~hair Extention~

lin

anyone got them done?? I have them on now....
Well....

over the past summer, I've done so many things to my hair.... dyed/highlights/streaks... my hair got really damanged... I had to trim/cut of the ends so my hair can re-cover much faster that way...and Im still trying to grow my hair out...

Spring/Summer is here and I want to do something to my hair again but because my hair is still not long enough or it's not to the lenght I want it to be yet... I didn't want to pay so much money to get it done because that just mean that more hair is going to get chop off and Im trying to grow it out.

and so I decided to go and get some hair extention for the time being... I had never had this done before nore seen it done on someone before...

I went to the beauty shop and ask the korean girl what is the difference in the hair extention.. she said that it's the quality... she first gave me the ones that cost like around $100 bucks and she said that those are the better brand and quality... it should last up to 6 months... but because of the price I was like... 'do you have anything cheaper than that, say like around $30 to $50'.... she then gave me something a little bit in the lower quality and it will last up to 3 to 4 months. I bought 2 pack, one light brown and 1 darkish blond. I also bought the glue as well because I was just planning on having one of my friend glue the extention into my hair...

So I came home and was telling my sister that I went and bought some extention and my sister told me that she knows this one girl who can come to your house and weav it into your hair for only $100. I hesitating, not sure if I wanted to sew the extention into my hair because I've never done that before and I was scare that it might trun out ugly... or I won't look good in it. But I decided to go through with it.

The lady came over yesterday.... I told her that I wanted her to blend the colors into make it look like I have highlights/streaks in my hair.... the total process took about 4 hours... 2 hours to cronroll my hair and 2 hours to sew the extention into my hair. During the process I was scare and I was thinking 'what if it makes me look weird, what it this.. what it that came up' but I sat there waiting patiently...

When she was done... I feel like I was wearing a helmet or something... and when I felt my head, it felt so pouffy and it felt weird. The lady was like, do you want to see the results... I was like YES....

I ran to the bathroom and looked into the mirror 'OH MY GOSH' it was beautiful... I was speechless it truned out so nice and beautiful.... the colors blend in so well... it was as if I went to the salon to get my hair streaks...

So I will try to wear them for as long as I can... but Im not sure how long I can do that because MY HEAD HURTS LIKE A MO FO right now... with the TIGHT CRONROLLS/TIGHT WEAVING... my eyes look like this \ _ / because of the PULL... so I'm not even sure if I can leave it in for a week... I give them girls/guys who wears cronrolls lots of props because oh my gosh... it hurts a lot.... you can feel your head pounding as your heart beat...

I'll post up some picture later when I get home from work... If anyone has got extention b4.. please share your story...

*BEFORE*

clubbing pix...

lindakh8.jpg

*AFTER*

dsc02071on0.jpg

dsc02085hx4.jpg

dsc02087sg7.jpg

dsc02086hc4.jpg

Guest mz.carolyn

Do you mean cornrows when you say cronrolls?

And nahh I've never gotten extensions.

But now I'm kind of afraid to try =p

I'm sure your head will feel better though. Maybe you've never had anything extreme done to it before? I got my hair braided in Jamaica once...the skin on my head was pulled SOOO tight. I was like T_T afterwards.

Anyways, hopefully someone else can help you ^^;;

Guest husssh

ooooooh wow. you got tracks, extentions the black way. =X hahaha but anywhooo i usually put in extentions for the fun of it myself. =)

like you i buy the glue too and i just split my hair in different sections i want long or more hair and glue on the extentions.

glueing it on yourself really isn't hard, and you don't have a "helmet" on your head.. it's only in a few areas of your head.. i was gona

do a tutorial of this but i got lazy earlier.. maybe i should do it. lol. oohh and i was jw, if your hair's already damaged, wouldn't

it get more damaged if you get it cornrolled and not wash it for like.. weeks/months? besides.. we do have asian hair. since your hair's

so damaged, i suggest you let it breathe and condition it very well, and glueing on the extentions would be a better option for you.

and with glue you can remove it and put it back on every other day so it doesn't kill your hair as bad. ^.~

ooooooh wow. you got tracks, extentions the black way. =X hahaha but anywhooo i usually put in extentions for the fun of it myself. =)

like you i buy the glue too and i just split my hair in different sections i want long or more hair and glue on the extentions.

