Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in LA Jul 27 |New drama SOON! ]

OksanaSiytra

otua said: Article: Park Min Young "Hateful comments asking whether I got plastic surgery to look uglier during my 2 year hiatus"

Source:
 Star Today via Nate

"I really let myself go for my character and didn't care about how I looked since my character was someone who lived a busy and rough life. I laughed when I started reading comments saying, 'I thought she was pretty but her beauty dropped', 'I never knew she was this ugly', or 'Did she get plastic surgery to look uglier?' From the perspective of an actress, it's both laughable and upsetting but once I let myself go without worrying about camera angles and whatnot, I found a sense of freedom within my acting..."

1. [+788, -47] Honestly, Park Min Young's dramas either do average or above average. Her acting's not on the bad end either. I wish she'd gain more self esteem and stop fixing up her face. She began looking unnatural with 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' and now her face is just melting down.

2. [+518, -23] She's getting older... naturally, your beauty won't be what it was when you were younger. People should stop expecting it to.

3. [+505, -82] She got famous for her plastic surgery but it's also ruining her now too.

4. [+36, -19] I love her and enjoyed her in 'Sungkyunkwan' and 'City Hunter'. Looking forward to her other dramas.

5. [+32, -11] Normally kids who got a lot of work done when they were younger start to show the negative effects as they grow older and get uglier... Like Yoo In Na..

6. [+32, -3] She was the prettiest during 'High Kick'

7. [+32, -22] I think it's true that she got uglier though;;;

8. [+21, -2] She's 30 now, you can't expect her to always look like she did in her twenties

credithttp://www.netizenbuzz.blogspot.de/2015/02/park-min-young-talks-about-dealing-with.html
Seriously though, what about her is ugly...I do not understand these K-netizens, I hope she does not take these comments to heart. What matters most is that she got better at acting. I mean she is just glowing and looks beautiful, I mean she's gotten prettier with age...Guess we all have different standards of beauty

Guest wizengamot

blossomnagr said: Guys, as you know PMY's birthday is approaching, March 4th. We are planning to make two videos. first, dedicated to her birthday and  second, 10 year anniversary in entertainment industry. 
Please send your birthday wishes, fan arts and messages to pmyifansutd@gmail.com by March 1st. Thank you! :x

Guest blossomnagr

[interview] Lovely Park Min-yeong, "I was thirsty for acting"

Park Min-yeong threw off the 'mysterious veil' and attempted at something new through "Healer". She claims she was so thirsty to act when she made her comeback half a year after "A New Leaf".

The Park Min-yeong we know isn't cold and haughty. She's warm and passionate about her job and sticks to her decisions.

Top Star News met Park Min-yeong in a café in Sinsadong on the 13th of February. She was honest and straightforward with her answers.

Park Min-yeong announced comeback not long after "A New Leaf" had finished. She said, "The term between dramas was a little short but I had had a lot of time to analyze my character so I was ready".

She recalled the process it took to get into this drama and said, "I decided to do it in July; filmed until December. It's not easy to find something as good as the conditions of this drama. However, the director, the writer and I put our heads together to break down the character and I understood it well".

She chose to comeback with "A New Leaf" after 2 years of absence. She said, "I decided to do that drama thinking I needed to learn a lesson or two from my seniors. I was so thirsty to act the more I learned".

She claims she was lucky to have met "Healer".

Before she met "Healer", she was abroad but she decided everything in 3 hours and met the team in 24. The director, writer and herself talked over dinner and decided to go on board.Source : www.topstarnews.net

10599472_1580284935549105_63771823068337

Guest appearance all thanks to @saved2k who informed me MY's interviews had come out. Ah, so fangirling for some minutes before leaving off all distractions and going back to my main priority.

Thanks @PiyuMiUmesha. :)

@AndOne I had such a big smile on my face when I saw your post. Good to see you back , dear. I had forgotten about her teddy bear necklace.

