Guest 8001spring

Just a little extra to accompany chingu @istanbullu_emine's post above.
Gong Yoo's accompanying interview for Star1 photoshoot.
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Gong Yoo on His “Running Man” Experience: “Now I Know Why Yoo Jae Suk Quit Smoking”jnkm December 23, 2013 
@star1 jan 2014_gong yoo 1

Gong Yoo recently shared his thoughts on appearing on his first variety TV show in over eight years.

Gong Yoo posed for an @Star 1 photo shoot and also gave an interview. He talked about his recent “Running Man” appearance and said, “I never even dreamed of going on ‘Running Man.’ It was really fun but it was just as hard.”

He continued, “I left my house as 6:30AM and returned at around midnight. I really felt respect for the ‘Running Man’ cast. I also heard that Yoo Jae Suk quit smoking and now I know exactly why. The physical toll that this show takes is greater than I imagined.”

Gong Yoo continued to praise the “Running Man” members by saying, “When I am filming an action film, I usually run out of breath but the members never lose their smiles and laughter while filming the show. I realized that I shouldn’t view variety shows easily. I only knew about drama and film sets and the variety TV set was a first one for me; it was a new world.”

Meanwhile, Gong Yoo’s film “The Suspect” is just around the corner from being released. This photo shoot and interview can be found in the January issue of @Star1.

http://www.soompi.com/2013/12/23/gong-yoo-on-his-running-man-experience-now-i-know-why-yoo-jae-suk-quit-smoking/#.UrvAidIW148

class="title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-size: 20px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 40px 0px 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue Light', HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; width: 670px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"Ize Magazine Korea

01_zps2aad8f91.jpg
05_zps8c19ae86.jpg

more..http://sunshineemine.blogspot.com/2013/12/gong-yoo-kim-woo-bin-ize-magazine-korea.html

Guest 8001spring

Reposting from Soompi News
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Gong Yoo Says He is Not Aggressively Searching for Lovenanasung December 28, 2013 
Gong Yoo Says He is Not Aggressively Searching for Love

Gong Yoo recently spoke frankly about his thoughts on relationships and marriage.

Actor Gong Yoo recently teamed up with a fashion magazine @Star1 and shot new pictorials as well as an interview. At the interview, he was asked if it was about time for him to start thinking about marriage. He answered, “I recently heard people call me one of the big four bachelors. Myself, Kang Dong WonSo Ji Sub, and Hyunbin were on the list,” laughing cheerfully.

He said, “I don’t know whether it’s because of my age – mid-thirties, but I am not intent or eager about starting a relationship. I became accustomed to being by myself and feel rather comfortable. It’s not that bad.” He then added, “In fact, I am not that aggressively searching for someone to love right now.”

He continued, “I could go out and find someone if needed, but I believe love will come naturally in life. I don’t have a deadline for marriage.”

Check out his new natural-but-gorgeous pictorials below!

Source (1

More pics here:

Gong Yoo star1 01Gong Yoo Star 1 02Gong Yoo Star1 03Gong Yoo star1 04

Credit: http://www.soompi.com/2013/12/28/gong-yoo-says-he-is-not-aggressively-searching-for-love/#.UsEPu9IW148

Gong Yoo talks about his fans in Puerto Rico + possible advancement into America

gong-yoo_1388417268_af_org.jpg

Recently, Gong Yoo took part in a photo shoot and interview with fashion magazine @star1 and talked about filming overseas for his latest movie 'The Suspect' as well as possibly moving into the American industry.

The actor stated, "I was incredibly surprised because a lot of fans recognized me in Puerto Rico . . . I don't know how they knew, but the fans there came to the location site starting from the break of dawn.  They told me that they watched everything from the drama 'Coffee Prince' to the movie 'The Crucible' . . . Even the staff was surprised at the unexpected hospitality."

