Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in LA Jul 27/ in Seoul Aug 31 |New drama in talks 'The Confidence Man KR'

OksanaSiytra

Guest JzzMeen

Hi @mimi26, @GOGEOUS.haha.. thanks for the welcome.. :D this is my 1st time participating in a forum...I would prefer to be a silent reader.. but to show my support for MY .. I just share what I've found with u guys..

It seems that we share common OTP !!w00t.gif I feel the same.. LSJ n KYS will always be special and they always say the first love is the sweetest.. so it is not easy to be forgotten... but for me, I love MY more..so it is not that hard to see her with different partner, given a partner as handsome and charming like LMH...hehe blush.gif if not then how u guys going to watch City Hunter... -_-, u will end up be over-jealous and over protective sisters :lol:

@GOGEOUS.haha Me too becomes addicted to SKKS.. but luckily I've finished my study ... so nothing to worry !! but most of my internet time spent on stalking our OTP .. and after SKKS I've not followed any K-Drama.. so I'm looking forward for CH because MY is there..

MY has a nice body not as skinny as other actresses...she has a beautiful smile and for me it is her signature feature and I love how she laughs... though some say ladies shouldn’t laugh loudly due to improper manner...

Wanna share pictures with her beautiful smiles... ( All from COMPAGNA because this is the latest and she looks lovely here...)

smile3.jpg

smile2.jpg

smile4.jpg

smile1.jpg

Credit Baidu

Guest JzzMeen

I remembered reading that this COMPAGNA Spring collection was shot in  Jeju Island and during that time obviously it was freezing cold ( early Spring). She had to change into about 40 dresses for 2 days  photoshoot .. and to maintain wearing thin clothes with that bright smiles in that kind of weather.. I salute her dedication and professionalism ...

green2.jpg

ladyinred.jpg

green1.jpg

green4.jpg

@GOGEOUS.haha's "seems like I'm in the mood to post, haha  :lol::D   " - please keep ur mood up ,,, so that I have a companion here,,,,,,,:w00t:

I wonder will Kim Nana wears pretty dress besides her body guard suit. We had seen one white dress during "kissing scene"

Ha ha, it's great to see this thread so active and with so many devoted PMY fans.

Gogeous, same here. SKKS was really special. My life, like yours, was also fitted to accommodate SKKS during those days:D. I couldn't imagine the day SKKS would end. It made me join Soompi and gave me my first favourite korean actress. I suppose it was the beauty of the characters Min Young n Yoochun portrayed that I have become so attached to the actors as well and want both of them to do really well.

In Min Young's case, I really like the fact that she thinks for herself and knows what kind of roles she wants. As she herself said in her 10asia interview, the kind of roles that actresses get in k-drama are so limited and that she is trying her hardest to do different roles.

She is pretty bold to have admitted to plastic surgery knowing how many tongues can wag with such an admission. She went through a lean patch in her career yet faced all of it courageously.

I didn't know anything of k-pop before SKKS. My interest was strictly limited to the dramas, but now there's so much interest to find out:)

I too haven't found anything as well-made or interesting as SKKS and so really looking forward to Min Young's next venture. And good to know your education didn't end because of SKKS:P. That would have been a tragedy considering Kim Yoon Hee is the ideal student:lol:

Thinking back, I think Yoochun should definitely take Junsu along to watch 'Cat'. That way at least, he will stop adopting one more;)

JzzMeen,

Yes, Min Young laughs so much. I think that's the secret of her beauty:P. It's great to see her remain so cheerful and lift the mood of the people around her. It was kind of hard for me to imagine her with another actor after SKKS. But after ' I am Sam', I realize it is the character that creates all the chemistry. Min Ho was adorable in ' I am Sam'. I want to see how they pair up again though it still remains hard to forget my first OTP. So looking forward to both 'Cat' n 'City Hunter'.

