather than accidental,” said director Yeon Sang-ho in an interview with a local media outlet.

Screened at Cannes Film Festival in May, “Train to Busan” is scheduled for global releases in the coming months, starting with North American premier on July 22, and openings in Australia, New Zealand, France, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia and more to follow in August and September.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160720000609

• Like 3

Here Are The Top 8 Celebrities That Are Fitness Goals For Koreans

3. Gong Yoo (21.6 percent)

gong-yoo2.jpg

Female employees’ picks for most appealing male physique:

1. Cha Seung Won (41.9 percent)

2. Gong Yoo (29.0 percent)

3. Song Joong Ki (21.9 percent)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/20/top-8-celebrities-fitness-goals-koreans/

gong yoo is hot like fire :heart:

• Like 3

Movie star Gong Yoo opens up about his own fears

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160720

In the zombie apocalypse film “Train to Busan,” which opened in theaters Wednesday, actor Gong Yoo plays the role of a father who is too busy with his demanding job as a fund manager to spend quality time with his daughter.

“I’m still single, so I had to use my imagination for that,” Gong told reporters at a group interview on Monday in a cafe in Seoul. 

Casually dressed and waering a baseball cap, the actor discussed his thoughts on parenthood, social media and his own horrors.

“It gave me a chance to think about how I would treat my child in the future if I have children. I don’t want to crush the child’s sense of hope, but I also don’t want to lie. It actually made me more afraid of raising a child,” he said.

Gong said he was drawn to the “uniqueness” of the film’s script more than anything else. In “Train to Busan,” a zombie virus overtakes the country while the main characters, each with a different story, are trapped on a train headed to the southern port city of Busan. In depicting the characters’ struggles to survive, the film defies established plot devices recurrent in thrillers, critics have commented. 

He was also impressed with how director Yeon Sang-ho juggled the film’s numerous cast, the actor said. 

“The characters are quite cliche,” he admitted. “But I think (director Yeon) took those characters and struck a good balance.”

The 37-year-old actor, who debuted in 2001 in the TV series “School 4,” remained modest when it came to his craft.

“I’m always unhappy with my performances,” he said of his acting. “I don’t think there’s an actor who is completely satisfied with one’s performance. I don’t know why, but as the years go by, it gets harder to watch myself act.”

Even so, Gong is having a busy year. He stars in the film “A Man and a Woman,” released this February, and appears in the upcoming movie “The Age of Shadows,” a much-anticipated action flick directed by Kim Ji-woon.

“In my 15th year of acting, I could have gotten lazy. But (these films) have been a good stimulant during this period,” he said, adding that “The Age of Shadows” will be a “very different film” from his two other movies this year. 

Despite starring in a zombie-ridden feature, Gong confessed to being “very scared” of horror films. 

“I think I believe in ghosts, so I get even more scared with my own imagination. But I think people can sometimes be more horrifying.”

Though a much-exposed celebrity who has endorsement deals with Kanu coffee and the beauty brand The Body Shop, Gong said he is not, and will never be, active on social media. 

“I think (social media) is so scary,” he said. “I think it’s a tool that makes people lonelier. You feel insecurities you don’t need to feel on social media.”

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201607201654566139474_2

• Like 3

‘Train to Busan’ off to strong start

Korean zombie movie “Train to Busan” is off to a strong start since its release at the local box office on Wednesday. 

The horror flick drew some 330,000 presales from local viewers as of 1 p.m., according to data from Korean Film Council.

It features actors Gong Yoo and Don Lee as well as actress Jung Yu-mi. Each character battles zombies that suddenly appear across the peninsula. They head down south to Busan by train to escape from Seoul. 