SEE ALSO: Gong Yoo reveals he's still single and talks about dating and marriage

In addition, Gong Yoo talked about his possible advancement into the American entertainment industry.  He said, "Truthfully, the production place that helped us film 'The Suspect' did give me an offer, asking if I wanted to advance into America . . . I answered, 'As long as I can be prepared.'  After returning to Korea, I knew there were talks between companies, but nothing definite has been decided as of yet."

Would you like to see Gong Yoo act in America?

Source: AKP

(I would LOVE to see Gong Yoo acting in America! It would be so nice to be able to see him in an actual theater here. Kekeke.)

Guest 8001spring

Reposting from Soompi news.
An interesting tidbit to accompany chingu @akinahana89's post above.
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Gong Yoo to Attend New York Premiere of “The Suspect”lellie January 2, 2014 
Gong Yoo to Attend New York Premiere of “The Suspect”

Anticipation is rising for whether actor Gong Yoo will get the opportunity to meet with Hollywood star Matt Damon.

Film distributing company, Showbox, invited directors of the “Bourne” series, Paul Greengrass and Doug Liman, and actor Matt Damon to the New York premiere of “The Suspect” to held on January 2.

“The Suspect,” which will begin showing in 15 cities across North America is the first Korean film to premiere in the U.S. in 2014. The film has already premiered in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, and Europe.

Director Won Shin Yeon and actors Gong Yoo and Park Hee Soon will be attending the New York premier of the film. The event is pending attendance of directors Paul Greengrass and Doug Liman and actor Matt Damon.

“The Suspect” is a Korean adaptation of the “Bourne” series. Director Won Shin Yeon tried to get Matt Damon to make a special guest appearance in the film; however, he was unable to make it just before the filming due to a conflict in his schedule.  

Meanwhile, “The Suspect” gained much success after its premiere in Korea attracting 2 million viewers in just eight days.

It has also been revealed actor Gerard Butler and world renowned former soccer playerDavid Beckham are likely to attend the event.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2014/01/02/gong-yoo-to-attend-new-york-premiere-of-the-suspect/#.UsYEI9IW148

Personal thoughts: As a fan, I think this is really exciting news for Gong Yoo. I hope something works out in the meeting between him and the US producers and crew. Who knows, this could be his big break.

Oh man, how I wish I was in New York right now! I would totally attend the premiere just to have the hopes of catching a glimpse of Gong Yoo! I hope the discussions will go well so he can advance into the States! It would be so incredibly exciting!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi peeps, Im a new fan of this amazing person...just been silently lurking, reading and admiring everyones comments, thank you. Just thought I would say 'hey' and look forward to appreciating and admiring GY....(only just met him when I watched 'Hello Teacher', a few weeks ago...sigh!) and being so irresistible, found this thread to admire him more, thank you for all the information on GY...I hope you dont mind me intruding on this thread, thank you....@everyone FIGHTING!

:)>- :)>-

Yoon Eun Hye chooses Gong Yoo as her ideal type among the men she's acted with so far

Actress Yoon Eun Hye appeared on SBS's 'One Night of TV Entertainment' on January 29 and was asked to do an 'Ideal Type World Cup' featuring the actors she had worked with so far.  

In the first round, she chose Yonghwa over Kang Ji Hwan, Lee Dong Gun over Yoo Seung Ho, and Gong Yoo over Yoo Chun.  In the second round, she chose Yonghwa over Lee Dong Gun, which (spoiler) answers that open ending for 'Marry Him If You Dare' if it were up to Yoon Eun Hye.  However, in the end, Gong Yoo from her drama 'Coffee Prince' came out on top!  

She predicted an incoming joking text from Gong Yoo saying, "I didn't know your feelings," which made the MC laugh.  Check out the video above at 1:45.