I do not know whether you have watched all these NGS. I had watched some, but not all, found them out only yesterday. Had a whale of a time laughing though it is all unsubbed! Min Young has amazing patience for Yoochun is really the NG king. However exasperated she might feel inside, she always has a smile on her face:D

SKKS Yoochun NGS 1

SKKS Yoochun NGS 2

SKKS Yoochun Making 1

SKKS Yoochun Making 2

Gogeous, maybe it's your mood spilling over......

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

I love the way PMY laughs. That's the reason why I love watching her interviews

even w/o any subs. hahaha. Makes you wanna laugh with her.

And I agree with mimi26 that that's the secret of MIN YOUNG

beauty. :D

Wahaha, watched the vid. I LOLed at the part when yoochun shouted

"kim yoon shikkkkkkk!". :lol: that was funniest NG ever.

@JzzMeen me too, I love PMY more than yoochun that's also

the reason why It's not that hard for me to see pmy with any other leading

men, I was even happy and excited when I read the news about PMY being lee min ho's new leading lady.

Been dreaming of this pair since I started being a fan of pmy.

while in yoochun's case, I cant bear to see him with any other leading

ladies. When the rumor spread about Yoon Eun hye being his new leading

lady in his upcoming drama before... I was so frustrated and I was kind a jealous co'z I heard

she likes sexy girls... which means YEH would suit his taste, but it's a good thing

that it didn't happen.

you don't have to worry about having a companion here.

When city hunter starts to air, for sure there will be alot of new

fans coming to post in this thread.

@ the girl who!

thanks for sharing the scanned pics.

OHMY! does min young and joongki look good together.

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Min Young is a ‘CF Queen’ with “KDB Life”

2011050601000554400040413.jpg

Actress Park Min Young has cemented her position as ‘CF Queen’ with her latest endorsement deal for “KDB Life“, an insurance finance brand.

Their latest CF features the actress playing out her “City Hunter” role, ‘Kim Nana’, ahead of the drama’s pilot episode. As reported earlier, the star went through months of martial arts training for the role, which she put to full use for the shoot. An on-set martial arts director praised, “I didn’t even expect for her to act out such impressive action scenes like this.”

Representatives of “KDB Life” commented, “Trust is one of the most important attributes of the insurance industry, which Park Min Young provides. In order to give life to our new brand, we felt that she was the perfect fit. Her positive and wholesome image for ‘City Hunter’ is exactly what we were looking for, so we’re anticipating the effect she’ll be bringing for our brand.”

Watch : HERE

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/park-min-young-is-a-cf-queen-with-kdb-life

Guest JzzMeen

Happy Thurday..... counting days to 25th May !!

@mimi26

me too .. I like how MY chose her roles...  she tried different characters but the basis is the role comes with a strong personality...  and i believe she learned from the characters she played to become what she is in real life... I also love her crying....she looks pretty even when she cries...

kbsmyyc.jpg

Thanks for sharing the NGs...  I’ve watched various NGs, BTS and fanmade MV from youtube... probably next time I will share some of my favourites...

@ the girl who!

Thanks for sharing.... I think  MY as  Kim Yun Shik  is a believable character because of SJK... Yeorim is such a cute guy  and I love his character !!! and I think they should be close on set because they have known each other  before SKKS  when MY used to be in Sidus agency before moving to KingKong Ent.

@Gogeous

See.. you became a jealous sister already...:lol: but it’s ok .. that’s normal feeling....

I always fall in love with an actress whenever  I shipped a couple.. Being a fan girl of an actress will make me want the best and to protect her. I get mad when MY always get called “plastic girl”...  doing cosmetic surgery is like commiting unforgivable sin... I believe if people don't have financial and religion issues many of them will do PS ... but still I hope MY will not overly doing it !!:sweatingbullets: everything in the past and  I do hope people can see her talents, dedication and hard-work ...she is not the best out there but I hope she can gain more recognition.

To cheer up our day, have you seen  this :-  CITY HUNTER NEW TEASER

Our "KIM NANA"

nana3.jpg

nana2.jpg

nana1.jpg

Credit: Baidu.

