Ask The Fellas

Guest haruno_xiah

JayCy90 said: I just like to ask if a guy gave a girl his shirt as a farewell gift, does it necessarily mean something?
Well, we are just friends. He's from another state and he recently came up. He stayed over my place for a few nights and I did offer my place for him to stay if he ever comes up since I do have a spare room for guests. After sending him off on the last day, he texted me to get something he left in the room. He left his shirt for me, saying that he just realized that he didn't get any farewell gift for me. He actually wore it earlier this morning for a couple of hours. The shirt is new and it was his first time wearing it.
I do buy and wear guys shirt on a daily basis (nearly). I bought the same shirt of the same size in another colour when we went out shopping when he was around. So, I'm just wondering, it is just a gift or does it mean anything?

Guest rinnyrules

JayCy90 said: I just like to ask if a guy gave a girl his shirt as a farewell gift, does it necessarily mean something?
Well, we are just friends. He's from another state and he recently came up. He stayed over my place for a few nights and I did offer my place for him to stay if he ever comes up since I do have a spare room for guests. After sending him off on the last day, he texted me to get something he left in the room. He left his shirt for me, saying that he just realized that he didn't get any farewell gift for me. He actually wore it earlier this morning for a couple of hours. The shirt is new and it was his first time wearing it.
I do buy and wear guys shirt on a daily basis (nearly). I bought the same shirt of the same size in another colour when we went out shopping when he was around. So, I'm just wondering, it is just a gift or does it mean anything?

Guest cristolephe

seoxxoxo said:

So long story short; I wanna give my bf a present & I don't know what to get him. Guys, do you guys prefer sedimental or materialistic gifts?

And this is a 'out of the blue/coming  back from China' and 100 days gift so nothing pricey. What would you guys like to receive?

I want to do those paper star things but I feel like they're overdone now-a-days. Any suggestions? Thanks c:

Guest Tofu_Cloud

if a girl initiates first....

a pretty girl approaches you and ends up giving you her contact...
your first impression: she's either a player or gold-digger

no? yes? 

Guest ikweli

^ill just think shes just interested and/or finds me attractive. too unfair to judge her so quickly just because shes a girl attempting a "guys move". i fking love it when girls initiate, i love challenging girls in their confidence game

Guest JayCy90

@haruno_xiah That's what I thought too. It would be more appropriate to say thanks. We're just friends though. So, maybe he's just being really sweet. He's overall a very nice person. Haha Probably too nice in this case.
@rinnyrules I see.. I didn't put much thought into it as I don't think we're anywhere near to move to the next stage. Just wondering do guys give shirts etc casually to a friend, cause I wouldn't give any guy my shirts (although I do have a lot of guy shirts with me) unless it's my bf or something.  

seoxxoxo

said:

So long story short; I wanna give my bf a present & I don't know what to get him. Guys, do you guys prefer sedimental or materialistic gifts?

And this is a 'out of the blue/coming  back from China' and 100 days gift so nothing pricey. What would you guys like to receive?

I want to do those paper star things but I feel like they're overdone now-a-days. Any suggestions? Thanks c:

Guest cristolephe

Tofu_Cloud said: if a girl initiates first....

a pretty girl approaches you and ends up giving you her contact...
your first impression: she's either a player or gold-digger

no? yes? 

Guest Dreaming-sailor

I don't know if you guys remember, but I've posted about this guy before numerous times. We're sort of in a fwb type of relationship and last I talked with him about our 'relationship' (not recently), he liked me but not enough to date me.

Anyways, on to what I wanted to ask. Does it mean anything if he introduced me to some of his close friends?

He told me to stay at his house the day that I visited him and wait until he got home from work because we hadn't  had a chance to see each other in awhile due to a temporary job he picked up. Just before he got off work, he texted me and asked me whether I wanted to meet his friends since it was also the last day he could see some of them (as three out of the six were departing the country the next day). Now usually when friends of his unexpectedly turn up to his house, I'm just expected to remain inside his room that or he'd try and avoid them coming over at all.

Obviously our relationship up until now has been quite secretive. However, if he wanted it to remain that way wouldn't he avoid a situation like this at all cost? I mean, wouldn't of his friends find it weird/suspicious that there was a girl in his room/house all day alone while he wasn't at work?  Not to mention that he was by my side most of the night while we were with his friends.

Dreaming-sailor

said: I don't know if you guys remember, but I've posted about this guy before numerous times. We're sort of in a fwb type of relationship and last I talked with him about our 'relationship' (not recently), he liked me but not enough to date me.

Anyways, on to what I wanted to ask. Does it mean anything if he introduced me to some of his close friends?

He told me to stay at his house the day that I visited him and wait until he got home from work because we hadn't  had a chance to see each other in awhile due to a temporary job he picked up. Just before he got off work, he texted me and asked me whether I wanted to meet his friends since it was also the last day he could see some of them (as three out of the six were departing the country the next day). Now usually when friends of his unexpectedly turn up to his house, I'm just expected to remain inside his room that or he'd try and avoid them coming over at all.

Obviously our relationship up until now has been quite secretive. However, if he wanted it to remain that way wouldn't he avoid a situation like this at all cost? I mean, wouldn't of his friends find it weird/suspicious that there was a girl in his room/house all day alone while he wasn't at work?  Not to mention that he was by my side most of the night while we were with his friends.

Of course i would like to hear i love you but if you wanna be upfront just say you have no feel for him(romantically) but if you want to solve it amicably than you could say something like you dont wish to get into a relationship at the moment or you already like another guy..

@Diina

do you think that what you're doing currently is better than talking about it? avoiding it and making it out to be a joke... to him this is a mockery of serious business. I know it's hard to tell him otherwise, but isn't it ironic that it's easier to do something with potentially worse consequences? it's like procrastination. So you should tell him and talk to him about it. Do you think he really would stop being your friend if you rejected him also? And each time you laugh it off, you are already rejecting him, just in a different manner, a manner that makes him annoyed rather than sad. Furthermore, prolonging this is also ending your friendship already in a different way. He's going to acting differently than before he ever brought this up. From now on, to be his "friend" you'll have to endure this side of him until you reject it. You still can't be normal friends as before even if you don't go ahead and just reject him. Just assure him that when you do, you'll still be his best friend and always be there for him, that it's ok and you can do that even without being his girlfriend.

^ I tend to always say this but if the situation was switched and your best friend you have liked for years just made a joke after you had build up courage and confessed to him. How will you feel?

I know you said you dont want to lose the friendship but something has to give. If you care about him you should think about how all this is making him feel. You dont want to hurt him but by avoiding the whole thing you already are.

Its time to be straight with him.

Guys if you always drive a girl home who lives 12 minutes away from you but aren't actually that close to her (in terms of friendship) does it mean you are interested in her? Car conversations are usually about work, school and life. Considering you are a guy who is smart, very politically correct and not flirty at all?

Guest HERMIT

yokoya LL said: Guys if you always drive a girl home who lives 12 minutes away from you but aren't actually that close to her (in terms of friendship) does it mean you are interested in her? Car conversations are usually about work, school and life. Considering you are a guy who is smart, very politically correct and not flirty at all?