Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

Guest JzzMeen

Happy Wednesday to all....hope you all have a good day and keep smiling though life is not always a bed of roses..:D

First, I would like to thank all of you that shared Min Young news, your thoughts or even lurking in this thread. " Sharing is Caring...."

@renelhuang It's okay... we can't be so demanding right... it is a voluntary work... so the translator has other important things to do..

we, Min Young fans need to have high level of patience.... it is grateful enough that someone wants to do the translation... it is better late than never...right.....:D

for the English subbed City Hunter... I think there will be a sub group who will take up this drama because Lee Min Ho is quite popular... and I know Chinese kdrama translators release CHI sub quite fast.. if the Eng sub is not ready yet, we can always see RAW and I hope there will someone who wil do episode summaries...

I believe our problem is more on articles or news on Min Young ... :(

@yamashi02  PMY n LMH had an advertisement before... If I'm not mistaken it was a pizza ad....then they had "I am SAM" . So CH is their third project. I think they know each other... but they do not keep in touch.. with her warm personality... I think she can be friends with anyone..

Share an article from AllKpop... only posted MY's part, for the whole of article just click the link....

The Article

Lee Min Ho talks about idols in dramas at ‘City Hunter’ press conference

On the other hand, actress Park Min Young spoke of her concerns about her acting transformation. She explained,

This is a work that 9 out of 10 opposed. It is a strong work with actions scenes and a strong melodramatic nature. But because I have failed with a melodramatic work in the past, it was hard to take on this challenge. However, I do not worry about whether or not this work will be a big hit. I made my choice according to my heart’s prompting…

I think I get a more competitive mindset when I hear that things can’t do well. ‘City Hunter’ is a work I chose with a competitive mindset… I am practicing a lot for the acting scenes. It feels good to throw down the tall Lee Min Ho.

Credit : AllKpop

:sweatingbullets: Wow.. 9 out of 10 opposed ????? I think her experience with "Ja Myung Go" is quite bad right... and after this drama that made her lose her confidence in doing drama and she didn't do any drama for a year ...

But I wonder who is the ONLY person who didn't oppose !!!!!!!!

Just a piece of news from City Hunter conference...

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/stview.htm?idxno=2011051716373317027

이준혁, "이상형은 박민영?

( Lee Joon Hyuk's ideal woman is Park Min Young???)

Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't read korean and I just used google translate...=D

*I think a lot of guys she had worked with consider her as their ideal type, they just don't reveal it to avoid scandal *coughYooAhIn*

Guest JzzMeen

Just to share something from SOOMPI City Hunter drama thread.. to those who haven't checked that thread out ...

Lee Min Ho: "Park Min Young is a friend, Gu Ha Ra is a younger sister, Hwang Seon Hee is profound and mysterious" Concerning PMY, who's the object of his affection in the drama, he comments "I first met her becoz of commercial filming when i was 20, later on we worked together for KBS2's 'i am sam', so i feel very comfortable working with her." He comments on Gu Ha Ra who chases after him in the drama, "Actually I am one of those who thought that an idol will be lacking in acting skills. I went through the pains as a newbie and attended many auditions. I used to think that perhaps idols have it easier (referring to getting roles). However, after working with Im Seul Ong (of MBC's 'Personal Taste') and Gu Ha Ra, I started to realize that they actually put in tremendous effort and work in their roles. "Ha Ra-yang is very bright and will come out well," said LMH. About Hwang Seon Hee, he said, "there's something mysterious and profound about her. There's more that I anticipate from her rather than feeling that I have to take care of her," he explained.

According to Park Min Young, "I was worried bcoz I'm too familiar with LMH. The people around us know each other such that even though we don't keep in contact, we know what's happening to each other," revealing their closeness. However, "the two who are supposed to create a romance met for the first time without any spark of thrill or curiosity towards the other party. Usually during the first meeting, one would say 'Annyeong haseyo? (hello) but he didn't even stand up and simply said, 'you've come?' making me worried as to how i'm going to create a melodrama with him." She continued saying "Five years is a long time for us. I see a different side of him and how he has matured a lot. He matches City Hunter more than anyone else. (Translator's Note: I edited the previous sentence coz this is a more accurate translation as gleaned from other news writeups.) LMH is by nature kind and thoughtful. Amongst the other partners I've worked with, he seems the most comfortable with acting." (Translator's note: sorry I corrected the translation)

Credit : Sports Seoul  

Credit and thanks to Webby of City Hunter thread for the translation...

