Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024 |New drama 'The Confidence Man KR' (2025), start shooting!/ Three nominations at Korea Drama Festival 2024|'MY Beans Fanmeet' in Tokio Nov.8

OksanaSiytra

I'm almost sure that CH will have a happy ending :D

Happy also that she has been receiving a lot of encouraging and good comments @allkpop.com.  They all love MY

My link

Eagerly awaiting for her next project.  Hope it will not be a long wait for us.  We will sure miss her

Guest minany

@mimi26: haha..I agree with u. Some fans are really funny. I watched SKKS because of Micky (I'm DBSK's fan hehe) but I realised that MinYoung's acting was really good. I knew MinYoung since Iam Sam and I loved her character in this drama, she was so cute right? ^^  I ship MinHo-MinYoung couple and I've waited for their reunion for a long time, may be that's why I watch City Hunter but I think fans should realize that her acting improves a lot and she becomes more professional actress. I always love her personality, especially, I admire her honesty. I hope with Nana in CH, she will win recognition about talent from fans.

@saved2k

That's great to hear, dear. It is good that this controversy is out in  the open and that people can see it for how silly it is. Here's the  article where PMY discusses her ANTIs and how she was happy about the  changing perception of her ANTIs after SKKS. I am sure the "true" LMH  fans will be supporting her and I hope they send her encouraging  messages.

I have posted this before, but just to cheer everyone up.

Park Min Young interview : on her anti-fans and Sungkyunkwan Scandal

Oct 21, 2010   Author: daiko | Filed under: korean stars

park-min-young1.jpg

Park Min Young has anti-fans ? Unfortunately yes.

That’s she says during a brief interview with Osen last October 18 in the middle of her busy schedule.

24 years old Park Min Young  escaped from Sungkyunkwan Scandal  filming set, visited her mother in Seoul for a day  then she headed to  Daegu to throw first ball for Korean baseball series and then back again  to  filming set.

She arrives at interview as a pretty girl with long hair and short pants.

park-min-young-2.jpg

SS started at first time competed against MBC  Dong Yi and  SBS Giant  and reached lower than expected rating fot its debut (around 8%) .  Though everyone thought it was not easy game, but actual result was so   disappointed for the actors and staffs. But they must be happy now since  SS scored around 14% rating in the last 2 episodes.

When reporter asked about that, Park says :

‘My heart fell down when I knew the rating of the first episode. I was  afraid it was because of my performance. The first and second episode  depended on me in many area. The starting part of drama was depended on  my role  according to script. So, I thought the low rating was because  of me.’

She followed :

‘As episodes went on, the  view rate got higher. Though it was slow, I was so happy. Each morning  in shooting set, I checked rating and shouted to PD ‘Sir, it is higher again’.  Though nobody talked about the rating, of course everybody concerned.   It was true that got better response to drama made us more energetic.  Most of happy thing for me is that my anti-fans  get lower and female  fan  get more’

She laughed and followed :

On the internet bulletin,  there comes comment like ‘I throw out prejudice to you. At the first  time, I though you have very cold and sharp mind. But now when I saw you  in drama, I can feel your enthusiasm and heart’.

Sometimes, female fan in shooting set cheered me ‘Good job, Min Young,  you go girl !’  I like those cheering than comments ‘You are so pretty’  by the male fan’

park-min-young-3.jpg

Park Min Young created many anti-fans from her debut drama, Unstoppable High Kick (2006). Her role was a  very cold and clever image girl so  many girl-viewers didn’t  like her.

Then as soon as finished Unstoppable High Kick she was chosen as a main cast in I am Sam. The success of scored lead role on her second drama added the hate and jealousy for her. Many said :  ‘She is just rookie, this is too fast’.

Of course Min Young was hurt saw the critics and bad comments in  internet. But, she grown ups and gets stronger after joined more dramas.

Before the interview ended she commented her outfit she wore during interview, she says

‘It’s long time ago that I wore this kind of pretty cloth. Usually  nowadays, I wears men-hanbok. Last time when I entered filming set wore  a  skirt, everyone tickled me ‘Change the cloth, you are not our Yoon Shik’. Everyone treated me like a younger brother. HaHaHa’.

