Kpop Artistes' Stage Names

Guest chaserj7

1TYM

1 Time For Your Mind. Pronounced "One Time". In my opinion, they've got the coolest band name in kpop.. isn't it great when your band's acronym name is pronounced the same as the non-acronym?

5tion

Pronounced "Ocean". '5' in Korean is pronounced as "oh".

Bi / Rain

His real name is Jeung Ji Hoon. Because he wants people to remember him when it rains; and also because he writes songs on rainy days so his music teacher called him Rain.

G.O.D

Groove Overdose. Pretty cool.

JNC

J-Walk and Click-B. It was a group project for a while.

JTL

Jang Woo Hyuk, Tony Ahn, Lee Jae Won. They chose their band name in the same way as S.E.S. They're 3 out of 5 members of the disbanded H.O.T.

Kang Ta

It means "Strong Hit". His real name is Ahn Cheul Hyun.

M

Lee Min Woo of Shinhwa. And also because he collaborated with four companies whose names start with 'M': MSN, M.net, MAC and Megapass.

Se7en

He was the seventh member of the YG family, thus the name.

Shinhwa

It means "Legend" or "Myth". Shinhwa member, Junjin's real name is Park Choong Jae. Junjin means "(Moving) Forward".

Shin Hye Sung

His real name is Jung Pil Gyo. "Hye Sung" means "comet".

I love 1TYM's name too..

I didn't know SE7EN'S stage name was se7en. I always thought he loved that number. :)

YG sure is picky about their talents. 5tion.. hahah.. never knew it was pronounced like that..

interesting names..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest paulinee

I thought se7en was called se7en because he has six sisters or something. Ok maybe not.

I thought Rain named himself "rain" because he loved the rain?

And TSZQ: Chun Moo Stephanie's last name isn't Chun, i heard it was Kim. Lina's korean name is JiYeon, Sunday's name is Bora(?), and I don't know about Dana...

Guest suejinners

Even though Boa is Boa´s real name (full = Boa Kwon) they made up a meaning for her name. BoA = Beat of Asia...

yeah Boa's name is reallly her real name.

i thought it was Beat of Angel. lol they changed it I guess.

K's real name is Kang Yoon Sung

Ivy's real name is Park eun Hye

Hong Kyung Min's real name is Hong Sung Min .. hong kyung min flows better...

i dont know why they changed their names though

Guest YEHJIN.

SE7EN: i heard that he and YG were at a restaurant and then they started talking about kimchi and stuff.. and how there were 7 kinds. thus the name. or maybe not. just what i heard...

pretty interesting though ^^

i thought se7en's name had something to do with 7 kimchee types too? he was counting and he thought of a name? haah inono -__- heard it somewhere

Guest trashstar

really? se7en's the seventh member of YG? o.O

i thought his name was derived some other way. i heard somewhere else that they got the name when he and yanggoon were eating something and there were seven pieces of it or something o.O

Guest Charomatic

yeah Boa's name is reallly her real name.

i thought it was Beat of Angel. lol they changed it I guess.

K's real name is Kang Yoon Sung

Ivy's real name is Park eun Hye

Hong Kyung Min's real name is Hong Sung Min .. hong kyung min flows better...

i dont know why they changed their names though

I´ve heard both, Beat of Angel and Beat of Asia XD... Maybe when BoA started to gain popularity in other asian countries they changed it to Beat of Asia lol...

Guest GDlovesBEE

1TYM

1 Time For Your Mind. Pronounced "One Time". In my opinion, they've got the coolest band name in kpop.. isn't it great when your band's acronym name is pronounced the same as the non-acronym?

SOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

WELL AS WE ALL SHOULD KNOW, ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS TOO

JINUSEAN IS JUST THE TWO MEMBERS JINU AND SEAN. LOL.

LEXY IS ACTUALLY NOT HER REAL NAME, AND IT STANDS FOR LUXURIOUS AND SEXY. COOL HUH?

G-DRAGONIM THE GD FAN, BUT I DONT KNOW. IM GUEESING DRAGON HAS TO DO WITH HIS CHINESES HORISCOPE SINCE HE WAS BORN IN 1988 AND 88S ARE DRAGONS.

YB TAEKWON DONTKNOW ABOUT THE TAEKWON, BUT YB IS HIS NAME, YEONG BAE. LOL.

-BEE

Guest mango.baby

i thought bi got his name because of something about how he's like the rain when he dances or something? it was in an article or something.

IVY= female bi. in korean the bi is pronounced the same way as the "vy". hence i am bi. it was supposed to be na-bi, because na in korean means me, but the company or something thought it would be easy to make fun of because nabi means butterfly in korean, so people would call her an insect or something.

shin hye sung was changed from jung pil gyo. shin = new. hye sung = star. hence, new star. plus, the original name is really kind of -___-

same with park choong jae and chae-yeon's name jin sook. they're like the name sam-soon...it just doesn't sound pretty. the name is too full.

and chun moo stephanie. chun moo means heavenly dance. because she dances like crazy..

Chun Sang Ji Hee came from their names.

CHUN moo (stephanie)

SANG mi (lina)

JI sung (sunday)

HEE yul (dana)

i think these are their real names

Guest pinklegirl007

IVY= female bi. in korean the bi is pronounced the same way as the "vy". hence i am bi. it was supposed to be na-bi, because na in korean means me, but the company or something thought it would be easy to make fun of because nabi means butterfly in korean, so people would call her an insect or something.

Sorry, as much as I like Ivy, that is so dumb if its true.... so she basically named herself after another singer, and a singer like Bi?? Bi is cool and all, but he's definitely not legendary enough for other singers to be named after him.... so I doubt it... Ivy is an American name, they could have just made it cuz it was a unique name... Besides, there is already a Korean singer named Nabi... I really hope Ivy didn't name herself from Bi....

Archived