Link to watch Min Young during City Hunter Press Conference. TheStar

I love the interactions between her and co-stars...

And I love this 10minutes trailer for City Hunter , Watch Here

I'm not sure about the genre of this drama... but according to news... through google  translator it is melodrama action ???:unsure:

Though I'm not keen with melodrama ... I'll watch it because Min Young in there ....

Edited : to Yamashi02... it is from Soompi- Drama thread.... SOOMPI CITY HUNTER

Just to share something from City Hunter drama thread.. to those who haven't checked that thread out ...

Lee Min Ho: "Park Min Young is a friend, Gu Ha Ra is a younger sister, Hwang Seon Hee is profound and mysterious" Concerning PMY, who's the object of his affection in the drama, he comments "I first met her becoz of commercial filming when i was 20, later on we worked together for KBS2's 'i am sam', so i feel very comfortable working with her." He comments on Gu Ha Ra who chases after him in the drama, "Actually I am one of those who thought that an idol will be lacking in acting skills. I went through the pains as a newbie and attended many auditions. I used to think that perhaps idols have it easier (referring to getting roles). However, after working with Im Seul Ong (of MBC's 'Personal Taste') and Gu Ha Ra, I started to realize that they actually put in tremendous effort and work in their roles. "Ha Ra-yang is very bright and will come out well," said LMH. About Hwang Seon Hee, he said, "there's something mysterious and profound about her. There's more that I anticipate from her rather than feeling that I have to take care of her," he explained.

According to Park Min Young, "I was worried bcoz I'm too familiar with LMH. The people around us know each other such that even though we don't keep in contact, we know what's happening to each other," revealing their closeness. However, "the two who are supposed to create a romance met for the first time without any spark of thrill or curiosity towards the other party. Usually during the first meeting, one would say 'Annyeong haseyo? (hello) but he didn't even stand up and simply said, 'you've come?' making me worried as to how i'm going to create a melodrama with him." She continued saying "Five years is a long time for us. I see a different side of him and how he has matured a lot. He matches City Hunter more than anyone else. (Translator's Note: I edited the previous sentence coz this is a more accurate translation as gleaned from other news writeups.) LMH is by nature kind and thoughtful. Amongst the other partners I've worked with, he seems the most comfortable with acting." (Translator's note: sorry I corrected the translation)

Credit : Sports Seoul  

Credit and thanks to Webby of City Hunter thread for the translation...

Link to watch Min Young during City Hunter Press Conference. TheStar

I love the interactions between her and co-stars...

And I love this 10minutes trailer for City Hunter , Watch Here

I'm not sure about the genre of this drama... but according to news... through translator it is melodrama action ???:unsure:

Though I'm not keen with melodrama ... I'll watch it because Min Young in there ....

May I know the website of this thread???thanks!! =D

So much news and info.Thanks everyone. Just hope somebody would sub the STAR report. But since neither Hara nor LMH is there, it might be a bit difficult:angry:

Yes, the cast looks very comfy with one another. Lee Joon Hyuk seems to be quite a fun guy. Lol at him trying to pull the girl away from LMH:D.

Hara seems very cute n sweet. Wonder what she said that made Min Young laugh so much. They do look like sisters:)

Seon Hee seems to be a bit more serious though sweet. Good to see LMH and MY having a great time. Wonder what he said to her:). Lol at Min Young's story of her meeting with LMH after a gap.