Guest JzzMeen

WOW!!! w00t.gif "FOUNTAIN COUPLE" in Korean News .......( sorry that "fountain couple" I got from Mr google )sweatingbullets.gif

coup2.jpg

Credit DC

Others from fan's site :

fount3.jpg

fount2.jpg

fount1.jpg

credit to minami-shineyo.blogspot.com

Enjoy Your Day !!!!:rolleyes:

Are they going to be known as the fountain couple now?tongue2.gif

The new trailer looks very interesting. I loved the scene where she's crying in the bus n he looks away. By the way, are 3 previews  out? I have seen only two.

@ the girl who

Please post more photos of Joong ki n Min Young together. Is it an old pic or a new one? Would love to see both of them do a drama together.

@ gogeous

Ha ha, yes, fans can be possessive. But who said Min Young isn't sexy?;) Finally we have to look at them as actors and see what's best for them. Like you, I was also glad when she got "City Hunter" bcoz obviously, LMH is hot property and there was so much hype about this drama.I can see so much love for her on allkpop though not that much on dramabeans. That's why 'City Hunter' needs to rock. If this becomes a hit, she'll get lots more fans. And most importantly will be able to do roles she wants and not be considered a second choice.

One of my favorite making moments from SKKS is during the making of the gisaeng scene ( Yoon Hee dressed as a gisaeng) where she fools around so much (points to her belly,pretends she's pregnant:P) and then cries so convincingly as the hurt Yoon Hee once the camera starts rolling. Amazing!

@JzzMeen

Being a fan girl of an actress will make me want the best and to protect her

That's so true! I think many of the actresses need it as well since their work is comparatively less recognized than that of their male co-stars bcoz most of the viewers are female. I do understand that, but it's not fair. I have read many comments on SKKS where people say the guys completely overshadowed Min Young or that she didn't do her role convincingly. She, for me, was the heart of it all. If Kim Yoon Shik wasn't convincing, I wouldn't have cared so much for the men in her life.I loved her portrayal and the fact that she was trying to play it differently from the many successful cross-dressing characters of the past. Yes, she may not be the best out there, but I feel she has the desire to be the best and the dedication to work towards that goal.

Thanks a lot for sharing all the nice pics. Wonder who the kids are in the scene!

• Like 1

Guest JzzMeen

Happy Friday the 13th...

Thanks to Monica for the permission to share this :

Lee Min Ho - Park Min Young "City Hunter" Romantic Fountain Couple  Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young  as "City Hunter" Romantic Fountain Couple is revealed.

Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young is looking like "Romantic Fountain Couple" while drenched in waters and wet.

Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young is working for their latest drama "City Hunter" (written by Hwang Eun Kyeong and Choi Su Jin, directed by Jin Hyeok) that would first broadcast on 25th of May. Lee Min Ho would be an MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) graduate and Park Min Young would be a former Judo Athlete, but both of them works for the Presidential Bodyguard team.

Last three days, their photos on Han River Park Square is revealed, where Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young is seen on the fountain. Lee Yoon Seong (Lee Min Ho) and Kim Na Na (Park Min Young) is like playing a match again each other on the fountain where it is not planned by them, but they pour water to each other's body and seems like having a good time.

It was said that Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young wasn't allowed to make NG scenes while they're slapping waters on each others. But seems that Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young is having no difficulties at all while doing the scenes.

Lee Min Ho seems to moves excitedly on the set, and he looks happy, in a good mood. It was not easy to move in the fountain, and especially being wet in a formal suit that Lee Min Ho wore that day but Lee Min Ho manage to control that difficulties, and make the crew do the scenes enthusiastically.

The producer said " The two actor was like having a lot of fun while doing the scenes, making the crew have a lot of fun also with them and proceed the scene-taking..." and " We'll look at the progress of the Romantic Fountain Couple Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young excitedly..."

Translated By : Monica ( a MINOZ) - http://monika-leeminho.blogspot.com/

Original Text from : [NEWSEN]

Reporter Kwon Su Bin ppbn@newsen.com

Newsen@newsen.com news and press releases

copyright ⓒ Newsen. Unauthorized copying & Views

Today, our cute "Kim Nana" was on Korean News again...it is about her "cuteness"on shooting range,  I will share pictures later...

