Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Korea|New drama SOON! ]

OksanaSiytra

Haha, love all the gifs and funny faces that Minyoungie makes........she really is a hoot.  @dandelionjd, such a nice welcome to the new member you gave ........aren't you impressed @keemanj, to have a special wave from Minyoung? lolol

​special wave for thorn among the roses kkkk.

I enjoy all ur convo here. The writer wanted to attract reader's attention by provoking this and there, that's why she/he needs to learn how to make a news newsworthy.

Regarding slump and hardworking of minyoung's career-24-year-old-actress (sorry long post):

Yet such fast-obtained popularity rarely lasts for long and the industry does not allow an actress to see slow growth. In KBS drama "I Am Sam" she played a character who holds her emotions within herself while bullied by others rather than immediately respond like Youmi from "High Kick" would have but viewers remembered her as the same cheerful high school student rather than notice the change between the two and in her acting skills.

She then did fairly well in pulling off her role as a princess who depicts on the most tragic narrative through traditional drama "Princess Ja Myung Go" but the low ratings the depressing show scored was applied to Park as well.

10: So that's the way you thought back then?
Park:
I had been quite lucky then. None of my work had been failures up till that point. "I Am Sam" may have seen low ratings but I got to play the main female character although it was only my second project and even received an award for it. Everyone was also always praising me about how pretty I am. Then I appeared in "Korean Ghost Stories: Gumiho" which was a single-episode drama but it saw ratings of 21 percent. That's why I think I naturally came to presume that "Princess Ja Myung Go" would do well too so I was even more shocked when it didn't. It wouldn't have affected me as much if I had been ready for it somewhat but it hit me harder because I wasn't. So I did have a bit of a hard time back then but I settled with the fact that I at least got to work on a good project with good people. The problem started after that. A few projects got flopped after "Princess Ja Myung Go" and it distressed me greatly. I thought I had nothing to lose since "Princess Ja Myung Go" was not popular but I started thinking maybe there was. Things kept happening to the projects I really wanted to work on so I became increasingly dispirted which led me to doubt myself and think 'Can I really do this?' Then I moved agencies and a lot of things changed, so I told myself I'd start on a clean slate and took on drama "Running, Gu." It was after I was convinced that I was okay with starting all over again and I would have no expectations. I just wanted to gain good experience and really did not expect the show to see high ratings since it was meant to fill in empty time. Thanks to that, I had fun filming it and while I warmed up like that, I was handed the script for "SungKyunKwan Scandal" and got the part for Yoon-hee through the final audition. Since I had no expectations, the acting was fun and my mind became abundant enough to bear through the physical exhaustion I felt from the filming. That's why I can now say confidently that I've become as strong as Yoon-hee. (cr.ethlenn)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her willingness to keep occupied is understandable, since she has talked in the past about the difficulty of facing a slump post-High Kick (which Jung Il-woo has also talked about). She shot to overnight fame, was the talk of the town, and then the show ended and she found herself with a lot of empty time on her hands. “Maybe it’s because I’ve experienced a slump before, but I don’t get easily excited by favorable reviews. I’m really thankful that there are people with favorable opinions, but I know that I could at any moment come up against a brick wall and hit another slump. So while I’m truly grateful for it, on the other hand I feel that I need to travel my path steadily. I’m thankful whenever I hear praise, but I know how many talented people there are out there with both star potential and acting skills, and those who haven’t yet gotten recognition. I feel I have to work even harder.”

Her slump seems to have left her with a lot of valuable thoughts, and she said, “There was a time when I didn’t know much about acting and just did it for the fun of it. But as I was doing the drama Ja Myung Go, I started learning about acting, but just around then it ended. While waiting for a project I wanted to do, a year or two went by. I was incredibly eager to work then — even now, when I’m facing tough times or feeling tired, I think back to how I felt then and get a grip on my feelings. No matter how tired or how little I’ve slept, I think back to that time and my eyes pop open. I think, ‘Back then, I wanted to work but couldn’t. Now they want me to work, so what’s so difficult?'” (cr. dramabeans )

is it too much to call her level-headed actress and determined person? i love reading her interview....

Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 5

Guest Eileen531

Always loved those interviews. I wonder what projects between I am Sam and Princess Ja Myung Go she is talking about that didn't work out? She was younger then and wonder if she didn't do projects why is it she didn't continue with her classes at the University and graduate then?  Then she had to wait for another year in a half to 2 years before Running Gu came along followed by SKKS. Her twenties were indeed turbulent.......   Thanks @dandelionjd  again for putting up good things from Pmy's history.

Hello...@Keemanjy...glad to hear to see yr comment...agreed with all yr said..abt that Mr X...why everthing PMY has now had to do with him...she hard so work..endurance everything..so though..all the pain n suffering made her even stronger today has nothing to do with that...that..admire her so much..