So, it's a melodrama, huh? The trailer seems to give us a taste of what to expect. I think I have seen this type before. Sorry to sound a bit disappointed, but the LMH-MY interaction based on the trailer seems the run-of-the-mill kind. Honestly, I want her character to get more development. I don't want her to be limited to just the love interest and want her story also to be in focus. I don't want people to say that a strong female character was made soft and cutesy just for her sake, especially by fans of the original manga.

I suppose I am very greedy as far as she is concerned. But the girl knows what she's getting into. So I hope as the drama progresses, the strength of her character also comes out more n more.

@ JzzMeen

Wow, it's good to have that competitive streak. And she's so honest. She says her early foray into melodrama was a failure and yet she refuses to give up. Even in the 10asia interview, she blamed herself for the mistakes she made, said she had lost touch with reality after her early success. I am sure her honesty and never say die attitude will take her places.

@ renelhuang

Dear, we r not worried about the Eng subs for the drama. Darksmurfsubs is going to release the softsubs for City Hunter. Many k-drama websites will be having the subbed versions. It is news, videos and articles that feature her alone that worry us coz they never get Eng subbed or translated.

@ yamashi02

Finally got time to watch ur links. I had not seen some of those NGs and Making. So Joongki also made some NGS:) Lol at him and the Gisaeng scenes. It was wonderful to see Kim Gab Soo and the War Minister laughing along. That Chosun- Kim Yoon Hee scene was also fun:D

Btw, not so sure about the ideal woman part. The google translation, especially of Korean, is so awful ( find the viet to Eng one much better). Hope somebody translates it into English.

@ thegirlwho

i hope you saw Joongki's videos with Yoochun and Jaejoong on JYJ3. He is such a nice guy and does all he can to help Yoochun and the others get on variety shows though indirectly:D. He is really as wily as Gu Yong Ha sometimes. The Japanese article with SJK-PMY is so tempting.Really wish for some news on what the article says.

Guest renelhuang

@mimi26 @JzzME:rolleyes: ^^ That will be great. Oh, i will see the CH with Engsub too. That will be interresting:)

OK, I will try to do sth this weekend. GOOD NIGHT everyone here

@mimi26 @JzzME:rolleyes: ^^ That will be great. Oh, i will see the CH with Engsub too. That will be interresting:)

OK, I will try to do sth this weekend. GOOD NIGHT everyone here

Thanks dear. Good night.:)

@ yamashi02,

Is this the same one dear?Min Young on Yoochun

Weolhyun has translated the question and answer in the comments section (Thank God).

Q. Park Yu Chun is also come out with new drama?

A. We are not in contact with each other but I know about that drama and I think it will be very interesting so I have high expectation about it. I hope it can be a win-win situation

Source: Weolhyun, Youtube.

Am I the only person or do you also find it a bit hard to believe?:P

@ yamashi02,

Is this the same one dear?Min Young on Yoochun

Weolhyun has translated the question and answer in the comments section (Thank God).

Q. Park Yu Chun is also come out with new drama?

A. We are not in contact with each other but I know about that drama and I think it will be very interesting so I have high expectation about it. I hope it can be a win-win situation

Source: Weolhyun, Youtube.

Am I the only person or do you also find it a bit hard to believe?:P

yes!!!Actually I was the person second to comment on that video, the tin3094..hehehe..

awww...it's sad that they are not in contact anymore with each other but who knows??hahaha...=D

thanks for the translation..

yes!!!Actually I was the person second to comment on that video, the tin3094..hehehe..

awww...it's sad that they are not in contact anymore with each other but who knows??hahaha...=D

thanks for the translation..

I am so relieved:sweatingbullets:. I tried so many times 2day to reply to tintin on youtube, but it was giving me error messages and I finally gave up.

Ha ha. The coincidence!

As common courtesy, I expected PMY n MY to at least text each other a best of luck. But oh well, I guess there will be things you will never know. Just hope like MY that it is a win-win situation for both.:)

I am so relieved:sweatingbullets:. I tried so many times 2day to reply to tintin on youtube, but it was giving me error messages and I finally gave up.

Ha ha. The coincidence!