Source: AKP

• 1 month later...

class="title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-size: 20px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 40px 0px 0px; color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue Light', HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; width: 670px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"Ha Ji Won & Gong Yoo 48th Taxpayer's Day ceremony 3 March 2014

20140303_1393814387_63624300_1.jpg
1393810837_661424.jpg
201403031046119410_1.jpg
201403031108775834_5313e65a2d4b2.jpg
2014030311381865199_1.jpg

more.. sunshineemine.blogspot.com.tr/2014/03/ha-ji-won-gong-yoo-48th-taxpayers-day.html

class="title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-size: 20px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 40px 0px 0px; color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue Light', HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; width: 670px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"Gong Yoo Discovery Expedition 2014 S/S

0001_zps6b772bd4.jpg
0004_zps20ac9d6f.jpg

more.  sunshineemine.blogspot.com.tr/2014/03/gong-yoo-discovery-expedition-2014-ss.html

akinahana89 said: The trailer looks so good! Very exciting and action packed. I can already tell Gong Yoo did a fantastic job. Wow. I can't wait to see it! Hopefully, it'll show in a theater close by, but seeing as how I'm not in a very Asian central state in the US, it doesn't seem too likely.

reign143 said: akinahana89 said: The trailer looks so good! Very exciting and action packed. I can already tell Gong Yoo did a fantastic job. Wow. I can't wait to see it! Hopefully, it'll show in a theater close by, but seeing as how I'm not in a very Asian central state in the US, it doesn't seem too likely.
Waaahhhh akina I think it will be shown in hongkong tooo, I wanna watch kekeke I saw his movie poster on the MTR Station :)
omg! It's @reign143! lol. Awww. So lucky!! There is zero chance that it'll be showing here. lol. I just have to wait for the DVD release.

Director of 'The Suspect' PD Won Shin yun's thought about Gong yoo
Q: What did you see in GONG Yoo (who played in Silenced [2011] and Finding Mr.Destiny [2010]) for the role of JI Dong-chul? A: He is the type of actor who tries to communicate through acting. There are not many of them and GONG Yoo is definitely among that crowd. I especially liked him because he is not afraid of change. When an actor discards his old tricks and traits and shows a total transformation, the audience becomes curious and can derive pleasure from such a transformation. As soon as we began working together, I knew I was right. He is an actor, not just a star, and he is also a good person.
KJXEFrKtLxaKrvrRikON.jpg
read full interview from PD Won on the movie "The suspect" at koreanfilm"Something that action genre fans remember for a long time”

class="entry-title" style="font-size: 22px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 28px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; direction: ltr; text-rendering: optimizelegibility;"[upcoming Film] “The Suspect,” the Intense Scene of Action (Interview)Posted by: Reporter - Han , December 11, 2013 | GetitK
23-1024x748.jpg

Q What made you decide to star in <The Suspect>?
Gong Yoo: At first, I declined. When the director proposed again, I was sorry to just say no again, so I decided to tell him in person. When I met him, he told me that while the genre of the movie is action, he wanted to tell a story through the movie – this moved me. The fact that this movie is centered on the story rather than flashy action scenes made me want to start in the movie.
During the shoot, I realized how much of an expert he was at shooting action scenes. It was my first time starring in an action movie, but I was happy to learn from director Won – it was a meaningful time for me.
Park Hee-Soon: I decided to do it even before receiving the script. <Seven Days> had a big influence on my being where I am currently, so I believed in director Won. Working together, I came to have even bigger trust in him.
I was going to decline it if the script was to be terrible, but the script described a great scenario that makes it easy to imagine actual picture.
Yu Da-In: Since all the characters I have played are somewhat quiet, I wanted to play a more free-spirited character. When I received the scenario and met director Won, I decided to do it since he seemed to have a big affection in the character of Kyeong-Hee.
Jo Jae-Yoon: So far, I have played many rough characters. The character I played in this movie is the most gentle and nice character. I auditioned for the part, and director Won contacted me. I made many mistakes at the audition, but I think it was effective for me to mention that I’m a big fan of his. (laughs) I had a great time while shooting for the movie.
8-e1386762933905.jpg
Jo Jae-Yoon and Gong Yoo

