Sm Entertainment

Guest banggutbanggut3

Guest XxMariannexX

^Yeah..I don't think many people usually know these things for a fact (no offense or anything). Not even me but for now I choose to believe certain things.. I guess I'm being hopeful.. Someone told me they're just "observing" too. But I find it unnecessary to spend so much money just observing and comparing. I know that's how Entertainment can be sometimes but of course SM still has to be looking for something while giving so much of their time. So maybe we could be that something. *shrugs*

But I have to disagree when you say SM is "actually kinda poor". Sure, they spend a lot of money. But I think they both, spend a lot and have a lot. They invested money in BoA, CSJH, SuJu, and TVXQ, etc..and I'm sure have made tons of money because of them as well. They spend money on open auditons every single Saturday, they provide training, shelter, food, and clothes for about 30 official trainees and the something-hundred paying students over at Starlight Academy. Despite the outside of the SM building looking not so good due to fan graffiti, the inside is beautiful. But even though they may give out contracts and spend so much on people, if I'm not mistaken..those people will eventually have to pay them back. They lose it, they make it.

And although it is really difficult to get into SM, it's not impossible. I don't know, I'm not sure what goes on in a judge's mind or what goes in Mr. Lee Soo Man's clever mind.

Anyway..Best of luck for when you audition. =] I'll be auditioning too but my family also doesn't approve..=/

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fanturntable

i dont get why people are saying there's grafiti all over the sm building

from when i went (in the summer 2006) there was no grafitti at all.

just a faded yellow builiding

thats on one of the rich streets of seoul

Guest .rainie

Could you just audition for dancing?

Yeah, I think there's a dance category... @@" Yeah.

I doubt SM Ent.'s poor haha, 'cuz then.. that would suck.

You'd be tricked into a 10 year contract

&& have to suffer under a water diet and 4 hour sleeps .____."

hohoho jk jk~

Guest VitaDolce*

x.cheska: i went there early this year. yeah there ARE a lot of writings :P

i'm sorry but what's this poll for? : http://www.ilikepop.com/audition i really need to know :P thanks! ^-^

I notice that too. But do they still update that?

and the registration for foreigners is not working ><

Guest pxmxm

I want to be a part of SM but I am kinda scared that they will reject or sumthin

so i'm pretty sure that i will try out this year but first i have to learn korean:D

1. If you were in SM Entertainment, and was an artist, getting ready to debut, would you be a:

I don't mind so.... both is ok

2. So, if you were in a girl/boy group or a solo singer, what would you name yourself/your group?

I have no idea

3. What genre would you pick?

A. Pop

B. R&B

C. Hip-hop

D. Dance

F. Rapping

G. Other

H. Multiple choice (give the choices, i.e., R&B and pop)

H. I want to do acapella (if i am in a group), R&B, Ballad, Hip-Hop, Dance..... BASICALLY EVERYTHING

4. What age would you like to debut (if you were able to choose when to debut) ?

I'm pretty young right now so probably when I am 16 or 17..?

Guest .rainie

^

Let's hope so :mellow:

More chance for us!! *w*

From last year's audition, it looked like they were more interested in guys..

Guest ixLoveXse7en

Could you just audition for dancing?

yea, I did. But if you can really good they are going to asked you can sing. When they asked me to sing I was all like red and wtf??

Guest Pinkychan

dun take my words but msot entertainments say that guys has more of an advantage then girls or somthing XD

I dont know why.. but it sux -.-;;

If the they are coming to the city, what should you get ready if you wanna be a model? Photos? How many photo's?

uhmm for modeling jsut think of 3 posses and thast it... they dun take any pictures of you only record ><

but i think when i did that.. they didn't even record me -.-;; I wasn't paying attention >< lol i think since were weerer the alst place to audition they starteed to run out of tapes.. so they didn't tape some people.

but I reallly really recomend you do somthing else , unless you really really tall and suuupeerrr pretty

I did modelign last eyar.. man I regretted it sooo much ` *i had already explained why not to do modeling unless yah ~ *

because when you first walk in that room, the judges check you out so why bother doing modeling its a waste of auditioning kinda xD, well thast what i thought.. and I was really upset after i got out of that room, same wiht my friend.rainie, so maybe go for sining, acting, or dancing insteadd. I'm not really stopign you fgrom doign w/e youw ant but if you feel thast the way to go then go for it ~~~

!

Guest jiyuhnn

okay so heres my thought:

SM may not have money or not but lets just forget about that.

EVERYONE

knows that if your not pretty you will NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT get into SM.