As common courtesy, I expected PMY n MY to at least text each other a best of luck. But oh well, I guess there will be things you will never know. Just hope like MY that it is a win-win situation for both.:)

haha..yes what a coincidence, anyways thanks for trying to reply to my question, I appreciated it..=D

I actually wish that they are still in contact with each other, and hoping that they would be together in the Baeksang awards this May, at least cheer each other's drama...I was actually disappointed when I heard that they are not in contact anymore; Min Young even mentioned Song Joong Ki in the CH press conference proving that they are still in contact and even have a friendly chat with Yoo Ah In on twitter, then the OTP should be more than that..hahaha

Good day! ^_^

Guest JzzMeen

Happy Friday to all... hope you all are better today than yesterday.....:D

One more week .... then we can watch the pilot episode of City Hunter.....hope for the best!!!

According to a fan, Min Young will have a signing for The faceshop today, 5pm KST ..hope we can see her pictures this evening....Daum.jpg

Credit MY's DAUM

PP11041200002.jpg

The COMPAGNA dress worn by MY above will be one of the items to be auctioned and the sales will be donated to SBS TV Hope charity...

29fb9391a0188feffc67dc37d65ae8ab.jpg

AND

Still remember COMPAGNA photoshot in Jeju island, the making video is here ...but the quality of it not that high... hopefully

we will have a clearer version later.     Watch it here : COMPAGNA BTS vid

SBS has released “Kim Nana”  in school uniform, supposedly Nana 8 years ago on CH official site

2fa7c35bb4a91ada800a18fe.jpg

24f8b34791232fd9b2b7dcff.jpg

You can also check this :

2011.05.19 Night of TV Entertainment—just wait for 15s for ads..  CH's interview with 4 main casts ...I like it because it was done in "informal" setting.... sorry no SUB.:(. just looking at MY makes me smile .........

Watch HERE

If you interested to hear a song  from Part 1 of OST for City Hunter ..... check it .....

[NEW K-POP] Lim Jae Bum - 사랑 - Single " 시티헌터 OST Part.1 " , T/S

Link : Click Here

The OST will be released this 24th...  

Credit Daum

Edited with additional news.....

Today, summer pictures of Min Young (posted before) for COMPAGNA appeared in news...using google translator...  Company official, "with Park Min spring and summer season, proceeded to a photo shoot about 250 percent over the previous year's sales, gain is shown. Park Min counting showed no matter what," he said.

The sales of COMPAGNA increased by 250 percent  this year????? If it is true.. then congratulation to MY ...hope for more ads to come  !!!

And if I'm not wrong COMPAGNA becomes a sponsor for clothing for CH as well ( I'm not sure for MY only or for others as well...Link to the above news...

Credit Sport Chosun

Guest JzzMeen

COMING SOON .... SUMMER 2011... “TWO EYES THAT SEE DEATH IN DARKNESS”

First movie of Min Young this summer......

POSTERS

CATPOSTER-1.jpg

cat2nd.jpg

20110519000055_0.jpg

Today, news reported that this movie has succesfully being sold to these countries Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei during the 64th Annual Cannes Film..

"is a grisly but compelling," "fresh horror movie," receive applause and drew heated reaction." s

Link to News(Korean)

SYNOPSIS

So-yeun is an animal groomer who works in a pet shop. One  day, she gets stuck with a Persian cat named Silky when its owner  suddenly dies. From then on, So-yeun is constantly haunted by a bobbed  hair girl with green cat-like eyes who turns her life turns into  turmoil. So-yeun desperately seeks help from the people around, but no  one listens to her. The presence of the girl and the sound of Silky뭩  cries start to choke in around her life more and more. Not only that,  people around So-yeun gets killed one by one. Soon, So-yeun comes face  to face with the bobbed hair girl at the scene of a horrific death.

So-yeun  gets rid of Silky hoping her troubles will come to an end, but Silky  keeps coming back to her like a boomerang. Terrified she could be the  next to die, So-yeun sets out to find out the identity of the girl with  the help her dead friend뭩 ex-boyfriend, Jun-seok, who is a cop. Later,  So-yeun finds out the truth to the tragic incident that took place in  the past.