glueing it on yourself really isn't hard, and you don't have a "helmet" on your head.. it's only in a few areas of your head.. i was gona

do a tutorial of this but i got lazy earlier.. maybe i should do it. lol. oohh and i was jw, if your hair's already damaged, wouldn't

it get more damaged if you get it cornrolled and not wash it for like.. weeks/months? besides.. we do have asian hair. since your hair's

so damaged, i suggest you let it breathe and condition it very well, and glueing on the extentions would be a better option for you.

and with glue you can remove it and put it back on every other day so it doesn't kill your hair as bad. ^.~

that's what I was wondering as well.... the lady said it's alright if I wash my hair like every other day... I don't know...

Came to work today and everyone was like WOW wat you do to your hair... it looks so REAL... I told them I went and got extention :P

Do you mean cornrows when you say cronrolls?

And nahh I've never gotten extensions.

But now I'm kind of afraid to try =p

I'm sure your head will feel better though. Maybe you've never had anything extreme done to it before? I got my hair braided in Jamaica once...the skin on my head was pulled SOOO tight. I was like T_T afterwards.

Anyways, hopefully someone else can help you ^^;;

I guess I spelled it wrong... cronrows is what I meant to say...

oh wow, how can you stand not washing your hair for months? O_o

please post pics!

No, you can still wash your hear... not just every single day as how you use to. I don't even wash my hair every single day anyways... because of the natural oil your hair produce to make it more healthy... I wash my hair every other day...

So I can still wash the hair, the extention are real hair and so you can treat it as your own... Like this morning I flat iron it so it will blend in with my own little hair which is left on top so it can cover up the extention.

Guest x3mango

Wow that's pretty cool. What do you sew it into your hair? Like..through your scalp? or how? I never got the idea of how people wear extenesions.

Have pictures? POST THEM! We would love eto see it!

Guest L*A*U*R*A

Wow that's pretty cool. What do you sew it into your hair? Like..through your scalp? or how? I never got the idea of how people wear extenesions.

I saw it done on America's next top model!! Lol - basically they pull up the top half of the hair and tie it up (this will be the "real" hair that covers up the extensions below)

Then they braid the leftover bottom half of hair into cornrows. Tracks of hair extensions are layed against the cornrows and are literally sewed into them with thread and needle (the fake hair is sewed into the cornrows - not the scalp >.< owwie!!! lol) The whole process hurts tremendously bc the braids are done extremely close to the scalp so as to get a natural look once the real hair is laid back down on top of the new fake hair.

Guest XTINE__

LOL, they still hurt? I don't think they're still suppose to hurt are they? HAHA, this reminds me of Britney from this season of America's Next Top Model; her braids were too tight, so they hurt.

All i know is, when doing extensions, the REAL hair is always better, but those are the ones that cost the most. There's the cheaper kinds, with fake artificial man-made hair, which is like.. basically wearing a wig.

What I would've done is just went to the professional and get that one long band of hair, where they glue it at the bottom of your hairline, where it ends... Rawr, I don't know how to explain it, but you get what I mean.

Well, I hope you can post a pic of what your hair looks like now.

Ok I posted the pictures up...

Yes you sew it into your hair... what they do is... they braid your hair into cronrows/cornrolls etc... and then they get the extention and starts sewing it into your hair... I posted the pix so you can see how they do it...

wow, they look natural

i order extension recently too

but mine are clip on ~

they look natural... feel natural because they are 100% real human hair and it cost $50 a pack... so it better look natural or else I won't be paying that much for nothing...

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

it looks nice

i thought you cut your hair really short

but actually it was pretty long to begin with

Guest XTINE__

Holy guacamole, your hair is so long now! lol.

But yeah, it came out pretty nice.

I like how you got highlights. =)

But in the 'before' pic, it seems as though your hair was pretty long to begin with.

Guest chibilala

O.O most people look like your "BEFORE" pic AFTER they get extensions hahaha. But it looks great!! I hope it stops hurting soon x_x

Guest viffaye

it looks nice and natural (:

ive never seen those type of extensions before OO "

the extensions ive seen are those ones where they have a metal piece

and they like clip the extension onto your hair

lasts for like a few weeks

and the another one ive seen is when they have plastic

and this burning thingy

and the plastic melts onto your hair

so it sticks

Archived