We gonna miss you, Yoon Shik , when Sungkyunkwan Scandal ended.

Source : Asiae

Cre: Koreanvibe

Bonus for Yamashi02 (Ke ke):

120.jpg

Go here to read about SJK's washboard abs. SJK

Seems like the rest of the J3 have taken a leaf out of Ah In's book. Was  it PMY being enamoured by Ah In's abs that made the other two shape up?  :P

This is from LMH's interview where he mentions working with PMY

Q12.  You've been able to work with female actresses who were mostly older  than you. Do you really prefer older females in reality? How is your  combi with Park Min young?

Because  I'm young? I guess that was why I had many chances to work with female  actresses who are older than me. With Park Min young, I had the chance  to film a commercial with her for the first time when I was 20. In City  hunter, there are younger friends who brighten up the atmosphere and we  are all working hard.

Source: LMH

@PMYLMH143

Yeah, looking forward to the lady taking a nice long vacation free of all worries with friends and family. I guess you are special being the fanboy of PMY. May thy tribe increase!!!

@JzzMeen

Now that more people have come to know of the stupid controversy, I really hope the PMY bashing will at least decrease.

Min Youngsshi fighting!!!!

Guest luv_harmony

WTHH!!! Is that article FOR REAL?? It's simply lame to have such a fuss over something as silly as OST cover. I get it, LMH seems to have a crazy fan base so what? I mean here in India too we have lots n lots of obsessed fan groups (and trust me they're damn crazy) but still I don't see em ringing up the production house to get their fav in centre of the montage. And why attack PMY anyway? Where is she at fault? I was expecting better of LMH fans but guess they too are nothing more then school going teens with maturity of a teaspoon, not saying all of em are immature but well looks like most of em are. Hope PMY isn't bothered by all these obsessed acts and continues to do her work with dedication. Too much of hate on the girl seriously!!

Guest nana544

I hope the controversy will died down!!! Those fans that complains about it is so dumb. The cover is all on the CH team!!! I'm so mad and sad that they say it is PMY when it is not. I hope they apologized to PMY :). Park Min Young is talented, gorgeous, sincere to her co-stars, and she seems so down to earth :), I hope PMY is strong and keeps her head up, don't let these insane so called "fans" make you sad. We fans of PMY loves you Park Min Young :)!!!!!!!

I mean there will always be fans with a common sense and some who don't have any. I mean if these fans can't see beyond anything that is not related to LMH they can't be helped. In every fan community there are always such people so we should not take them seriously.

Good Morning everyone!

Just a quick note:

For the SDA awards, you can vote from different browsers (IE, Mozilla, Opera, Chrome etc). You need to give different ph.no.s and email ids, but the votes are counted. So, please vote for Park Min Young who has crossed the 5000 mark and is currently in 3rd place.

Will come back later! :)

I hope the lurkers also vote! Please .... :)

Guest JzzMeen

HELLO AND HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE....

Watch the fancam of fans visiting to the CH filming set  : CITY HUNTER BTS - EP18 LAKE SCENE

Look at MY massaging her staff... so nice of her....:D..

AND found PARK MIN YOUNG INTERVIEW ON ARIRANG IN YTSHOWBIZ KOREA - PMY

This lady captivated the public with her lovely eyes and smile. She is broadening out her acting career and secured her spot as Korea's top actress. Learn all there's to know about the charming actress Park Min-young (박민영) on today's All That Star.

Arirang

Good Morning everyone!

Just a quick note:

For the SDA awards, you can vote from different browsers (IE, Mozilla, Opera, Chrome etc). You need to give different ph.no.s and email ids, but the votes are counted. So, please vote for Park Min Young who has crossed the 5000 mark and is currently in 3rd place.

Will come back later! :)

I hope the lurkers also vote! Please .... :)

Thanks for the info. Have tried and worked.

Let us keep voting for her...

We have till August 16th to vote...

At least now she is the 3rd place .... and the  2nd place is around 510 votes away...

To all who have voted :-                    thank-you-bear.jpg?w=434&h=434

Guest luv_harmony

HELLO AND HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE....

Watch the fancam of fans visiting to the CH filming set  : CITY HUNTER BTS - EP18 LAKE SCENE

Look at MY massaging her staff... so nice of her....:D..