Guest JzzMeen

Park Min Young in City Hunter transformed into Bond Girl

bond1.jpg

May 13, 2011 12:15 pm minongzi

Park Min Young, Korea’s famous actress, transformed herself into a sexy woman who seems to even overshadow Bond Girl.

On the first episode of SBS’s City Hunter, which will be aired on May 25, Park plays Kim Na-na, a former judo player turned into a guard of the Korean presidential residence Blue House.

It is said that at the drama set, she has been radiating lively energies as if really becoming Kim Na-na, who is a healthy, outgoing person despite her past painful experiences.

The atmosphere of the May 7 shooting held in a shooting range near Paju was amicable throughout thanks to her unique lively smiles.

When other actors were busy practicing their shooting skills, she made people laugh by posing a shooting girl with her fingers and sending cute and funny winks.

Her swept-back hair and black-and-white suit, or so-called “bodyguard look” helped her give off a graceful but provocative appeal.

It is also said that her shooing pose of sending love bullets at the camera was suggestive of Bond Girl, a sexy and attractive young woman who appears in James Bond movies.

The production team said, “Kim Na-na is a female guard of the Blue House, but Park Min Young is expected to play the charismatic character, well balanced with her uniquely-adorable appeal. Lee Min Ho, Korea’s most popular actor, and Park are going to be a great ensemble.”

This new soft opera City Hunter is based on the bestselling Japanese cartoon of the same title. By adopting the existing storyline of satisfactorily settling matters, City Hunter is expected to feature the whole journey of the protagonist growing to be a real city hunter. The first episode will be broadest on May 25.

By Seo Eun-hye (eune@tvreport.co.kr)

Source: TVreport (Original article in Korean)

Photo from TVreport

Translated by Geum Jae / Korea.com  

Source :http://en.korea.com/blog/enter/tv/park-min-young-in-city-hunter-transformed-into-bond-girl/

bond2.jpg

Credit as tagged.

I read using Mr Goggle again  that she is the "mood maker" in the filming set. I'm sure she will be able to brighten up the days and ease the tension and tiredness of  the crew members of City Hunter team. Look at the bright smile of LMH in the background...... ;)

Another picture of  "Kim Nana"

chpos2.jpgCredit DC

She looks a bit different here !!!

chposter.jpgCredit DCEnjoy Your Weekend! Park Min Young Fighting!!! Team City Hunter Fighting !!!

@ JzzMeen,

LMH smiling in the background was the first thing I noticed:P. Our girl is sure attracting lots of attention.

Here's Micky's take on Min Young and the last scene. Didn't we all know she was a hard-worker and a  sport at that?

[TRANS] Yuchun Interview about SKKS in Japanese Magazine

—What was your first impression of Park Minyoung?

At first she seemed strong-willed, which is to be expected since she is  an actress. But as I got to know her better she was even more  strong-willed than I thought. (laughs) I don’t mean strong-willed in a  bad way; she is very persevering. I think that she is stronger than a  normal man. So she could get through the tough shooting with a smile and  her mental attitude was really outstanding compared to others. We also  worked together very well and she adjusted herself for me.

—So you really made an effort for each other.

My efforts and her efforts was fundamentally different because I am a  newbie who just began acting but Minyoung was already an actress.  Minyoung would do the reactions in the takes that she wasn’t in the  picture to help me and would practice with me. Except for when she was  exhausted she was there for me even in the crying scenes and the  emotional scenes. So I did the same for her and almost died. (wry smile)

—You did a kiss scene too. What was shooting it like?

If it was just about the kiss scene I would have wanted to do a good  kiss and make it a beautiful scene, but when I thought about Sun joon I  thought he was definitely not a good kisser. So I went with the concept  of “Not good at kissing but has a lot of pride, wouldn’t lose to anyone  as far passion goes, doing his best to hide that he is not a good  kisser”. (laughs)  I met the director today for the first time in quite a  while and he praised me saying “it was better that you acted it that  way”. We did the kiss scene after we had done all-night shooting for 3  days in a row. The staff would doze off while shooting. So it was not a  situation where I could hear words like that and I was a  little disappointed at the time. But hearing the director’s words today,  I thought that my thoughts had matched the scene very well.

