2 Stephanie Sun Songs... 孙燕姿 ~~*

NAN

橄榄树 Olive Tree; 眼泪成诗
I'm really into Stephanie Sun; I love the way she sings. Nan's Soundclick 橄榄树 Olive Tree - This is actually a traditional/classical Chinese song. This song is absolutely beautiful. There are so many versions of this song since it's such a classic. I really like Sun's version.. I love the ad libs and harmonies here and there. I couldn't really use vibratto in this song, so I thought it was kind of hard to keep a steady note. Haha...~ And by the way, all the background vocals were INCLUDED in the karaoke. 眼泪成诗 Tear Letter - This one was requested by Lisa (fantasiimaker). This song is really pretty. I love the erhu, a Chinese traditional instrument. However, I found it really hard to sing like her, especially the breathing and the softness and all that. So instead of trying to mimick Sun, I made it into my own kind of. I mostly concentrated on the emotions. Singing might be a little off here and there. I have to say, this song made me go into tears toward the end, so there's some unsteadiness. No instrumental, so it's a vocal cut. (And this is a one shot) Lyrics: Olive Tree 作词∶三毛 作曲∶李泰祥 编曲∶Kenn C. 不要问我从哪里来 我的故乡在远方 为什麽流浪 流浪远方 流浪 为了天空飞翔的小鸟 为了山间清流的小溪 为了宽阔的草原 流浪远方 流浪 还有 还有 为了梦中的橄榄树 橄榄树 不要问我从哪里来 我的故乡在远方 为什麽流浪 为什麽流浪远方 为了我梦中的橄榄树 不要问我从哪里来 我的故乡在远方 为什麽流浪 流浪远方 流浪 Tear Letter 我已经 已经把我伤口化作玫瑰 我的泪水 已经变成雨水早已轮回 我已经 已经把对白流成了永远 忘了天色 究竟是黑是灰 分手伤了谁 谁把它变美 我的眼泪写成了诗已无所谓 让你再回味 字不醉人人自醉 因为回忆 总是美 我已经 已经把绝情变成了恭维 因为不配 你就忽然自卑说声失陪 我已经 已经把沉默变成了忏悔 无路可退 只能无言以对 分手伤了谁 谁把它变美 我的眼泪写成了诗已无所谓 让你再回味 字不醉人人自醉 因为回忆 总是美 分手伤了谁 谁把它变美 我的眼泪写成了诗一首无所谓 让你再回味 字不醉人人自醉 你的品味 总是美 Leave a comment or something if you liked or disliked it. :D

Guest fantasiimaker

=DD yay yay yay~ you finally fulfilled my request ^^

Tear - hehe woot for oneshots XD (cute pic on this one~) I really like how you sang it, without mimicking Sun's ^^ Your voice has such a mature, emotional touch to it in this song...beautiful ;__; Amaaaazing oneshot. Thank you so much!! I'm completely satisfied <3

Olive - Omg just when I thought things couldn't get beautiful-er T__T

When the song started, it reminded me of wispy gray smoke/fog billowing across layered hills XD God. This is crazily beautiful. I think it's one of my favorites from you now. Ok I have nothing else to say ;_; *repeats*

omg I wonder if you could sing the mandarin version of Endless Story (original by Yuna Ito)?? I bet it'd be amazing *__* If you want to, I can send the chinese version, and I think you have the japanese instru 8D

*edit: XDDD I'm first for once~ *happy*

Guest _MaJa_1234

Olive Tree: You started off kind of shaky but then you got right into the feel of this song. Your voice sounds soothing but not to the point where it's airy. I like the emotion you put into it. Did u do the harmonies as well? If so, then u did great on those XD. I love it!

Tear Letter: You pick the most beautiful songsssssss christ girl. I don't even know what to say about this clip. It sounds soooooo goood. U don't even know! hahaha. Seriously!!!

LOL @ Lisaaa ~~~~ Hahaha thanks babe for the bump and the comments. :D I LOVE YOUUU! <333

damnalky - 谢啦!

Maja - you're halirious! :P I didn't do the harmonies.. they were already in the karaoke I used... ><;;

Nana - can't wait to see your comments ~ <33333333

Guest yslimed

yeah~! surprise to see her name here.. haha

眼泪成诗 is really a very nice and sad song...

i have most of her albums.. i only missed out 2 album iirc :P

and btw,

her name is Stefanie and not Stephanie :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hsiang84

Thanx for letting me hear Olive Tree again in so long.

It's really a classic.

I liked Tear Letter better tho.

It's SUCH a beautiful song. I love how it sounds so Classical Asian, ya know.

There were some really well sung parts in this song (chorus I think)

Those parts are also the parts where you sounded like you're most into it.

I think you have a lot of potential with this song. This sounds like just the type of song for your clear smooth voice.

Some slight pitch problems here and there.

One other thing that took me a while to figure out, is that you sound really airy.

Dunno if that's what you intended, but it sounds like you let out excess air when singing.

Try to control your breathing a little more and I believe that might give you better control with each note.

These are just my opinion.

Hope your stuffed nose is getting better.

Guest raspberylotion22

nice nice~ i can definitely hear the emtion you put into yan lei cheng shi. especially in the chorus. i love your vibratos and how you sound when you sing lower notes.

=]

• 2 months later...
Guest tian`tian

Hi :) just wanted to say that you sang Olive Tree BEAUTIFULLY!!

Yan Lei Cheng Shi was a bit too choppy for the feel of it especially in the beginning, but it was great! :)

Archived