Aww.. PMY is a sweetheart. And it's such a pleasure to see PMY & LMH sitting together, joking & having fun. In almost all of the BTS videos I've seen, they're always together which is way too cute plus the looks they give to each other is those of 'smitten love puppy' wub.gif...wonder if they're 'just friends' or there's more to the story phew.gif

I want to see this couple doing more dramas together.

MY and Lee Philip interview in Buckaroo

This was an old video but just wanted to post it here...it was cute when Philip adressed MY as aegyo sunbaenim(cute senior) and MY call him "oppa" and blushed..can't distinguish the word in english though in our language, she's "kinikilig"..hahaha ^_^

I know this might be a little late but just wanted to give my stance about the controversy about MY's less screen time in CH as well to her anti-fans in CH...I too have noticed that the scriptwriters had cut her scenes after ep 12...at first, i thought it's just normal to give way to the revenge plot getting heavy but I have also noticed that her character was being distorted from a badass bodyguard up to the weak girl who is always being saved by her knight..I was really happy with Nana being a badass but I'm kinda disappointed with how they make her character typical again to other Korean series...WIth only 2 episodes left, I can't tell if she would be back to her badass attitude...and the romance between YS and NN seem to vanish together with the condition of NN's father, just a few episodes before the series ended and still no conclusion about the couple???hmm...that would be hard, they can't give us a sad ending on this couple because like what other CH fans say, IT'S THE FAULT OF THE PD FOR MAKING TWO SUPER GORGEOUS PEOPLE ACT AS A LOVETEAM... :P So CH better give us an ending worthy of the series..^_^ ^_^

Glad that the gap is slowly decreasing...yipey!!but I have a question, why is it that everytime I vote, I could see that MGY is on the top but the votes during the choosing proper Min Young is higher??? sorry kinda slow..T_T

Glad to have many people here...Good day!!! ^_^

Guest beth_21719

HELLO ALL.....................................

MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH BEEN SO BUSY LATELY AND I VOTE   EVERY DAY BUT THIS TIME I HAVE A PROBLEM VOTING THEY WELL NOT ACCEPTING MY

VOTE ITS SAID INVALID ACCESS . CAN SOME BODY HELP ME .... THANKS IN ADVANCE I DONT HAVE YET TIME TO COMMENTS ABOUT THE ANTIS CAUSE I 

JUST HAVE A COUPLE  MINUTES AND I WELL HAVE TO SPENT IT IN THE VOTING .............AND I PROMISE SOON I WELL HAVE TME I WELL VOICE HOW I FELL 

ABOUT THAT ................

:wub: :wub: :wub: 

@Yamashi02

Yes, Nana's character development has been pretty disappointing since episode 13. I had been literally over the moon when JzzMeen posted that article from the CH team after the 10th episode about how the drama was now going to focus more on Nana as a character like it had been doing with YS over the past few episodes.So episodes 11 n especially 12 were so good for me, seeing this kickass Nana ready to protect her man, cute but strong and whom anybody would fall in love with coz she was so cool.`But that was not to be! Nana got less and less scenes and the couple moments also became less. Like you said, now she is just waiting for her man to come and rescue her. :(

I guess SBS listened to some of the fans who were unhappy with Nana doing action scenes alone. When I first heard on the CH thread that there was such an angry reaction on the SBS site to episode 12, I thought it was a joke. The ratings were climbing and CH was reaching its peak going where no drama had gone before. Guess the majority opinion prevailed or was it that of the vocal minority?

I do not know whether I am right, but I believe that if they had shown more MinMin and had allowed the romantic track to develop along with the revenge track, the ratings would have crossed over 20 by now. Maybe I am in the minority in this, but for me, Nana could have helped YS in his revenge track as she had been starting to do in episode 13. Alas, not to be! :(

Anyway, if we fans are feeling so bad, think of PMY who also must have expected a lot more from the script! Just hoping that they will make up for all this in the last two episodes.

Btw, just heard that some of the K-Minoz have called for a boycott of CH OST for a number of reasons which include the cover issue and overpricing and are blaming the CH marketing team. Hope they sort it out among themselves peacefully. Thank God, PMY is out of the fray! :sweatingbullets:

Hoping for a great ending to CH which will satisfy all of us!