—What improvising did you do that was memorable?

The last scene. The original script didn’t have the anything about  looking at an erotic book in it. While we were preparing to shoot the  director said “Why don’t we use an erotic book?” so I said “That’s a  good idea.” and became enthusiastic too. “It’s about time for that book  to appear.” I push down Yunhee. Then (demonstrates) I grope around for  the book and pick it up because it would look funny if I got up again to  pick it up. So I had to push her over and in that position pick up the  book and improvise some lines.

—Did you get an okay in one take?

No. We got an okay on the third take, but the take that wasn’t chosen  was funnier. I said “In times like this I am grateful to Yongha sahyun.”  (Everyone laughs) It was so funny that everyone there fell over  laughing. Personally I really wanted to use that one but the timing  wasn’t right so I shot it again. Also I said “Sooh” (the sound that  classmate Ahn Dohyun makes all the time). Most people didn’t notice but  at the very last I say “Sooh”. My face doesn’t show; just the sound.”  The last shoot was really fun. We shot till 6:00 PM even though the  broadcast was 10:00pm. (laughs) After I finished everything and got home  I got a fever and suddenly became sick.

Trans by: JiJi’s Paw

Shared by: JYJ3

The link to the full article is here My link

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

Min Young looks great in those posters(even made one of it my desktop wallpaper)

and her shooting pose.... ahh... I think I'm going lesbian over her crazy.gifw00t.gif

the wallet is cute too. :D

finally the second teaser is out! definitely so much better than the first. :lol:

i'm counting the days... 11 days more to go! So excited, I hope I won't wait

that long for eng subs.

---

I was squealing and giggling the whole time while reading yoochun's interview.

How I love the part when he's being asked about the kissing scene, I squealed and giggled even

more when I read the answer. Err... yoochun so naughty. blush.gif

I know. Min Young must be the cutest Bond girl everB). Would love to see a fan cam of her on the sets. Didn't you hear the press conference is on 17th? Really looking forward to it.

I was waiting for Yoochun to say how much Min Young had helped him coz seeing the NGs it was kind of obvious:D It sure must be nice to have someone like her on the sets who laughs out and fools around so much.

Here's Min Young n Ah In with the SKKS director doing their voice over for the 7th episode from the DVD. Watched Joongki's and Yoochun's as well where there is lots more talking between the 3 of them though Yoochun seems pretty embarrassed to see himself on screen. Here Min Young is so rapt watching the drama as if she is seeing it for the first time that there's not much talking:D. Ah In is smiling along. The director is the only who seems to be doing some kind of voice over in b/w admiring his own directorial skills.:)  Kind of strange watching them watch themselves on screen:unsure:

My link

Guest JzzMeen

I love how stars of SKKS had a good working relationship and helped each other.. Difficult  life is more tolerable  when you have someone to share with. Min Young is indeed a strong and hardworking person. If I remembered correctly after the last filming of SKKS, she had various photoshots ( Anna Sui ads, Ceci- in France, Vogue Girl – Jan, Feb, Mac issues)  and continued with “CAT” filming, on top of other activities for advertisements ( Compagna, “Favorite” soju, Buckaroo jeans, Solbs, Dove chocolate, Lotte ice-cream, KDB Life insurance). She even participated in Hyundai Velostar campaign as a team leader of Sunflower  team. What a life !!!!:sweatingbullets:                                                

And I would like to share what was the first impression of Song Joong Ki towards Min Young, watch it HERE

"I thought she'd be cold but she has a great personality and maybe even more laidback than Mickey" ----Did I see someone nodding his head agreeing with SJK.:unsure:  

@mimi26 Thanks for sharing SKKS DVD cut.