• Like 2

Always loved those interviews. I wonder what projects between I am Sam and Princess Ja Myung Go she is talking about that didn't work out? She was younger then and wonder if she didn't do projects why is it she didn't continue with her classes at the University and graduate then?  Then she had to wait for another year in a half to 2 years before Running Gu came along followed by SKKS. Her twenties were indeed turbulent.......   Thanks @dandelionjd  again for putting up good things from Pmy's history.

• ​I'am sam= 6.5% and Ja Myung Go= 8.5%
  • She was younger then and wonder if she didn't do projects why is it she didn't continue with her classes at the University and graduate then?

She didnt say that she didn't get project after PJMG. She said she wanted start all over again (she moved to new agency then got Running Gu). "While waiting for a project I wanted to do" maybe mean her will for her next project.

YearTitleRoleNetwork
2006-2007Unstoppable High Kick!Kang Yoo-miMBC
2007I Am SamYoo Eun-byulKBS2
2008Hometown of Legends
"Gumiho (Nine-tailed Fox)"
Lee Myung-ok (Gumiho)KBS2
2009Ja Myung GoPrincess Ra-heeSBS
2010Running, GuMoon Haeng-jooMBC
Sungkyunkwan ScandalKim Yoon-hee / Kim Yoon-shikKBS2
2011City HunterKim Na-naSBS
Glory JaneYoon Jae-inKBS2
2012Dr. JinYoo Mi-na / Hong Young-raeMBC
2014A New LeafLee Ji-yoonMBC
2014-2015HealerChae Young-shin / Oh Ji-anKBS2
2015Braveness of the Ming  

cr.wikipedia

Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 4

Some Braveness of the Ming News:

There was an interview with the executive producer of Braveness of the Ming. Will just share the summary.

He said it will be both a web drama and tv drama n they are still in talks with tv broadcasting stations about the slot. The quality of the production will be very high. He was asked about why they chose Hans Zhang and Park Min Young, he said he chose Hans Zhang because of their previous association and Zhang's dramas, irrespective of the ratings, have been the best dramas airing at that time. Park Min Young is one of the famous and outstanding actors in Korea and Asia and he and his team are personally fond of her. Choosing PMY is also a part of their global strategy to export the drama outside China. He said there are opportunities for chinese dramas to be exported to japan, US and Korea. (The blogger introduced PMY as a young actress whose resume belies her age because of the large number of projects she has done over the years).

He said polygamy is disrespectful to women, so it will not be there in the drama (because of the SARFT guidelines I guess).  They asked whether the character Xi Men Jing will be there in the drama. And the producer said all the major characters in the book will be there without too many changes. However, unlike in the novel, there will be no time travelling keeping in with SARFT guidelines.

The drama has a schedule of 120 days and will be shot mostly in Hengdian. [May be Min Young will finish her schedule early and come back for her September drama.]

According to articles, this drama has the top people in the Chinese drama industry at its helm. The screenwriter Bai Yi cong won the 2015 screenwriter award, the director Chung Shu Kai was adjudged the best director at the 2014 Macau International Movie and film festival, the art director has also won awards for his art design, the make up artist and costume designer are also very experienced people.

The official poster will be released tomorrow. I am so excited!!! :) 

One of the little actors who is acting with MY in the drama had written on weibo that PMY is very beautiful, but since she spoke in Korean, he couldn't understand her and therefore just said what the director uncle told him. Hehe Hope MY learns more Mandarin by the time she finishes the shoot.

• Like 12

Some Braveness of the Ming News:

There was an interview with the executive producer of Braveness of the Ming. Will just share the summary.

He said it will be both a web drama and tv drama n they are still in talks with tv broadcasting stations about the slot. The quality of the production will be very high. He was asked about why they chose Hans Zhang and Park Min Young, he said he chose Hans Zhang because of their previous association and Zhang's dramas, irrespective of the ratings, have been the best dramas airing at that time. Park Min Young is one of the famous and outstanding actors in Korea and Asia and he and his team are personally fond of her. Choosing PMY is also a part of their global strategy to export the drama outside China. He said there are opportunities for chinese dramas to be exported to japan, US and Korea. (The blogger introduced PMY as a young actress whose resume belies her age because of the large number of projects she has done over the years).

He said polygamy is disrespectful to women, so it will not be there in the drama (because of the SARFT guidelines I guess).  They asked whether the character Xi Men Jing will be there in the drama. And the producer said all the major characters in the book will be there without too many changes. However, unlike in the novel, there will be no time travelling keeping in with SARFT guidelines.

The drama has a schedule of 120 days and will be shot mostly in Hengdian. [May be Min Young will finish her schedule early and come back for her September drama.]

According to articles, this drama has the top people in the Chinese drama industry at its helm. The screenwriter Bai Yi cong won the 2015 screenwriter award, the director Chung Shu Kai was adjudged the best director at the 2014 Macau International Movie and film festival, the art director has also won awards for his art design, the make up artist and costume designer are also very experienced people.