@minany

Had not heard of DBSK until SKKS came along. :) Now I kind of support JYJ. :)

@its now or never and otua

Every fanbase has some immature fans. Unfortunately, sometimes it is this minority which gets heard than the sane majority. The way of the world! :(

@luv_harmony

Happy to come across a fellow Indian fan on this thread. :) Yes, we also have lots of crazy fans and fangroups, but I don't think the "ANTI culture" is so strong in India. I didn't even know there was this monstrous thing called an ANTI-FAN until I came to k-pop and kdrama world. Hope this ANTI culture does not develop in India!  We already have our share of problems. :P

@saved2k

Yes, I too don't understand the number of votes they show below the actress. At first, I thought these were the votes cast by the K-fans. Now not sure. Anyway, PMY is getting lots of votes. Just 400 more separate her and the actress in the second spot. Aja Aja park min young fighting!!!

@JzzMeen

She is so focused when massaging that girl's arm. Wonder whether Kim Min Seo also got free massages from her besides PMY feeding her and warming her feet in the cold. LMH had a patch on his neck! The drama sure has taken a toll on his health what with the accident and the stunts. May both of them be rewarded for their hard work!

@beth

Glad to see you dear. I was missing u so much. I am going to be out of station, so maybe JzzMeen/ Yamashi/Gogeous or any of the other PMY fans on this thread can help you.

@coconutpp

Thanks for the pic, dear. Pretty intense look on her face!

Goodnight sweet ladies and gentlemen!

Guest sue_917

hi ladies ............

PMY is so beautiful i love looking all her pictures its been long time i did not post here but i keep caming here very day i'm a silent reader

but this time i want to say something to our PMY and excited to watch the two last episode of CITY HUNTER hope there is lot of PMY

scene cause lately i see her less and less in the CITY HUNTER is that because of the fans of LMH .I well not say bad things for his fans

cause i dont want trouble here in our thread  and dont like it that they hate PMY ....More power to PMY and Have a Nice Day All.

@sue_017

Welcome to this thread.  Yes, we all agree with you, we want to keep this thread as peaceful as possible.  Thank you for supporting PMY.  We all love her and hoping for a happy ending of Cityhunter.  I do hope her next project will be as exciting as CH and as entertaining as SKKS.  Looking forward to another PYC and PMY team up.  :)  just wishful thinking

@shinhye_fan

Thanks for the pictures friend...Really happy with the good relationship of GMS and Min Young..she's really friendly regardless of gender..haha..^_^

@sue_917

Welcome to this thread friend and happy that you posted here..^_^ I also hope that she would have more screen time in the last 2 episodes of City Hunter and a happy ending for this couple..About the LMH fans being the cause, it might be they are partial reasons to this and I guess it's not Min Ho's fault that this happened..like what others said, in fan bases there are always immature fans..hope that this kind of fans will decrease..Let's wish her a good luck in her upcoming projects and may she soar high in her career..^_^

@saved2K

Wow!! Another MulRang shipper..I am also dying(literally..haha) to watch another PMY/PYC collaboration in the future and hopefully in a modern drama...they're chemistry is really undeniable in SKKS on-screen and OFF-SCREEN.. :wub: Just by looking at fanmade videos I could see that their chemistry will ooze more in a modern drama... :wub: :wub: :wub:

FRIENDS!!

MIN YOUNG'S GAP WITH THE SECOND ACTRESS IS JUST A 100 VOTES AWAY!!! LET'S KEEP ON VOTING SO MIN YOUNG COULD BE ON THE TOP..WE HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO DO THAT...Let's make PMY and PYC win the award and hopefully meet, greet and sit with each other during the awards night... :vicx: kekeke

PMY fan

I loved this fan...She's telling how to vote in an easy way and telling to only vote for MY..just sharing though

Min Young-sshi fighting! :)

Friends,  Min Young now in 2nd place.  Wooohooo! so happy :)

Let's work really hard to narrow the gap of the 1st place which is 3,625 pts.  The other day it was around 3,850.  

We can all do this.  Love to see Min Young and Yoo Chun together.  Sorry, MinMin fans, I also love them.

But I think MY and YC looks great together.  Just my opinion though  (Peace and love you all :))