"Kind of strange watching them watch themselves on screen"-- maybe that why MY was paired with YAI and YC and SJK. It would be more ackward if MY and YC together watching their "kissing scene" .. but I wish that to happen ...

@GOGEOUS.haha her shooting pose.... ahh... I think I'm going lesbian over her”- ohhhh please  .... !!! Don’t compete with YC !! You don’t want to create a love triangle, do you ??/jk  :lol:

Just to add to  Mimi’s min-min couple :-

4 years ago they met in “I am SAM” but not as a couple :

IAMSAM2.gif

IAMSAM.gif

Credit : DC

In 2011, they will meet again :

110511_CITY_HUNTER_B.jpg

Credit as tagged

Aren't you all excited??

A Press Conference of "City Hunter"  will held in SBS  on Tuesday, 17 May 2011, 14.00 pm KST (Korean Standard Time). We can watch it by streaming on SBS channel....can’t wait to see what Min Young will wear on that day ... so  please mark your calendar !!!!

Guest renelhuang

Hallo, everyone. I am a MYFan from China^^ Lack of Translation><  hope the good ones(Tanslator) be be coming,hehe^^ Night!~

Guest JzzMeen

Happy Sunday to all....

@renelhuang Welcome to Min young thread ... glad to see you here ...:w00t:  Min Young has a quite number of dedicated chinese fans...and they are very resourceful...KUDOS to them....hope you can share MY news with us.....

I want to share an old interview... I couldn't find it posted in this thread...if it is already here.. please let me know... I will re-edit this post. It is quite an interesting interview.. you can know a little bit about MY when you read it....

10asia[iNTERVIEW]: Actress Park Min-young

Actress Park Min-young rose to instant stardom through her debut role in MBC smash-hit sitcom "High Kick" in 2006 by managing to shine amidst the throng of diverse characters with her role as Kang Youmi, an ignorent yet confident and cheerful girl in high school.

Yet such fast-obtained popularity rarely lasts for long and the industry does not allow an actress to see slow growth. In KBS drama "I Am Sam" she played a character who holds her emotions within herself while bullied by others rather than immediately respond like Youmi from "High Kick" would have but viewers remembered her as the same cheerful high school student rather than notice the change between the two and in her acting skills.

She then did fairly well in pulling off her role as a princess who depicts on the most tragic narrative through traditional drama "Princess Ja Myung Go" but the low ratings the depressing show scored was applied to Park as well.

Hence she truly meant it when she said through her interview with 10Asia that she "was healed" through her role as girl in boy disguise Yoon-hee in "SungKyunKwan Scandal," a show also starring JYJ member Yuchun and actors Yoo A-in and Song Joong-ki. Below are excerpts from the interview with the 24-year-old actress.

10: You went to Paris as soon as you wrapped up filming for "SungKyunKwan Scandal." Did you rest well?

Park Min-young: I toured the city rather than rest. There was so much to see because it was my first time there. I excitedly rummaged through the numerous galleries in Saint-Germain and acted all silly on the Montmartre hill, running and jumping around by myself when I saw a group of Korean tourists come my way and recognize me. So I ran away but all the whole time I was still acting ridiculously silly. People who were with me said they were ashamed of me.

10: You must've felt more freedom being in a place where nobody recognizes you.

Park: I usually don't mind other people when I go on trips. But I was at one of the most famous department stores in Paris when one of their employees recognized me, a mixed-blood Chinese. She said she watched "SungKyunKwan Scandal" on YouTube and that she had watched it that day as well before she got to work. I was really surprised. It's understandable in the sense that she's Asian but to think that someone living overseas would watch our show real-time was surprising.

10: That incident in itself doesn't prove the drama was a success but "SungKyunKwan Scandal" was a show that was received well by fans also because of its artistic quality, something that cannot be proven merely through the viewership ratings a show posts. What meaning has the show had for you?

Park: I was loved by the public for the first time in a while and on a personal level, I was able to mature in step with my character Yoon-hee. That's why the drama was all the more special [to me]. But what's more of a relief is that it's actually been quite easy shake off my character this time. I was hurt, happy and proud whenever my character was but in the end, I was able to let go of her with a happy mindset because she was loved very much and the story itself ended happily as well.