@swcheeks Yes, I too have many actresses I like like Yoon Eun Hye, Han Chae Ah, Lee Shi Young etc but what I feel for Min Young is more personal. As JzzMeen's quote used to be"There are many people who will catch your eye, but few who will catch your heart." For me, as I have repeated ad nauseam here and in other places, it was her 10Asia interview after SKKS where her thoughts seemed to coincide with mine. I had loved her performance as Yoon Hee, but what she said about the limited roles available for actresses seemed to me the position I also had reached after watching my share of kdramas. So, it seemed to me here is an intelligent actress articulating a truth about the industry she is in and wanting to change that position in her limited capacity. I found her interview quite philosophical and there started our love affair. Hehe Also, since she didn't have many i-fans at that time, it seemed like she was an underdog. Also, I felt that she was not being given her due in some quarters. So, compared to other actresses whom I liked, that was also perhaps a motivation to support her more.

After being in this fandom for some years now, I have learnt it the hard way to have zero expectations from k-netz. I think there are many who love and support Min Young or who are at least fair enough to say where they find her good and where they don't. But as in most cases, when the more tolerant majority sits silent, the minority with extreme views do not hesitate to voice their opinion. For that group, Min Young will always be the girl who did P.S. Whatever she does, whether she wins a nobel prize for peace or stop a war, it will still be "But she still did P.S." So, whether it be some news about Min Young vacationing abroad or how she does not care for netizen opinions about her looking 'ugly' playing CYS, it will still be "Well, she did P.S." We have a saying in our language that even under a cow's udder full of milk, a mosquito will only be looking for blood to suck. The same case with people who thrive on hate. They will not see that Min Young has worked hard to fit into the role of Chae Young Shin and been appreciated for that, that she let go of stupid inhibitions like 'looking pretty' , but will only repeat "she should stop tinkering with her face". Whatever you do, whether you lose weight for your role or cut your hair short or do prosthetics, it will still be "my god, she is just doing too much P.S." The comments just amuse me now.

But this has definitely given me an idea of what a challenge it is in a beauty-obsessed country to stop worrying about the external aspects and focus on the important stuff. I used to think before that actresses who worry about their looks are just wasting unnecessary time on the trivial stuff, but now I can see that it is definitely a challenge there. If they found her as Chae Young Shin ugly, I really wonder what somebody who looks like me would feel there. There would be so much pressure on me to conform to the ideal look. Anyway, I just hope Min Young doesn't backtrack from here and start worrying about looking pretty in her next onscreen appearance. She is on the right track and should just try to do her best to do full justice to her character. While I can see that the MCs are trying to tease her by commenting on her leaving her 20s behind (I think it also helps her interact with them as a person just like them, not as the so called goddess), I also hope it doesn't make her start worrying about being older. I think she is in a great place right now, leaving many of her insecurities behind. I found her more emotional than she usually is in the Entertainment Relay interview. I guess the MC sensed it too. There seem to be many things she is regretful of, but then life is all about second chances, right? I really hope she finds luck in love this time around since I get the feeling she has been hurt there. Don't worry Min Youngsshi. The right person will automatically come along when you find peace with yourself, when you reach a place where you feel happy with being yourself. I think she has already started on that path, so Mr. Right will find her soon.

Actually, one of my favourite looks of Min Young in Healer is in the bus scene in the early episodes where Jung Ho is trying to get hold of one of her hair strands. She has that totally bedraggled look combined with somebody also having a cold.She did not look her best there, but she looked like Chae Young Shin. And isn't that what is important?

We can only speculate as to why she left Kingkong, but since many top actresses who had joined KK along with her and after her left the agency soon after, one can assume they felt there was something missing there which they found elsewhere. After Jin, she was offered the female lead in the romcom movie "Queen of the Night" first offered to Lee Dong Wook, also from KK and later to Chun Jung Myung. But she didn't do the movie. But MY worked continuously in the years she was with KK. Running Shirt and SKKS in 2010, CAT, City Hunter, Glory Jane in 2011 and Jin in 2012.