“Train to Busan” was screened at the 69th Cannes Film Festival in May. The movie was sold to more than 150 countries, according to its distributor Next Entertainment World. The movie is set to be released in North America on Friday. It is slated to be shown in Singapore, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, France and Hong Kong in August. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201607201644376022683_2

• Like 3

traintobusan__article-hero-1130x430.jpg

Train to Busan

Writer-director Yeon Sang-ho’s Train to Busan, which largely takes place aboard a high-seed KTX train traveling from Seoul to Busan in the midst of a zombie outreak, is so nakedly hospitable to conservative attitudes that one may come to resent its strikingly creative and efficiently orchestrated maximalist frights. During the film’s elegantly staged opening, a man passing through a toll booth turned quarantine zone is so distracted by his phone, as well as by his contempt for the officials in hazmat suits who surely must be downplaying the seeming severity of the quarantine situation, that he runs over a deer. As the man drives off, the camera pans slowly to the right and reveals the deer jolting itself back to life, its glazed-over eyes representing both a promise of countless horrors to come and a confirmation of the man’s assertion that his government’s agents are “so full richard simmons.”

When divorced of message-mongering, the film’s scare tactics are among the most distinctive that the zombie canon has ever seen. The zombies here are rabid, fast-moving ghoulies that, as Train to Busan‘s protagonists discover, are attracted to loud sounds and only attack what they can actually see. This realization becomes the foundation for a series of taut set pieces during which the story’s motley crew of survivors manipulate their way past zombies with the aid of cellphones and bats and the numerous tunnels through which the train must travel. The genre crosspollination for which so many South Korean thrillers have come to be known for is most evident in these scenes (as in the survivors crawling across one train car’s overhead luggage area), which blend together the tropes of survivor-horror and disaster films, as well as suggest the mechanics of puzzle-platformer games.

Train to Busan‘s scare tactics are among the most distinctive that the zombie canon has ever seen.

Train to Busan‘s macro frights, such as a freakish chase sequence wherein a horde of zombies unconsciously exhibit the behavior of colonial organisms, are no less impressive than Yeon’s staging of micro ones, primarily for how they shun conventional jump-scare tactics. When Seok-woo (Gong Yoo) and his young daughter, Soo-an (Kim Soo-ahn), board the train to Busan, where Seok-woo’s estranged wife is now living, an infected woman scurries onboard in the split second during which a conductor looks the other way. The moment is so casually presented as to hardly register at all. And as the train pulls away from the station, Soo-an barely glimpses from a window as someone crashes into and pushes a conductor to the ground. In one stylishly tossed-off beat, the girl’s fears of estrangement and uncertainty are effectively conflated with the audience’s certainty of this train’s doom.

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to ignore Train to Busan‘s almost punishing devotion to formula. In between skirmishes with zombies, the train’s survivors dutifully corroborate their bona fides as stock genre types. Seok-woo is fund manager whose “bloodsucking” ways are understood by Sang-ha (Ma Dong-seok), a working-class bruiser on board the train with his pregnant wife, Sung-gyeong (Jung Yu-mi), to be consistent with how he only thinks of himself in the heat of the moment. Soon-an even takes her father to task, blaming the selfishness of his actions for his separation from her mother. The film sees Seok-woo as being one step away from the totalistic and cartoonish villainy of the bus-company executive played by Kim Eui-sung, and the zombie apocalypse as a means for Seok-woo to reconnect with what the filmmaker seems to believe is the man’s essential goodness.

Train to Busan treats, like San Andreas before it, a cataclysmic event as a backdrop to the restoration of a nuclear family—or something close to approaching one. The film’s drive toward a conventional sense of closure, executed with a clean sense of movement reminiscent of Steven Spielberg’s work, becomes impossible to separate from a series of essentially socio-political talking points that suggest a nation’s ever-increasing embrace of capitalistic values has unhinged its populace from the salt-of-the-earth ethos of an idyllic past. And yet, because everyone’s reminiscences about how things used to be, delivered in service to remind Seok-woo of his capacity for empathy, are so culturally unspecific, it’s easy to see hypocrisy in how Yeon so scrupulously serves up Train to Busan as a calling card.

http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/review/train-to-busan

• Like 3