2016 Korea Movie Stars Awards

photo746727.jpg

2016 Korea Movie Stars Awards took place in Lotte Hotel in Songong-dong, Seoul in the afternoon on July 15th.

"Canola" Yoon Yeo-jeong, "A Man and A Woman" Gong Yoo, "Time Renegades" Lee Jin-wook were selected as the recipients of the Grand Prize winners of 2016 Korea Movie Stars Awards.

"Insane" Kang Ye-won, "Mood of the Day" Yoo Yeon-seok, 'Phantom Detective' Ko Ah-ra, and "A Melody to Remember" Ko Ah-seong are the winners of Popularity Awards. "DongJu, The Portrait of A Poet" Park Jeong-min-I, 'The Wailing' Kim Hwan-hee were honored with New Actor Award. "Spirits' Homecoming" director Cho Jung-rae received Best Director Award.

The director of Korean Film Actors Association, Dragon Lee said, "The event this time is to praise the film directors and actors who have worked hard in the first half of 2016 for their contribution to improve and promote Korean film industry" and "I'd like to also ask people in Korea for much support for the Korea Top Star Award, which is held at the end of each year".

http://www.hancinema.net/2016-korea-movie-stars-awards-96744.html

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lkgy99 said:

daesang-2016.jpg

Gong Yoo, Yoon Yeo Jeong and Lee Jin Wook Won the 'Grand Prize' in 'Korean Movie Star Awards 2016'

http://korea.iyaa.com/article/2016/07/gong-yoo-yoon-yeo-jeong-dan-lee-jin-wook-raih-grand-prize-korea-movie-star-awards-2016-3462912.html

congratulations to Gong Yoo :heart:

Congratulations Gong Yoo oppa you deserves more:wub:     And i'm happy his movie Train to Busan is doing well in korea and outside korea :w00t::w00t:                                          

• Like 3

“Train to Busan”

The cast of the upcoming thriller film “Train to Busan” sat down Friday for an interview to share their experience filming the movie. The session was also broadcast on the V app.

Actors Gong Yoo, Ma Dong-seok, Choi Woo-shik, and actresses Jung Yoo-mi and Ahn So-hee gathered at Centum City shopping mall in Busan for the interview.
Gong Yoo first began by briefly introducing the movie. He said, “It is a movie about an outbreak of a virus in a train, which causes those infected to instantly turn into fresh-devouring zombies.” He added, “The remaining passengers of the train are fighting for their lives against the bloodthirsty attacks.”
After the introduction, the cast took questions.

One fan asked whether the cast had gotten to know one another better while shooting the film.

Ma said he “still gets a little shy around them,” drawing laughter from the audience.

Another fan pointed out that So-hee had not talked much throughout the interview and Gong Yoo jokingly responded by saying that “her hobby is breathing.”

“Train to Busan” opens in local theaters on July 20.
http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201607161122268342715_2

• Like 3

Big 4 Korean movies for this summer

Another Korean modern history movie, "Battle of Inchon" (aka Operation Chromite, to be released on July 27) was ranked number two (63.3 %) after Deokhye Ongju. The movie is about the famous mission to Inchon on Sep. 15 1950 led by General Douglas MacArthur (1880-1964) of the U.S. Army. The main story is a secret intelligent mission of a navy agent (played by Lee Jeong-jae), who risks his life for his mission. For the Gen. MacArthur role, Liam Neeson was casted, exciting movie fans. Critic Kang remarked, “The movie’s success depends on whether it is unique not resembling similar genre movies such as ‘Battle of Yeonpyeong’ and whether it satisfies fans’ expectations for action and dramatic elements. In the same chart, "Train to Busan" (44.4 %) and "Tunnel" (33 %) followed the history movies, indicating that fans have high expectations for Korea movies in general.

On the other hand, experts gave more score to Train to Busan that will be released on July 20. In separate interviews, 10 experts mentioned that movie when asked about a movie with the most potential to be successful this summer. Train to Busan is a blockbuster with zombie outbreaks, which is not common for a Korean movie. This movie is the first long live-action movie of the director Yeon Sang-ho, who has a high reputation in the animation industry with "King of Pigs" (2011) and "Hypocrite" (2013) among others.

Train to Busan was invited to the 69th Cannes Film Festival’s non-competition section and received favorable reviews. Tunnel that will be released on Aug. 10 is also a disaster movie that fans look forward to watching. The director is Kim Seong-hoon, who also directed "A Hard Day" (3.45 million viewers) in 2014. Ha Jeong-woo, Bae Doo-na and Oh Dal-soo are starred in the movie.

http://english.donga.com/List/3/all/26/538297/1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lkgy99 said:

Annyeong, I am newbie (heobae) here kkkkk~ Doesnt mean my love for Gong Yoo is new too, Ive loved him since the first time I saw him in CP back in 2007 (I was 14 y.o now I am 22 y.o). He is more and more handsome huh!? well sunbaenim, lets get along

First I wanna ask if its Woo Shik official twitter? I find it's just manage by fans (I guess) hmm

Edited by upila94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, upila94 said:

Annyeong, I am newbie (heobae) here kkkkk~ Doesnt mean my love for Gong Yoo is new too, Ive loved him since the first time I saw him in CP back in 2007 (I was 14 y.o now I am 22 y.o). He is more and more handsome huh!? well sunbaenim, lets get along

First I wanna ask if its Woo Shik official twitter? I find it's just manage by fans (I guess) hmm

welcome in your home upila94 :heart:
I Love Him Too From CP :wub:

about Choi Woo Shik twitter no that is not his official its one of his fan clup B)

his official twitter is that https://twitter.com/woosiq?lang=ar

• Like 3