@youngshin, About her 2 year hiatus. I think she used that period really well like @AndOne pointed out. Happy to know she also did her Masters/ is pursuing it. But I have this gut feeling that she was a wee bit lost there. May be it was all a delayed reaction to all the pressure she went through coz of the dating news since she had been working right through all of it. She came back to do Dr. Jin just after 3 months after the breakup and she later told that she was not physically ready to do a drama then and that too a sageuk. Perhaps she had lost touch with herself as a person and some time on her own was her way of re-discovering herself. I remember her saying that her journeys during those years were the first time she journeyed alone with her family without anybody else to help her with the travel arrangements. She had to do all the planning and even used to fight with the cab drivers if she found them overcharging her and carry around her mom's n sister's luggage as well. LOL First time, she came out of her sheltered life as an actress and enjoyed travelling as Park Min Young, the woman in her 20s. May be she was also a bit worn out since she was working around the clock during 2010 and 2011 up to Dr. Jin and really needed a break.  Anyway, I think it was all worth it if it brought her back to the industry with that renewed thirst for acting as she put it.

Thanks @blossomnagr for all the interviews. It is so great to read so many interviews of Min Young after such a long time.

'Healer' has shown a different side of Park Min Young the actress to many. But she will have to do more consistent work to earn her place as an actress who can be more than trusted, an actress who can take on any role and surprise people with her performance.

I am also really glad Min Young had Ji Chang Wook for her partner in 'Healer'. He seems to be very honest, grounded and real in that he does not try to  project an image of himself as cool, charismatic etc just for the heck of it. He is not afraid to show himself as less than perfect, like a normal guy. More than that, they worked together well to create believable chemistry as a couple. Also love Yoo Ji Tae for taking such good care of Min Young. All his praise of Min Young seemed to come from his heart and I was really touched by how humble and kind he is despite being such a big star. Min Young really got some wonderful co-stars to work with, who put her at ease and who worked like a team with her.

@AndOne mentioning Min Young's reading habit reminded me of this tweet of hers in April 2010.

"I have been reading Gong Ji Young's Go By Yourself Like A Cow's Horn and it has made me think about things. There's been sad incidents in my life and I've been regretful and down these days. That's why everything is my homework. I have to become more strong. When a year goes by or when ten years go by, there will only be one answer. Because I've had my reasons for crying, there will always be reasons to laugh. And for that, I should be thankful."

Min Young has a very emotional side to her personality, but she also knows to philosophise her situation. That is why as a fan, sometimes I used to worry too much about her. But then I would remind myself that she is very strong emotionally as well and that she has been an actress for long.

So, onward we march!

Throwback to ditzy Kang Yoomi of Unstoppable High Kick whose love for Romeo was too deep for words that only one line could do justice to it - 'Oh Romeo"  ;)

cre: ashrinnee, twitter n MBCclassic, YT

@mimi26, again, thank you so much for all the info that you have provided in regards to uri MY. She seems to be such a good natured person and I'm happy that I found a liking to her. I'm glad that she was casted for Healer. I hope she just gets more offers after this project. She deserves every credit and praise for her hard work.

PiyuMiUmesha said: otua said: Article: Park Min Young "Hateful comments asking whether I got plastic surgery to look uglier during my 2 year hiatus"

Source:
 Star Today via Nate

"I really let myself go for my character and didn't care about how I looked since my character was someone who lived a busy and rough life. I laughed when I started reading comments saying, 'I thought she was pretty but her beauty dropped', 'I never knew she was this ugly', or 'Did she get plastic surgery to look uglier?' From the perspective of an actress, it's both laughable and upsetting but once I let myself go without worrying about camera angles and whatnot, I found a sense of freedom within my acting..."