Credit to Filmsmash

79140_S02_152057.jpg

@ yamashi02

:D What did she say about Joong Ki at the Press Conf.? But yeah, it is weird. When Yoochun is asked about his SKKS cast mates, he talks about Joong Ki n Ah In, but not her. She is like the elephant in the room everyone pretends not to see:)

@ JzzMeen

She looks quite different in that Faceshop ad. Maybe it's the hair?

Ecstasy, that's me after watching those pictures from Cat. That movie is right up my alley for I lovvvve horror movies. And the story seems to be my type as well. I also like that guy from Coffee Prince a lot. Btw, when does the Korean summer arrive?;) Is it like anytime soon? This was shown in 'Cannes'? WOW:w00t: I hope the subbed one will be available once it releases.

MY looks so fresh in that school uniform.

So, that's why MY was holding up the black dress! LMH was holding up his jacket the wrong way and that's why she was laughing? But then she doesn't require much to make her laugh. She has climbed up the CF ladder in no time ever since SKKS ended. And if the reports are true and there is such a huge increase in their sales, wow, her star's truly on the ascendant.

Guest JzzMeen

Btw, when does the Korean summer arrive?;) Is it like anytime soon? This was shown in 'Cannes'? WOW:w00t: I hope the subbed one will be available once it releases.

MY looks so fresh in that school uniform.

So, that's why MY was holding up the black dress! LMH was holding up his jacket the wrong way and that's why she was laughing? But then she doesn't require much to make her laugh. She has climbed up the CF ladder in no time ever since SKKS ended. And if the reports are true and there is such a huge increase in their sales, wow, her star's truly on the ascendant.

I dont think it has a special screening in Cannes festival ... maybe just a promotional video.. because normally in film festival is where producers market their films and find the right distributors...

Probably LMH tried to show the label of the jacket...!!!:lol: if MY with her COMPAGNA ...LMH is actually with his TRUGEN jacket ( he is a model for TRUGEN)

Another news....

302082280-1819bb6a264cdd304c7ddf011b561ee24dd5bd10-full.jpg

Credit Nate. Link for Korean New  Here

Remember the "Fountain Couple".:lol:. so today  pictures of a "Fountain Couple" having their "Coffee date"....:D is on Korean news..It is said that the scene looks like they are shooting for coffee CF....

OK then... any coffee products ...please book both of them for CF coffee .. if it is expensive to get both of them.... at least get MY for it.... :D

Edited to include translation..thanks to Monika,,

Lee Min Ho - Park Min Young "Coffee Date" that looks like a CF

Actor Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young enjoy one "Coffee Date" that looks like a Coffee CF (Commercial Film).In Seoul a few days ago, Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young was in Han River, special for their latest SBS Drama "City Hunter" (written by Hwang Eun Kyeong, directed by Jin Hyeok). They are taking scenes for "City Hunter" there.The scene is about Lee Yoon Seong (Lee Min Ho) and Kim Na Na (Park Min Young) just play with water, and they dry their clothes by the sun there while enjoying coffee.

It should be uncomfortable to take scenes and drink coffee while the body is all wet, but Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young is working with spontaneity. Both Park Min Young and Lee Min Ho sit close to each other, enjoying the coffee and the simple sweet time with their bright smile. Their connection seems deep and close when they share ideas.

Above all, it's a luck that the sun shine brightly when they took the scene. The two actor's stunning appearance and the wonderful weather makes all of the crew drawn then they took the short scene.

Staff of "City Hunter" said " The scene of Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young's coffee date may be a beautiful scene, but we could catch a glimpse of CF (Commercial Film) there, performed in a warm image" and "There's a lot of words about the after-taste of the coffee at the scene, but still in a normal standard to be called a scene.."

'"City Hunter" is based on a Japanese Manga with the same name. The original manga is set at Tokyo on 1980, where it's changed to Seoul on 2011. "City Hunter" is telling us a story about a growing process of a hero, gaining his humanity side by his relationships with other humans, despite the hurt and pain he got. "City Hunter" would replace "49 Days" time slot and would start airing at 25th of May.