10: Was it easier to shake off the character because you were happy being her?

Park: The drama saw a happy ending and I just believe that she'll live happily. In a way, I have to shake her off quickly because I'll be going into my next project earlier than I expected but I think I've been doing a good job it so far, one step at a time. That's why I'm staying away from reruns of the show. Watching them will only bring back the emotions I felt back then. I'm going to watch them later on when I'm more at ease. There's still a lingering feeling I have about the show because I put my all into it for six months.

10: You wrote "Thanks Yoon-hee. For coming to me," on your Twitter account. It doesn't seem to mean that you were simply happy to get to play the role of Yoon-hee.

Park: It's also part of the lyrics to one of the soundtracks for "SungKyunKwan Scandal," the ending narration by Yuchun where he says, "Thanks, for coming to me." It best expresses how I feel because first of all, it was through Yoon-hee that I was able to gain the courage to overcome the obstacles laid in front of me. I had taken on the drama after going through a slump in terms of acting and spending much time wondering whether I'm walking the right career path so I healed a lot while playing Yoon-hee. So it was in that sense I wanted to say thank you to her. My great passion for the role was also why I was able to act with such intensity so I was grateful that was conveyed to the viewers and was received well. I cried a lot after shooting my last scene and it was because I felt grateful to the crew I worked with, the actors, the director, the writer and everyone who picked me for the role. I wonder whether I would've been able to become this strong again had I not been given this project.

10: Isn't that because you experienced the process of Yoon-hee maturing?

Park: I felt much vicarious satisfaction from it. And there were a few scenes that Yoon-hee was extremely cool in. She shined when for the first time, she asked her teacher for the chance to dream of a new world while saying she will remain at SungKyunKwan, and when she spoke of how she opened her eyes to the world of academics while on a walk with Seon-joon (Yuchun) after drinking. I also felt a great amount of satisfaction when she asked, 'If you can't become a government official because you're a woman, why is the Joseon that men created in this awful state?' in response to how she was taught that she needs to be able to question what is regarded as natural. It isn't often that you get to learn through a project and the character you play in it. I think getting to learn things from Yoon-hee itself makes me a lucky person.

10: You played a rare character in a rare drama.

Park: It isn't often that actresses get to play such round characters. It may seem like there are a variety of roles that actresses can play in Korean dramas but there's only about three types: the Cinderella, a femme fatale, or the mean girl who is green with envy. But Yoon-hee is a character who has been developed an extra step from that. A-in too said he would have played Yoon-hee had he been born a woman.

10: As happy as you were with your character, I'm sure there was a point where the role actually became comfortable for you.

Park Min-young: From the third or fourth episode? That's when the acting became easier. I was still a bit lost during the first two episodes or so because I hadn't fully digested my role so I had to put in a conscious effort to control the tone of my voice or emotions but I started feeling comfortable after that. And the director and writer left a lot up to me to decide so I increasingly felt comfortable. Then at certain scenes, for example, where I realize that my father was reading to me instead of my brother,

I immersed myself into the role to an uncontrollable point.

10: So that may be why but it seems like the Park Min-young we know has improved a lot as an actress as well. For example, it didn't seem like you cowered in the scene with veteran actor Kim Kap-soo.

Park: Mr. Kim Kap-soo wasn't the godly senior actor I usually see him as when we shot that scene but just the high-ranking government official that he is in the drama. And Yoon-hee was someone who is always sure of herself. Mr. Kim Kap-soo is also just such a cheerful person. So for that scene, we'd glare at each other while drinking tea when the camera is rolling but as soon as it stops, he'd say, "Okay, let's one-shot this." (laugh) And then he'd really wait until I one-shot the hot tea. So it wasn't what I used to say but these days, when I'm asked who is closest to my ideal man of the 'Jalgeum Foursome,' I'll instead answer that it's

Mr. Kim. (laugh) I didn't have to cower or feel uncomfortable because that's the sort of atmosphere we filmed the drama in.