1. [+788, -47] Honestly, Park Min Young's dramas either do average or above average. Her acting's not on the bad end either. I wish she'd gain more self esteem and stop fixing up her face. She began looking unnatural with 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' and now her face is just melting down.

2. [+518, -23] She's getting older... naturally, your beauty won't be what it was when you were younger. People should stop expecting it to.

3. [+505, -82] She got famous for her plastic surgery but it's also ruining her now too.

4. [+36, -19] I love her and enjoyed her in 'Sungkyunkwan' and 'City Hunter'. Looking forward to her other dramas.

5. [+32, -11] Normally kids who got a lot of work done when they were younger start to show the negative effects as they grow older and get uglier... Like Yoo In Na..

6. [+32, -3] She was the prettiest during 'High Kick'

7. [+32, -22] I think it's true that she got uglier though;;;

8. [+21, -2] She's 30 now, you can't expect her to always look like she did in her twenties

credithttp://www.netizenbuzz.blogspot.de/2015/02/park-min-young-talks-about-dealing-with.html
Seriously though, what about her is ugly...I do not understand these K-netizens, I hope she does not take these comments to heart. What matters most is that she got better at acting. I mean she is just glowing and looks beautiful, I mean she's gotten prettier with age...Guess we all have different standards of beauty

@mimi26Nice delivery of how you pointed out PMY's P.S... I guess these will be an ongoing and unresolved issue, since a lot of k-nets try to single her out. They just hate her for goodness sake. But why? Is it because she is often paired with popular handsome, hot men? Not fair...Thank you for those bits and pieces info compiled in one comment. Why she left KK... Her hiatus...Re-discovering herself... her journey alone with her family... Very impressive comment chingu! Her healing process made her into a better person! 
Thank you guys for all you posts, articles, pix and all...

Loved reading PMY's recent interview on Soompi about how she has been approaching the (ridiculous) criticisms she's received regarding her looks. She gave very thought provoking answers and I'm glad that she took that hiatus to look within herself to see what is truly important. As an actress, you shouldn't have to feel like you are restrained from acting your heart out because you have to maintain that "actress image". It's unfair, reeks of double standards, and goes to show how messed up the expectations Korean society place on their youth. 
It's these unrealistic expectations and extreme pressure to fit some unachievable beauty standard that leads to such high numbers of plastic surgeries and suicide rates in Korea. People never feel like they are good enough. We are all human beings and are thus social creatures who are not immune to the influences of society however hard we try. I just wish that people would help and support each other, but if you can't do that, at least don't harm each other.  
Sorry about the mini-rant...Anyways, I actually loved PMY's looks in Healer and truly saw the change in her acting and just her overall approach to acting. I can see the energy and joy she brought to her performance and that's wonderful! 

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 600; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "Park Min Young Doesn’t Care for Looking Pretty Anymore, Shrugs Off Criticism about Her LooksFebruary 23, 2015
Park Min Young Doesn’t Care for Looking Pretty Anymore, Shrugs Off Criticism about Her Looks

In a candid interview with Star News, actress Park Min Young opens up about the lessons she learned during her two-year hiatus and how it fortified her to deal with harsh netizen criticisms about her looks while she was on the drama “Healer.”

She says, “I think this past two-year hiatus was a big turning point for me [...] It was a time for me to empty myself and an opportunity to reflect. In the past, even if nobody was pressuring me, I felt pressure. The pressure and the vague fear of being forgotten were really big. At a certain point, acting became less enjoyable for me, and because I wasn’t able to fully immerse myself into my characters, I felt dissatisfied and empty. But as I took a break from acting and engaged in self-reflection, I began to treasure and experience a thirst [for acting]. It was then that I crossed paths with ‘A New Leaf.’”

“A New Leaf” would become Park Min Young’s comeback drama and the launching pad for “Healer,” “Because of the two years I took emptying myself, I was able to completely focus on acting without any idle thoughts. There was never a time that acting was more enjoyable [...] I also completely let go of the idea that I had clung to stubbornly, that an actress has to no matter what look pretty.”