Original Source : Newsnate

English Translation : Monika

Monika's Translation

Guest JzzMeen

OK so here is the the translation of news for COMPAGNA

20110520_park_minyoung_compagna_5.jpg

Park Min Young poses for ‘Compagna’

Additional photos from Park Min Young’s summer pictorial for ‘Compagna‘ have been revealed. The actress traveled to Jeju Island to shoot for the clothing brand,  making use of the island’s beautiful blue ocean and palm trees as the  backdrop for the photos.

She was dressed in summer outfits, such as a striped dress and white  jacket, to convey the feel of summertime. She added her charming smile  to brighten up the photos.

A representative for the clothing company stated, “After  conducting spring and summer photoshoots with Park Min Young, our  revenue went up by 250%. We have enjoyed the ‘Park Min Young effect.

Credit to : ALLKPOP

@ mimi26 It is confirmed then.... 250%.... WOW !!!

Sharing my  favourite MY pictures

gorg2.jpg

Gorg1.jpg

Another Article on "The Cat"

The Revenge of an Abandoned Cat

THE CAT

Directed by BYUN Seung -wook

By HUH Nam-woong

p9-copy.jpg

Director BYUN Seung-wook made his debut with  Solace (2006), a melodrama that deals with a couple who can’t tie the  knot because of family matters. Five years later, BYUN is back with a  horror film called The Cat . Just by looking at the genre of the two  movies, it is impossible to spot any similarities.

So-hee (PARK Min-yeong) runs a pet shop. One evening, a terrible  accident happens to one of her customers. She is killed inside her  apartment elevator. There are no witnesses, but only a cat that was  guarding the scene. Due to the lack of evidence, the police conclude the  accident as a heart attack and the cat is temporarily put under  So-hee’s care. From that very day, So-hee is tormented by nightmares  related to her past that she would prefer to forget.

Up until recently many Koreans regarded cats as a wicked animal.  Some still do. So, there are voices of concern that worry that the film  may foster such negative sentiments against cats. But BYUN defends his  intentions by saying “The Cat is about abandoned cats and though the cat  may appear as an object of fear in the film, it does not threaten  humans without being harmed first.” In fact, BYUN tries to project  a reflection of cold-hearted humans through the eyes of stray cats that  have been thrown out by its owners. Although The Cat focuses on a human-cat relationship, the theme of  unintentional disconnect in relationships caused by one’s surroundings  is an extension from Solace . BYUN has no intention whatsoever to make a  movie full of special effects that would startle the viewers. He  explains that he “feels sorry for the cats that were carelessly thrown  out. Abandoned cats also need a place to rest as they have been banned  to approach people.” He intends to create The Cat into a spine-chilling  thriller that also arouses sympathy, rather than focusing simply  on forcing blank screams out of the audience.

Source: Cinematoday.korea.com

@JzzMeen

It's good exposure since horror is the easiest genre to get an audience outside Korea. Hope it works out!

Saw the Compagna video. It's confirmed then. Great news dear!

Guest JzzMeen

@ mimi26 .. Thanks for info on "The Cat".. horror movie is not for me.. I have a weak heart :sweatingbullets:... from the synopsis,  it sounds like an interesting story... but not much info on other characters.... the story seems to revolve around character So-hee and the cat....

MY said in one article after completed the filming that "This movie had a lot of psychological descriptions without the opposite role and that was difficult but I remember the staff made me a doll as the opposite role"

Now sharing pictures for The FaceShop signing:

20110520185117925.jpg

682a6f25d8b2150b4ec22688.jpg

20110520173309_4dd62745e3031_1.jpg

20110520185116952.jpg

20110520173734_4dd6284e3853c_1.jpg

Min Young is  really into "white" color lately..... 

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

The Cat is the only horror film that i'm excited to watch

since park min young is there. lol.

PMY has nice signature. :D

wah the thread is flooding with news :w00t:

thanks for the updates :)