Q. <The Suspect> has many interesting angles. It seems that you’ve thought a lot about different angles.
Director Won Shin-Yeon: To say it nicely, it is fast-paced that suck the viewers in, some might get dizzy if they are not open to action scenes. The concept of the movie is face-paced action. Of course we should think of the audience when constructing different cuts, but we tried to make a totally different movie, so we prepared for it from the pre-production stage.
At the shoot, we used the maximum of 15 cameras at once. Even other directors came to help with the shoot. I wanted to make an ‘evolution’ through this movie. I tried to destroy existing rules, and create a new feeling of pleasure.
From the pre-production stage, we thought of different angles that can be created through using various cameras at once. We thought of camera’s lenses as eyes of the audience. We used such unique angels to make the audience feel like they are in the situation of chasing, fighting, and escaping from critical situations.

Q. It seems that the highlight of <The Suspect> is the car chasing scene, which I think is the moment that will be hard to see even in Korean movies that follow. Do you have any behind stories?
Gong Yoo: I saw the completed movie for the first time today. When we were shooting, we were a bit afraid that it was just us that thought that angles were totally different – we thought that we might be narcissistic.
We thank you for the positive words. Since car chasing is something that we cannot do in real life, we had fun in shooting of the scene. Director Won was worried about us, but we had a great time.Personally, driving down from the stairs was so thrilling in the screen even though I was the one that shot it.

Park Hee-Soon: Actually we shot the car chasing scene for over a month. Since we could not do such thing in real life, we had fun in doing illegal things in the movie. (laughs) While it was a very dangerous scene, the stunt team was prepared, and we shot in a safe environment. It was nice to shoot it trusting their ability, and we were thankful that no one was hurt.
Yu Da-In: I wasn’t afraid of the stairs scene when I shot it, but when I heard that there was no safety measures for the scene, I realized that it was a scary moment. 7-1024x573.jpg
Gong Yoo said that he received a great present through the movie – Park Hee-Soon (on the right)

Q. There were many dangerous situations; did you have any injuries? Also, the subject of spies and special agents was used a lot this year, did you have any worries regarding such fact?
Gong Yoo: Since we had many dangerous scenes, we had some injuries. After the year of shooting the movies, I came to think that I was lucky. Park Hee-Soon had knee injury, and since I have many hand fight scenes, I hurt both of my thumbs twice during the shoot.I didn’t quite worry about the subject matter. We knew that movies about North Korea were being made in our production stage, and everybody knew about such fact. I didn’t think that those were same movies, and our scenario showed the difference as well. More than anything, the dramatic emotions of the man Ji Dong-Chul moved my heart. I didn’t quite care about the subject.

Q. Why did you put the meet up scene with the daughter at the end?
Director Won: The core of the movie is the process of Ji Dong-Chul finding his daughter. The last scene was the source of all his actions, as well as the beginning and end of the movie; so it was natural to show it.

Q. Because of your handsome looks, I thought that it would be tough for you to create a rough character, but it seemed to have worked out greatly. Did you try anything special in your acting?
Gong Yoo: I did not try to be rougher; it can’t be achieved through trying. Perhaps it is since I’m a rough man. It is nice to hear such remarks. In the beginning of the production, I went to a zoo by chance. The main animals, lions and tigers were sleeping indoors like cats; but jaguar was doing something while constantly moving around – that helped me a lot. It might have been something unnoticeable, but I feel that such small efforts accumulated to create such rough feel.
 Q. Park Hee-Soon, were you friends with Gong yoo before? Playing his enemy, what did you too do to create a better picture?