10: So you had a lot of fun working on the drama, you did some acting that even you yourself are convinced of, and was loved by viewers. And thanks to that, you said you were able to overcome certain obstacles -- what are they?

Park: For me they are... several things. You need to have a certain amount of popularity or be recognized by people to an extent to play the roles you want but I lacked in that aspect so there were problems that stemmed from that. At the same time, it's a result of my own laziness and conceitedness so I couldn't blame anyone else for it. I learned the lesson that if I were to go back to those times, I would not make the same choices but back then, I felt lost. I knew in which direction I should go but was scared whether I'd be able to. So it was from Yoon-hee that I acquired the courage to give things another shot. Ultimately, Yoon-hee was in the same state as I was, constantly having to overcome one obstacle after another. And I believe that anyone in their twenties would fully relate to her position. Us people in our twenties have yet to become complete beings. And because of that, we will have to go through much trial and error and think about whether to compromise with reality or charge forward with achieving our dreams.

10: Like you say, going through trial and error and getting met with crises is something that everyone in their twenties experiences. What's important is whether you lose your courage or not.

Park: It was probably the gloomiest period of my life during which I had lost confidence and depressed. I hadn't felt that way even during puberty. It was a time that I spent worrying over the most basic questions such as whether I'm walking the right path. That's how psychologically devastated I was.

10: Was that around the time your SBS TV series "Princess Ja Myung Go" ended its run?

Park: After it. There's actually a lot I gained through "Princess Ja Myung Go." It was the first time I acted in a close-to traditional drama after having mostly played the role of a bubbly or coy high school student. And that's why it took a long time for me to prepare for it. My tone of voice or pronunciation had worked as advantages to my roles as a high school student but as obvious shortcomings for a historical drama so I had to work on strengthening my voice and wording. I also practiced the traditional pansori for a long time and on my pronunciation like anchorwomen do. So I may have had a tough time with the drama psychologically because I shot it for six months after going through such training but I learned a lot in terms of acting. I think I was presented with the large gift of getting to play Yoon-hee because of my experience with "Princess Ja Myung Go." It's just that I was shocked back then because more people turned their back on the drama than I expected and I wondered whether it was my fault. I don't know...

I won't go back to being stupid and think that my next project will do well just because this one [sungKyunKwan Scandal] did.

10: So that's the way you thought back then?

Park: I had been quite lucky then. None of my work had been failures up till that point. "I Am Sam" may have seen low ratings but I got to play the main female character although it was only my second project and even received an award for it. Everyone was also always praising me about how pretty I am. Then I appeared in "Korean Ghost Stories: Gumiho" which was a single-episode drama but it saw ratings of 21 percent. That's why I think I naturally came to presume that "Princess Ja Myung Go" would do well too so I was even more shocked when it didn't. It wouldn't have affected me as much if I had been ready for it somewhat but it hit me harder because I wasn't. So I did have a bit of a hard time back then but I settled with the fact that I at least got to work on a good project with good people. The problem started after that. A few projects got flopped after "Princess Ja Myung Go" and it distressed me greatly. I thought I had nothing to lose since "Princess Ja Myung Go" was not popular but I started thinking maybe there was. Things kept happening to the projects I really wanted to work on so I became increasingly dispirted which led me to doubt myself and think 'Can I really do this?' Then I moved agencies and a lot of things changed, so I told myself I'd start on a clean slate and took on drama "Running, Gu." It was after I was convinced that I was okay with starting all over again and I would have no expectations. I just wanted to gain good experience and really did not expect the show to see high ratings since it was meant to fill in empty time. Thanks to that, I had fun filming it and while I warmed up like that, I was handed the script for "SungKyunKwan Scandal" and got the part for Yoon-hee through the final audition. Since I had no expectations, the acting was fun and my mind became abundant enough to bear through the physical exhaustion I felt from the filming. That's why I can now say confidently that I've become as strong as Yoon-hee.

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@

Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk eleven@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@, Lee Ji-Hye seven@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Source : http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010113018545469342