The official poster will be released tomorrow. I am so excited!!! :) 

One of the little actors who is acting with MY in the drama had written on weibo that PMY is very beautiful, but since she spoke in Korean, he couldn't understand her and therefore just said what the director uncle told him. Hehe Hope MY learns more Mandarin by the time she finishes the shoot.

​what amazing news!! I'm so happy that my dear Min Young finally, how it says: Park Min Young is one of the famous and outstanding actors in Korea and Asia and he and his team are personally fond of her. Choosing PMY is also a part of their global strategy to export the drama outside China.:wub: YES YES YES!!! SHE'S THE BEST!!!

The official posters I'm soooooo excited!!!!

• Like 7

Fanart

11379949_1441112699524223_1110680924_n.j

#drawing #bdrawingishappy #watercolouredpencil #watercolor #illustration #minyoungpark

cr.biewml ig

Brand: Tory Burch; Model: Laguna printed stretch-jersey maxi dress (Laguna printing long stretch jersey dress); Price: HKD2,717 (approximately RMB 2,173)

88d633e2gw1esnpi05h60j20pk12cdmz.jpg

so sexy minyoungie [偷笑] kkk

88d633e2gw1esnphxixsuj20pk12cwl6.jpg

88d633e2gw1esnphx0c1xj21kw11xtn9.jpg

cr. kamlp weibo

15.05.31 Behind the scene photos of Park Min Young and Hans Zang on BOTM. cr: .粉-Ai桃子 via kamlp fb.

CGWdJSPVIAAf3y1.jpg

it's good to see BOTM executive producer's interview about the casts, hope other non c-media can translate and publish it rather than recycle old news which is unrelated.

Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 7

Guest springpebble

WOW! & now let someone make an inference out of this and write PMY choosen out of her merit and will take china and asia by storm! I dare the writer of DF

Guest treasure51

Min young .. Xie Yu Fei.. Lovely

@mimi26, thank you for sharing the news.. So glad..

Youngie hs little fan boy too.. 

Like ppl always said kid can not lie

Edited by treasure51

Guest _lovepmy

Just want to share a little thoughts about THOSE articles coming out recently.

Online news, bloggers, recaps and other online writers out there, they only survive if they have many readers or site visitors. So in order to do that, they have to make their articles with interesting headlines, that is by inserting searchable keywords. Example of that is Mr X. So even though the article has nothing to do with Mr X, mention of his name will make people click the link. This is an ugly trick but that's how it is on internet. Remember that scene in Healer where the chubby guy (forgot his name hehe) told PBS to write 60 articles per day? He said "just copy this and that and create another article and make sure your title is interesting". That's how these people work.

So let us not waste out time and emotions on these people. We know PMY well enough to be affected by that. Let's keep this thread full of beautiful facts about PMY so that new fans will know how lovely person she is.

BTW, in SKKS, PMY was also not the first choice to play the role. She was the last choice bcoz the selected actress backed out just before the filming started. But SKKS was a big success! It may not have the highest rating but it was a talk-of-the-town among teens in SK that time. It was re-edited into a movie version shown in Japan. And it won an international award.

So I say, it doesn't matter if you're the first or the last choice. As long as you portray the role quite well then it belongs to you. 

Online news, bloggers, recaps and other online writers out there, they only survive if they have many readers or site visitors. So in order to do that, they have to make their articles with interesting headlines, that is by inserting searchable keywords. Example of that is Mr X. So even though the article has nothing to do with Mr X, mention of his name will make people click the link. This is an ugly trick but that's how it is on internet. Remember that scene in Healer where the chubby guy (forgot his name hehe) told PBS to write 60 articles per day? He said "just copy this and that and create another article and make sure your title is interesting". That's how these people work.

So let us not waste out time and emotions on these people. We know PMY well enough to be affected by that. Let's keep this thread full of beautiful facts about PMY so that new fans will know how lovely person she is.

BTW, in SKKS, PMY was also not the first choice to play the role. She was the last choice bcoz the selected actress backed out just before the filming started. But SKKS was a big success! It may not have the highest rating but it was a talk-of-the-town among teens in SK that time. It was re-edited into a movie version shown in Japan. And it won an international award.

So I say, it doesn't matter if you're the first or the last choice. As long as you portray the role quite well then it belongs to you. 

​yes yes, that's why this thread needs old fans like u here to spazz with us hehehe. I like ur thought.

• Like 6

​I agree with you, who cares about first or the last choice if thanks to PMY I'll watch Chinese costume drama by the first time.

• Like 4

Guest springpebble

Errrrrrr....i found something odd with the photo of PMY that the photo editor didn't notice...its just seem that the buttocks of pmy is somewhat enhance and she has the simpliest posture while the others have somewhat marked their role. Maybe we might see some acts in the coming photo sessions.