Park Hee-Soon: Well, I saw him the drama <The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince> and various advertisements. (laughs) Well, People around me worried about Gong Yoo who was great at expressing gentle and romantic characters. But in our first meeting, Gong Yoo was already Ji Dong-Chul. I thought that it would be easy to work with him. During the shoot, we became good friends.
Gong Yoo: To add, one of the presents I got from shooting <The Suspect> is the friendship with him. I’ll keep his friendship. (laughs)
6-1024x675.jpg
Q. Gong Yoo, you tried your first action movie. While your acting is great in action scenes, it seems that you got in shape for the movie as well. You have many scenes where you show your upper body, how did you get in shape?
Gong Yoo: The body shown in the movie is Ji Dong-Chul’s body. At first I couldn’t eat normal meals for three months. I didn’t get enough carbs, which was hard for shooting the actions scenes that required strength. I got in shape through such painful process, since I thought making right shape of the body was important for the character of Ji Dong-Chul.Since Ji Dong-Chul went through Special Forces where only 3 percent of the applicants are accepted, I considered that fact when I was getting in shape. I tried really hard to make all the actions done by Ji Dong-Chul in the movie believable.
Personally, I looked forward to the gallows scene where he dislocates his shoulder. The director told me that he wanted the audiences’ breath to stop for a second when that scene is shown on the screen; by making him look like a beast.
When Ji was active as a spy all over the world, his only shelter was his wife and the daughter to be born. What would a man do when he had lost his family. I tried really hard to get in shape so that he would look like a beast or a monster. I’m not sure if I succeeded.

Q. Perhaps it was due to the similarity of the scenes, but it reminded me of many action movies. Did you refer to any movies, or how is this movie different from those movies?

Director Won Shin-Yeon: I did not refer to any specific movie. Movies like the <Bourne> series and <Mission Impossible> series were movies that I watched as a viewer like the public, so I did not refer to them. But I had a different desire.
<Bourne Identity> had a budget of $60 million, <Bourne Supremacy> with $75 million, and <Bourne Ultimatum> with $110 million. We made it with a relatively low budget, but I wanted to hear ‘how did they make this?’ from Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass. I prepared this movie with a passion.
The genre of action is bound to be similar to each other. But instead of falling into that similarity, I wanted to show an evolution of action. I wanted to receive comments such as ‘they have improved the car action a step further than us.’ We prepared scientifically as well.

Q. There were many dynamic action scenes such as falling off from the Hangang Bridge and dislocating the shoulder. What is the scene you like the best?
Gong Yoo: It was my first time watching the completed movie with CG and sounds. We shot the shoulder dislocation scene for a whole day. It was the most challenging scene I’ve done. My red eyes in the scene were my actual eyes, not an effect.While the staffs were holding my body, it was a situation where it was very easy for me to be chocked. We kept shooting, with breaks in between – I almost fainted after the shooting. I passed out on my way back to Seoul from Taebaek. It was the scene that the director scolded the staff members for the first time.
Since it was a scene where I could lose my conscious without noticing, director Won was nervous. It could’ve been a dangerous situation. Watching the completed scene in the big screen, I’m glad that it came out great.

53-1024x700.jpg

Q. There’s a bias that action movies have weak storyline; it seems that <The Suspcet> has broken such bias.
Director Won Shin-Yeon: I pondered in choosing the right subject, and shared my views with my staff. Many North Korean escapees actually read the scenario. One of them was actual formal special force agent, and I personally met him and listened to his story.
While I’m a movie director, I like documentaries. I searched and watched all the documentaries regarding North Korean escapees. I wondered if the movie could be cure for them or be another scar, and what views it would give to the public.
In a broad view, this movie is not about ideologies, but about a small nature of a man. Such nature is instinct; and I thought that it is related to precious things such as a family. I wanted people to think of North Korean escapees as people just like them. I used my means of expression, and hope it communicates well enough.

A word from Gong Yoo17-1024x795.jpg

For me, I can’t remember anything else I did this year other than <The Suspect>; I was focused on this movie. With great people, every day felt hopeful for me. I looked forward to every scene I was going to be acting in. It is tough for an actor to have such thought, so I’m thankful for the director who helped me to have such attitude. It is not a movie that wants to be a mega-hit. But we shot it with an expectation that it would grow within the limits we face. We hoped that the public would notice how different we are.