The actress is referring to her role as a spunky and free-spirited entertainment reporter in “Healer,” “For the first time, I abandoned myself and only thought about the character. From the hairstyle to the clothes, makeup, and fashion, I adapted everything to the character.”

She continued, “Because [i let myself go], I received quite a lot of harsh comments. (laughter) Because my character doesn’t care about her looks and lives so busily and coarsely, I filmed that way. I just laughed while reading malicious comments like, ‘I thought she was pretty, but her beauty has deteriorated,’ ‘I didn’t know she was that ugly,’ and ‘Did she get surgery to get uglier?’”

“Obviously, as an actress, it’s not the ideal situation, but as I gradually immersed myself more and more into the acting without being concerned about the angles [of the shot], everything freed up and became comfortable [...] Through letting go of that one desire [to look pretty], I became freer as an actress, to the point that I wondered why I didn’t do this earlier. Because my body and mind are at ease, I don’t have any useless thoughts. Acting becomes fun, and my desire to act only flourishes.”

Meanwhile, after finishing up “Healer,” Park Min Young is currently taking a break as she contemplates her next project.

Are you looking forward to her next role?

Source (1)

Thank you so much for all the updates about PMY. @ mimi26.. I had watched some episodes of high kick before but I was not able to watch the one u had posted awhile ago. I laughed aloud.
I had the chance to see all PMY's pics yesterday and I was glad having those gorgeous pics of her. She is really pretty ... every time I see her pics and  read news about her.. my day becomes complete ...fangirling overload???
Added to that ..when I woke up this morning... I was so happy knowing that the interviews had already been  translated. I waited for it till last night. Thanks blossomangr  and mimi26 for all the efforts ..posting and giving us more insights regarding the hiatus thing and everything that u had shared for us to know. Our Princess had had a hard time before because of those judgemental comments from the  netizens.. that was one of the reasons why I also hibernated and did not visit soompi for  a very long time. I've  been contented to see her pics in FB and gave my comments instead. So when I heard that she will be having a drama.. A New Leaf.. I was so happy. And then comes the Healer.. which I waited patiently to air.. my happiness was completely undeniable since it was so addicting .. and I began to love JCW also for her..  till now I can't move on hehehe . Anyways, PMY had grown to be a really insightful actress .. not to mention of her being humble but an intelligent individual. I always love her not only for her acting (though to some not good but for me it is always the best) but because of her personality. Wish you all the best Princess. Have faith in yourself and more  to God! 

Guest treasure51

pardon me, @youngshin, you're a female, rite? u just make me confuse.

actually, i watched healer bcoz of PMY, i wasnt recognize her with her new hair style, i just said to myself, i must watch this drama, its PMY, and woow she looks awesome, it must be very interesting drama.

when i watched her act in healer, is that PMY??? she can dance (sexy), sing, and she can kiss ( so natural, and she kiss first!!) even at that time i just feel that she is CYS not PMY. in healer she is in her best.

til now, i can't watch another drama. usually i tried a movie or short drama to get over, but this time its hard.

cant wait for her next project,

Min Young-shi wishing you always happy and be yourself also have a new boyfriend that you wish for..

Guest youngshin

ooops @treasure51 sorry, did not mean to confuse anyone...I am female and PMY is my new girl crush...I like lots of actresses but my liking for her is now on a different level.

She is very addictive in my opinion and I am glad I can sense some company here in this thread.

I read in baidu her next project will be a china production so will be flying to China and Australia? for the next few months :( Hope that project will be successful and hope the china male leads will be super handsome and good in acting. It's a rom comedy!

Guest youngshin

celyw said: I read in baidu her next project will be a china production so will be flying to China and Australia? for the next few months :( Hope that project will be successful and hope the china male leads will be super handsome and good in acting. It's a rom comedy!