:] okay. so thats done with.

hmm i think they also look at your parents too.. to see what you might look like in the FUTURE. like my friend she got accepted to SM. and they said that if she came back to korea theyre still open for her to be a trainee blah blah blah uhmm but shes not THAT pretty but her mom is.. and so they might think well her mom is blah blah blah so she might become like her.. ?? make sense??

and the REASON they train you so much [i think] is because you got the beauty.. you got some dancing skills but your vocal skills? we need to work on them.. cause if they didnt .. think about how much people are bashing them ALREADY. and HAVE BEEN. it would have been WORSE if they couldnt sing..

and if your wondering whats pretty to SM?

look at boa and then look at jessica.

the typical "krn" style.

but its frustrating cause EVERYONE in the ent. business looks like that..

we need some NEW faces.

.. -- grrr. okay uhmm xD

yeah back to sm. ill say this again.. i might not have said it in this thread but w.e.

why do you want to become a singer ANYWAY??

think about all the stuff that you have to give up

and do you want to sing for the rest of your life?

do you want people trying to kill you ? [ crazy fans ]

people stalking you?

not even dating the people you want to ?

OH ANOTHER THING .

i think its also because a lot of kids they get in.. and train for awhile but drop out.

Guest lovejoo

^ "EVERYONE

:] okay. so thats done with. "

um.

i disagree.

no offense but most of the girls in the

new 9-girl group (whats the name again?) are not pretty.

Guest YELL;OH

^ "EVERYONE

:] okay. so thats done with. "

um.

i disagree.

no offense but most of the girls in the

new 9-girl group (whats the name again?) are not pretty.

by korean standards, they are.

korean girls have a tendency to all look... rather the same. NOT that it's always a bad thing. but there is a 'stereotypical' korean look.

Guest kerorororo

^i actually agree with that; the members of the new 9-member girl group (so nyuh shi dae) are pretty by korean standards...i think they're quite pretty too, although i question whether most of them have gotten surgery or not :ph34r:

anyways- silent reader popping up ^___^ i was wondering if you had to do anything pre-global audition to...sign up for it or something? because in one of the previous posts (I'M SORRY i'm lazy ;__;) a soompier said something about e-mailing sm and then receiving a reply (something about seeing the applicant at the global auditions)? <-- i'm not good at...expressing my thoughts, but I'd really like to attend this year's global auditions but i don't want to show up only to be turned away because i didn't do something in advance that i was supposed to do. if that makes sense. yes. o_o

Guest .rainie

and if your wondering whats pretty to SM?

look at boa and then look at jessica.

the typical "krn" style.

Hah, that's kinda.. not good.

Maybe it's BECAUSE all korean girls look the same, they're doing a GLOBAL audition? :lol:

Guest 사랑競文

well some of you think the girls in the new girl group arent pretty...

But they arent ugly..

Besides, i think that pretty thing can be a bit untrue..

Some people in SM, pre-debut, werent pretty/good looking at all.

sooo i guess it depends. =p

Guest chocomint11

actually, they're not.

if you haven't noticed sm is actually kinda poor...

they lost a lot of money by offering contracts to their trainees and investing money in boa, csjh, super junior, tvxq, etc.

and they don't do global auditions to search for "talent".

the reason why they do this is so they can compare unknown singers in foreign countries to the ones they have.. (i heard this somewhere but i forgot so please excuse me if i phrased thiss wrong)

unless you're supperrrrr talented extremely good-looking don't think that you're gonna be accepted...

sm doesn't wanna give out contracts to just anybody...

i think once the new artist group debuts, that's when more auditions will take place because they're gonna lose a lot of trainees...

that's probably when i'm gonna audition even though my family doesn't approve... :(

if u went inside the building, its pretty decently nice. there were huge plasma tv screens and mod conference rooms. >.>

and they may or may not have been doing the globals for "comparison", but i have been asked why i havent auditioned for them when they went to chicago. kinda lyk... accusation in a way. o_O kinda lyk, we might've been interested. x_x (beaver, i should've gone ㅠㅠ)

i dont get why people are saying there's grafiti all over the sm building

from when i went (in the summer 2006) there was no grafitti at all.

just a faded yellow builiding

thats on one of the rich streets of seoul

when i went, i saw a bunchhh of grafitti. o_O all over it. completely covered in sm artists' names. but i mean, from afar it kinda does look plain yellow and so i guess it could've been overlooked?

Guest lovejoo

by korean standards, they are.

korean girls have a tendency to all look... rather the same. NOT that it's always a bad thing. but there is a 'stereotypical' korean look.

oic haha :ph34r::ph34r: im not korean so yea >_<

they have like a average look in my opinion >_<

im not bashing them guys dont kill mee :blush:

i cant wait for their debut ^________^

Archived